Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw

Go down 
+17
whiteaswhite
Derfil
walsheman
White Bridge
shortgrass
The Oracle
kartman
lastline
TheBigFullForward
Kaiser Sóze
lilyban
Fear An Geata
centreback
Onhisboot
browser
Jimmy winning matches
mrblobby
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
mrblobby
Senior
Senior

Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw Empty
PostSubject: Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw   Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 5:12 am

1. Clougherinkoe vs Two Mile House
2. Cappagh vs Robertstown

Caragh vs 1
Castlemitchel vs 2
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw   Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 8:25 am

[1. Clougherinkoe vs Two Mile House sarsfield sunday 5pm

2. Cappagh vs Robertstown carbury sunday 3pm

Caragh vs 1
Castlemitchel vs 2
Back to top Go down
browser
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw   Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 12:50 am

The TMH match against clogherinkoe is now at 3pm in sarsfields and the Robertstown/Cappagh match is at 5pm in carbury according to the official website.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw   Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 1:00 am

browser wrote:
The TMH match against clogherinkoe is now at 3pm in sarsfields and the Robertstown/Cappagh match is at 5pm in carbury according to the official website.
got times from kfm website last night
Back to top Go down
Onhisboot
Intercounty
Intercounty
Onhisboot

PostSubject: Re: Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw   Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 4:47 am

Yeah those times were changed,

TMH v Clogherinkoe is at 3.00
Cappagh v Robertstown is at 5.00
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw   Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 6:36 am

should be two closely contested games.
two mile house against clogherinkoe wont be plan sailing for the house, cloghs have some players that could match the houses big name players, alot will come down to the battle between aidan casey and sean mcevoy. if mcevoy can keep casey quiet that will be half the battle but they will need bergin and gravin firing from all angles to rack up the scores too.

cappagh will be up against it with leeson moran kavangh and kelly all top marks men for robertstown but cappagh have been having success with there 2 man full forward line ronan walsh and tommy grogan should be good game but robertstown for me too strong up front
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw   Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 3:14 am

TMH 2-10 Clogherinkoe 3-5
Back to top Go down
lilyban
Junior C
Junior C
lilyban

PostSubject: Re: Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw   Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 5:16 am

Cappagh and Roberstown was a draw game.
Back to top Go down
Kaiser Sóze
Intermediate
Intermediate
Kaiser Sóze

PostSubject: Re: Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw   Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 5:28 am

attended 2mile house and clogherinkoe and clogherinkoe were robbed in daylight.
the ref must have played 5 minutes injury time, a high ball came into the clogherinkoe box
there was 2 or 3 house players in the box before the ball, it somehow ended up in the net.
keeper kicked it out and ref blew it up. if i was from clogherinkoe i would be going f**kin mad about this. it was one of the worse displays of reffin i've seen and that just topped it off.
it should never have ben a goal and clogherinkoe should be in the semi final, youd have to feel for them.
Back to top Go down
mrblobby
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw   Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 7:18 am

I was also at that game Kaiser and you summary doesnt really paint the full picture. Didnt the ref send off a house man after 10 mins for what was barely a yellow card offense, and didnt he allow a Clogherinkoe goal to stand from a free kick taken from the incorrect position just 2 mins before the last House goal.

For me the referees disgraceful performance was balanced out in the end!

House very lucky but better team really probably won it.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw   Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 7:25 am

a bad weekend for referees alright
Back to top Go down
TheBigFullForward
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw   Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 8:04 am

Every weekend seems to be the same, the standard of refereeing really is very poor
Back to top Go down
Kaiser Sóze
Intermediate
Intermediate
Kaiser Sóze

PostSubject: Re: Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw   Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 9:51 am

the red card decision comes down to interpretation, for me it warranted a red card, for others it may not.
for a sqaure ball decision its more straight forward. your either in the sqaure or not. they (all 2 or 3) were in the box, without doubt you cannot deny it.i could see it as i was directly behind the goal where the incident happened. i could hear square ball being shouted by players and mentors of clogherinkoe as the ball came in from the side line, as he kicked it they were in the square. thats how obvious it was. one umpire seemed to signal for square bal, the other waved the green flag.

i cant comment on the free kick taken at the other end, i was too far away but it seemed ok to me,player was fouled he poped it up and no 9 took couple steps to set it up and buried it he was between 14-21 yards out it was some shot and the keeper should have done better.he flapped at it, keeper shouldn be beaten by a shot from that far out. it looked ok to me and the house players didnt argue with it either.

