Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Members Matchday Previews

Go down 
+15
Taibi
transit man
Bān go Lēir
topcat
standhimup
Ohtoohtobe
tomcruise
splinter
lomond
ElGuerrouj
Admin3
walsheman
steviegenius
rgb
butterfingers
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
butterfingers
Intermediate
Intermediate
butterfingers

Members Matchday Previews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Members Matchday Previews   Members Matchday Previews Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 9:58 pm

Right, seen as the papers wont do it I will give it a lash. I've more insight into the junior and inter champs so I'll do my best on them...

Joe Fox Intermediate Football Championship Rd 3
Castledermot V Kill Both teams needing a win to push on for the quarters, casdermot to shade it in tough contest.
Ballyteague V Nurney Both teams struggling for form, Nurney unlucky against Tango last day out, a loss for one of these teams will prob result in a relegation battle...verdict Nurney with the help of Andrew Behans return.
Caragh V Kilcullen Kilcullen to win with a few to spare, experience at inter will stand to them.
Eadestown V Ballykelly Eadestown to shade by a few points, Ballykelly to drop into the bottom four.
Confey V Straffan This will be a good match as both teams play a nice brand of football, both teams are playing well however confey I suspect will be too strong for straffan.
Rathangan V Monastervan Rathangan left a lot to be desired after their tame preformance against Nurney, Monasterevan wont fear them and this could prove to be the tie of the round with a win for either team cementing their place in the quarters...Draw.
Raheens V Johnstownbridge JTB are sitting pretty at the top and although raheens have shown poor form they are one outfit who fear no team..JTB will be too strong, however raheens wont make it easy.
Ellistown V Sallins Ellistowns experirnce should see them past sallins compfortably.

Tom Cross Junior Football Championship Quarter Final

Its the business end of the junior champ and these matches will be watched with a keen eye by both roberstown and two mile house as it would appear the winners will prove a threat in their claims of the championship going into a semi with an extra game under their belt!
Milltown V Castlemitchell Milltown have played some good football in division 2 and their experience from their last two seasons at inter should see them through in a great contest against the ever potent Tadhg Fennin and castlemitchel.
clogerinkoe V Grangenolvin This is an evenly matched contest but it would appear the cloughs will have a little bit extra against a tired Grange side.
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: Members Matchday Previews   Members Matchday Previews Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 10:27 pm

Milltown v Castlemitchell

Milltown are in a transitional phase at the moment- still very reliant on the older heads like Mulhall, Dignam and Owens for leadership. The squad that claimed this title in 2008 has been ravaged by injuries, emigration and retirement and the younger lads have been thrown in out of neccessity. In Colin O'Shea and Eoghan O'Toole, they have players that any senior team would be glad of. If they can get Myles O'Reilly and Ian Fitzgerald back to their best form, they will take stopping.

Castlemitchell are rebuilding after a few very poor years but probably have a more settled team than Milltown at the moment. Emmet Hyland's experiences with the county Junior team should be a benefit to his club, while his midfield partner Karl Harris is a battle-hardened club player who has been very consistent down through the years. Up front, Brendan Maher and Tadhg Fennin provide the threat- Fennin might not have the stamina of previous years but still has to be watched- he can win a game from very limited supply.

Milltown's experience of playing at a higher level should be a help to them, provided that they play at the high tempo that comes with Division 2 football. On the other hand, Maher and Fennin can do damage if they get good service.

Verdict- Milltown by 3.
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Members Matchday Previews   Members Matchday Previews Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 10:44 pm

MDY Construction Ltd Senior Football Championship Round Three

Team 1 Team 2 Venue Date Time

Leixlip V Allenwood Celbridge Fri 26th 7.30
Interesting game between to evenly match teams Allenwood very unlucky the last day against Naas & Leixlip scraping over Towers. Because Leixlip won and with a bit of confidence they get my vote in a tight game by a point.

Sarsfields V Naas St Conleths Park Sat 27th 4.15
Two teams on 4 points after 2 rounds but for me Sarsfield will be to strong for Naas I can see Sarsfields winning by 5 or 6 points.

Moorefield V Round Towers St Conleths Park Sat 27th 6.00
I think this will be a tight game Towers will not fear Moorefield but I think after there shock the last day Moorefield will be well up for this one so Moorefield by 3 to 4 points.

