Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw

Go down 
+17
whiteaswhite
Derfil
walsheman
White Bridge
shortgrass
The Oracle
kartman
lastline
TheBigFullForward
Kaiser Sóze
lilyban
Fear An Geata
centreback
Onhisboot
browser
Jimmy winning matches
mrblobby
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
shortgrass
Senior
Senior
shortgrass

Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw   Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 1:07 am

Is there any Kildare ref officiating at the inter-countly level these days?
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw   Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 1:41 am

no
Back to top Go down
TheBigFullForward
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw   Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 1:42 am

A couple of guys like Brendan Hickey and Fergal Barry had done underage intercounty games this year and I think Alan Lagrue has done some hurling.
Back to top Go down
shortgrass
Senior
Senior
shortgrass

PostSubject: Re: Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw   Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 1:43 am

fone wrote:
no

hmmm kind of sums up the standard of refereeing in Kildare, doesn't it ?
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw   Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 1:45 am

TheBigFullForward wrote:
A couple of guys like Brendan Hickey and Fergal Barry had done underage intercounty games this year and I think Alan Lagrue has done some hurling.
only level fergal barry can do is schools football
Back to top Go down
mrblobby
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw   Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 2:00 am

Actually Fionn & Supersub, I'm not defending my team as my team weren't playing in Celbridge yesterday. i was merely a spectator over there yesterday and still feel that the Cloghs really dont have anyone else but themselves to blame, and the abuse laid at the referee and umpires by the Clougherinkoe players and management at the end of the game was completely uncalled for and is the reason why we dont have a higher standard of refereeing, people just dont want to do it coz of the rotten abuse dished out.

Talk on KFM of a replay this morning, not a hope, and quite frankly a bit childish.
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw   Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 2:07 am

How did Peter Kelly play Mr Blobby?
Back to top Go down
mrblobby
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw   Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 2:19 am

He was very good, his tackling and speed were second to none. His apetite for the game is super and he did well in at centre back when house went down to14 men. All that from a guy not even finished learning the trade yet!
Back to top Go down
The Oracle
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw   Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 2:46 am

Fionn my post was long enough as it was so I didn't feel the need to quote the squareball rule to every1. I know what a squareball is at this stage of my life and I was just giving a description of events as I saw it.
To someone who wasn't at the game it sounds like it was a stonewall squareball, which is your opinion and thats fine. For me it wasn't as I feel the guy who scored it timed his run correctly and didn't enter the square b4 the ball did. Maybe the other tmh player was in the square b4 the ball like I already said its a nearly impossible rule to enforce correctly.
My point about it hitting the crossbar is that cloughs could have dealt with it but didn't and you can't rely on refs to always save your skin. That ball should have been cleared by the goalie as nobody actually jumped with him or impeded him.
Its no more controversial than Gravins goal a few mins beforehand. He took a free won 21 yards out dead centre in front of the goals from the 14 yard line over towards the left hand side. Not from the correct position in any mans language! But tmh only have themselves to blame for that as you never let a guy take a quick free from anywhere on the pitch not to mind in front of the goals!
And lastline I can understand your hurting over the defeat but it was the centreback who got the red card!
Back to top Go down
lastline
Intercounty
Intercounty
lastline

PostSubject: Re: Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw   Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 4:52 am

now lads be honest and tell me that none of yis were annoyed only a few weeks ago at benny coulters goal being allowed. well its the very same thing here only this was done 6 mins into injury time which is still a mystery to everybody as to where the ref got it from. i have looked at alot of inter co matches this year and i still find it hard to recall one with 6 mins added. our game was no different than any other game in the fact of injuries or substitutions. i personnally think the ref was playing to make the game a draw and instead of a point a goal was scored. now our season is over thanks to this. the ref is asked to referee a game. not have a bearing on the outcome.
Back to top Go down
mrblobby
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw   Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 5:17 am

ah lastline your a joker, you sound like the sort of guy who'll blame the ref no matter what. Once again, red card wrong decision, played against 14 for nearly an hour and only managed 5 points also youre keeper should have dealt with the high ball.

If you seek blame look to your team. Refs are all terrible end of! Get over it, Kildare had to, Louth had to!!
Back to top Go down
lastline
Intercounty
Intercounty
lastline

PostSubject: Re: Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw   Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 5:29 am

hopefully your club will have to also and then you may see it from a different side. year is over. the same as my discussion with you.
Back to top Go down
browser
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw   Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 6:21 am

I'v been reading this hot topic as it's progressed all day and i'd like to have a speak up on a few things.

