Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ladies Football Sub Committees

Go down 
+2
Breakingball
kelf
6 posters
AuthorMessage
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

Ladies Football Sub Committees Empty
PostSubject: Ladies Football Sub Committees   Ladies Football Sub Committees Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 3:39 am

See The Stars mentioned sub committees recently and I mention it here just in case any poster has not heard from their club sec.

I believe Clubs have been circulated with some documents one of which lists not only the proposed sub committees but also shows their prosped makeup and responsibilities and invites clubs to nominate members.

I believe clubs agreed at convention that every club would nominate at least one of their members for an Executive or Sub Committee. So with 10 on the Exec that leaves 28/30 to join sub committees.

I hope some of the posters here volunteer their services.

Back to top Go down
Breakingball
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Ladies Football Sub Committees   Ladies Football Sub Committees Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 8:53 am

This time of year clubs are busy enough organising themselves and gettin set for the year ahead. Why should they feel obliged to commit to CB & their sub-committee's?

It's hard enough to get people to help out with clubs, don't get ur hopes up elf. I know my club will be concentrating on keeping the home fires burning - I'd expect others to do the same
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ladies Football Sub Committees   Ladies Football Sub Committees Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 9:37 am

Two reasons Breaking Ball

1 The Clubs make up the County Board

2 The Clubs, at Convention, undertook to do so.

Ur quote ur club as concentrating on home fires: Thats laudable but there's a saying about

Being outside the tent looking in

or

Inside the tent ................................

(polite version !!!!)

Its up to each club where they want to be !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Breakingball
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Ladies Football Sub Committees   Ladies Football Sub Committees Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 9:47 am

Kelf don't try tell me that we should concentrate our efforts on trying to fill positions on CB committees when often times we can struggle to fill our own club & coaching positions.
And please do not try kid us into thinking that the clubs run the executive.
The CB has done their own thing for a long time now.

If we have a choice in filling a coaching position in the club or filling one of your Cb positions, I know what we'll be doing. And you can put that in whatever tent you like!
Back to top Go down
gerry123
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Ladies Football Sub Committees   Ladies Football Sub Committees Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 9:54 am

I'm with Breakingball on this one, CB wasn't too interested in the opinions of the clubs when it came to picking the senior manager.
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ladies Football Sub Committees   Ladies Football Sub Committees Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 11:31 am

Gerry123 I am aware that when the appointment of a new manager was muted clubs were invited to nominate people, this was in county board minutes and emails and circulated to ALL club secretaries for discussion in their respective clubs. I take it that your club secretary did not see fit to inform you, if that is the case your problem is with your club not the county board. It was discussed in my club, and we are aware that a committee was put in place for the purpose of selecting a suitable candidate and am also aware that it was accepted and passed at a county board meeting, again your club secretary has this information. If you don't believe check it with him/her its not a secret society, the info is readily available

Breakingball you are right it can and usually is hard to get people involved in clubs, but there are people who would be willing to serve on county committees and please noted I use the word serve, its something that is sadly lacking in modern society, without it not only ladies football but Gaa and other voluntary groups cannot function

Simply put it a willingness to work hard so that other people can look good
Back to top Go down
Breakingball
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Ladies Football Sub Committees   Ladies Football Sub Committees Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 12:04 pm

Ballyboy, the whole county knew Joe was getting that job long before any supposed interviews took place. The boats weren't exactly pushed out very far to find good quality opposition to him. Noelle Comyn? Come on.......

As for these sub committee's. Are you suggesting that clubs should sacrifice people from
within their own setups to go make the CB look good? Or am
I misunderstanding you? I hope I am...
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ladies Football Sub Committees   Ladies Football Sub Committees Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 12:51 pm

Breaking Ball

I will not attempt to tell u or anyone else what the do.

I was merely posting information.

Now if you want to be against thats your right.
Back to top Go down
Breakingball
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Ladies Football Sub Committees   Ladies Football Sub Committees Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 8:19 pm

You call it against. Clubs call it getting priorities right.
It's all well & good for people with no club obligations to come on here & preach, or should I say, post information.

