Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Members MatchDay reviews

Go down 
+8
Frankel
White Bridge
naked-lilly
transit man
walsheman
Admin3
Taibi
gaaman
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
gaaman
Intermediate
Intermediate

Members MatchDay reviews Empty
PostSubject: Members MatchDay reviews   Members MatchDay reviews Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 12:03 am

Would anyone be interested in doing Match Day reviews, in the line of the Previews in the Sticky?

I'm sure other members are interested in the matches they didn't get to, and maybe getting different views from each side.

Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Members MatchDay reviews   Members MatchDay reviews Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 2:01 am

Il do one for the Nurney-Ballyteague match but theres no sticky for reviews.
Back to top Go down
Admin3
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Members MatchDay reviews   Members MatchDay reviews Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 4:43 am

Now a sticky, add as you want.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Members MatchDay reviews   Members MatchDay reviews Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 10:31 am

Nurney v Ballyteague Intermediate round 3. Hawkfield.

This was a comfortable win in the end for the Larks with injuries seeminly catching up on Nurney.

Nurney started brightest (playing with a strong breeze) with a goal in the first minute of the game by Andrew Behan, 3 more points (Behan2, MConway) to give them a 1-3 to no score lead, this seemed to wake up Ballyteague who kicked 4 un-answered points including a great point from Derek Mooney.

The Larks were well and truly on top at this stage and struck for a goal to put them into a 1-4 to 1-3 lead, Nurney replied with 2 points from centre forward Brian Behan, Ballyteague finished of the half with two points to leave it Ballyteague 1-6 Nurney 1-5.

The second half began with 2 points for the men in green and gold who had an excellent display from midfielder (number 8, name eludes me), Nurney got off the mark in the second half with a pointed free from Martin Conway, from the resultant kick out Ballyteague got a goal that put the final nail in Nurney's coffin leaving the score 2-8 to 1-7 in favour of the Larks with 10 minutes remaining, Ballyteague then kicked the next two points through Seamus Hanifan and Mooney, Nurney responded with points from Brian Cahill and Eoin Merrins, Ballyteague scored the final point of the game to leave the final score Ballyteague 2-11 Nurney 1-9.

(Best I could do, don't think The Nationalist will be calling me anytime soon)
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Members MatchDay reviews   Members MatchDay reviews Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 12:38 am

Taibi wrote:

This was a comfortable win in the end for the Larks with injuries seeminly catching up on Nurney.

Nurney started brightest (playing with a strong breeze) with a goal in the first minute of the game by Andrew Behan, 3 more points (Behan2, MConway) to give them a 1-3 to no score lead, this seemed to wake up Ballyteague who kicked 4 un-answered points including a great point from Derek Mooney.

The Larks were well and truly on top at this stage and struck for a goal to put them into a 1-4 to 1-3 lead, Nurney replied with 2 points from centre forward Brian Behan, Ballyteague finished of the half with two points to leave it Ballyteague 1-6 Nurney 1-5.

The second half began with 2 points for the men in green and gold who had an excellent display from midfielder (number 8, name eludes me), Nurney got off the mark in the second half with a pointed free from Martin Conway, from the resultant kick out Ballyteague got a goal that put the final nail in Nurney's coffin leaving the score 2-8 to 1-7 in favour of the Larks with 10 minutes remaining, Ballyteague then kicked the next two points through Seamus Hanifan and Mooney, Nurney responded with points from Brian Cahill and Eoin Merrins, Ballyteague scored the final point of the game to leave the final score Ballyteague 2-11 Nurney 1-9.

nothing wrong with that at all
Back to top Go down
transit man
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Members MatchDay reviews   Members MatchDay reviews Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 8:49 am

Taibi wrote:

Fair play Taibi, good report, the number 8 is Kieran Brennan
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Members MatchDay reviews   Members MatchDay reviews Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 11:54 am

Nurney v Kilcullen Intermediate round 4. Sunday 4th September, Athy.

