Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KILDARE V WESTMEATH

Go down 
+31
bob12
Highball
totalgaa
smokey
flourman
johnsmyth
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Son of Sarsfields
Onhisboot
shoeshine
OutTheGap
murof
Jimmy winning matches
LillieLad
lillyboy
Taibi
Rex
Stonecold
Frankel
Sam1928
KILL BILL
The observer
Botch
Flamingo
micky murphy
kildaregaa365
TommyKeegan
kickingking
Westside
kelf
SeamusMurphy
35 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

KILDARE V WESTMEATH Empty
PostSubject: KILDARE V WESTMEATH   KILDARE V WESTMEATH Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 12:44 am

For Me this is a must win Game, and I dont believe there can be any excuses other than a Home win.

My Team to start.

Connolly, O Grady, Campbell, Hyland, F Conway, White, Dan Flynn, Moolick, Hurley, P Cribben, Brophy, Flats, Mulhall, O Connor, N Kelly.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE V WESTMEATH   KILDARE V WESTMEATH Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 12:52 am

With both the lads & Ladies playing Westmeath in their last League games this week-end and both at home it was a perfect opportunity for a Double-Header..................

The Ladies game is on Saturday at 7 in Leixlip's Gleneaston pitch...............

Back to top Go down
Westside
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE V WESTMEATH   KILDARE V WESTMEATH Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 12:52 am

Hate to be negative but if that was the team that lined out I would be worried we'd get beaten well.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE V WESTMEATH   KILDARE V WESTMEATH Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 1:07 am

Well then give Me your choice, or at least tell me the problems You see with it?
I agree its a little different than the norm, but why not shake it up.. Cant do much worse than our previous Game.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE V WESTMEATH   KILDARE V WESTMEATH Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 1:48 am

This match is effectively a challenge match now so it's a good opportunity for experimenting with a few players in problem positions of which there are many. I'd go with:
GK: Connolly
FB: O'Grady, P Kelly, Fitzpatrick or Campbell
HB: Hyland, Flynn, Bolton (Murnaghan or McGrillen if he's unfit)
MF: Hurley (White, O'Neill or Lynch if he's still 'suspended'), Moolick (interchange with Flynn when he goes forward)
HF: P Cribbin (K Cribbin or Leper if he's not involved), O'Flaherty, N Kelly
FF: Mulhall, Fogarty (TOC if he's unfit), Brophy (interchange with N Kelly for kickouts)

I'd like to see how Dan Flynn would get on in a half back role. I think he would be more suited to it than the Cribbins. Tom Connor will almost certainly start in the championship but it would be good for Fogarty to stake a claim for a spot in the forwards if he's available this Sunday. I don't think he has actually started either a league or championship game for the seniors yet.

Peter Kelly, Niall Kelly, Bolton and Dan Flynn need games under their belts to build up some match sharpness. Campbell and/or Fitzpatrick deserve a run at this stage with the way the full back line has been going and with Ollie Lyons still out.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE V WESTMEATH   KILDARE V WESTMEATH Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 2:19 am

Win and it's as expected, lose and it's a disaster. It's a no-win game at a time when we must win games!
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE V WESTMEATH   KILDARE V WESTMEATH Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 2:42 am

KKK I believe Podge is out with a hamstring problem.. other than that Your Team isnt that different than my proposed One..
I wouldnt disagree with You on Dan at CB either.. I recall Him playing at FB for JTB a few Years ago, and He was a natural..
Id love to see Paddy tried at Centre Forward, with His direct running style..He is very versatile and can play anywhere from Mid Field up.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE V WESTMEATH   KILDARE V WESTMEATH Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 5:11 am

I suggested Dan for FB a while back. What Foley is lacking is the pace needed for the current game (on all evidence). Unfortunately both FB and CB are problem positions - it would be a real bonus if Dan did indeed prove to be a natural for one of them. Eoin Doyle could be the longer term CB solution but park ably worth giving Chalky another go this week end. Haven't decided on my team for this week end - I'll announce it Friday like Kildare always seem to (in stark contrast to Cork who seem to announce on a Tuesday). I'm assuming those players dropped for tactical reasons will be back available for different tactical reasons this week.

Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE V WESTMEATH   KILDARE V WESTMEATH Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 7:43 pm

Interesting for Paul Bealin, the last time he was around the GAA in Kildare Monasterevan were running him out of the county!!!
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE V WESTMEATH   KILDARE V WESTMEATH Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 10:30 pm

Dan Flynn was a good FB at club level but he would make mistakes with pace to recover. It'd be an awful waste of his open running to have him in there. Throw him in the middle I think.
Also I presume as there were no discipline issues all the lads are available?!
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE V WESTMEATH   KILDARE V WESTMEATH Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 10:39 pm

Said it before and I will say it again. Bealin is an overrated spoofer just in it for the cash. Anyway back to the game. I fully expect a win this weekend. No excuses. I know it does not count for anything but important in my eyes to get back to winning ways in front of a home crowd. I think some lads who we have not seen may get a run like Bolton. Lads "missing" last week should be back also so I expect a bit more confidence in our play and our body language.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE V WESTMEATH   KILDARE V WESTMEATH Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 10:48 pm

I was chatting a WH club chairman recently and he was laughing over that lads appointment. Surely they would have asked someone within Monasterevin 'So what's he like?'
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE V WESTMEATH   KILDARE V WESTMEATH Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 12:01 am

I think Bealins record with WM so far is similar to what it was with Monasterevan  Embarassed 
I saw Dans Younger Brother Luke play FB with JTB last term, could be One for that position for the future, that is if we dont lose Him to the Aussies also..
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE V WESTMEATH   KILDARE V WESTMEATH Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 12:07 am

I think long term Luke is happier in there and has pace (not as fast as Dan but few are).
In the here and now if we don't win on Sunday then it's looking v bad for the Leinster champ with zero morale.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE V WESTMEATH   KILDARE V WESTMEATH Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 1:29 am

Did anyone hear anything about a bust up at training ?
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE V WESTMEATH   KILDARE V WESTMEATH Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 2:46 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:

Sure it's only the league. If true, I expect some on here to put a positive spin on it! Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
Westside
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE V WESTMEATH   KILDARE V WESTMEATH Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 3:13 am

Hopefully because it will mean lads are competing hard for places.
Back to top Go down
The observer
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE V WESTMEATH   KILDARE V WESTMEATH Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 3:37 am

It wouldnt be the first time thats happened from stories ive heard mcgeeney used to encourage it
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE V WESTMEATH   KILDARE V WESTMEATH Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 8:01 pm

Was the County Board involved?  Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE V WESTMEATH   KILDARE V WESTMEATH Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 8:11 pm

TommyKeegan wrote:
SeamusMurphy wrote:

Sure it's only the league. If true, I expect some on here to put a positive spin on it! Rolling Eyes 

..beats the negative spin put on everything by "some on here"

I prefer somewhere in the middle myself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE V WESTMEATH   KILDARE V WESTMEATH Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 9:49 pm

Sam1928 wrote:

..beats the negative spin put on everything by "some on here"

I prefer somewhere in the middle myself.

Some call it reality, other's call it negativity. Each to their own.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE V WESTMEATH   KILDARE V WESTMEATH Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 12:13 am

The observer wrote:
It wouldnt be the first time thats happened from stories ive heard mcgeeney used to encourage it

Might not have envolved Players alone..
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE V WESTMEATH   KILDARE V WESTMEATH Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 12:14 am

No team announced this morning?

Too many "tactical" changes needed?
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE V WESTMEATH   KILDARE V WESTMEATH Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 12:20 am

Probably waiting to see who goes to Coppers Tonight before making any more tactical changes  Suspect Suspect 
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE V WESTMEATH   KILDARE V WESTMEATH Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 12:55 am

Good call Seamus see you there!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE V WESTMEATH   KILDARE V WESTMEATH Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KILDARE V WESTMEATH
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next