Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Suggestions/Questions for Admin

Go down 
+22
kildaregaa365
stanley
W .H. OAMI
le hit in
KFSAM
butterfingers
Could'nt Trap Cement
overthebar
Cilldara_2000
Admin3
Bān go Lēir
shortgrass
walsheman
peile
Always_White
Come on the Boys in Blue
kartman
Ogie
Fear An Geata
centreback
Taibi
Admin
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Suggestions/Questions for Admin Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions/Questions for Admin   Suggestions/Questions for Admin Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 5:09 am

Ok guys and gals I am opening this thread for people to engage with me and discuss possible improvements for the General Discussion Forum and also if people have any questions about thread being deleted, moderated or closed.

All suggestions are welcome.
Back to top Go down
https://kildaregaa.forumotion.com
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Questions for Admin   Suggestions/Questions for Admin Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 5:15 am

Why was ref thread closed???

edit: just saw your reply in the other thread
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Questions for Admin   Suggestions/Questions for Admin Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 5:23 am

Quote :
Lads firstly it was me who closed the referee's thread. Referee's are discussed in here all the time and it is never moderated. So lets be fair on me and the other Admins here.

I chose to close it because I know the route it was going to take you could be fairly sure of that and this was a specific thread for doing it. It was tame enough but It could very easily got out of hand. It had already taken that route without getting personal, it was descending into popularity contest rather than discussing refereeing performances of any particular referee or indeed any particular match.

By all means discuss referee's and refereeing decisions when discussing particular Championship matches or League matches but I dont think we should have a thread based only on referee's in Kildare and who is your favourite. I don't think we should go down that route.

I think thats fair enough, but thats only my opinion. If you want it back open PM me and if enough people PM me I will open it.
If it is to be re opened, lets talk about refereeing performances of any particular referee and match, even rate their performance out of 10 or whatever. But lets not get into personal opinions on referee's as people or their personalities.

At the end of the day this is your forum, I'm only here to ensure things don't get out of hand.

And to be fair they never do. I have opened a new thread called Suggestion/Questions for Admin, it is an announcement and will remain at the top of the forum for people to suggest ways we can improve the forum and also if you have questions about closed threads, deleted posts and the likes.

Let this thread get back on topic and you can continue to discuss this further in the Suggestion/Questions thread.

Here is my reply Taibi from other thread.
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Questions for Admin   Suggestions/Questions for Admin Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 9:03 am

i`d be all for opening the ref thread again i`d love rate the performance of a ref in the junior match today,
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Questions for Admin   Suggestions/Questions for Admin Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 5:38 am

centreback wrote:
i`d be all for opening the ref thread again i`d love rate the performance of a ref in the junior match today,
Lol, Mr. Barry off the Christmas card list?
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Questions for Admin   Suggestions/Questions for Admin Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 6:31 am

After the performances in todays quarter final matches I think it's just as well you closed that thread admin.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Questions for Admin   Suggestions/Questions for Admin Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 7:51 am

That is exactly why the thread was closed.

Certain referee's in Kildare are not popular and it was a thread open for anyone to have a pop at referee's without commenting on their performance or even rating it.

That thread was only ever going to end one way. Discuss the referee's in match thread but we're not having a referee bashing thread or popularity contest thread.

Some people questioned as to why were allowed to bash national referee's and not locals.
They are both debated in here, but they do not get their own thread for it.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Questions for Admin   Suggestions/Questions for Admin Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 3:33 am

that was me admin... I just think refs aren't popular because of their performances. I do agree of course that it can't be personal. But if a guy was shite, or if you think he was shite, and if you think he's shite all teh time, I think you should be allowed say it.

Fair play though for opening this thread and being willing to listen, and for explaining your decisions. We might not agree but at least we'll know why (and grumble no doubt!)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Questions for Admin   Suggestions/Questions for Admin Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 9:50 pm

In the coming days I will be updating the entire forum. The Picture at the top is the start, but it can/will be changed if people have any suggestions.

Other changes I will be looking to make is the layout of the forum and the colouring.

If people like it as it is we can leave it, if people would like to freshen it up and have some suggestions please feel free to contribute.

