Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

new senior additions

Go down 
+43
flourman
Ohtoohtobe
stanley
GaaHead
centreback
Breaking Balll
BelieveToAchieve
Rex
murof
lilysavage
Athyman
town man
shoutitout
ElGuerrouj
realmoore
kickingking
Big Full Back
browser
SeamusMurphy
Frankel
Botch
Loads of Pints
oldspice
walsheman
tomcruise
steviegenius
le hit in
Fear An Geata
lastline
jj
Taibi
naked-lilly
bag of white
Ogie
Muller
patw14
Adam91
ballygal
Jimmy winning matches
if_in_doubt
gomearza
carburyman
browners84
47 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
browners84
Junior A
Junior A

new senior additions Empty
PostSubject: new senior additions   new senior additions Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 7:20 pm

joe crowe carbury and dessie lawler laurences were called into kildare team , surely kevin feeley james eaton will get a shout when athy are done
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: new senior additions   new senior additions Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 7:28 pm

Think myself eaton is a cert,feeley looks like the new early
Back to top Go down
gomearza
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: new senior additions   new senior additions Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 7:31 pm

Feely's under contract with Bohemians. Different priorities. Not so sure about Eaton.. I think Conor Murphy from Clane would be worth a shot though. Solid. Had very good year with juniors. Dermot Earley will be the best addition though. Hands down. Only question is when...
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: new senior additions   new senior additions Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 7:58 pm

gomearza wrote:
Feely's under contract with Bohemians. Different priorities. Not so sure about Eaton.. I think Conor Murphy from Clane would be worth a shot though. Solid. Had very good year with juniors. Dermot Earley will be the best addition though. Hands down. Only question is when...

Under contract is debatable at the moment, he's currently on the transfer list according the PFAI. Whether or not he'll actually leave Bohs is an entirely different matter as the majority of players these days are only on 42 week contracts, so are basically unemployed during the off season until they sign a new contract, meaning most players are on the transfer list at this time of year. He's very, very highly thought of at Bohs, and I don't know if he'd leave if he thinks (and rightly so) that he'll be starting for the first team next season.

The guy is studying in DCU and as far as I know living up there, so whether or not he could commit to the Kildare set up is unknown. Would definitely be worth a spot in midfield during the league should he be available though, I'm guessing for the O'Byrne Cup DCU will have first call on him, depends whether he's playing soccer or GAA or both there though.
Back to top Go down
gomearza
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: new senior additions   new senior additions Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 8:00 pm

Bit harsh there. Surely McEvoy from Celbridge deserves a call up though.. would give some serious cover at corner back.
Back to top Go down
browners84
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: new senior additions   new senior additions Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 8:04 pm

true doh gomerza he is not gud enuf for county senior yet and i dont think he ever will , gud club player but thats it for me jus my opinion , agree with with pauric mcevoy serious footballer
Back to top Go down
gomearza
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: new senior additions   new senior additions Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 8:08 pm

if_in_doubt wrote:
gomearza wrote:

Under contract is debatable at the moment, he's currently on the transfer list according the PFAI. Whether or not he'll actually leave Bohs is an entirely different matter as the majority of players these days are only on 42 week contracts, so are basically unemployed during the off season until they sign a new contract, meaning most players are on the transfer list at this time of year. He's very, very highly thought of at Bohs, and I don't know if he'd leave if he thinks (and rightly so) that he'll be starting for the first team next season.

The guy is studying in DCU and as far as I know living up there, so whether or not he could commit to the Kildare set up is unknown. Would definitely be worth a spot in midfield during the league should he be available though, I'm guessing for the O'Byrne Cup DCU will have first call on him, depends whether he's playing soccer or GAA or both there though.

That's the thing isn't it.. Bohs are surely paying for his scholarship meaning they have to get first preference. I don't think the lure of football with Kildare would sway a lad from getting the chance to play as a professional. You only have to look at the likes of Keith Fahey, Seamus Coleman etc.
Back to top Go down
browners84
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: new senior additions   new senior additions Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 8:11 pm

ye id say he will stay with the soccer till he gets outta college so he keeps getting the scholarship off bohs and then by that stage if he has not gt signed up in england he mite aswell say gudbye ta that and then we will get a future star then , but think we will have ta wait till then 3 years or so
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: new senior additions   new senior additions Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 5:02 pm

if_in_doubt wrote:
gomearza wrote:

january he will know if he getting contract for next season. he also a good a hurling as well , his brother plays for kildare under 16 team
Back to top Go down
ballygal
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: new senior additions   new senior additions Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 5:27 pm

