Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Members Matchday Previews

Go down 
+15
Taibi
transit man
Bān go Lēir
topcat
standhimup
Ohtoohtobe
tomcruise
splinter
lomond
ElGuerrouj
Admin3
walsheman
steviegenius
rgb
butterfingers
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

Members Matchday Previews - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Members Matchday Previews   Members Matchday Previews - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 7:42 am

Athy v Larries

Larries look like they're coming to the boil at the right time but Athy have been the most impressive team to date. If Pádraig Fogarty was available then it would be a really hard game to call but without him Larries might struggle for scores.

Athy by 4.

Carbury v Celbridge

Should be a very tight game. Celbridge have struggled without O'Sullivan but Shane Harte was very impressive against Clane and if he can reproduce his scoring feats of that match then they will be hard to stop. Carbury are a good outfit and have two genuine class acts in the Flahertys. Celbridge though have serious talent from 1 to 9 and if Ollie Lyons shadows Eoghan O'Flaherty then they should hold Carbury to a manageble score.

Celbridge by 1.
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Members Matchday Previews   Members Matchday Previews - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 9:51 pm

Here goes

Carbury v Celbridge

I am obviously hoping for a Carbury win. We last brought home Dermot Bourke in 1985. This will be a really tough game. Celbridge are recent winners and have five county players and are improving as the year goes on. They will have huge support as their minors are playing tomorrow and my cousin is playing for Celbridge Sad

Too tough to call but if we come out on top there will be a few tears in Parsonstown tomorrow night. It would be great to see some of the more senior players in Carbury getting a chance to play in a county final. I am off to the Novena now.

Athy v Larries

Again a tough game to call. Athy are definitely a team to be reckoned with for the next few years bur will face a huge battle tomorrow. Padraig Fogarty will be a huge loss but I have a sneaking feeling about the Larries in this one.The Larries by 1.

Here's hoping for a good weekend !!!!
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Members Matchday Previews   Members Matchday Previews - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 12:52 am

Carbury v Celbridge

A tough game to call both teams would be happy drawing each other. I hear Celbridge spent a good few euro flying home players from Oz & the USA so they will be really up for this tomorrow a good few people say that Celbridge came in very quite but with the players & squad they have they should be thinking getting this far every year they beat a good young Clane team in the last round but I didnt think they were impressive they are just doing enough to win. Carbury on the other hand had tough games since the championship started again and they were really good in the first half against Allenwood. They sat back in the 2nd half and did enough as well to win. I'm going with a Carbury win here they have a good record against Celbridge and with Eoghan o Flaherty playing some great stuff he will be hard stopped no matter who marks him. Also i know a few of the Carbury lads and would be delighted for them to get to a final.

Larries v Athy

These two teams came through tough quarter final matches with the Larries being very impressive against Moorefield. They also have lads back from the USA to help out and I think they will need as much help as they can get especially with Padraig Fogarty gone his moment of madness I think will come back and haunt them against Athy. I said here that Athy have being the best team I've seen so far in the championship they have a solid back line good at midfield and they have a few forwards that can get scores and are not depending on one lad so for me its Athy to win but in a close game.

Best of luck to all teams in the semis here's hoping for two great games
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Members Matchday Previews   Members Matchday Previews - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 1:42 am

Here goes

A novel 2011 senior county final which will atttract a huge crowd to St Conleths on Sunday next. Athy have already beaten Carbury by 6 points in the 2011 championship and are favourites for the final. They are young , and have great underage succees , are strong all over the pitch and have a real threat upfront. Carbury have huge tradition and have some excellent players in their team. I think that it will be a close game. My heart says Carbury and it would be great to see Dermot returning home on Sunday evening. We are definitely underdogs and have it all to do but heres hoping....

Talk soon
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Members Matchday Previews   Members Matchday Previews - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 2:39 am

tomcruise wrote:
Here goes

A novel 2011 senior county final which will atttract a huge crowd to St Conleths on Sunday next. Athy have already beaten Carbury by 6 points in the 2011 championship and are favourites for the final. They are young , and have great underage succees , are strong all over the pitch and have a real threat upfront. Carbury have huge tradition and have some excellent players in their team. I think that it will be a close game. My heart says Carbury and it would be great to see Dermot returning home on Sunday evening. We are definitely underdogs and have it all to do but heres hoping....

Talk soon

Tom, your oozing a nerviousness I've never seen before!!!! If you do win.... The talk soon bit will probably extend to 2012...... Best of luck..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Members Matchday Previews   Members Matchday Previews - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Members Matchday Previews
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2