Athy V Carbury St Conleths Park Sun 28th 5.00
Another 2 teams on 4 points and both showing good form. This to me is the game of the round, Athy have a lot of good young footballers and can be deadly on there day but the way Carbury snuffed out the treat of Moorefield forwards and the form of the two O Flatherys especially Eoghan I think Carbury will win by a couple in an entertaining game

Ballymore V St Laurences St Conleths Park Sun 28th 6.45
I dont think the Larries are going well this year with the loss of players, but they should have to much for a good Ballymore team. Larries by 4

Suncroft V Clane Naas Sun 28th 6.00
Clane were unlucky against Ballymore the last day but should have enough to get over Suncroft both teams need the win badly but it Clane by a couple of points for me

St. Kevins V Maynooth Rathcoffey Sun 28th 6.00
I can only see one result here with Maynooth winning out by 3 or 4 points Kevins need the points but they are finding it a bit tougher this year.

Celbridge V Kilcock Allenwood Sun 28th 6.00
Kilcock are in serious danger to be relegated but they showed a bit of an improvement the last day
Celbridge were beaten well by Sarsfields at the end but they will have to much fire power for Kilcock. Celbridge by 8
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Members Matchday Previews   Members Matchday Previews Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 11:04 pm

leixlip have picked up a few injuries since the last game including a serious one to eamon murphy...allenwood let a lead slip against naas and if they get infront again so close to the end against leixlip,i dont fancy them to let this lead slip again...allenwood by 3

naas put it up to sarsfield last year ,eventually losing out by a point and can see this game being just as tight...sash seem to have the more scoring forwards than naas who seem to rely alot on mellit,sash by 3

big hard hitting game,sweeneys loss will be massive for moorefield but with paddy murray now returning to fitness i think they will just about get over the line....moores by 2

Gonna be prob tie of the round....confidence will be very high in carbury after round 2s result over moorefield...i think they will just shade it,as they seem a little bit more experienced than athy...great battle between eoghan flats and mick foley to look forward to....carbury by 2

John fogarty has now returned from america so surely this will add a couple of points to the score-line for larrys,those couple of points might just get them over the line...larrys by 1

Tough game to call,will depend on john brownes availablity over wether suncroft can mount a challenge....eoin naughton return from america will help clanes cause....clane by 1!!

Always tight game between these two....draw wouldnt surprise me

Celbridge have yet to click into gear but i fancy them this weekend to put in a decent performance in allenwood,kilcock improved last day and were rather unlucky against maynooth...the pace of celbridges attack sud be the difference...celbridge by 4
Back to top Go down
Admin3
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Members Matchday Previews   Members Matchday Previews Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 11:30 pm

Great stuff lads, anybody else wishing to add one please do so by all means.
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Members Matchday Previews   Members Matchday Previews Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 11:46 pm

Always gonna be biased in this one and go for Leixlip. Hopefully, the fact that Allenwood have lost the 1st two games will mean confidence is low. Also, hope the fact that playing Div 1 football will stand to us.

Sarsfields consitently been one of best in county the last few years (league final again recently) and despite Naas being on 4 points, they haven't beaten any of the big guns and had an average league. Sarsfields by 4 or 5. They are a good price at 4/9 with Powers

Thought Moorefield were the best price of all time @ 4/11 to beat Carbury the other week which cost me a few quid, but I can't see them slipping up again, esp against a poor Towers side. Towers will try slow it down and make it scrappy as they do so well, but Moorefield will surely still win.

Carbury have been so unlucky with their draw the last 2 years so it's all credit to them that they will prob still qualify. The bookies have this one even, with Boylesports even favouring Carbury. imo, that is a bit of an over-reaction to one result on Carbury's part and Athy should still be favs. They have been consistently better team over the league and last year's champ so one big result from Carbury doesn't change that for me. Will still be tight though. Athy by 2.

Larries were always gonna b dangerous when they got the county lads back and a few who were away. You can't just turn into a bad team in such a short period. They will have too much for Ballymore and think they will win by 4/5. Again Larries a good price @ 2/5.

Clane have a number of good young players and outperformed Suncroft in league and have had a few return from America in recent weeks. Suncroft are practically out at this stage so motivation mightn't be as high and doubt Browne will be fit. Clane by 3.

