Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Senior 2nd Teams.

Go down 
+5
ElGuerrouj
johnsmyth
centreback
realmoore
Kaiser Sóze
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kaiser Sóze
Intermediate
Intermediate
Kaiser Sóze

Senior 2nd Teams. Empty
PostSubject: Senior 2nd Teams.   Senior 2nd Teams. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 11:57 pm

Whats people thoughts on Senior 2nd teams?

In other counties they are allowed play in Junior and Intermediate championship?
Would it be of any benefit to allow them do so in Kildare?
With Moorefield in Division 2, they would be very competitive in the Inter and Junior Championship.
Also St Laurences,Celbridge,Sarsfield,Leixlip, Athy all with big picks.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
realmoore
Senior
Senior

Senior 2nd Teams. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senior 2nd Teams.   Senior 2nd Teams. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 12:26 am

Having played on the second team for our club for the last few years i think it would be a great idea.

Sarsfields and Moorefield have been in the Senior B final against each other for the last three years(Sash winning all 3) and are also competing in Division 2 + 3 along with Larries, celbridge.

I think this will go like the Amalgamation Idea, great in theory but the Junior Clubs especially would not like this(not saying the 2nd teams would win the championship).

Again if other counties can do it, then it should be able to work.
Back to top Go down
Kaiser Sóze
Intermediate
Intermediate
Kaiser Sóze

Senior 2nd Teams. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senior 2nd Teams.   Senior 2nd Teams. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 1:19 am

Lets make a list of the pro's and cons:

Cons:

Unfair on smaller clubs tight on numbers.
If they were to win, who plays at Junior level in Leinster.
Extra fixtures to fit into calender.

Pro's
Make the Junior Championship bigger with more teams.
Might sort out the whole regrading system properly.
Extra revenue for the County Board.

Add more.........
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

Senior 2nd Teams. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senior 2nd Teams.   Senior 2nd Teams. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 3:21 am

hang on now kaiser the county board should sort the league out first before the start crazy ideas like that.
when i say sort out the league i mean to sort out the senior second teams playing in the league, as we all know moorefield got caught cheating in division 2 with there second team and only for leinster council kildare county board were going to let them away with it.
the only way to do away with the inconsitent teams that senior seconds are putting out is to stop players playing in 2 different leagues if you play 1min in division 1 you cant play in division 2 or 3 again
Back to top Go down
johnsmyth
Intercounty
Intercounty

Senior 2nd Teams. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senior 2nd Teams.   Senior 2nd Teams. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 5:09 am

Dont think that is good idea CB, you'd have small and medium sized clubs not been able to field 2nd teams in the league just because the first team was short and a few lads were played, and if you apply it only to division one teams then its double standards
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

Senior 2nd Teams. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senior 2nd Teams.   Senior 2nd Teams. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 8:40 am

Crazy idea CB, so if you come on for your 1st team in the 1st game of the league and don't get a look in for the rest of the year, you're just not allowed play football!!?
Back to top Go down
sillycow
Intermediate
Intermediate

Senior 2nd Teams. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senior 2nd Teams.   Senior 2nd Teams. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 8:54 pm

senior b is a joke, it should be one game a year between the newbridge clubs they have there hands on it nearly every year fair play to them.

all senior b clubs should be put into the junior a champ, and if they win it let them up or relegated put them down. it should never happen that they would be strong enough to win the inter champ. so one club having two senior teams should not a occur.
Back to top Go down

Senior 2nd Teams. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senior 2nd Teams.   Senior 2nd Teams. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 9:43 pm

sillycow wrote:
it should never happen that they would be strong enough to win the inter champ. so one club having two senior teams should not a occur.

With the way Moorefield are able to pull strokes and make a mockery of the regrading system in order to field a strong 2nd Team, I wouldnt be surprised if they won intermediate and the following year it was a Moorefield v Moorefield Senior Final, such is there stroke pulling ability.
Back to top Go down
sillycow
Intermediate
Intermediate

Senior 2nd Teams. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senior 2nd Teams.   Senior 2nd Teams. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 10:44 pm

fionnmccool you have a real problem with moore 2nd team, you must be from one of the junior clubs that were beatin by them. maybe if you and your saved your efforts and energy for the pitch and not on the rule book ye might have a better chance in beating them.

i think its a credit to moorefield to be able to play such a high standard, and then to think that they havent won a champ in 3 years, due to sarsfields that tells you were its at.
Back to top Go down

Senior 2nd Teams. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senior 2nd Teams.   Senior 2nd Teams. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 11:08 pm

my team actually beat the killer B's that are Moorefield 2nd team. But that to me is irrelevent.

i dont have a problem with the Moorefield 2nd team as such. 2nd Teams from everyclub should be treated no differently to 1st teams. If any club with a 2nd team feel they are able to field a second team and are able to compete in the top 3 divisions well then there games should be completed at the same time as everyone elses.