He's on the 14's fone and by all accounts very good, but he too is a highly rated soccer player
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: new senior additions   new senior additions Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 5:35 pm

ballygal wrote:
He's on the 14's fone and by all accounts very good, but he too is a highly rated soccer player

thanks
Back to top Go down
Adam91
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: new senior additions   new senior additions Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 10:16 pm

browners84 wrote:
ye id say he will stay with the soccer till he gets outta college so he keeps getting the scholarship off bohs and then by that stage if he has not gt signed up in england he mite aswell say gudbye ta that and then we will get a future star then , but think we will have ta wait till then 3 years or so

Thats presuming he'll want to give up the soccer if he doesn't make it in England. Maybe he prefers soccer to football? He might see no reason to simply up sticks from bohs and play for the county. You can say that the standard of soccer in Irish League is shite-which it is- but if he prefers the game then there'll be no decision to make.
Back to top Go down
patw14
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: new senior additions   new senior additions Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 4:36 pm

agree new players have to be tried but have to get rid of lads that are not good enough too. joe crowe is probably not good enough but deserves a chane after carbury getting final. how does dessie lawlor get in to the squad when he barely played with laurences last year. very strange!!
Back to top Go down
Muller
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: new senior additions   new senior additions Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 4:59 pm

Lawlor to be fair to him looked very sharp. He has serious pace and with a bit of ballwork i reckon he cud be a serious option. Sure brian lacey got a all star and he cud hardly solo the ball.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: new senior additions   new senior additions Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 8:11 am

fone wrote:
if_in_doubt wrote:
gomearza wrote:

january he will know if he getting contract for next season. he also a good a hurling as well , his brother plays for kildare under 16 team

He's not just good at hurling, he's brilliant. Played for Waterford U16s and I think he was on the minor panel before they moved to Kildare - and he was 15 then if I'm not mistaken. But soccer has always been his favourite game, it's huge in Waterford city. Anyway, fingers crossed we have a decade of him in the Kildare jersey
Back to top Go down
patw14
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: new senior additions   new senior additions Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 7:30 am

where did lawlor look sharp?? just think other lads deserve more of a chance when he gets a chance when he hardly played last year. what would the players who went in with the juniors to do the same training as the seniors the last few years think when lads who won't commit to that get a chance.
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: new senior additions   new senior additions Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 7:45 am

patw14 wrote:
where did lawlor look sharp?? just think other lads deserve more of a chance when he gets a chance when he hardly played last year. what would the players who went in with the juniors to do the same training as the seniors the last few years think when lads who won't commit to that get a chance.

In my opinion if someone is playing good enough football and they're willing to put in the commitment for the coming year then anyone should be given a chance, regardless of whether they were on the junior team last year.

Lawlor has looked a very good club player over the last number of years, hopefully one or 2 of the very good club players we have in the county will make the step up to being a very good county player next year.

Back to top Go down
naked-lilly
Senior
Senior
naked-lilly

PostSubject: Re: new senior additions   new senior additions Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 4:50 pm

i know this seanie johnson rumour has been knocking around a few weeks but ive heard from a reliable source that he could be headed to carbury any truth carburyman??? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: new senior additions   new senior additions Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 7:12 pm

Heard this aswell, it seems nailed on now.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: new senior additions   new senior additions Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 7:38 pm

Interesting. Coupled with carew's statement last week and Johnson's silence you would have to think there could be something happening
Back to top Go down
lastline
Intercounty
Intercounty
lastline

PostSubject: Re: new senior additions   new senior additions Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 6:23 am

where is seanie johnson supposed to be working. i know one or two teachers in carbury area and dont think he teaching there
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: new senior additions   new senior additions Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 7:49 am

lastline wrote:
where is seanie johnson supposed to be working. i know one or two teachers in carbury area and dont think he teaching there

I heard Confey mentioned a few weeks ago.
Back to top Go down
le hit in
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: new senior additions   new senior additions Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 9:28 am

jj wrote:
Interesting. Coupled with carew's statement last week and Johnson's silence you would have to think there could be something happening

And now with Carburymans silence......
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: new senior additions   new senior additions Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 9:35 am

Lads going by Carburymans comments I dont think he knows that much about Carbury football. The man that would know would be tomcruise so tom if your out there let us all in on this secret.

Calling tomcruise Question
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: new senior additions   new senior additions Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 3:18 pm

Tom is here. Seanie Johnston is no more coming to Carbury than Man United winning the Champions League in 2012 Very Happy I would safely see he hasn't a clue where Carbury is , never mind wear the famous blue and gold jersey.

The same rumour appeared a few years ago in relation to Declan Browne. I asked Brian Lacey was it true and he simply laughed at me. Browne had only been in KIldare six times and had never heard of Carbury.

But if either want my number , pm me Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new senior additions   new senior additions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new senior additions
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next