If you have any favourite pictures you would like to see at the top of the homepage post them here.
Back to top Go down
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Questions for Admin   Suggestions/Questions for Admin Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 12:52 am

The pictures at the top have made it very annoying to view the forum!!! At least i think thats the reason.

Please fix...

Or maybe its just me and my lack of computer literacy.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Questions for Admin   Suggestions/Questions for Admin Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 2:01 am

There was always a picture at the top supersub, I've just added more to the left and right of it.

This should have no effect on the forum as they are the same size and format as the last picture, just a bit wider.
Back to top Go down
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Questions for Admin   Suggestions/Questions for Admin Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 2:37 am

It makes mine too big to view in single screen without navigating left and right.

Maybe its just mine.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Questions for Admin   Suggestions/Questions for Admin Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 2:46 am

Is that any better supersub?

What does everyone think of the pictures? Could people suggest possible pictures?
Back to top Go down
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Questions for Admin   Suggestions/Questions for Admin Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 2:48 am

yeah thats sorted it tanx
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Questions for Admin   Suggestions/Questions for Admin Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 4:34 am

I have to say , well done on your recent updating of bits and pieces of the site , the pictures add a bit more flavour , may i suggest a rotating type gallery of the kildare county teams , mingled with club crests of the county or potraits of county player , maybe their could be copyright issues , worth looking into ???

Maybe a thread of photos of club/county matches , a thread for organising friendlies between site members who are involved in clubs

Maybe encourage more reporting on ladies games camoige/football , mens Hurling if there are members here involved in hurling within clubs , a few lines would suffice

The new forum updated guidelines , is a step in the right direction , bravo keep up the good work
Back to top Go down
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Questions for Admin   Suggestions/Questions for Admin Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 1:43 am

Can you open umpires thread about marty mcevoy back up please.
I really wanted a discussion about which socks athy players wear Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Always_White
Intermediate
Intermediate
Always_White

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Questions for Admin   Suggestions/Questions for Admin Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 2:17 am

Can you tell me where I might get a recording of the Kildare V Donegal Championship match, I'm willing to pay for the DVD? I'm also looking for a DVD of the Kildare V Meath match that was played in Navan on July 16th.
Back to top Go down
peile
Intercounty
Intercounty
peile

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Questions for Admin   Suggestions/Questions for Admin Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 4:04 am

Admin I think you should open up the threads a bit by letting guys start threads on for example Kildare v westmeath, kildare v galway instead of having 'everything' covered under O'Byrne/league. There seems to be very few discussion topics and not a lot happening lately. Anyone else agree/ disagree ?
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Questions for Admin   Suggestions/Questions for Admin Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 4:46 am

peile wrote:
Admin I think you should open up the threads a bit by letting guys start threads on for example Kildare v westmeath, kildare v galway instead of having 'everything' covered under O'Byrne/league. There seems to be very few discussion topics and not a lot happening lately. Anyone else agree/ disagree ?
agree
Back to top Go down
shortgrass
Senior
Senior
shortgrass

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Questions for Admin   Suggestions/Questions for Admin Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 7:13 pm

Agree
Back to top Go down
Bān go Lēir
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Questions for Admin   Suggestions/Questions for Admin Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 9:41 pm

agree!
Back to top Go down
Admin3
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Questions for Admin   Suggestions/Questions for Admin Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 12:35 am

New threads have been opened for the last two league games as requested above.
Back to top Go down
Bān go Lēir
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Questions for Admin   Suggestions/Questions for Admin Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 3:09 am

fairplay, thanks
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Questions for Admin   Suggestions/Questions for Admin Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 9:17 am

In relation to the thread about Shane Lambe, I just cannot see the rationale for locking it. There were posts which a moderator took exception to. He subsequently deleted the posts and banned the poster. So the discussion was cleaned up. Why then lock it?
Back to top Go down
Admin3
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Questions for Admin   Suggestions/Questions for Admin Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 10:45 pm

Because it always ends in the same way. Someone will post something stupid and others will follow up by stating something even more stupid and it all ends in a slagging match. The posts that were deleted yesterday were as bad as has been put on here.There is no way this forum will be allowed to be used for such personal tirades. Thus the thread was locked.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Questions for Admin   Suggestions/Questions for Admin Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggestions/Questions for Admin
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next