you cant deny the ref didnt play 5 minutes injury time. straight after the goal for house that shouldn have been he blew it up.

poor reffin cost a team that have trained hard all year, probably just as hard as moorefield or st laurences.
Back to top Go down
lastline
Intercounty
Intercounty
lastline

PostSubject: Re: Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw   Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 7:47 pm

as a clogh i am devestated this morning. we have being together as a group let it be trainin or games over 95 times this year. our lads gave one hell of an effort this year and for it to be taken from us by what was a hideous officials decision is nothing other than disgusting. surely these guys should learn from what went one in croke park this year with bad decision making. as for our last goal if anything ciaran was further from goal than where the foul occured. he took 2 or 3 steps left away from the goal to get by the group of players. there was no unfair gain got from this. best of luck to tmh in the rest of the competition and i mean that. they played till the end and they were not the ones making these rediculous calls.
Back to top Go down
mrblobby
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw   Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 8:03 pm

Well unfortunately the junior championship never seems to get strong referees, although from what I've seen this weekend there arent many around the county. the man reffereeing the Clogh v TMH yesterday was a senior club referee and was shocking. But he had no help at all. The umpires were weak and linesmen non existant.

As for training 96 times this year, well no team has ever won anything because of the amount of training sessions they have put in, I'm sure its the same number for any team wishing to compete at the business end of the year.

On the game though, I think Cloughs might need to look at themselves, they only kicked 5 points in 60 (or 70 as the ref played) minutes of football, 8 scores in total, against 14 men for most of the game! Does that really warrant a semi final berth??
Back to top Go down
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw   Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 8:25 pm

Yeah i was also at the game and i couldn't believe what i witnessed.There was certainly no balancng out of bad referree calls.This was as bad and unfair of a decision as you'll see in sport.
One tmh guy who was in the square was actually almost touching the umpire,how he didn't call a square ball is beyond me.(there was at least one other in the square,possibly 2)
Cravins (who was outstanding) goal was totally legitimate and nobody really complained.
I was a neutral at the game and thankfully but you couldn't help but feel for clougherinkoe.

Between myself and my father we were at 4 games over the weekend and 3 of them were influenced by bad refereeing decisions.From what i hear cappagh should be in a semi final this week too but for a bad decision which gave a last minute draw.

I'd love to think our chairman or county board will do something about the standard of refereeing and umpiring but i'm around long enough now to know nothin will be done and teams like clougherinkoe will have to suffer over and over again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw   Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 8:51 pm

Was at the Clogherinkoe/TMH game also and i have to agree with supersub couldnt believe what had happened to Clogherinkoe when the final whistle went.

It was much more blatant than Benny Coulters square ball because there were a few TMH lads in the small square, and the ball hung in the air for so long on it was in. It was almost like it was in slow motion.

Again like supersub i really fail to believe that both umpires failed to see this. Up there with some of the worse decisions i've seen in club football over the years.
I would be sick if i were a Clogherinkoe man or woman this morning, you don't be in a position like that to beat the big teams too often to reach a semi-final.
Back to top Go down
lastline
Intercounty
Intercounty
lastline

PostSubject: Re: Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw   Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 9:16 pm

in the meath junior final yesterday ballinabrackey beat ballivor 3-4 to 11pts. thats 7 scores to 11 in 60 mins. you tell those lads they are not co. champions. i think you will find they are. maybe some of the round 4 games may have givin false beliefs to people. tmh beating rheban by 17 pts is not fair reflection considering that rheban were already gone.
Back to top Go down
mrblobby
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw   Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 9:31 pm

But sure no one saying anything about round 4, what has that got to do with anything. Truth of the matter was that tmh played for majority of the game with 14 men, cloghs played their extra man in front of the full back line and it worked well in stifling the tmh attack but they didnt offer a great deal going forward and its very easy to blame referees when you've kicked the game away yourself.

