Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2011 County Final Athy V Carbury - The Dermot Bourke Cup

Go down 
+22
Loads of Pints
BelieveToAchieve
paddymartin
bag of white
murof
le hit in
Fear An Geata
jj
smokey
stanley
Lily8
Onhisboot
Adam91
steviegenius
tomcruise
TommyKeegan
carburyman
Highball
Jimmy winning matches
realmoore
Admin
Big Full Back
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Who will lift the Dermot Burke Cup
Athy
2011 County Final Athy V Carbury - The Dermot Bourke Cup Vote_lcap69%2011 County Final Athy V Carbury - The Dermot Bourke Cup Vote_rcap
 69% [ 31 ]
Carbury
2011 County Final Athy V Carbury - The Dermot Bourke Cup Vote_lcap31%2011 County Final Athy V Carbury - The Dermot Bourke Cup Vote_rcap
 31% [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 45

AuthorMessage
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

2011 County Final Athy V Carbury - The Dermot Bourke Cup Empty
PostSubject: 2011 County Final Athy V Carbury - The Dermot Bourke Cup   2011 County Final Athy V Carbury - The Dermot Bourke Cup Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 3:23 am

Neither Semi Finals were classics. Athy made hard work of their victory while Carbury never gave up to seal their place.

Nice to see two new teams in the final. Fancy Athy with their depth and recent underage experience. Unless Carbury can get ball into their fast forwards they could cause Athy some problems but I can only see an Athy win.

Let's hope it's a good game of football.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2011 County Final Athy V Carbury - The Dermot Bourke Cup   2011 County Final Athy V Carbury - The Dermot Bourke Cup Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 9:27 pm

Now a sticky folks. Everyone get voting.
Back to top Go down
https://kildaregaa.forumotion.com
realmoore
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2011 County Final Athy V Carbury - The Dermot Bourke Cup   2011 County Final Athy V Carbury - The Dermot Bourke Cup Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 12:39 am

Only got to see the athy Semi final but played against carbury in the earlier rounds.

The semi final wasnt the greatest spectacle. athy were the better team and were deserved winners, but could so easily have lost it. larries FF line of Fahey and Lawlor, both very pacey caused some problems(winning two penalites).

This is where i think carbury can hurt athy, dermody and their other corner forward(small blonde chap) are both quick and will get alot of space.

MOF will sweep in front of Mulhall and Eaton and i havent seen anyone as good as MOF at this job in any other game this year. when Shaun Murphy went on mulhall he kept him very quiet and niall clynch done very well on eaton all game.

From reading about the other semi, if athy get their forwards going it appears the carbury backs are a bit up/down(one great half and one poor half against celbridge).

Mick Foley v Eoin o'Flaherty is going to be some battle, both are in great form.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2011 County Final Athy V Carbury - The Dermot Bourke Cup   2011 County Final Athy V Carbury - The Dermot Bourke Cup Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 8:11 am

well its time of year again county final day , this year we have battle of north and south , its athy going for their sixth title and carbury going for their 12 title.

after seen both semi finals
athy weakness their full back line looks out of sorts at times
strenghts well 8 -15 they have some talented players in these areas

carbury weakness their midfield and they fade in and outs of games but they need play open football against athy then 12 men behind the play will not work against athy
strenghts morgan who their man and eoin when on form could damage the athy back line

overall athy by 5

Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2011 County Final Athy V Carbury - The Dermot Bourke Cup   2011 County Final Athy V Carbury - The Dermot Bourke Cup Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 7:01 pm

As a Newbridge man, it is great to see a bit of a novelty pairing (in moderrn years) in the final and i am really looking forward to it as a neutral. I think its great that Athys underage work in the past decade is paying dividends and i know how much hard work they put in out in Carbury so a final appearance is well earned.

For me, I think both these teams have benefitted from playing the so called bigger teams (Larries, Celbridge, Sash) in earlier knock out rounds as they may have found it difficult playing them in a final based purely on it being a new occasion.

Neither team will have anything to fear, I hope its an open game and that there are one or two who shine and make it into Geezers plans for 2012.

Athy to shade it by a couple of scores in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: 2011 County Final Athy V Carbury - The Dermot Bourke Cup   2011 County Final Athy V Carbury - The Dermot Bourke Cup Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 11:44 pm

Think myself that this carbury side is the best in all the years.Think if they play simple football they will beat athy by 4 points.
Think flats and Foley will be the ding dong battle
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2011 County Final Athy V Carbury - The Dermot Bourke Cup   2011 County Final Athy V Carbury - The Dermot Bourke Cup Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 3:40 am

Is it Sunday week lads? Anyone know throw-in time for minor and senior?
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: 2011 County Final Athy V Carbury - The Dermot Bourke Cup   2011 County Final Athy V Carbury - The Dermot Bourke Cup Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 3:49 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
Is it Sunday week lads? Anyone know throw-in time for minor and senior?

