Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Leinster Football Final - Louth v Meath

Go down 
+25
stanley
centreback
shoutitout
wingback
johnsmyth
peile
kildare101
Sam1928
gaaman
MD
kildarecat
Cilldara_2000
gremlin
hawker
rgb
realfone
Stonecold
lilywhiteforlife
bloodsub
lilly-exile
abl
Jimmy winning matches
lilypremier
Rex
kickingking
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

Leinster Football Final - Louth v Meath Empty
PostSubject: Leinster Football Final - Louth v Meath   Leinster Football Final - Louth v Meath Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 1:46 am

Desperate for Louth.

A new low for the GAA.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Football Final - Louth v Meath   Leinster Football Final - Louth v Meath Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 1:51 am

KK got there before me so I'll post in here.

Holy, smoke. What the hell has just happened.

Terrible decision, hooligan fans, Ref assaulted, Pitch invasions, Spillane calling for a replay ( joke idea by the way, how many other teams have been robbed down the years)

You couldn't make it up.

What will the GAA do now, what's the point of umpires, what consequences will this cause and is it time County boards get punished for that type of fan behaviour by getting excluded from the championship.

Louth fans will forever be remembered for todays after match disgrace, No matter how bad the decision and it was very very bad you can't act like a bunch of scumbags.

I'll also say the Refs really need to be looked at, every game this year we have had Refs making decisions that nobody knows what's going on. Last night was typical.

Complete overhaul needed.

Last edited by JME on Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lilypremier
Senior
Senior
lilypremier

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Football Final - Louth v Meath   Leinster Football Final - Louth v Meath Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 1:53 am

that was an absolute disgrace in fairness louth had it won. meath are so flukey they were terrible in the second half. it is such a disgrace
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Football Final - Louth v Meath   Leinster Football Final - Louth v Meath Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 1:58 am

I've never seen anything worse than that in all my years watching matches. It was an absolutely blatant throw and it was clear even on the live tv pictures. How the two umpires standing a few yards away can miss that is beyond me?

Gutted for Louth.

BTW - I'm glad Spillane and Tony Davis called it as they saw it and didn't fudge the issue.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Football Final - Louth v Meath   Leinster Football Final - Louth v Meath Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 2:00 am

louth should have won that game by at least 4 points they misssed 3 goals and had 16 wides
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Football Final - Louth v Meath   Leinster Football Final - Louth v Meath Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 2:13 am

Joe duffy's going to be busy tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
abl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Football Final - Louth v Meath   Leinster Football Final - Louth v Meath Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 2:18 am

Big problem is and i would put my wages on it is that the umpires did not even know that Sheridan fouled the ball.Fed up with these refs bringing there own umpires with them.Probably there brothers or drinking buddies and they are always half blind and 4 stone over weight .As for the attack on the ref what the fcuk was the cop at.Anew low for the gaa
Back to top Go down
lilly-exile
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Football Final - Louth v Meath   Leinster Football Final - Louth v Meath Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 2:21 am

so might the courts!! brutal decision by the ref but desperate reaction by the "supporters". certainly havent help there county board with regards an appeal.
Back to top Go down
bloodsub
Intercounty
Intercounty
bloodsub

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Football Final - Louth v Meath   Leinster Football Final - Louth v Meath Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 2:32 am

Exactly lily_exile, if the fans hadn't come on to attack the ref at the end they would have had the sympathy of the 31 other counties. They had the support of 31 counties as it was, not just because of their long barren spell or the fact they were underdogs but because I think everyone hates Meath! As it is the fan behaviour will be the only thing the CCCC have to deal with.

That umpire was obviously unsure of whether it should have stood or not. Otherwise he would have put his flag up immediately but he didn't go for the flag until the ref went into him.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Football Final - Louth v Meath   Leinster Football Final - Louth v Meath Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 2:33 am

Don't get the replay idea. The ref made the decision even if it was a disgrace, but if you give a replay you open up a can of worms.
Back to top Go down
bloodsub
Intercounty
Intercounty
bloodsub

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Football Final - Louth v Meath   Leinster Football Final - Louth v Meath Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 2:38 am

Not a chance of a replay and rightly so. Meath county board would have to offer one for it to even be considered and even then it would be a slim chance.
Back to top Go down
lilywhiteforlife
Junior A
Junior A
lilywhiteforlife

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Football Final - Louth v Meath   Leinster Football Final - Louth v Meath Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 4:00 am

link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JttiDYgiOQU

I feel sorry for louth but not as much as i did before their behaviour after the match. Never any need for that kind of behaviour.

We all feel passionately about the game and I can imagine how I'd feel if Kildare were robbed in a similar way...however we all must remember that at the end of the day it is only a game.

Referees and umpires are human and so they make mistakes.. BIG mistakes! But still I dont think any other job in the country, if not done incorrectly, warrants an assault!!

In fairness it is that minority of the Louth fans that will tarnish the county's fans as a whole and might negate any possibility of a replay.

Lets all hope that we are never on the receiving end of a similar decision and that something is done in the near future to prevent more mistakes being made... since they have become a very common occurence lately.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Football Final - Louth v Meath   Leinster Football Final - Louth v Meath Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 7:02 am

What was the difference between what Joe Sheridan did and what Thierry Henry did? Both cheated and at least Henry admitted he did, Sherdian on six one news was a joke.

