Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ladies finals

Go down 
+2
kelf
headhoncho
6 posters
AuthorMessage
headhoncho
Junior C
Junior C

ladies finals  Empty
PostSubject: ladies finals    ladies finals  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 9:44 am

Has anyone got any inside info on location and times of intermediate and senior finals. County board are a little sleepy about gettin out the info Sleep
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

ladies finals  Empty
PostSubject: Re: ladies finals    ladies finals  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 3:50 am

From Kildare Ladies Facebook page

Kildare Ladies GAA
Weekend full of finals coming up...

Sat 17th Sept

U16 Div 1 FINAL Celbridge v St Laurences in Sallins @ 3.45

Junior B FINAL Kilcock v Kilcullen in Sallins @ 6

Intermediate FINAL Grange v Maynooth in Naas @ 3.45

Senior FINAL Leixlip v Balyna in Naas @ 5.30
Back to top Go down
headhoncho
Junior C
Junior C

ladies finals  Empty
PostSubject: Re: ladies finals    ladies finals  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 8:01 am

Great to see a different team in the senior final, hoping it'll be a close game.... who'd be favourites in intermediate thou? Grange susposedly struggling through out year for numbers, and maynooth fired up after been in same position last year and with narrow defeat in division two final.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

ladies finals  Empty
PostSubject: Re: ladies finals    ladies finals  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 11:35 pm

Grange would be hot favourites for the intermediate... they still have Brianne running the show, Kate and Donna, and the Cunninghams played their first game of teh year last weekend. They weren't playign when Grange beat Maynooth, and I think they will win it with a bit in hand. Not sure on the senior, I would think Balyna might be favourites. I was sure a few years ago Kilcullen would be making a breakthrough, they looked like they were going places but they've never kicked on. There's not much between them but Kilcock have momentum, a good mix and were in the Division 3 final this year so I'd fancy them.
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

ladies finals  Empty
PostSubject: Re: ladies finals    ladies finals  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 1:15 am

grange should win by quiet a margin and balyna should retain there senior title must be disappointing for confey not to make the final considering the talent they have through there team
Back to top Go down
Lilylady11
Junior A
Junior A

ladies finals  Empty
PostSubject: Re: ladies finals    ladies finals  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 7:24 am

headhoncho wrote:
Great to see a different team in the senior final, hoping it'll be a close game.... who'd be favourites in intermediate thou? Grange susposedly struggling through out year for numbers, and maynooth fired up after been in same position last year and with narrow defeat in division two final.

Dont know what your talking about here, Balyna are the current holders and Leixlip won it a few years ago.
It wouldn't surprise me at all if Leixlip beat Balyna. Eadestown beat them once and could've again in the semi. They are a nice team who play decent footall, but their shooting is awful under pressure. Expect Leixlip to bring the pressure.

The word is, Grange are talking about winning Leinsters and All-Irelands. Hence the likes of the Cunninghams swanning back in. Maynooth are young enough and may well be missing some key players but will give Grange a right good go.

Kilcullen and Kilcock could go either way. They've had some real battles in recent years and I dont see this being any different. I do think Kilcullen have to win this if they are to do anything at all in the future and reckon they might just shade it.

As for Confey............they may have talent but the attitude is awful. Too many prima donnas who think they're bullet proof. Indeed it was many of these prima donnas who cost the county so bad in recent times.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

ladies finals  Empty
PostSubject: Re: ladies finals    ladies finals  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 2:17 am

Senior could be close. They played each other 3 times this year, one draw and 2 wins for Balyna, by 1 point & by 2 points in the Championship game. Both were short 4/5 in that game so its who improves most but the holders have to be slight favourites.

The Inter is wide open. Grange won the Group game by a goal. Connie buries a peno while Maynooth missed one and suffered a Yellow Cardin the last quarter. Aodhin, Fiona B & Hazel were all missed and even one of them could make a big difference. Grange had Nicola C as a sub & brought her on while I hear Julie is back as well. Ann Hughes was also a sub. So its a close call.

I haven't seen Kilcock or Kilcullen this year so wont comment while the Under 16 A has promoted Celbridge making great progress but this is the Larries All Ireland FĂ©ile team and they have to be favourites but Celbridge have a handfull of County players and wont be a push over

Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

ladies finals  Empty
PostSubject: Re: ladies finals    ladies finals  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 7:34 am

Any comments on the week-ends 5 Finals.

I only saw the Inter & Senior

Maynooth had the Inter locked away but Donna got lucky for her goal and Brianne drove over a 50 yard winning point showing once again what a player she is

I thought the Senior was outstanding. 2 very good teams and very well refereed ( and I would not be known as a fan of refs !!!!!!)

So well done to Athy & Celbridge Unnder 16 winners and to

Kilcock, Grangebnovlin & Leixlip
Back to top Go down
Lilylady11
Junior A
Junior A

ladies finals  Empty
PostSubject: Re: ladies finals    ladies finals  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 6:17 am

No runaway success for Grange this year - as I thought. They were gifted the INtermediate by yet another incapable official. I dont know why Alan Lagrue (who referees mostly camogie matches) was given the intermediate final but he certainly had a massive bearing on the outcome. Maynooth were leading for the whole game and were far more united than Grange. The yellow card of the Maynooth midfeilder for having the audacity to tackle Brianne changed the whole game and gifted the Athy girls a passage back into the game.

Karma kinda caught up with them in Leinster with Oldcastle beating them by a point.

The senior was a decent tussle with the better team winning.

Chaos seems to have gripped with the lower level championships with appeals holding up the junior C and D. Not surprised with this at all because these levels don;t hold any interest for the top table muppets. They now have their sights on the AGM and their various routes out.
Back to top Go down
promoter15
Junior C
Junior C

ladies finals  Empty
PostSubject: Re: ladies finals    ladies finals  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 5:49 am

Lilylady11
what are the appeals about and what teams are involved. November will be a great time of the year to be playing senior finals, not. The top table have no interest in the lower divisions. While I am on the subject, they also do not seem to have any interest in juvenile autum league competitions, as is evident from the web site, no results or reports since the 1st and 2nd Oct. It would appear that with clubs involved in Leinster everything else goes by the wayside. You would not think that there are any competitions going on in Ladies football in Kildare right now.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

ladies finals  Empty
PostSubject: Re: ladies finals    ladies finals  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 7:07 am

Which competitions/teams involved in appeals ?

I get 2 emails each week, one for the Under 15 and the other for the Under 13 with Results and updated League tables. The County Sec sends them on from the coordinators, so promoter15 if you ask your club sec she/he might forward them on to you.

Their on Excel so its probably a bit of worh extracting the latest results & tables for the site ( well it was for me !!!!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ladies finals  Empty
PostSubject: Re: ladies finals    ladies finals  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ladies finals
Page 1 of 1