Yeah match on the 9th October....

Didn't hear any times yet but I'm assuming 3-30pm for the senior....

Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2011 County Final Athy V Carbury - The Dermot Bourke Cup   2011 County Final Athy V Carbury - The Dermot Bourke Cup Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 3:05 am

Any more views on Sunday's match ?

Athy are 4 to 6 and we are 6 to 4 which is about right but any views on where the game might be won or lost ? I would like to hear from the Athy folk , in particular.
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: 2011 County Final Athy V Carbury - The Dermot Bourke Cup   2011 County Final Athy V Carbury - The Dermot Bourke Cup Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 3:14 am

Think 6-4 is a great bet.This match will be won in the midfield.
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2011 County Final Athy V Carbury - The Dermot Bourke Cup   2011 County Final Athy V Carbury - The Dermot Bourke Cup Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 9:37 pm

Lads I was away there for a while have to say there's not much interest in the County Final on here going by what has being posted. I know its two new teams and they deserve to be there and as for us not leaving a post or an opinion I think its very sad. Come on its only still on the first page for our county final if it was a newbridge team god know how many pages there would be.
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2011 County Final Athy V Carbury - The Dermot Bourke Cup   2011 County Final Athy V Carbury - The Dermot Bourke Cup Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 9:51 pm

Athy v Carbury.

Great to see two new teams in the final and I'll say the two places are buzzing.

Athy have being the form and best team so far in the championship and have already beat Carbury by 6 points in the group stages they have a really good forward line strong midfield and tight at the back. Carbury also have good forwards but are weak in midfield but have a solid back line and they get numbers back to help out they dont have as many good players as Athy but I think they are a better team. Saying that Athy can mix it as well as we seen the last day against Larries they never panic when larries put them under pressure I know Larries missed two penaltys but every time Athy responded and kept the score ticking over. Carbury were in all sorts of bother against a good Celbridge team the 1st half they looked dead & buried but came out in the 2nd half and blew them away only conceding 2 points & scoring 1 -7 them self's. Carbury play to the final whistle and never give up and they will do the same again Sunday.

This is going to be a close game and the game in the group stages will have no bearing on this. Athy are favourites and rightly so but I have a sneaking feeling that Carbury are going to come out on top but only just.

I hope there will be a good crowd there and the weather will hold up best of luck to both teams.
Back to top Go down
Adam91
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: 2011 County Final Athy V Carbury - The Dermot Bourke Cup   2011 County Final Athy V Carbury - The Dermot Bourke Cup Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 12:58 am

Agree with you 100% there stevie genius. I'm sure it will be a great match wont get over to it myself because of other commitments but will be keeping an ear out for the score. Think Carbury will shade it as I feel this final might have come a year or two too early for athy. The O' Flaherty's to carry Carbury through-just.
Back to top Go down
Onhisboot
Intercounty
Intercounty
Onhisboot

PostSubject: Re: 2011 County Final Athy V Carbury - The Dermot Bourke Cup   2011 County Final Athy V Carbury - The Dermot Bourke Cup Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 8:43 am

I have a hunch for Carbury, but thats all it is, Hope its a great final and best of luck to both clubs, also to Castledermot & Celbridge in the minor, special mention to castledermot on making the monor a final, great achievement for them, Hope its a great days football
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: 2011 County Final Athy V Carbury - The Dermot Bourke Cup   2011 County Final Athy V Carbury - The Dermot Bourke Cup Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 10:20 am

Best of luck to both teams tomorrow. Id say it's going to be a great match. I'd say it'll be close but I'm going with Athy by 2 or 3.
Back to top Go down
realmoore
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2011 County Final Athy V Carbury - The Dermot Bourke Cup   2011 County Final Athy V Carbury - The Dermot Bourke Cup Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 3:59 am

Great County Final.

Athy the better team, but carbury will be kicking themselves, the two goals they conceded were very poor.

James Eaton had a stormer of a game and the ball going into Athy's FF line was excellent. For Carbury i though EOF was not as prominent as in other games, but in terry rossiter they had an outstanding outlet and he gave his all.

Overall athy had the better spread of scorers and were able to bring on some good youing quality players in Niall Kelly,Brian Kinahan and Daniel O'Keefe.