Was surprised at how difficult Maynooth found it to get over a poor Kilcock side, but Kevins must be disillusioned at this stage haven been relegated and lost their 2nd champ match in recent weeks. Can't see anything but a Maynooth win here.

imo, Kilcock are favs for relegation, they have lost so many players this year and don't seem to have any forwards of note. Celbridge have a great team on paper but appear to be playing a lot of their county stars in unusual positions. They will still have too much for Kilcock, should win by 5 or 6.
Back to top Go down
lomond
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Members Matchday Previews   Members Matchday Previews Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 11:57 pm

Joe Fox Intermediate Football Championship Rd 3
Castledermot V Kill Both teams needing a win to push on for the quarters, Kill to end there Castledermot jinx
Ballyteague V Nurney Both teams struggling for form, Ballyteague to shade it and perhaps avoid relegation playoff
Caragh V Kilcullen Kilcullen to win even after their defeat in celebrity banisteoir
Eadestown V Ballykelly Eadestown to win in a tight game
Confey V Straffan Div 1 football to stand to confey and to defeat straffan
Rathangan V Monastervan Monastervan seem to be a better team in the championship and this will be sufficent for them to win.
Raheens V Johnstownbridge JTB to win easily
Ellistown V Sallins Ellistowns to win easily.

Back to top Go down
splinter
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Members Matchday Previews   Members Matchday Previews Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 12:21 am

Rathangan vs Monasterevin
On form, Monasterevin look to be the stronger of the two and will probably shade this by a few points

Eadestown vs Ballykelly
Eadestown never got out of the traps last day against Confey. Much improved showing likely and will shade it by a point or two

Ballyteague vs Nurney
Nurney without Conway and Heffernan look very weak whilst B'teague sorely miss Smullen and have also lost a few others. Will be nothing between them, maybe a draw

Caragh vs Kilcullen
Caragh look to be very weak and could be facing relegation whilst Kilcullen can realistically aim for a semi-final spot and seem to be improving thanks to their spot in Celebrity Bainisteoir. Kilcullen to win by 8-10 points.

Confey vs Straffan
Fancy Straffan to cause an upset, a couple of pacy forwards and a decent enough midfield. Cian Gaynor's red card being rescinded is also a big help. Provided they keep tabs on Gateley and Austin Allen is on form, they could sneak a win.

Castledermot vs Kill
Castledermot look like a solid team in all areas of the pitch and i'd fancy them to win this easily. Good outside bet to win it out.

Raheens vs JTB
JTB should win by 10+ points. Raheens have no Cooke and missing their other dangerous forward aswell(Riordan?) and they looked all at sea against Straffan whilst JTB had Ellistown killed off at HT.

Ellistown vs Sallins
Having Ken Donnelly could be the difference here. Ellistown to shade it by a couple of points
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Members Matchday Previews   Members Matchday Previews Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 12:34 am

This will be close but I am hoping for a victory for my neighbours and the great man himself.Allenwood by 2.

Sash will win this IMO by about 4 to 5.Had to laugh at ManBearPig's synopsis about Sash having more scoring forwardsthan Naas.Does he not realise that we are talking Kildare football here.

In an absolute dogfight and low scoring game, I genuinely believe that Towers will come through here by 1 or 2.

A really tough one to call but I will have to go for Carbury. I am looking forward to seeing how the younger Athy players get on because I have not seen them at senior level yet. Carbury have one or two very good players other than the Flats and I think that now is their time to show what they are made of and give the Geezer something to think about. Also , do not rule out a draw here.

I saw Ballymore against Clane and they are definitely a senior team that should be around for a while. It's easy to tip the Larries here but I am going for Balymore by 2.

Clane need to win here badly and I think that they will.They have some very good young players and if they can up their scoring rate ( their forwards were really poor against Ballymore ) and give the poor referee a break ( after all the referee is not missing the scores ) , they should win by 3 to 4.

Would like to see St Kevins win this but I have my doubts. On an absolutely horrible pitch and venue , Maynooth by 3.

