Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Second teams in Junior Champ.

Go down 
5 posters

Should Second teams be allowed into the Junior Champ?
Yes
Second teams in Junior Champ. Vote_lcap32%Second teams in Junior Champ. Vote_rcap
 32% [ 7 ]
No
Second teams in Junior Champ. Vote_lcap68%Second teams in Junior Champ. Vote_rcap
 68% [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 22

AuthorMessage
realmoore
Senior
Senior

Second teams in Junior Champ. Empty
PostSubject: Second teams in Junior Champ.   Second teams in Junior Champ. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 4:37 am

Just seeing Navon o'mahony's second team in meath JFC Final and garycastle's second team involved in westmeath JFC Final.

In some other counties you will have amalgamations in the senior and the respective clubs in the intermediate/Junior Champ.

I believe this used to be the case in Kildare(open to correction)

I know there has been problems with some second teams in the league's over the year, but there has also been problems with first teams also.

Back to top Go down
butterfingers
Intermediate
Intermediate
butterfingers

PostSubject: Re: Second teams in Junior Champ.   Second teams in Junior Champ. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 5:35 am

Doesnt work in my opinion...It diminishes the junior champ because if a second team wins they cant be promoted to the inter champ and also for many clubs the junior champ, and possibly the winning of it would be the most they could achieve!!...Also kildare has a good system as it stands and I think it would be unfair to many clubs involved in the junior champ already who really dont need more competition from 2nd teams who arguably wouldnt have as much interest in winning the Noel Moran cup as say winning Dermot Burke ...
Back to top Go down
mrblobby
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Second teams in Junior Champ.   Second teams in Junior Champ. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 7:56 pm

Second teams should never be allowed to to play in the Junior Championship. What they should do is even out the three championships.

At present there are 16 teams in intermediate and senior and only 10 at junior.

They should put 14 into each championship. That will make all three very competitive. Same should be done with the senior league top three divisions.

Second teams are exactly that.... they have no place in top divisions or grades.
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Second teams in Junior Champ.   Second teams in Junior Champ. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 11:00 pm

realmoore wrote:
Just seeing Navon o'mahony's second team in meath JFC Final and garycastle's second team involved in westmeath JFC Final.

In some other counties you will have amalgamations in the senior and the respective clubs in the intermediate/Junior Champ.

I believe this used to be the case in Kildare(open to correction)

I know there has been problems with some second teams in the league's over the year, but there has also been problems with first teams also.

This was the case in Kildare but there was a bit of an uproar when Moorefield & Leixlip's 2nd teams contested the junior final in 2002 (?)

Since then the second teams have been in their own championship. I think it's better the way it is currently.
Back to top Go down
TheFrenchCannotBeTrusted
Junior C
Junior C
TheFrenchCannotBeTrusted

PostSubject: Re: Second teams in Junior Champ.   Second teams in Junior Champ. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 12:05 am

It would raise the standard in my opinion.The standard of Junior football in Kildare is awful.Bobstown and TMH are the only decent teams in it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Second teams in Junior Champ.   Second teams in Junior Champ. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Second teams in Junior Champ.
Page 1 of 1