Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Two Mile House

Go down 
+46
Cilldara_2000
shoutitout
KILL BILL
Sam1928
Bān go Lēir
Stonecold
The observer
stanley
lilywhites on tour
totalgaa
lillyboy
mitchelman
bk 1
Pin High
the azzuri
thelads
Gonzo
B'side blues
Kildare98
Rex
kildaregaa365
murof
koala
flourman
Taibi
Caprea
overthebar
Ogie
Moorefieldbhoy
tomoneillandhissisteranne
johnsmyth
kelf
jimmers
Onhisboot
LillieLad
TommyKeegan
Jimmy winning matches
le hit in
fatherted
House Man
SeamusMurphy
Lily8
OutTheGap
kickingking
Bad News Baba
losthope
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Moorefieldbhoy
Junior A
Junior A

Two Mile House - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two Mile House   Two Mile House - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 1:16 am

huge congrats to Two Mile House!! best of luck in the final..
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Two Mile House   Two Mile House - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 1:46 am

Delighted for Two Mile House and everyone in the club. REaping the rewards of doing the right things. I heard Chris Healy was inspirational. And TMH should be an inspiration to every club because they were in some jock not all that awfully long ago.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Two Mile House   Two Mile House - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 1:53 am

Fairplay to the House.. Spot on Ogie, it just goes to show what can be achieved.
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Two Mile House   Two Mile House - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 5:25 am

Congrats to the house, best of luck in the final.......
Back to top Go down
Caprea
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Two Mile House   Two Mile House - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 9:55 am

Great result & performance. So happy for the likes of Niall Browne who could play for any club team in the country but stuck with TMH when they were a joke outfit. Chris Healy & William Burke were also on fire on the day.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Two Mile House   Two Mile House - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 6:29 am

Caprea wrote:
So happy for the likes of Niall Browne who could play for any club team in the country but stuck with TMH when they were a joke outfit.
Jaysus. That was very good of him. He should get an award or something for that.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Two Mile House   Two Mile House - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 6:52 am

I'm sure county / leinster and possible All Ireland medals are reward enough for him

Last edited by flourman on Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
koala
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Two Mile House   Two Mile House - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 8:11 am

I'm not being a party pooper and congrats to the House, but at the end of the day it is only Junior football after all. Standard in Kildare league and championship at that level is bordering on mediocre at the best of times and I'm sure it's the same throughout the rest of Ireland. Huge step up to Intermediate this year for the House. Enjoy your big day in Croker lads!!!!! 
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Two Mile House   Two Mile House - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 8:55 am

Koala, The junior standard must be woeful in Leinster and Ulster if TMH can make it to an AI final. They also have an All Star on their team and also one of the finest minors I've seen in recent years in Chris Healy. They are well equipped to do well in the intermediate level.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Two Mile House   Two Mile House - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 10:31 am

Jesus Koala - I'd love to see what you post when you ARE being a party pooper !!

Immense achievement from a tiny club who I always remember as being just about the weakest in Kildare along with Athgarvan when I was growing up. Do Athgarvan even exist any more?
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Two Mile House   Two Mile House - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 10:40 am

That's why there are different levels, so you can achieve at your own level given resources and quality and so on and it's just as much of an achievement for a club the size of TMH and given the long periods of struggling near the bottom of the pile that they endured as it is for a huge Dublin club with full-time coaches and small counties worth of a pick to achieve at a higher level. You surely can't just measure achievement by the standard it's at. Sure by that logic, senior club champions aren't all that good because it's not intercounty standard therefore let's put it down. As for intercounty, bah, sure that's not even professional and when the Aussies send a strong team to the international rules they took us apart and sure any Irish lad offered a contract goes there but most don't make it. But AFL is only played in one country, unlike volleyball... etc etc. It's ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Onhisboot
Intercounty
Intercounty
Onhisboot

PostSubject: Re: Two Mile House   Two Mile House - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 8:35 pm

koala wrote:
I'm not being a party pooper and congrats to the House, but at the end of the day it is only Junior football after all. Standard in Kildare league and championship at that level is bordering on mediocre at the best of times and I'm sure it's the same throughout the rest of Ireland. Huge step up to Intermediate this year for the House. Enjoy your big day in Croker lads!!!!! 

I presume this is a troll, or if not either comes from jealousy or ignorance
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Two Mile House   Two Mile House - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 8:53 pm

koala wrote:

Hmmm the whiff of jealousy is strong in this one.

Fantastic achievement no ways about it.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Two Mile House   Two Mile House - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 9:08 pm

I wouldn't even dignify that post (koala) with a response :

... although I guess I just have Smile
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Two Mile House   Two Mile House - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 11:56 am

Well done to the House, superb achievement. Would be brilliant to see a Kildare club go the whole way... Would be the first AI at either club or county to arrive in Kildare since 65 U21, would I be right...
Back to top Go down
B'side blues
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Two Mile House   Two Mile House - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 2:25 am

Best of luck to TMH in All Ireland final. Great achievement at any level. Ridiculous comment by Kaola.
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Two Mile House   Two Mile House - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 4:55 am

I'm glad all ye guys got in ahead of me, what a ridiculous post. If they win I think they will be only the second Kildare club team to win an AI title but I'm open to correction on that
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Two Mile House   Two Mile House - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 6:35 am

Yea, after Eadestown Ladies.
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Two Mile House   Two Mile House - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 9:46 am

That's the one I was thinking of kelf, don't know of any others, both clubs would be of similar size
Back to top Go down
Gonzo
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Two Mile House   Two Mile House - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 10:05 am

Koala your a clown to even write that is shameful .Fair play to them.Best of luck lads .
Back to top Go down
fatherted
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Two Mile House   Two Mile House - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 10:25 am

koala wrote:

Hugely disrespectful and bordering on trolling comment. Any team that draws them in the Intermediate Championship will have their hands full. Best of luck Sunday week, I'll be there to shout you on
Back to top Go down
le hit in
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Two Mile House   Two Mile House - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 7:23 pm

Good luck to the House.

What are peoples thoughts on their players being called into Kildare panel?

The minors from last year may get called in to U21's and had a couple on Junior panel last year. what are peoples thought on any of them making a breakthrough?
Back to top Go down
thelads
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Two Mile House   Two Mile House - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 8:09 pm

healy and mark sherry will make the u21 team after that who can say,its a huge gap between junior club and inter county football
Back to top Go down
Caprea
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Two Mile House   Two Mile House - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 2:23 am

Two Mile House will play Fuerty of Roscommon in the Final at 2pm in Croker next Sunday.
Back to top Go down
the azzuri
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Two Mile House   Two Mile House - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 8:35 am

Good luck to t.m.h next week and with the players the have and the players coming through I think the could go well in the intermediate next year and the junior a is hard championship to win
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two Mile House   Two Mile House - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Two Mile House
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next