He made bad decisions for both teams, as fionn said, the ball hung in the air for a long time and the ruling is that you cant be in the square before the ball, not when it was kicked. For me the real poor decision was the red car after 10 mins!!
Back to top Go down
The Oracle
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw   Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 10:43 pm

Was at the tmh-cloughs game and I don't know where this ref bias against cloughs is coming from. It was the only match I got in at the weekend so I can't comment on other refereeing performances but this is my take on the game/ref:

- he sent of the tmh centreback after 5 mins for one bad tackle, but at least 90% of other refs wouldn't have done the same.
- a cloughs player drew a kick across a tmh player in order to trip him late in the game and only received a yellow for his troubles.
-there were 5 or 6 substitutions and 2 cloughs players were down injured for about 4 mins between them in the 2nd half as well as all the other stoppages that happen in a match, so why wouldn't the ref play 5 mins of added time?
-Ciaran Gravins free for the goal was taken from the wrong spot and the tmh players did protest it but the ref waved them away.
-as for the 'square' ball if you were watching closely the ball actually hit the crossbar before any player touched it and rebounded out to a tmh man before it was tapped in. The cloughs keeper was at fault for not dealing with it and trying to blame the ref for a marginal call like that is unfair. There may have been one man in the square(near on impossible to tell most times) but that was it, def wasn't 2 or 3 though.

Overall the ref did ok, and tried to let the game flow. Cloughs only managed 8 scores on a perfect day for football despite having a man advantage for 55 mins. They know themselves thats not a good enough return. Tmh to their credit never gave up and Niall Browne and Peter Kelly worked like trojans to compensate for the extra man. A draw would have been a fair result on the day but the better team overall are going through to the semis.
Back to top Go down
lastline
Intercounty
Intercounty
lastline

PostSubject: Re: Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw   Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 10:49 pm

we'll i think from this forum we can see that the majority of people including NEUTRALS all feel it was a square ball and that it was bad refeering. is there such a thing as a refeere's accessor. in other codes wheather it be soccer or rugby the ref is always aware that he may bein watched by an accessor and is under more pressure to get these calls right. this applys down to the lowest league and lowest rank in both codes. not that i begrudge the ref's money but at the end of the day they are the only ones gettin a few bob out of this so i think it should be done right. if that tmh midfielder goes in like that in games he is walkin a tight rope all the time. it was high with a closed fist. i also wish shane darcy a speedy recovery from his injury. not nice to see that happen to anyone. if the last person is so full of facts it was actually a midfielder that got the red. obviously tinted glasses there pal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw   Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 10:54 pm

Doesnt matter if the ball hit the crossbar or not, there were TMH players in the square before the ball.
whether they touched the ball whilst they were in there is irrelevent, your watching too much soccer TMH fan/player its not like the offside rule whereby your not off side if your not interfering with play or touching the ball.
i did watch it closely and it did hit the cross bar and it rebounded to a TMH player who was camped in the square with his buddies, like they were having a sleep over in their back garden.

I think TMH probably would have won the match comfortably enough with 15 men to be fair but on the day i think Clogherinkoe were robbed.

I thought some of the tackling from some of the TMH players was on the borderline to be deemed as a strike.
Back to top Go down
mrblobby
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw   Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 12:22 am

Here fionn I think your watchin a bit too much telly yourself. the ball was hanging over the square for long enough for people to enter imo.

And lastline it was the centre back that got the red so your obviously wouldnt be sharp enough to access referees yourself!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw   Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 12:29 am

I admit mr blobby i probably do watch a little to much TV, but i'm well able to distinguish between the square ball rule and the off side rule.
It was a square ball and every single person at the match seen it, even some of the TMH supporters admitted it after the game.

Its irrelevent now, this wasnt the only game that suffered poor officiating over the weekend, and probably wont be the last.
We'll move on.

How do you think you'll do against Caragh, one thing is for sure i think they will score more than 8 scores in the 60 minutes of play against yourselves.
Back to top Go down
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw   Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 12:46 am

I know your tryin to defend your team mr blobby and rightly so but you don't need to defend as TMH did nothing wrong and i'd lay absolutely no blame at their door.
The issue is the apauling decision made by the referee and his umpires.
Everyone except the referee seemed to know it was a square ball.The Tmh lads seemed to agree totally that a mistake had occured and were sympathetic towards the Cloughs lads but of course they'll take any good luck or bad decisions they can get.
In fairness i feel for both teams as the spotlight shouldn't be on TMH or clogherinkoe as they went out to play a game and win it and both played their part in a cracking game.

The problem is the standard of refereeing in the county and how its quickly becoming worse,all teams ask is simple decisions to be called upon as fairly and competently as possible.This was not the case this weekend and hasn't been for sometime.

I would call upon the county board to be the first in ireland to stand up and sort out this mess we have ourselves in,we dont have to wait for the Gaa to improve at inter county before we make a move.Lets be the first to sort it out,lets get ideas back from forums,players,mentors etc on how to improve the standard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw   Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next