Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hurler complains in Sunday Papers about funds.

Go down 
+11
rgb
BelieveToAchieve
parcel
Loads of Pints
Admin3
Ohtoohtobe
lastline
Letshaveya
SamMaguire
KFSAM
Gaffer
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Gaffer
Intermediate
Intermediate
Gaffer

Hurler complains in Sunday Papers about funds. Empty
PostSubject: Hurler complains in Sunday Papers about funds.   Hurler complains in Sunday Papers about funds. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 9:12 pm

Just read this morning newspapers and we have a nameless so called county hurler not complaing as he says, but if you read it... HE IS ...ALL TO DO WITH NOT GETTING HIS 2 PAIR OF FREE BOOTS. He has a lot to worry about, Is he ashamed to put his name to the article ? or is he just another critic all talk and no action.

How much fund raising did the Hurlers contribute to the county coffers ?, Did they not raise enough for his 2 pair of boots Very Happy . I always beleived we are one both football and hurling. but not this guy. He is only concerned with own selfish demands.

If this guy has an issue he should have approached the management or the county board instead of selling out to the newspapers.
Back to top Go down
KFSAM
Senior
Senior
KFSAM

PostSubject: Re: Hurler complains in Sunday Papers about funds.   Hurler complains in Sunday Papers about funds. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 9:31 pm

What paper ?
Back to top Go down
SamMaguire
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Hurler complains in Sunday Papers about funds.   Hurler complains in Sunday Papers about funds. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 12:42 am

The Indo. The hurlers were given a voucher for a discount off a pair of boots whereas they usually got two pairs a year.

There's several articles on us and the debt issue.
Back to top Go down
Letshaveya
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Hurler complains in Sunday Papers about funds.   Hurler complains in Sunday Papers about funds. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 8:03 pm

The hurler has every right to complain very big difference in the treatment of the Kildare football team to the Kildare hurlers. A voucher for 20% of a pair of boots when the footballers fly to Portugal thats an absolute joke.
Back to top Go down
lastline
Intercounty
Intercounty
lastline

PostSubject: Re: Hurler complains in Sunday Papers about funds.   Hurler complains in Sunday Papers about funds. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 8:11 pm

like was said on a different post letshaveya the portugal trip was funded by each and every individual "PLAYER" . if the hurlers raised money they too could head to portugal or bettystown if thats what they prefer. fair enough they should get more than a 20% off a pair off boots but there is a way to go about getting stuff. the papers is not one of those ways. i see its your first post lad and i hope your not here to start a football V hurling debacle within our own county.
Back to top Go down
Gaffer
Intermediate
Intermediate
Gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Hurler complains in Sunday Papers about funds.   Hurler complains in Sunday Papers about funds. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 8:15 pm

Letshaveya
your hurlers said they were not complaining , sounds like a contradiction to me , all you have to do is read the indo report.. Can you tell me that the hurlers were out fundraising and raised money like all the other teams in the county .I would love to know what they raised thats if they raised anything. The point I would make is, if they raised no funds then they should not be whinging, It is well known that all other teams in the county go out and fund raise but I have never heared of the hurlers doing this. Maybe you can set the record straight and give us concrete proof that they have raised funds like all other teams.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Hurler complains in Sunday Papers about funds.   Hurler complains in Sunday Papers about funds. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 8:22 pm

'Traitor' is a ridiculous word to use and you should be ashamed of yourself for using it. Having said that it did strike me that if he wants to complain, he should give his name and not be quoted anonymously.
Back to top Go down
Admin3
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hurler complains in Sunday Papers about funds.   Hurler complains in Sunday Papers about funds. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 8:33 pm

Agreed, traitor is a poor choice of word. The title will be changed to suit thread.
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

PostSubject: Re: Hurler complains in Sunday Papers about funds.   Hurler complains in Sunday Papers about funds. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 8:37 pm

the player is entitled to do what he likes asnd has the co board by the balls on this one. they are bound by agreed entitlements laid down by central council to provide at least one pair of boots to the players. bit of a joke that they are backtracking on this the week after the hurlers deliver a national title to be fair. i think his timing was perfect to leak this seeing as there has been a cash injection of sorts to co board coffers over the last week.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hurler complains in Sunday Papers about funds.   Hurler complains in Sunday Papers about funds. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 8:56 pm

I said this in another thread. Football is the main code in Kildare. Like numerous other counties throughout Ireland there is a dominant code with the county.

I have respect for anyone who pulls on the jersey for the Kildare hurlers.

However if we were to argue that the funds allocated to each code in Kildare was relevant to the amount of funds raised by each code I would say the hurlers would be getting even less than they are now. In fact I'd say they'd be in arrears.

Like was said the Footballers raised their own money for the trip to Portugal.
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

PostSubject: Re: Hurler complains in Sunday Papers about funds.   Hurler complains in Sunday Papers about funds. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 9:24 pm

well and good fionn, but the county board are constitutionally bound to provide a pair of boots to its county players, they didnt and the player has quite rightly (no doubt on behalf of the squad) brought it to the public domain. the trip to portugal is irrelevant in this instance.

i would agree that perhaps the hurlers could do more in the line of fundraising but, at the end of the day they are owed a pair of boots from the county board and they didnt get them. crazy that this is going on in 2012
Back to top Go down
parcel
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Hurler complains in Sunday Papers about funds.   Hurler complains in Sunday Papers about funds. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 10:01 pm

This guy was probably asked by a journalist wat way the hurlers have been affected by the county board debt or something along those lines. He probably gave the boots thing as an example and his words are twisted to create a story. Traitor me bolox
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hurler complains in Sunday Papers about funds.   Hurler complains in Sunday Papers about funds. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 10:05 pm

It's not only to do about fundraising. Conleths is regularly packed with SUPPORTERS of Kildare football be it club or Intercounty fixtures.