The CB have their hand picked officers, let them carry on doing their jobs. These sub committees are
Not essential. Healthy & well organised clubs are essential & far more important!
Back to top Go down
SeeTheStars
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Ladies Football Sub Committees   Ladies Football Sub Committees Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 7:07 am

The following positions in italics need to be filled by the clubs.

Finance Sub-committee
Members; Treasurer, Registrar, Fundraising x 3 club reps
Function; To manage financial affairs of and report to the county board. To co-ordinate fundraising events & gate collections where appropriate.

PR Sub-committee
Members; PRO & 6 x PR club reps
Function; To publicise all positive activities of Kildare Ladies Football

Fixtures Sub-committee
Members; Fixtures Sec, Underage Co-ordinator, 3 x League Co-ordinators
Function; To plan, organise & record all club fixture activities.

Development Sub-committee
Members; Development Officer, Referee Co-ordinator & 3 club reps
Function; To co-ordinate formation of strategic plan for Kildare Ladies Football in line with LGFA and to identify areas of weakness within Kildare Ladies Football and form plans for improvement.

Disciplinary Sub-committee
Members; County Vice-Chairperson, disciplinary administrator, Referee Co-ordinator & 6 club reps.

Making a total of 21 positions. Time wise it's probably going to take a few hours per month. Its not compulsory for any club to nominate people to a position, however the sooner that clubs realise that it's our county board, our county and our competitions the better. The best way to achieve change is from the inside, so if you feel that there is something that can be improved in the county set-up, now's your chance.

There is practically a whole new executive in the county over the last two years, new chairman, new secretary, new treasurer, new PRO, new fixtures secretary, new underage fixtures secretary.
I realise a lot of the previous executives had "baggage" however with the new incumbents there was never a better time to get involved. To quote Mahatma Ghandi, "Be the change you want in the world"

One other thing that people should think about, for someone out of work, it's always a good thing to show on a CV that you are involved in a committee or voluntary organisation, it shows that you can work as part of a team, and that you are proactive.

Back to top Go down
Breakingball
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Ladies Football Sub Committees   Ladies Football Sub Committees Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 10:53 am

Thanks for clearing that up STS. Kelf was trying to make out that some recommendation from
convention, about clubs providing bodies to 'serve' the CB, was binding. Of course it's not.

I admire some of the work & endeavour that's being carried out & it's clear to see how some
effort is being made to eradicate the blight of years gone by. But there is still one or two there who hang around & influence where possible. Forcing his opinion and views on all
that will listen. I wonder will he be on any of these famous sub committees?
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ladies Football Sub Committees   Ladies Football Sub Committees Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 1:17 pm

BB

U got it aways again. No "binding" anthing

I said the clubs just agreed that each would put at least one person on the CB or a sub-committee.

I accept ur bitter for some reason, maybe because in my time we grew the county from 15 clubs with 500 menbers playing 100 games a year, to 35 clubs with 2,500 members playing 700 games a year.

Since I've left they have gone on to 40 clubs, 3,000 members and whatever number of games but many extra and added Developement Squads.

I am not a Board member or committee member, am not consulted and dont offer advice to the CB. Joe , Arthur etc being the independant sorts they would have told me where to get off if I had tried. The only hanging around I do is to fill in for the PRO and do a match report if she's not available. And rest assured, I will continue to do what I have done since I stepped down and will again decline to allow my name go forward for any sub- committee.

I will continue to support the County and Clubs and make the odd comment and if that so offends you tough.

To all genuine Ladies Football people viewing do support the great work your club members are doing within the clubs and as County Managers, Selectors and County Officers.

Last edited by kelf on Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: Ladies Football Sub Committees   Ladies Football Sub Committees Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 10:12 am

well said kelf
Back to top Go down
Breakingball
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Ladies Football Sub Committees   Ladies Football Sub Committees Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 2:43 am

Personally responsible for setting up 20 clubs? Aren't you the best. Pffffffffffffffft
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ladies Football Sub Committees   Ladies Football Sub Committees Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ladies Football Sub Committees
Page 1 of 1