For starters lastline i'd like to commend you on coming on here today after yesterdays defeat and wish tmh and Shane Darcy all the best in the rest of the season and with his injury. It's not so often you see such an act of sportsmanship. By all accounts it was a tough way to lose and I'm sure it'll only stand to you.

Secondly Mr. Blobby all your posts indicate that you have some sort of affiliation with tmh whether it be as a player, supporter or mentor even if you say you dont i'm sure most people on here will be thinking you do. Some of your comments directed towards the cloghs player were a tad OTT in my opinion.

Supersub made the most sensible neutral comment iv seen here all day. He knows tmh were not to blame and he knows cloghs were terribly unlucky. The ref/umpires were to blame, if it actually was a square ball. I say if because I wasnt there so I'm only going on what I was reading today. tmh took a chance and it paid off. Not many players out there wouldn't do whatever the tmh players did in order to win a match.

After the Down match every supporter was incensed with the ref and umpires not Benny Coulter as he took a chance and got away with it. That should be the same story here.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw   Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 7:13 am

here here
Back to top Go down
mrblobby
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw   Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 8:08 am

Browser, Walsherman, I take your points but what got my gatt about the complaints lodged both here and on the radio this morning about replays and the like were ridiculous.

Best of luck to the Cloghs next year and to TMH for the rest of this one but if peoples teeatment of referees doesn't change well then the standard wont improve as people wont do the job. Look at your own shortcomings before blaming the ref!!
Back to top Go down
lastline
Intercounty
Intercounty
lastline

PostSubject: Re: Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw   Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 8:47 am

i thank you for your comments browser. as i said earlier the best of luck to tmh and shane darcy. i think they should go on and win it out now. i hope they do. i have no grevience what so ever with there players managemnt or supporters. there a credit to there club. its not 12 mths since they suffered to a late goal in c/ship final. they are doing the right thing and getting back to put right what went wrong last year. it will take a few weeks to accept what happened yesterday but i hope we can replicate tmh and we ourselves come back stronger next year and make sure at that point in the game that a ref can not have a bearing on it. thanks again for all the support and pats on the back especially from the tmh players yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Derfil
Senior
Senior
Derfil

PostSubject: Re: Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw   Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 8:55 am

The best team won. TMH were deserving winners and should win it out at this stage. A bad day for the ref all round. Any word on Darcys injury?
Back to top Go down
mrblobby
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw   Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 8:56 am

well done lastline, thats the spirit
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw   Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 7:21 pm

How do you think you'll do against caragh mrblobby?

Sorry, how do u think TMH will do against caragh?
Back to top Go down
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw   Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 7:57 pm

Anyone know the venue for cappagh and robertstown tomorrow nite?
Back to top Go down
mrblobby
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw   Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 8:01 pm

Fionn having seen Caragh blitz Div 3 this year and the house keep their head above water in div 2 its hard one to call. The house's tails might be up after the weekend but alot will depend on how they handle Caraghs full forward line. Caragh been the surprise package of the season for many people so prob go for them to shade it.

Any word on fixtures yet?
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw   Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 8:35 pm

supersub wrote:
Anyone know the venue for cappagh and robertstown tomorrow nite?

Naas at 8pm
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw   Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 8:37 pm

mrblobby wrote:
Fionn having seen Caragh blitz Div 3 this year and the house keep their head above water in div 2 its hard one to call. The house's tails might be up after the weekend but alot will depend on how they handle Caraghs full forward line. Caragh been the surprise package of the season for many people so prob go for them to shade it.

Any word on fixtures yet?

Caragh V Two Mile House in Naas (TBC) Saturday 2nd October @ 6.00PM
Castlemitchell V Cappagh/Robertstown in Moorefield Saturday 2nd October @ 4.00PM
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw   Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 8:45 pm

Cappagh vs Robertstown wednesday at 8pm

Caragh vs two mile house sarsfield saturday at 3pm
Castlemitchel vs cappagh/ robertstown moorefield saturday at 4pm
Back to top Go down
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw   Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Which is it lads? fones fixtures are on the offical site?

Double header may have been a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw   Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Junior Football Championship Quarter Final / Semi Final Draw
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next