Kilcullen 0-10
Nurney 1-6

Nurney went into this game knowing a win would give them a realistic chance of avoiding the relegation play-off's. Kilcullen started brightest with a point in the 2nd minute of the game, Nurney replied with a pointed free from Martin Conway after Brian Cahill was hauled down on the 21 yard line,Nurney then took the lead with a point from Cahill after good work by the Nurney backs, Andrew Behan was then awarded a free which Cahill slotted over to give Nurney a 0-3 0-1 lead mid way through the first half, this game was played in tough conditions with the wind making it very difficult for both teams, Brian Bell got Kilcullens second point of the game to leave the half-time scoreline 0-3 0-2 in Brian Lacey's men favour.

5 minutes into the second half Kilcullen tagged on 2 points to put them into the lead, then Nurney's Martin Conway struck for a goal after a clever pass from Cahill, Nurney were now dominating possession but could not turn this into scores, a pointed free from Conway gave them a 3 point lead mid-way through the second half, the Rags were now starting to gain control in mid-field and 2 quick fire points left the minimum between the teams going into the final 10 minutes. Three pointed frees from Kilcullen put them in the driving seat before Kevin Keegan and John Merrins cancelled them out however these were to be Nurney's last scores of the game, the men in black and white kicked the winning point through their very impressive centre forward Brian Bell.

It was rough justice on Nurney who were the better team throughout, they now face the daunting prospect of the relegation play-off's but judging on their display on Sunday they will be confident of retaining their Intermediate status, Kilcullen now prepare for a quater final and they could be dark horses for the Intermediate Championship.
Back to top Go down
naked-lilly
Senior
Senior
naked-lilly

PostSubject: Re: Members MatchDay reviews   Members MatchDay reviews Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 3:39 am

you fancy your chances saturday then taibi? whos gonna drop?
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Members MatchDay reviews   Members MatchDay reviews Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 8:00 am

Taibi wrote:
Nurney v Kilcullen Intermediate round 4. Sunday 4th September, Athy.

Kilcullen 0-10
Nurney 1-6

Nurney went into this game knowing a win would give them a realistic chance of avoiding the relegation play-off's. Kilcullen started brightest with a point in the 2nd minute of the game, Nurney replied with a pointed free from Martin Conway after Brian Cahill was hauled down on the 21 yard line,Nurney then took the lead with a point from Cahill after good work by the Nurney backs, Andrew Behan was then awarded a free which Cahill slotted over to give Nurney a 0-3 0-1 lead mid way through the first half, this game was played in tough conditions with the wind making it very difficult for both teams, Brian Bell got Kilcullens second point of the game to leave the half-time scoreline 0-3 0-2 in Brian Lacey's men favour.

5 minutes into the second half Kilcullen tagged on 2 points to put them into the lead, then Nurney's Martin Conway struck for a goal after a clever pass from Cahill, Nurney were now dominating possession but could not turn this into scores, a pointed free from Conway gave them a 3 point lead mid-way through the second half, the Rags were now starting to gain control in mid-field and 2 quick fire points left the minimum between the teams going into the final 10 minutes. Three pointed frees from Kilcullen put them in the driving seat before Kevin Keegan and John Merrins cancelled them out however these were to be Nurney's last scores of the game, the men in black and white kicked the winning point through their very impressive centre forward Brian Bell.

It was rough justice on Nurney who were the better team throughout, they now face the daunting prospect of the relegation play-off's but judging on their display on Sunday they will be confident of retaining their Intermediate status, Kilcullen now prepare for a quater final and they could be dark horses for the Intermediate Championship.

That's where he ended up.............'I would just love it if we beat them...........' Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Members MatchDay reviews   Members MatchDay reviews Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 9:37 am

naked-lilly wrote:
you fancy your chances saturday then taibi? whos gonna drop?
I really don't know tbh, if I was a betting man I would say Ballykelly. They have been pretty poor all year in the league and championship.

Nurney v Caragh will not be pretty, expect a battle of epic proportions. Will be very close.

I expect Raheens to have little trouble in beating Ballykelly.