Without Mark O'Sullivan , I cannot see Celbridge threatening the really good teams but they should win here against a Kilcock side who look in a bit of trouble.
]
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Members Matchday Previews   Members Matchday Previews Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 1:07 am

Some good previews there lads great for someone like me living abroad, where I miss out on some of the news, especially good to read that Ken Donnelly is back in action
Back to top Go down
standhimup
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Members Matchday Previews   Members Matchday Previews Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 2:27 am

Ken isn't back in action yet
Back to top Go down
splinter
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Members Matchday Previews   Members Matchday Previews Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 8:00 am

My bad. I was told he might make an appearance at some stage. Still fancy Ellistown to do the business though. They gave Raheens a decent beating last week in a challenge match.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Members Matchday Previews   Members Matchday Previews Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 8:04 am

In fairness tomcruise Sash are averaging around 16 points a game between league and championship this year, that is not too bad!!
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Members Matchday Previews   Members Matchday Previews Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 8:15 am

Leixlip to win this, impressed with them in second half against Towers, Leixlip by 3

Teams might twice last year with Sash coming out on top on both occasions, as with most games midfield will be crucial as if Mellet can get enough ball he will pose problems for any team, having said that I believe Sarsfields have a greater spread of scorers on their team and that should be enough to win, Sash by 4.

Moores out to prove a point here after defeat to Carbury the last day, Roli is a big loss but fancy ttem to see off a fairly ordinary Towers outfit by at least 6 points.

A tough one to call but Carbury are on better form and have won 6 or 7 on the trot between league and championship, while Athy finished the league quite poorly and were not overly impressive against Suncroft, Carbury by 2

Not sure if any of the Larries players are back from the States in time for this one but will go for them based on their senior pedigree over the last couple of years, Larries by 3

A win here for Clane would leave destiny in their own hands going into the last game in terms of making a quarter final a loss and they are looking at relegation, I reckon they will win. Clane by 4.

Fancy Maynooth here, had a strong league finishing 3rd and with Pierre Ennis back for this game fancy them by 3 or 4 points.

Kilcock struggling this year, while Mark O Sullivan is a huge loss i reckon they will win this one and leave themselves in a strong position to make the quarter finals.
Back to top Go down
Bān go Lēir
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Members Matchday Previews   Members Matchday Previews Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 10:54 pm

These reviews are excellent!! please keep it up!!
Back to top Go down
transit man
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Members Matchday Previews   Members Matchday Previews Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 9:42 am

At Naas Straffan v Eadestown
Two very evenly matched sides Staffan will be looking to Kelly for a big game and likewise Eadestown to Emmet Bolton could be a share of the spoils on the cards here.

At Moorefield Kill v Rathangan
Rathangan are already threw and I hear that they might be going to rest a few bodies for this one, So on that bases and with Kill needing to win to be sure to progress I think that Kill might just pip it

At Sarsfields Ellistown v Raheens
Interesting this one, I was at the Raheens vs JTB match bit of a lacklustre affair, I think that Raheens might be out to restore a bit of pride & if they bring Cooke back for this one I think that they might sneek it

At Hawkfield Ballykelly v Confey
Hard to see past Confey in this one, although again they might rest some players with qualification already acheived.

At St Conleths Park Castledermot v Johnstownbridge
I was disapointed with JTBs display against Raheens really thought they would put them to the sword, I fancy Castledermot to but in a dogged performance and take the spoils, again wouldn't be surprised to see JTB rest a few key players with the quarters in mind.

At Carbury Ballyteague v Caragh
Caragh werent swept aside by Killcullen as predicted in the last round and were with out there talisman Dan Campbell he would surely have made a big difference. If the Larks can put the shackles on him and Nevin then I think that the momentum from the nurney win will see them take this one too.

At Athy Nurney v Kilcullen
Killcullen are almost certainly threw, they didnt look overly impressive against caragh, Nurney are plagued with injury problems but if Behan can give the Killcullen backs the slip he will most certainly cause harm, still I think Killcullen will want to finish on a high and will come away with the 2 points

At Allenwood Sallins v Monasterevin
I cant claim to have seen much of either team this year but I think that Monastrevin will prove to strong for sallins and will come out of Allenwood on sunday with 2 points and a quarter final spot in the bag
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Members Matchday Previews   Members Matchday Previews Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 8:11 am

Saturday 3rd September 2011
MDY Senior Football Championship Round 4 All Games @6.00pm
At Caragh Kilcock v Suncroft Declan McGrath
Kilcock to sneak this one while Suncroft look set for the drop.

At Kilcullen Moorefield v Ballymore Noel McKenna
Last years Senior winners v last years Intermediate winners, wont be easy for the Moores but I expect them to win.

At Raheens Allenwood v St Kevins Brendan Cawley
Both teams need a win here so i will say a draw.

At St Conleth’s Park Round Towers v Sarsfields Liam Herbert
This is the game of the weekend for me, Towers badly need to win but with Smith, White and Brennan in fine form I think the sash will have enough.

