Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Meath's Demise

Go down 
+19
Ogie
Botch
Flamingo
Highball
kickingking
tomcruise
peile
Rex
KILL BILL
Ohtoohtobe
shortgrass
Stonecold
TommyKeegan
fargo
standhimup
stanley
lilywhites on tour
Taibi
Come on the Boys in Blue
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

Meath's Demise  Empty
PostSubject: Meath's Demise    Meath's Demise  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 6:49 am

Meath's Demise  52559012

And here is a jingle for them

Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

Meath's Demise  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meath's Demise    Meath's Demise  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 7:13 am

Already been done.
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

Meath's Demise  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meath's Demise    Meath's Demise  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 8:16 am

Taibi wrote:
Already been done.

Ok , but you don't have the all important jingle
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

Meath's Demise  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meath's Demise    Meath's Demise  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 8:46 am

I've heard on many an occasion during my stint been unemployed and up at all hours of the morning. When that song came on I knew it was time for bed. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

Meath's Demise  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meath's Demise    Meath's Demise  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 8:59 am

Taibi wrote:
I've heard on many an occasion during my stint been unemployed and up at all hours of the morning. When that song came on I knew it was time for bed. Very Happy

Well we can all sleep safely now knowing Meath are in Div 3 , only a witch doctor can now come to there aid Laughing
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

Meath's Demise  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meath's Demise    Meath's Demise  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 9:07 am

vodafone2012 wrote:
Taibi wrote:

Well we can all sleep safely now knowing Meath are in Div 3 , only a witch doctor can now come to there aid Laughing

Vodafone would that witchdoctor perhaps go by the name of Boylan?
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

Meath's Demise  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meath's Demise    Meath's Demise  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 9:36 am

lilywhites on tour wrote:
vodafone2012 wrote:
Taibi wrote:

Vodafone would that witchdoctor perhaps go by the name of Boylan?

"Eye of newt, and toe of frog,
Wool of bat, and tongue of dog,
Adder's fork, and blind-worm's sting,
Lizard's leg, and howlet's wing,--
For a charm of powerful trouble,
Like a hell-broth boil and bubble."

Thats how to make a fine brew for the prematch energy drink in the hills of dunboyne Wink
Back to top Go down
stanley
Intercounty
Intercounty
stanley

Meath's Demise  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meath's Demise    Meath's Demise  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 6:15 pm

Meath are like that character from the Friday 13th films, no matter how many times you think the buggers are finished they will always come back at you. Never write off Meath, Very Happy
Back to top Go down
standhimup
Senior
Senior

Meath's Demise  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meath's Demise    Meath's Demise  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 7:58 am

Banty retained. 43 votes to 31
Back to top Go down
fargo
Senior
Senior

Meath's Demise  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meath's Demise    Meath's Demise  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 8:08 am

Talik about getting your info quick !!.
Back to top Go down
standhimup
Senior
Senior

Meath's Demise  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meath's Demise    Meath's Demise  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 8:13 am

Just heard that 43 voted to remove Banty but a two thirds majority was required.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

Meath's Demise  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meath's Demise    Meath's Demise  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 8:14 am

Worse again, they voted him out 43 to 31 so he is not wanted by majority, but two-thirds were needed to oust him and they fell short. Now Banty doesn't have majority support but keeps job.
Back to top Go down
fargo
Senior
Senior

Meath's Demise  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meath's Demise    Meath's Demise  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 8:24 am

If its true about the players having a lot of respect for him,this could work out for Mceneaney yet. which is unfortunate , id like to see these boys playing Kilkenny.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

Meath's Demise  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meath's Demise    Meath's Demise  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 9:25 am

Sorry but major LOL!!!
Back to top Go down
shortgrass
Senior
Senior
shortgrass

Meath's Demise  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meath's Demise    Meath's Demise  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 6:39 pm

fargo wrote:
If its true about the players having a lot of respect for him,this could work out for Mceneaney yet. which is unfortunate , id like to see these boys playing Kilkenny.

we all can dream Fargo Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

Meath's Demise  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meath's Demise    Meath's Demise  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 7:46 pm

Great to see the entire county of Meath in disarray, sure he's on a hiding to nothing now, first bad result or setback and the whole place will descend into infighting.
Back to top Go down
stanley
Intercounty
Intercounty
stanley

Meath's Demise  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meath's Demise    Meath's Demise  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 9:09 pm

Ohtoohtobe wrote:
Great to see the entire county of Meath in disarray, sure he's on a hiding to nothing now, first bad result or setback and the whole place will descend into infighting.