Back to top Go down
naked-lilly
Senior
Senior
naked-lilly

PostSubject: Re: Members MatchDay reviews   Members MatchDay reviews Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 4:40 am

all good teams on there day hard to know is right! id like to say div 2 football could stand to caragh and raheens but sallins fairly threw that theory out the window! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Members MatchDay reviews   Members MatchDay reviews Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 7:18 am

naked-lilly wrote:
all good teams on there day hard to know is right! id like to say div 2 football could stand to caragh and raheens but sallins fairly threw that theory out the window! Shocked
Theres not a huge difference in div2 and the top teams in div3 imo, Clogherinkoe for example are in div 2 yet they don't show this in the Junior Championship, We played div1 teams Confey and Rathangan (which we should have won) earlier in the championship and we held our own for long periods all this without our county players and 5 other regulars so we just need a bit of luck hopefully next year we'll get it.

Our main aim of the year was to gain promotion to div2 but we were decimated with injuries and lads working abroad, for a small club this has huge repercussions.
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Members MatchDay reviews   Members MatchDay reviews Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 7:46 pm

no review this week taibi of your match against caragh? i was at it myself actually, were you playing?
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Members MatchDay reviews   Members MatchDay reviews Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 9:19 am

fat full forward wrote:
no review this week taibi of your match against caragh? i was at it myself actually, were you playing?
I'm sure people are getting sick of reading my shitty reviews from Nurney's games.

I was indeed.

Were you?
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Members MatchDay reviews   Members MatchDay reviews Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 7:06 pm

no wasnt playing was in the stand as an interested spectator, where were you playing and i might be able to give a review for the forum of your performance?
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Members MatchDay reviews   Members MatchDay reviews Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 7:45 am

fat full forward wrote:
no wasnt playing was in the stand as an interested spectator, where were you playing and i might be able to give a review for the forum of your performance?
I can't be telling you that now Razz

Maybe you do the review anyway.
Back to top Go down
urnaiabu
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Members MatchDay reviews   Members MatchDay reviews Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 9:52 pm

dont mind him taibi nurney be still intermediate next year , we have seen nothing of andy yet he will do it for us in the final and murt be back too
Back to top Go down
parcel
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Members MatchDay reviews   Members MatchDay reviews Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 10:54 pm

Didn't see much of Andy on Saturday... Serious sideline tho
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Members MatchDay reviews   Members MatchDay reviews Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 6:15 am

urnaiabu wrote:
dont mind him taibi nurney be still intermediate next year , we have seen nothing of andy yet he will do it for us in the final and murt be back too
Murt has hardly set the world alight either
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Members MatchDay reviews   Members MatchDay reviews Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 6:17 am

Jimmy white wrote:
Didn't see much of Andy on Saturday... Serious sideline tho
Mr. Lacey could still do a job if only he could get a transfer Razz
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Members MatchDay reviews   Members MatchDay reviews Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 8:57 am

Nurney v Ballykelly Intermediate Relegation Final

This local derby was played in a very wet and windy Ellistown on Sunday afternoon but that didn't deter a large crowd attending.

Nurney started the brightest and went 0-2 to 0-0 within the first 5 minutes with points coming from wing back Michael Behan and his brother Andrew. Ballykelly were next to score through Alan Hickey.

Nurney were dominating around the middle but could not turn it into scores however the did score through a pointed free from Bryan Cahiil, Daryl Cullen and a Hickey free tied the game before Martin Conway weaved his way through the Ballykelly defence to put Nurney in the lead again, Ballykelly finished the half stronger with 2 points from Dean Dempsey and another Hickey free to give them a 0-5 0-4 half time lead.

Nurney were first out of the block in the second half with 2 points from from Bryan Cahill and a free from John Merrins, Dean Dempsey then scored an excellent point after a long run, this point turned out to be Ballykelly's only score in the second half as the Nurney defence stood strong.