At Hawkfield Carbury v St Laurences Fergal Barry
Another stand out game Carbury will be up for this after last weeks defeat but I cant see Larries losing.

At Johnstownbridge Maynooth v Celbridge Paddy Moore
Should be a tough derby clash I will say a draw

At Rathcoffey Clane v Naas Brendan Hickey
Naas will have too much for Clane.

At Sallins Athy v Leixlip Declan Peppard
Athy with Mullhall in flying for should get over a very average Leixlip side.

Tom Cross Junior Football Championship Qtr Final Replay ET 2 x 10 mins if necessary
At Hawkfield Clogherinkoe v Grangenolvan @4.00pm Fintan Barrett
Nothing could seperate them last week but with Clogherinkoe competing in division 2 they should just about get over the line.

Sunday 4th September 2011
Joe Fox Plant & Tool Hire Intermediate Football Championship Round 4 All Games @6.00pm
At Naas Straffan v Eadestown Liam Carthy
This will be very close, with the Boltons in form I would go for Eadestown.

At Moorefield Kill v Rathangan Dennis Lawless
Rathangan had a great win over neighbours Monasterevin last time out, on this fact alone I cant see Kill troubling them.

At Sarsfields Ellistown v Raheens Mick Spencer
Last time out Ellistown beat Sallins although not convincingly so expect Raheens to be no push overs although I expect Ellistown to win.

At Hawkfield Ballykelly v Confey Des Coyle
Table toppers Confey will have quite a bit to spare in this game.

At St Conleths Park Castledermot v Johnstownbridge Niall Colgan
JTB with Keith Cribbin in fine form should account for Gary Hendys men.

At Carbury Ballyteague v Caragh Tony Doyle
Bottom of the table clash that should see the Larks safe for another year.

At Athy Nurney v Kilcullen Shaun Duane
Killcullen are safely through while Nurney are in the bottom 2 so this depends on how seriously the Rags take this game, I think Nurney will pull of a shock for Brian Lacey.

At Allenwood Sallins v Monasterevin Tom O'Rourke
Monasterevin should account for Sallins after a poor result last time out.

Back to top Go down
gaaman
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Members Matchday Previews   Members Matchday Previews Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 8:45 pm

Neither team can be happy with how things are going, but Kilcock seem to be playing that little bit better, so Kilcock

Moorefield are still the team to beat, so at this stage, I cannot see them losing

Another 2 unhappy teams, Allenwood won in the last round, but I think they'll lose this one.

This should be close, I think Towers could pull this one off, I think over the 15 they are better than results would imply

Opposite to Towers, I think Larries are worse than results imply. Carbury on the other hand have a lot of potential (as usual) and are getting there, so Carbury

2 teams who will not be in the final shakeup. Celbridge have gone back from a couple of years ago, while Maynooth, are hard-working and organized, they still rely a lot on the Ennis bros. Draw

A good year for Clane, but It will end this week. Naas should win this I think.

Athy, great young team, potential etc....... all the usual Athy stuff.
Leixlip are ok, Athy should win this, but, it's Athy, so who knows.

I stopped in the middle of the intermediate ones, as I reckon I'm probably going to have to eat enough words from the above games
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Members Matchday Previews   Members Matchday Previews Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 9:07 pm

Subject: Re: Members Matchday Previews Yesterday at 10:11 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kilcock have been unlucky in their last two games losing by one and two points respectively, I expect them to win this one.

Was impressed with Ballymore in defeat against Larries last week, while moorefield were not overly impressive against Towers but still won with something to spare, Moorefield to win this by 4 or 5

I reckon Allenwood will win this, had a collapse against Naas before coming back with a win last week, the heavy defeat to Towers in round 1 will come back to haunt them in terms of qualification.
Allenwood by 4.