Hmm, if we get to meet them in the Leinster semi final it could be interesting to see what happens if they lose.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

Meath's Demise  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meath's Demise    Meath's Demise  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 10:19 pm

Be wary, be very wary. Bit of luck and they could have beaten us and gone for promotion. In terms of players they are still in the top-12 sides in the country, we never beat them by much, they've two relatively easy games before they play us, Joe Sheridan could yet be back for summer and they now have a siege mentality. We can laugh away but there won't be much between us and them in the Leinster semi-final and we know more than most what those lads are like with their backs to the wall. I'd hold on till the laughter till we get past them.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

Meath's Demise  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meath's Demise    Meath's Demise  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 11:24 pm

I agree in part about with you Tommy, especially about the laughter, these things can come back to bilte us, however, even being my usual nervous and pessimistic Kildare supporter I still dont think this Meath team are anywhere near us in development, fitness, moral, skill, preparation etc, and if we cant beat them (should we meet) in Croker Park then we have no right to expect to win silverware.

So with a hint of 'schadenfreude' this chaos can only be good news for Kildare
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Meath's Demise  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meath's Demise    Meath's Demise  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 11:29 pm

Don't see how Joe Sheridan can walk back into a team for a Leinster championship match having not trained with the team for five months. No matter how much training he is doing he is not playing top level football and if they think he can just walk back in and play against Kildare then they are worse off than I thought. Just shows how little strength in depth they have. What message does that send out to the lad slogging away back home.

Basically I'm sick of Meath lads moaning about their plight as if they have some God given right to success. Success is achieved form hard graft and the right structures. In Meath it is obvious that their structures at under age level are non existent. As bad as we are results have been the setting up of development squads has to my eyes already started to improve the level of underage player in the County.

Brian Murphy made an interesting point in an interview after the minors win on Saturday. He said that when he first started as manager he asked lads in his own club about going to trials, they said they have no interest. Young lads having no interest in playing for their County. Now he said with they set up he has to turn away lads. That's what good structures and success at Senior level can do. Generates interest and makes lads want to play for their County.

Meath have to play Wicklow in their first match, a Wicklow team on a high after promotion, who will be playing in the same Division as Meath next year. This Meath team who should have been relegated last year but for a last gasp point by Leper. A Meath team who must have their attention somewhere else at the moment, a Meath team ripe for over turning.

I'll be having a sneaky few quid on the Mountain men.
Back to top Go down
peile
Intercounty
Intercounty
peile

Meath's Demise  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meath's Demise    Meath's Demise  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 1:02 am

Yep, for too long now Meath have been living off past glories and it's only now coming back to bite them. The beatings we've given them at u 21 level in the last five or six years are surely a factor in our successes against their senior teams as a lot of the current Meath seniors have never been on a winning team against Any Kildare team.

Wicklow a good bet alright because Meath don't like travelling either. Could be another Limerick day for them.
Back to top Go down
fargo
Senior
Senior

Meath's Demise  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meath's Demise    Meath's Demise  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 1:25 am

Still ,like Tommy said Be wary , the hardest team youll ever try and get a win out of is one with nothing to lose.
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

Meath's Demise  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meath's Demise    Meath's Demise  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 2:42 am

Rex

Good post.

However , it would be a major shock if Meath take us in the Leinster semi-final this year ( should we meet ). At this point in time , we are way ahead of them.

They were never my favourites but I do not like to see a top footballing county in demise. It is not good for the game. Their problems are definitely at underage level but I hear that they are happy enough with theire minor team and structure this year.

I genuinely hope that they sort out their problems on the field going forward. Best of luck to them.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

Meath's Demise  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meath's Demise    Meath's Demise  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 3:46 am

Rex wrote:
Don't see how Joe Sheridan can walk back into a team for a Leinster championship match having not trained with the team for five months. No matter how much training he is doing he is not playing top level football and if they think he can just walk back in and play against Kildare then they are worse off than I thought. Just shows how little strength in depth they have. What message does that send out to the lad slogging away back home.

Good post Rex. However, I think one could draw parallels with the Johnston case down here. If he gets his transfer before the summer then it's likely that some lad on the Kildare panel will lose out after a hard slog all winter.

I'd be wary enough of Meath. Their stubborness and arrogance is their main strength rather than a weakness. If they do play us in the Leinster semi-final I have no doubt that they'll all fancy their chances despite the run we have on them recently. They do have some handy individuals but Kildare should be beating them 8 times out of 10. I was very surprised initially that they went for Banty. He's always come across as a pure spoofer anytime I've heard him.
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

Meath's Demise  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meath's Demise    Meath's Demise  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 7:13 pm

Big Joe back already according to RTE this morning. Didnt take long....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Meath's Demise  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meath's Demise    Meath's Demise  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meath's Demise
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next