All these funds go back to the county Board. Now if it was agreed that they get a pair of boots I think they should be given the football boots. But it was opportunistic of both the reporter and the player in question to con plain at this particular time - given the training camp and funds from Croke Park.

If we're being honest the reporter couldn't care less about Kildare hurling or the fact they got no boots.
The player was a pawn in another agenda and the fool should take a bow for living up to his billing.

What this chap talking to the papers has done is drawn out the battle lines for football and hurling in Kildare for the future.There will only ever be one winner with me. There will only ever be one winner in Kildare and the the County Board.
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Hurler complains in Sunday Papers about funds.   Hurler complains in Sunday Papers about funds. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 11:04 pm

UNtil these hurlers start to contribute to their own running costs, I dont see them having any right to whinge or moan about what they get.
Football is the main interest in this county, just like hurling is in Kilkenny. Thats life and its not going to change.

They are quite free to persue fundraising ventures in the same way that the footballers do. I won't be holding my breath for that one though...... Mad
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: Hurler complains in Sunday Papers about funds.   Hurler complains in Sunday Papers about funds. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 11:10 pm

Does anyone else think its strange that the journalists in both 'The Sunday Independent' and the 'The Sunday Times' both chose to start their piece on the debt by referencing the hurlers?

Two journalists from two different newspapers starting a story on a certain subject in exactly the same way?

What are the chances?
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Hurler complains in Sunday Papers about funds.   Hurler complains in Sunday Papers about funds. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 11:26 pm

Its all one big propoganda machine, ever wonder who is in control of the media in the country hmmmmmmmmm
http://www.irishtimes.com/about/group-structure/
http://www.inmplc.com/about-inm/profile

So so enough conspiracy theories there Mr Corr, anyways hurling yeah, sorry
Back to top Go down
GaaHead
Senior
Senior
GaaHead

PostSubject: Re: Hurler complains in Sunday Papers about funds.   Hurler complains in Sunday Papers about funds. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 1:06 am

No question, the hurlers were used as a pawn to sensationalise the article....

However, it is unfair to say the hurlers are not fundraising. Next Saturday they are doing a 50 mile cycle through the County to raise funds for their training camp & Christy Ring campaign. I think all Kildare fans should support them on their trek.

The issue with the boots falls back to the Hurling Board & shouldn't be created into a situation of football v hurling...
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Hurler complains in Sunday Papers about funds.   Hurler complains in Sunday Papers about funds. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 1:38 am

In fairness , the boots vouchers for the hurlers is a disgrace. Given the small amount of monies involved , we must be in a really bad way.
Back to top Go down
lastline
Intercounty
Intercounty
lastline

PostSubject: Re: Hurler complains in Sunday Papers about funds.   Hurler complains in Sunday Papers about funds. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 4:00 am

GaaHead wrote:
No question, the hurlers were used as a pawn to sensationalise the article....

However, it is unfair to say the hurlers are not fundraising. Next Saturday they are doing a 50 mile cycle through the County to raise funds for their training camp & Christy Ring campaign. I think all Kildare fans should support them on their trek.

The issue with the boots falls back to the Hurling Board & shouldn't be created into a situation of football v hurling...

i'll get slatted for this but i cant resist "is there not a round of senior football clubs games next saturday. hope none of the footballers will be taking part in this cycle" lol!
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Hurler complains in Sunday Papers about funds.   Hurler complains in Sunday Papers about funds. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 9:19 pm

Jimmy white wrote:
This guy was probably asked by a journalist wat way the hurlers have been affected by the county board debt or something along those lines. He probably gave the boots thing as an example and his words are twisted to create a story. Traitor me bolox

I have made this point over and over.... as if some guy decides "I'm going to ring Damian Lawlor"... I would guess, and it is a guess, that this is exactly what happened.

And surely, the point is, there is an agreed entitlement for training gear etc that county boards are bound by. There is no grey area here. If they haven't delivered, they will be hauled over the coals for doing so. And from what I can see, Croke Park is loving hauling Kildare county board over the coals right now.
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Hurler complains in Sunday Papers about funds.   Hurler complains in Sunday Papers about funds. Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 12:31 am

Word around the county is that it wasn't a player who gave that interview but a prominent member of the so called 'hurling board'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hurler complains in Sunday Papers about funds.   Hurler complains in Sunday Papers about funds. Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 9:43 pm

BTA as you can see from the amount of attention the sport gets here nobody gives a flying canary
Back to top Go down
Gaffer
Intermediate
Intermediate
Gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Hurler complains in Sunday Papers about funds.   Hurler complains in Sunday Papers about funds. Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 7:15 am

Thats a cowardly act if one of the hurling officals gave that interview pretending to be a player.
Has this person being outed by the hurling board yet ?
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Hurler complains in Sunday Papers about funds.   Hurler complains in Sunday Papers about funds. Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 10:24 am

It's a shameful act - but hardly surprising.

Imagine how bad this guy will look if the word gets out. Particularly when it was his committee that were not providing the player with the pair of boots that they are "entitled to"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hurler complains in Sunday Papers about funds.   Hurler complains in Sunday Papers about funds. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hurler complains in Sunday Papers about funds.
Page 1 of 1