Sash have really nothing to play for here and may use the game to experiment and gave a few players chances, Towers on the other hand desperately need a win to progress, having said that I still believe Sarsfields will have enough strength to actually win the game.
Sash by 3

Carbury were soundly beaten by Athy after beating Moorefield in round 2 will need to recapture their form from round 2 to win this one, Larries have got a few players back and should be too strong for Carbury.
Larries by 2

I think Celbridge will just about have too much for Maynooth in this one, both teams have lost quality forwards in Mark O Sullivan for Celbridge and Paddy Comerford for Maynooth but I reckon Celbridge probably have more strength in depth.
Celbridge by 3

Naas have been impressive in the 2nd half of their last 2 games, should they put two halves together they will beat Clane comfortably.
Naas by 4

Athy have nothing to play for here and are in a similar position to Sash in that they could use this game to try out some of their fringe players, even if they do do this, I reckon that they will still account for Leixlip.
Athy by 6
That will leave the 8 quarter finalists

Sash
Athy
Moores
Larries
Naas
Celbridge
Carbury
Maynooth

Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Members Matchday Previews   Members Matchday Previews Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 9:29 pm

Two teams at the bottom I think either one of these will drop down to intermediate. Kilcock I think are in better form so Kilcock by 4 point.

Moorefield kinda back on track after there defeat to Carbury Ballymore probably safe for this year which i think was there aim i can only see one winner here Moorefield by 5

Local Derby two teams struggling I think Allenwood will win by a couple of points because of John Doyle.

Tough game to call depends on what way Sarsfields are as they are through so I'll stick my neck out and go for towers by 2

Another tough game to call which can go either way I think Larries have gone backwards a bit while Carbury have improved so for that I'll give my vote to Carbury by a point or 2

Another local derby and another tough one to call both teams need a point so I'll go for a draw here.

Another evenly match teams here Clane need the points to go through while Naas only need a point I think Clane will win this one by a point or two.

Leixlip had a bad loss against Allenwood the last day while Athy are probably the form team here with that I can only see Athy keeping there run going so it Athy by 4
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Members Matchday Previews   Members Matchday Previews Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 10:27 pm

Two teams that are struggling big time. Kilcock seem to be putting up a decent scrap in their matches but they are really lacking in the forwards. I think the Croft might just sneak it. Suncroft by 1.

It will be tight for a half or so but the Moores will wear Ballymore down. Moorefield by 6.

This one will be fiercely contested. JD's influence might be enough to swing it for Allenwood. Allenwood by 3.

The Sash are already through so it's difficult to know how they'll approach this game. Towers are quite well organised but they lack scorers. Sarsfields by 3.

Carbury will be disappointed that they failed to follow up on their great win against Moorefield while Larries look like they're beginning to get it together. Draw.

Celbridge have a bit more quality than Maynooth but Mark O'Sullivan is a massive loss for them. They will struggle for scores against better teams but should have enough to see off Maynooth. Celbridge by 4.

Clane have been performing well for stretches in games but have been going to sleep and throwing away big leads. If they play for the full hour than they have enough in the tank to see off Naas. Naas will struggle if Mellett is held and Clane should be able to cut off his supply. Clane by 2.

Leixlip are struggling and lack quality outside of Moolick. Even with their passage to the quarters already assurred Athy will have too much potency for them. Athy by 5.
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Members Matchday Previews   Members Matchday Previews Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 1:05 am

Similar to what has been said already, Kilcock appear to have been putting up more of a fight in their games. Kilcock by 1 or 2.

Moorefield are practically through given their good SD, but the fact they can still mathematically go out will not help Ballymore's chances. They are still best team in the comp and I expect them to win by 4 or 5.

All depends how up for this Kevins are. Extremely unlikely they will avoid relegation playoff even with a win and their confidence must be at an all time low. Greater motivation for Allenwood (a win of 3 or 4 points might see them into QF) to be the difference here and JD of course. Allenwood by 3.

Again this one depends on the attitude of Sarsfields given they are already through. They are a much better team than Towers and if they put out their first team, they are a terrific price @ 8/15 with Will Hill. Sash by 4/5.

Very tight one to call, Carbury have shown they have potential to beat top teams but were brought back down to earth by Athy. Larries coming back to form now they are getting players back but still not the team they were 2 years ago. I'll go for a draw or maybe even Carbury to sneak it.

Both teams been disappointing in the championship so far, only scraping past inferior opposition in the last round. Celbridge have the better team on paper despite Maynooth performing better in the league and I expect them to account for Maynooth by 2 or 3.

Naas probably deserve to be favs given division 1 status and performances so far in the champ but I think Clane might be a bit overpriced @ 2/1, esp with key players like Naughton and Haverty back lately. Still fancy Naas by 2.