Every stroke in the book was pulled to ensure that Moorefield 2nd retained there Division 2 status this year. Moving of games to midweek, teams forfeiting matches or not fulfilling fixtures.

And then there was also the regrading of players who were actually playing against Portlaoise in the Leinster Club Championship this year.

The Rule Book is there for a reason. It meant to be adhered to in the interest of fair play for all clubs.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

Senior 2nd Teams. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senior 2nd Teams.   Senior 2nd Teams. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 11:37 pm

Lads,

RULE BOOKS!!!!!!! They only exist to confirm a law or rule.....which in Kildare means........

Don't even bother going by rule book as theres always someone there to overturn it!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

Senior 2nd Teams. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senior 2nd Teams.   Senior 2nd Teams. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 12:04 am

true fionn i know of a league game this year that was held up for 3/4s of an hour because sash seconds were waiting on there A players to arrive from there division 1 match and the ref waited like an eejit. the moorefield team was a complete farce this year one week they were putting out a team that could play division 1 and the next putting out a middle division 3 team, the system needs to be changed it can`t continue like this. El g my idea might not sit well with some people but at least it makes the leagues fair and not just about the senior teams
Back to top Go down
realmoore
Senior
Senior

Senior 2nd Teams. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senior 2nd Teams.   Senior 2nd Teams. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 12:16 am

I would just point out that some teams with Multiple County Players
Allenwood - 2
Carbury - 2
Johnstownbridge - 2
Suncroft - 3
Sarsfields - 3
Moorefield - 4

Would be punished under your system CB as they would be missing there county players for alot of games in the league and therefore players would have to cover meaning that a second team might be weakened(come championship) as these county players will be back.

This doesnt even factor in long-term injuries where players would cover lads and then might have to sit on the bench, when they return from injury.

Is the system now not 20 names on First team and then everyone else is able to play for there respective clubs second team?
I know we didnt stick to this against Castledermot and were rightly deducted the points.
Back to top Go down
lilylady
Junior C
Junior C

Senior 2nd Teams. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senior 2nd Teams.   Senior 2nd Teams. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 12:23 am

I agree with you cb, the senior clubs have to name 20 players at the start of the year and that panel should be able to cope through the year and lads will know if they are playing with the firsts or the seconds each week no choping and changing from week to week.
In moorefields case with 4 county players not available they will just have to name 24 players at the start of the year and they are a big enough club to cope with that.
Back to top Go down
realmoore
Senior
Senior

Senior 2nd Teams. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senior 2nd Teams.   Senior 2nd Teams. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 12:51 am

Think were getting off Topic. its not about Moorefield or anyone else.

Its about the idea of putting Second teams into a higher grade of championship.

One which i agree with.

Back to top Go down
homerj
Intermediate
Intermediate

Senior 2nd Teams. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senior 2nd Teams.   Senior 2nd Teams. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 9:06 am

the fixtures wouldnt matter at all since theres only 10 teams in the junior six more would just make it like the senior and inter but as far as putting them in i think it'd be very unfair on the smaller clubs and i dont want to start a row but we all know how moores are in divison 2 and how they managed to stay there whats not to say this kind of tactics wont go on at championship time too we played celbridge 2nds in the junior about 7 maybe 8 years ago and they won but 1 of there players burst a lung and for insurance purpose had to give his proper name and he was after playing with the 1st team already i think that might of been the end of the 2nd team playing in the junior
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

Senior 2nd Teams. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senior 2nd Teams.   Senior 2nd Teams. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 10:07 am

moorefields second team didnt stay in division 2 they were deducted points by leinster(because kildare county board didnt have the balls to do it) which relegated them and rheban
Back to top Go down
realmoore
Senior
Senior

Senior 2nd Teams. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senior 2nd Teams.   Senior 2nd Teams. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 10:36 pm

centreback wrote:
moorefields second team didnt stay in division 2 they were deducted points by leinster(because kildare county board didnt have the balls to do it) which relegated them and rheban

Thats news to me, thats the league table on the official kildare website.