Edenderry have won the Offaly final, so they are not a recent power in Offaly so Athy have a great chance of beating them in Newbridge.
Back to top Go down
stanley
Intercounty
Intercounty
stanley

PostSubject: Re: 2011 County Final Athy V Carbury - The Dermot Bourke Cup   2011 County Final Athy V Carbury - The Dermot Bourke Cup Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 4:12 am

Congratulations to Athy on a great win, Didn't get to see the game and had to make do with KFM but from the coverage sounds like Athy have a few players who thrive on the big occasion,Mick Foley of course and maybe it would be worth McGeeneys while having a closer look at a few of the Athy lads, Eaton. Reynolds and Mulhall sounded particularily busy in the game. Hard luck to carbury but sounded like they made a great game of it,, Bring on the Biffos...
Back to top Go down
smokey
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2011 County Final Athy V Carbury - The Dermot Bourke Cup   2011 County Final Athy V Carbury - The Dermot Bourke Cup Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 6:01 am

Well done Athy played some excellent football,I know the winning manager always gets praise but his reading of the game was spot on. The way Cian Renyolds carried out his orders was super..He played Morgan to a tee turning up at either sideline and his passing to Eaton in paticular was super.

How Carbury didnt mark him man to man was the winning and losing of the game.
Good luck to Athy in Leinster
To the county board move mountains to get Feely into the fold he has some potential
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2011 County Final Athy V Carbury - The Dermot Bourke Cup   2011 County Final Athy V Carbury - The Dermot Bourke Cup Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 6:31 am

To the county board move mountains to get Feely into the fold he has some potential.
the other day their was a peice on FEELY in irish daily mail saying he one brightest stars in bohemians fc and is not far off the frist team
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2011 County Final Athy V Carbury - The Dermot Bourke Cup   2011 County Final Athy V Carbury - The Dermot Bourke Cup Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 7:47 am

Kevin Feely is an unbelievable footballer. 19 years of age and absolutely dominated midfield.

Fielding, Passing, Vision and his leap is unreal. Reminds me of Dermot Earley of 98.

Has commitments to Bohs but if I were McGeeney and the County Board I would be doing everything within my power to persuade that chap to come to GAA.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: 2011 County Final Athy V Carbury - The Dermot Bourke Cup   2011 County Final Athy V Carbury - The Dermot Bourke Cup Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 8:39 am

Agree on the sentiments regarding Kevin Feely he looks the real deal. Plenty of bottle too as he slotted home a late peno against the dubs in last years championship if my memory serves me correctly. I cant imagine there being too many perks involved in league of Ireland soccer anymore apart from top few players maybe, so yes the county board and Mcgeeney should push the boat out on getting this lad into the fold quickly.
Fair play to Athy on their win. they look a great side and are only going to improve in the the next few years. They will take some beating over the next decade. They could go well in Leinster this year with the draw they have if they keep the heads right over the next fortnight.
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2011 County Final Athy V Carbury - The Dermot Bourke Cup   2011 County Final Athy V Carbury - The Dermot Bourke Cup Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 9:47 am

Well done to Celbridge too who bounced back from last years disappointment to claim the Minor title. Although they only pulled clear in the final quarter they were the dominant team throughout and thoroughly deserved their win.

Good achievement for Castledermot too in reaching the final despite playing in Division 2 in the League.
Back to top Go down
le hit in
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: 2011 County Final Athy V Carbury - The Dermot Bourke Cup   2011 County Final Athy V Carbury - The Dermot Bourke Cup Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 9:54 am

Carbury Full back line and GK were very hesitant in claiming the ball for both goals which were almost identical. I felt they were soft enough goals to give away in a County Final. Winning and loosing of the match I'm afraid...
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2011 County Final Athy V Carbury - The Dermot Bourke Cup   2011 County Final Athy V Carbury - The Dermot Bourke Cup Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 11:15 am

Just home from a great night out in Athy, could have stayed longer but have to work tomorrow. Great match and full credit to Carbury for playing football right to the end not like Sarsfields in the quarter finals. Thought Reynolds,Eaton and Feeley were brilliant and hopefully all have a bright future with Kildare. It shows you can play skilful and exciting football and win matches; are you you listening Donegal? Great crowd, great game and football was the real winner today.
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: 2011 County Final Athy V Carbury - The Dermot Bourke Cup   2011 County Final Athy V Carbury - The Dermot Bourke Cup Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 8:11 pm

Who won the minor match?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2011 County Final Athy V Carbury - The Dermot Bourke Cup   2011 County Final Athy V Carbury - The Dermot Bourke Cup Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2011 County Final Athy V Carbury - The Dermot Bourke Cup
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next