Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GAA Referees

Go down 
+9
losthope
SeeTheStars
Taibi
kelf
steviegenius
Frankel
Dual
tomcruise
lazypaddy
13 posters
AuthorMessage
lazypaddy
Junior C
Junior C

GAA Referees Empty
PostSubject: GAA Referees   GAA Referees Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 3:41 pm

Hi All..
I have started a website to critique referees. It is not intended nor will it be tolerated to abuse referees. We are looking to rank and comment, both good and bad, on referees around the country. The site is in it's infancy and only has Kildare referees at the minute, but I will be adding any referee that the public request. I would like to invite referees to give a biography of themselves and to be involved in their comments.
I hope that this will give an honest public view of refereeing. There is no other GAA site like this at the minute and I think it could help improve the standard of refereeing at all levels. All suggestions are welcome in the "Suggestion Box" forum on the website.

gaarefs.com

Thanks
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

GAA Referees Empty
PostSubject: Re: GAA Referees   GAA Referees Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 11:55 am

Declan McGrath , the referee. What is his club ?
Back to top Go down
Dual
Intermediate
Intermediate

GAA Referees Empty
PostSubject: Re: GAA Referees   GAA Referees Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 1:00 pm

tomcruise wrote:
Declan McGrath , the referee. What is his club ?

Ros glas
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

GAA Referees Empty
PostSubject: Re: GAA Referees   GAA Referees Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 3:57 pm

Dual

Thanks for that. Is Ross glass a club on its own or where does it draw its players from ?
Back to top Go down
Dual
Intermediate
Intermediate

GAA Referees Empty
PostSubject: Re: GAA Referees   GAA Referees Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 4:07 pm

Its the hurling club in Monasterivin but it would draw players from nurney, Kildangan etc as they're not many hurling clubs in sth kildare
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

GAA Referees Empty
PostSubject: Re: GAA Referees   GAA Referees Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 4:11 pm

tomcruise wrote:
Dual

Thanks for that. Is Ross glass a club on its own or where does it draw its players from ?

they are a club on their own, would draw most of their players from the general monasterevin area
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

GAA Referees Empty
PostSubject: Re: GAA Referees   GAA Referees Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 4:20 pm

Declan Mac Grath refereed the Carbury v Monasterevin U21 match and someone told me after the game that he was from Monasterevin which I did not believe for a second. Absolutely no sour grapes as the best team probably won but it has to be one of the most bizarre appointments of a referee that I have come across. Really really strange Surprised
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

GAA Referees Empty
PostSubject: Re: GAA Referees   GAA Referees Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 4:23 pm

he is from kildangan though i think
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

GAA Referees Empty
PostSubject: Re: GAA Referees   GAA Referees Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 4:36 pm

His addreess on the Kildare GAA Website is

Oghill , Monasterevin

This is absolutely shocking but as I said no sour grapes. Whoever appointed him needs a really good look at himself. He is not doing his job properly and that is an understatement.

What goes around in life comes around Very Happy

Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

GAA Referees Empty
PostSubject: Re: GAA Referees   GAA Referees Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 5:06 pm

Thats the Kildare County Board for you tomcruise. He should never being allowed to ref that game no matter what. Was there any County Board official to present the Shield after? did he know?
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

GAA Referees Empty
PostSubject: Re: GAA Referees   GAA Referees Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 6:01 pm

TomCruise

I notice that u did not include one piece of information listed on the KildareGAA website:

It lists Declan's club as Kildangan !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

GAA Referees Empty
PostSubject: Re: GAA Referees   GAA Referees Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 6:18 pm

Kelf

Point taken but come on !!!!!!!!

Anyway matter closed. Roll on 2012.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

GAA Referees Empty
PostSubject: Re: GAA Referees   GAA Referees Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 8:13 pm

Declan McGrath used to play football for Kildangan not sure if he still does.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

GAA Referees Empty
PostSubject: Re: GAA Referees   GAA Referees Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 9:41 pm

Tom

I assume u would not agree if Val C were appointed to any Carbury Home game ?????????????????

or P Scully in Prosperous

Case closed
Back to top Go down
SeeTheStars
Senior
Senior

GAA Referees Empty
PostSubject: Re: GAA Referees   GAA Referees Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 10:05 pm

If someone is affiliated to a club, other than the two clubs involved that should be enough. If his postal address is Oghill, Monasterevin that's irrelevant.