With ten minutes left the game was in the balance, Bryan Cahill scored a fine point after excellent work from substitute former Moorefield player Paddy Behan, Cahill then scored from a free after Andrew Behan was fouled on the 21 yard line to give Nurney the lead.

Ballykelly then went searching for a goal but the Nurney rear guard was in a mean mood.

Final score Nurney 0-8 Ballykelly 0-6

Scorers Nurney: Bryan Cahill (0-4, 2f) Andrew Behan, John Merrins(1f), Martin Conway, Michael Behan (0-1 each)

Scorers Ballykelly: Alan Hickey (0-3f), Dean Dempsey (0-2), Daryl Cullen (0-1)

Nurney will be delighted to have held on to their intermediate status despite missing Mikey Conway, Willie Heffernan and 3 more regulars all year.

Ballykelly however will play Junior football next year and they will not find it easy to get back to Intermediate.

Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Members MatchDay reviews   Members MatchDay reviews Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 4:32 am

Leinster Junior Club Football Championship

Clonmore (Carlow Inter. R/Up) 2-04
Robertstown 1-06

This was a game Robertstown will feel they left behind. A game played in swirling wind and at times driving rain, both sides struggled to keep hold of the ball. Clonmore got off to a dream start. A free 40 meters from the Robertstown goal drifted into the area and after a moments confusion between Damien Leeson and goalie Dave Nolan, the ball hit off the goalies head and nestled in the net. Not the start Robertstown wanted but they gradually pulled themselves back into the match with a point from Joe Kavanagh.
Clonmore tagged on a point before disaster struck again for the Town. A ball in from the right side of the field into the square looked like it was covered but some how slipped out of the grasp of the Robertstown back allowing Clonmore a clear run on goal and they rattled the Robertstown net. Some minutes earlier it could have been a whole lot worse for the Town but for the last ditch clearance by Adrian McNamee off the goal line. He also collided with the upright which led to his substution soon after. Again Robertstown came back and on 27 mins a quick Damien Leeson point and a long ball by Leeson found its way through to Joe Kavanagh who took his goal opportunity well. Robertstown finished the half with two more points leaving the score 2-02 to 1-04 at half time.
Wind and driving rain greeted the players for the second half. It took 11 mins. for Clonmore to open the scoring with Joe Kavanagh with a quick reply. On 48 mins. After a number of goal line clearances and half goal chances Joe Kavanagh popped over another Robertstown point to draw the teams level and this turned out to be their last score of the match. During these frantic few exchanges, Robertstown full forward and the Clonmore goal keeper came together off the ball and after consultation with his umpires, the referee showed both players red cards.
On 52 mins Clonmore worked the ball forward and scored what turned out to be the winning point. They also had a 13 meter free in front of the goals that was missed but they held out in the end dispite Robertstown having two late frees in the last moments but both were knocked wide. In the end Robertstown had probably 70% of the possession in the 2nd half but could not convert this into scores. They will feel that they had the winning but it wasn't to be. Any possession Joe Kavanagh got was rewarded but they couldn't get enough ball to him as he had the beating of his marker most of the time. There were only 2 mins additional time which seemed short and a number of decisions by the referee during the match were met by groans from both sets of supporters in the crowd of approx. 200.
They can enjoy their Junior title now and well done to Pat Winders on a successful season. They can look forward to Intermediate football in 2012..
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Members MatchDay reviews   Members MatchDay reviews Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 3:13 am

why were ye playing the carlow intermediate runners up and not the carlow junior champions?
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Members MatchDay reviews   Members MatchDay reviews Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 3:28 am

fat full forward wrote:
why were ye playing the carlow intermediate runners up and not the carlow junior champions?

Their Junior standard isn't good enough. To be honest if it was any other day I'd say Robertstown would probably have won.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Members MatchDay reviews   Members MatchDay reviews Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 10:55 am

All the beer finally took its toll on the Bobtown boyo's.

If I remember correctly Nurney played Clonmore aswel in 2006 after winning the Junior Championship.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Members MatchDay reviews   Members MatchDay reviews Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Members MatchDay reviews
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next