Keadeen Hotel SFL Div.2 2010
Pos Team P W L D F A Points
1 Confey 15 12 2 1 253 127 25
2 Johnstownbridge 15 9 3 3 200 156 21
3 Raheens 15 10 5 0 198 166 20
4 Clane 15 7 5 3 192 191 17
5 Kill 15 8 6 1 210 164 17
6 Straffan 15 7 7 1 189 180 15
7 Two Mile House 15 6 7 2 178 176 14
8 Suncroft 14 6 6 2 151 151 14
9 Ballyteague 15 6 7 2 196 197 14
10 Castledermot 14 5 7 2 134 188 14
11 Ballymore Eustace 15 6 8 1 214 192 13
12 Kilcullen 14 6 7 1 182 181 13
13 Milltown 15 5 8 2 159 179 12
14 Moorefield 15 6 7 2 179 202 12
15 Grangenolvan 15 5 9 1 155 219 11
16 Rheban 14 1 11 2 130 251 4
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

Senior 2nd Teams. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senior 2nd Teams.   Senior 2nd Teams. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 11:34 pm

like i said the county board wouldn`t deduct ye the points that ye were supposed to be deducted for playing illegal player according to the rule book so it was brought to leinster and they duly obliged in deducting ye points that has ye relegated. proper order if ya ask me realmoore
Back to top Go down
realmoore
Senior
Senior

Senior 2nd Teams. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senior 2nd Teams.   Senior 2nd Teams. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 12:44 am

If you look at that table Centreback.....properly you will see it has us Deducted 2 Points.

15 games played
6 Wins - 2 points for a win is 12 total
7 Losses - No Points
2 Draws - 1 point for a Draw - so thats 2.

So from 15 games we should have 12 + 2 = 14 points.
but the table has us with 12, which like you said is deducted the two points from the leinster council, that has NOT relegated us.

As both Grange (11 points) and Rheban with 4 are below us.
Back to top Go down

Senior 2nd Teams. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senior 2nd Teams.   Senior 2nd Teams. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 12:55 am

Has the Official Tables from the Kildare County Board for 2010 been released for the Leagues from Division 1-7?

The 2 point deduction cannot come from the Leinster Council, it has to come from the Kildare County Board as they make the rules for the Leagues and Championships from within their county. And I believe the total points deduction in the rule book in Kildare is 3 points, but i am open to correction on it.
Back to top Go down
realmoore
Senior
Senior

Senior 2nd Teams. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senior 2nd Teams.   Senior 2nd Teams. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 1:38 am

The Rule Book has a slight Typo in it Fionn

It says that for Div 1 and 3 the penalty for fielding an inelligible player is 3 points, however for Div 2 it only stated 2 points hence why we only got a two point deduction.
Back to top Go down

Senior 2nd Teams. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senior 2nd Teams.   Senior 2nd Teams. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 2:07 am

You got to love typo's especially when they fall in your favour!

So for Div 1 and 3 you field an inelligible player your deducted 3 points and in Division 2 its 2 points.
Only in the GAA and more noteably the Kildare GAA rulebook.

So is that the angle the Moorefield are using, even though they did break the Rules?
A typo??

Back to top Go down
realmoore
Senior
Senior

Senior 2nd Teams. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senior 2nd Teams.   Senior 2nd Teams. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 3:05 am

No Angle, it would not have made a difference anyway.

With three points deducted we would have been level on points with Grange, to decide who goes down it went.

1. Corresponding Fixture - which was a tie
2. Score Difference
Moorefield = -23
Grange = -64

So they would have went down anyway, reagrdless.
Back to top Go down

Senior 2nd Teams. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senior 2nd Teams.   Senior 2nd Teams. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 3:46 am

Does the 6 wins include or exclude the Castledermot Result, which Moorefield won?

I'd like to see a Grange point of view on all this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Senior 2nd Teams. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senior 2nd Teams.   Senior 2nd Teams. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Senior 2nd Teams.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next