The postal address for Allenwood is Allenwood, Naas. Does that mean an Allenwood man can't referee a match in Naas. Often times, clubs prefer not to get a local referee as sometimes they can be biased the against the local club.
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

GAA Referees Empty
PostSubject: Re: GAA Referees   GAA Referees Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 11:21 pm

Up until Kildangan reformed Declan played his football with Monasterevin, as far as I am aware he won a junior championship and league with them. He is a very good ref and a nice lad to boot would have no doubt he would be very fair, but it was a very unusual appointment
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

GAA Referees Empty
PostSubject: Re: GAA Referees   GAA Referees Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 11:42 pm

ballyboy wrote:
Up until Kildangan reformed Declan played his football with Monasterevin, as far as I am aware he won a junior championship and league with them. He is a very good ref and a nice lad to boot would have no doubt he would be very fair, but it was a very unusual appointment
forgot that to kelf did ya
Back to top Go down
Dual
Intermediate
Intermediate

GAA Referees Empty
PostSubject: Re: GAA Referees   GAA Referees Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 12:04 am

Have seen Declan Mcgrath referee on number of occassions & have used him for club games - would be very surprised if he was anything but fair - never seemed to favour a home crowd
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

GAA Referees Empty
PostSubject: Re: GAA Referees   GAA Referees Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 12:57 am

ManBearPig

Sorry I missed what u had to say on the subject under discussion !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are u sure Declan is not he same person who played Under Age in Leixlip ??

That would further restrict which games he could do ????????????????
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

GAA Referees Empty
PostSubject: Re: GAA Referees   GAA Referees Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 1:57 pm

playing under age is differnet than playing and winning junior titles for a team he refereed for in a 21's shield final!!he is a fair ref and wudnt ride any teams anyway,but if it came down to a dodge decison in the last min,there wud be up-roar over those little things of who he played ball for!!
anyway,he is kildangan now so matter dropped!!
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

GAA Referees Empty
PostSubject: Re: GAA Referees   GAA Referees Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 12:15 am

See this site has been pulled...

LazyPaddy
Member 6 hours ago25/11/2011 18:13
Hi All
Well I'm sad to say that I have pulled the site down. I guess the amount of negative reaction this has piped up has answered my own question as to whether or not people would actually come on to a site to compliment something as opposed to give out about it.
I have received threats, both legal and abusive, telling me that if I continue with the site the way I intended to that they would follow through with their threats. All of the threats are by people claiming to be referees. I have answered all the PM's with curtious responses and re-assured them that it is only a proof-of-concept stage and the majority of them have not seen my end goal...which was actually to allow the good referees to be removed from the common stereotyping of all refs being useless and to eventually restore a sense of respect to referees much like the way the rugby referees are respected.
To all those who wished me good luck I thank you, and to all those that opposed me I hope that some day you see what i was trying to achieve.

It was never really a runner... You need a neutral to give the opinion..... We were all up in arms over the Brogan v McLoughlin decision but the blue side saw it as a super call....

Refs will never win... The only way a ref can be judged is when after the match he's never mentioned.... Best assessment any ref could get!!!!
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

GAA Referees Empty
PostSubject: Re: GAA Referees   GAA Referees Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 3:32 pm

Lads and Lassies, i just have to comment on a performance of an official at U-13 league game at the weekend, now i'm not going to mention the clubs or the ref that was involved, but when our mentors had to take one of our players off because (1) he was getting no protection off the ref and the more game went on the worse it got and the more the young lad got annoyed, and (2) when you hear a official tell a young player to shut the fcuk up and get on with the fcuking game......well give respect get respect goes out the window.......hopefully we'll not see this official again......
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

GAA Referees Empty
PostSubject: Re: GAA Referees   GAA Referees Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 3:43 pm

overthebar wrote:
Lads and Lassies, i just have to comment on a performance of an official at U-13 league game at the weekend, now i'm not going to mention the clubs or the ref that was involved, but when our mentors had to take one of our players off because (1) he was getting no protection off the ref and the more game went on the worse it got and the more the young lad got annoyed, and (2) when you hear a official tell a young player to shut the fcuk up and get on with the fcuking game......well give respect get respect goes out the window.......hopefully we'll not see this official again......

If that happened, you should be reporting the referee to the board
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

GAA Referees Empty
PostSubject: Re: GAA Referees   GAA Referees Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 4:24 pm

Yes Ogie, i was told that our club have contacted the relevant county board officials and a complaint will be forwarded to the county board.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GAA Referees Empty
PostSubject: Re: GAA Referees   GAA Referees Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GAA Referees
Page 1 of 1