Those Louth fans should be arrested, yes the referee messed up but Louth should have been out of reach at that stage. No place for that sort of thuggery anywhere.

Pat Spillane is only stirring crap, he is just looking for his pound of flesh after all the "injustices" done to Kerry over the last few eeeks.........
Back to top Go down
realfone
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Bad refereeing   Leinster Football Final - Louth v Meath Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 7:37 am

Louth were robed by a poor referee, this does not excuse the loutish behaviour of some of their fans.The other bad aspect of the game was the booing from both sets of fans to place kickers for frees. I hope kildare fans dont resort to this cowardly behaviour... Kildare were beaten by a good team Louth.. Revenge ... we want them after Derry...
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Football Final - Louth v Meath   Leinster Football Final - Louth v Meath Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 7:42 am

I would also like to see if the Louth no. 11 is reported for gouging the Meath number 6 on the ground early on in the second half of the match (i think).
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Football Final - Louth v Meath   Leinster Football Final - Louth v Meath Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 7:51 am

Would we all be so high and mighty about the fans if it had been Kildare who were robbed like that? I obviously don't condone what they did but I can certainly understand it.
Back to top Go down
lilypremier
Senior
Senior
lilypremier

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Football Final - Louth v Meath   Leinster Football Final - Louth v Meath Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 7:57 am

Ya absolutley RGB tobe honest if it was us in that situation, we would all understand
when we knew that it was a blatant mistake by the ref.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Football Final - Louth v Meath   Leinster Football Final - Louth v Meath Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 8:16 am

rgb wrote:
Would we all be so high and mighty about the fans if it had been Kildare who were robbed like that? I obviously don't condone what they did but I can certainly understand it.

That's not the point, there is NO other sport in the world that allows that happen, or you could youtube some South American soccer matches. And yes you are condoning it by that comment, if my aunt had balls she'd be my aunty. It's a disgrace and if I saw a Kildare fan that I knew do that I'd make it my business to make sure he is known to the authorities (or my size 12 boot).

What sort of image is that for kids, what message does it give about our game. There is nothing high and mighty about it, it's disgraceful and unacceptable. Peter McKenna (Croke Park manager) is sitting up with a big "I told you so" smile on his face because never again will supporters be allowed on the pitch.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Football Final - Louth v Meath   Leinster Football Final - Louth v Meath Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 8:21 am

If they were Kildare supporters I would be disgusted, embarrassed and throughly sickened. You can't condone any of the after match nastiness that went on there. I have seen pictures of Meath players being punched on the blindside by Louth thugs while still on the pitch.

Serious repercussions ahead.
Back to top Go down
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Football Final - Louth v Meath   Leinster Football Final - Louth v Meath Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 8:22 am

Offaly were robbed in '98 and they never attacked the ref. They had a peaceful sit down protest in the middle of Croke Park. While at the time I thought it was silly, it's certainly a long way better than attacking a ref. Those tramps should be banned for life without doubt.
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Football Final - Louth v Meath   Leinster Football Final - Louth v Meath Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 8:37 am

Read my post again there lads, if you actually can read them from on top of those high horses a few of you are up on there. No-one wants to see what happened today after the match. You are all 100% correct to condemn what went on. Those supporters should be banned- no arguments.

My point is that it's easy to sit here in front of your computer and be all rational and dispassionate in your comments-it's a different story there in the stadium when the whole country can see you have been robbed blind and your first Leinster win in 53 years has been stolen away due to incompetence. It's easy to be rational when you're not directly involved.

As for the pitch invasions issue, I have lots of sympathy for the GAA's position here and I said that on the old forum too.
Back to top Go down
gremlin
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Football Final - Louth v Meath   Leinster Football Final - Louth v Meath Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 9:16 am

I am really sorry for Louth, but I am gutted for every Kildare supporter who will now never get a chance to invade the pitch when Kildare win an All Ireland, because surely now the powers that be have a very legitimate reason to erect barriers.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Football Final - Louth v Meath   Leinster Football Final - Louth v Meath Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 9:18 am

How can Colm O'Rourke give an independent impartial analysis on The Sunday Game, bad RTE, bad
Back to top Go down
lilywhiteforlife
Junior A
Junior A
lilywhiteforlife

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Football Final - Louth v Meath   Leinster Football Final - Louth v Meath Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 9:26 am

Stonecold wrote:
How can Colm O'Rouke give an independent impartial analysis on the Sunday Game, bad RTE, bad

just thinking the same myself!!

ridiculous also him saying oh well alot of the smaller decisions during the match all went louths way? hardly an excuse for such a terrible decision that cost them the game Question

The question now...will meath offer a replay??
Back to top Go down
lilly-exile
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Football Final - Louth v Meath   Leinster Football Final - Louth v Meath Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 9:30 am

lilywhiteforlife wrote:
Stonecold wrote:
How can Colm O'Rouke give an independent impartial analysis on the Sunday Game, bad RTE, bad

just thinking the same myself!!

ridiculous also him saying oh well alot of the smaller decisions during the match all went louths way? hardly an excuse for such a terrible decision that cost them the game Question

The question now...will meath offer a replay??

dont make me laugh.... meath and doing the right thing.... never.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Football Final - Louth v Meath   Leinster Football Final - Louth v Meath Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leinster Football Final - Louth v Meath
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next