Athy already through and v impressive by all accounts against Carbury. Leixlip have nothing to lose today and I fancy us to put in a much better performance than against Allenwood and prove we are much much better than that. Leixlip by 3.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Members Matchday Previews   Members Matchday Previews Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 8:18 am

kickingking wrote:

Two teams that are struggling big time. Kilcock seem to be putting up a decent scrap in their matches but they are really lacking in the forwards. I think the Croft might just sneak it. Suncroft by 1.

It will be tight for a half or so but the Moores will wear Ballymore down. Moorefield by 6.

This one will be fiercely contested. JD's influence might be enough to swing it for Allenwood. Allenwood by 3.

The Sash are already through so it's difficult to know how they'll approach this game. Towers are quite well organised but they lack scorers. Sarsfields by 3.

Carbury will be disappointed that they failed to follow up on their great win against Moorefield while Larries look like they're beginning to get it together. Draw.

Celbridge have a bit more quality than Maynooth but Mark O'Sullivan is a massive loss for them. They will struggle for scores against better teams but should have enough to see off Maynooth. Celbridge by 4.

Clane have been performing well for stretches in games but have been going to sleep and throwing away big leads. If they play for the full hour than they have enough in the tank to see off Naas. Naas will struggle if Mellett is held and Clane should be able to cut off his supply. Clane by 2.

Leixlip are struggling and lack quality outside of Moolick. Even with their passage to the quarters already assurred Athy will have too much potency for them. Athy by 5.

Raging I didn't do the accum!! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Members Matchday Previews   Members Matchday Previews Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 9:52 pm

Clane v Celbridge

I think this could be a very close game Clane are delighted to get this far and are going to go out with notting to lose Celbridge are doing enough to win there game and I think there experience will be vital in winning this one Celbridge by 3.

Larries v Moorefield

Another tough game to call both teams not playing to there best and just did enough to get out of the group stages. I think this will be a low scoring game with a point or 2 either way but I think Moorefield will have a small bit to much for Larries Moorefield by 2

Carbury v Allenwood

Both teams did well to come out of the group stages Allenwood being very impressive in destroying St Kevins and getting enough points to secure a quarter final place. Carbury needed a late goal against Larries the last day to make sure they got through. A local derby it will be tough no quarter given but I think Carbury had 3 very tough games and still got through and I think they will shade it by a few points Carbury by 4.

Athy v Sarsfields

Top two teams drawing each other but if a team is going to win it you have to beat the best. Both teams have being very impressive to date winning all there games to date for me Athy have being the most impressive. Two teams that like to play attacking football have good forwards should be an enjoyable game to watch again this could go either way. I think Athy might win this because they have I think the better set of forwards at the moment so it Athy by 2.
Back to top Go down
urnaiabu
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Members Matchday Previews   Members Matchday Previews Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 9:47 pm

Hi all i am new to this just said i would give this a shot dont give out if i am inaccurate or anything.

St.Laurences vs Athy

This has all the making of a cracker , and this local derby in some respects is as big as sarsfields moorefield rivalry, Athy have alot of confidence going into this game after winning every game in championship this year including seeing off the larries in round 1, will st.laurences defence be good enough for athys forwards i think they are tommy o neil, niall clynch, sean murphy are are all well capable of holding the young guns of athy with karl o brien now back from america i can see athy forwards getting frustrated , down the other end of the field i can see athy backs doing the same to st.laurences forwards joe kinahan , mick foley are very solid down the middle and the young backs in tony gibbons and david hyland have being flying this year its jus a case will they be able to hold the likes of dessie lawlor and shaun fahey who we all know have great speed and skill and john fogarthy and bart blanchfield step up a gear and play the football we know there capable of i cn see this being a cracker , to me this battle will be won in mid field and with paudie o neill in the form he is in at the minute i can see laurences pinching the win .. larries by 2

Celbridge vs carbury

Although carbury have had bigger tests this year than celbridge i see celbridges team getting more and more back to the team they were in 08 , carbury rely on the 2 o flahertys and terry rossitor too much and i jus have the feeling that celbridge have the backs too mark these guys , i know brophy came off the last day injured but i just feel that daragh mcevoy will wrap up rossitor and surely celbridge will put one of there county boys on o flaherty like hughie or ollie lyons or brophy if he is fit and after that i don see where carburys scoring will come from , shane harte is in flying form for celbridge at the min and i don think carbury are ready for this yet .., celbridge by 3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Members Matchday Previews   Members Matchday Previews Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Members Matchday Previews
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next