Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm

Go down 
+22
Flamingo
Carburyhill
topcat
murof
KFSAM
Gaa1928
Cilldara_2000
Bad News Baba
lillyboy
kildaregaa365
Lily8
SeamusMurphy
micky murphy
OutTheGap
Jimmy winning matches
Ogie
Onhisboot
moatesports
kelf
LillieLad
kickingking
Ohtoohtobe
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm Empty
PostSubject: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 9:51 am

Talk seems to be turning to this game so I thought I'd create a new thread.

We destroyed them last year but they seem a completely different proposition now they've got rid of Bealin. Beat Laois and nearly beat Galway. Therefore, the way both teams are going, I'd rate our chances as about 50-50.

We desperately need a win, any type of win but I'd fear if we set up as defensively as we've been doing we're inviting trouble. This is a game where we should go for it and play the attacking football we did last year.

Hard to predict a starting line-up with the doubt over who'll be fit but in general what do people think the team should be?
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 9:53 am

The u21s will be out a few days after so probably unlikely that Kelly or Hyland will start.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 12:07 am

Whats the story with Cribbin, Smith, McNally and Bolton any closer to coming back?
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 1:23 am

This is a very winable game for Kildare.
WH rely on Heslin frees for a lot of their scores so cutting out unnecessary fouls at the back is a must and if they can do that I would expect a 4 or 5 point win.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 5:21 am

westmeath are a good unit no super star but are playing as a team k martin a very good hard player mid field is a problem for them at the moment
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
Onhisboot
Intercounty
Intercounty
Onhisboot

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 10:00 am

My wishlist for next Sunday

1) A forward line (more than one player)
2) A strong defensive structure inside our own 45, not 14 players in our own half.
3) Better tackling,no easy frees given away in scoreable positions
4) that we create more goal scoring chances
5) leadership, stubborn determination, belief and confidence
6) To finish the game out strongly
7) A Win

Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 10:13 am

e.s.b. wrote:
My wishlist for next Sunday

1) A forward line (more than one player)
2) A strong defensive structure inside our own 45, not 14 players in our own half.
3) Better tackling,no easy frees given away in scoreable positions
4) that we create more goal scoring chances
5) leadership, stubborn determination, belief and confidence
6) To finish the game out strongly
7) A Win

You left out world peace and an end to famine
Back to top Go down
Onhisboot
Intercounty
Intercounty
Onhisboot

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 10:58 am

no, I don't think world peace and end to famine are in the job description, whereas 1 to 7 are fairly straight forward requirements for a football team but were lacking the last day out
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 1:37 am

Sorry. Too soon.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 2:00 am

maybe 10 per cent off esb
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2015 9:14 am

see gary white and padraig fogarty played in in paudi o se tournament at weekend for defence forces and they won it
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2015 9:14 am

see gary white and padraig fogarty played in in paudi o se tournament at weekend  for defence forces  and they won it
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2015 10:00 pm

Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2015 10:55 pm

Good to see us getting closer to full strength. Paul Cribbin wasn't mentioned - does anyone know if he's available for selection?

Kildare have received a boost ahead of their NFL Division Two clash against Westmeath on Sunday.

The Lilywhites will have Daniel Flynn, Emmet Bolton, Alan Smith and Mikey Conway available for selection after the quartet returned to full training having recovered from their respective injuries.

However, they are still without Tommy Moolick, Daryl Flynn, Jimmy Gately, Danny Egan and Cathal McNally for the visit of the Lake County.

Kildare need a win to have any hope of avoiding a relegation dogfight, but they have come out on top in recent meetings with the Midlanders.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 3:58 am

Good stuff we need a full strength panel i personally cant understand the amount of injuries we pick up compared to other counties always a minimum of 5 out.

Can't understand how Mikey Conway is still part of the panel - good guy and decent player however surely there must be a better way of getting him right the man hasn't put a few games together for a long time now, maybe let him play a season with Nurney or something but whatever is currently happenning is not working - don't have the answer but frustrating scenario for all especially when you see guys being cut from panels and him left there which must be frustrating for the lads being cut from the panel looking in from the outside, for clarity i am not doubting his ability i am doubting his ability to prove his worth to the team.

Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 11:54 am

In light of all this what starting line-up would people go with?
The defence almost picks itself. Midfield and half-forward line the obvious problem areas.
I'd go with something like:
1 Donnellan
2 Fitzpatrick
3 Kelly
4 O'Grady
5 Doyle
6 Conway
7 Bolton (if he's not ready, then Lyons here)
8 Lynch (if fit; if not, then O'Neill, with Leper into h-f line)
9 Moolick (if ready)
10 Flats
11 O'Neill (shame about Niall Kelly)
12 Paul Cribbin (if ready, maybe Keith or Leper otherwise)
13 Mulhall
14 Smith (Fogarty if Alan's not ready but I think we really need Smith's bite)
15 Dowling
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 10:59 pm

Who has first call on N Kelly and Hylo ?. are they available for selection on Sunday ?
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 11:52 pm

FYI.. Kildare 1/3. Westmeath 3/1. 15/2 Draw.
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 1:33 am

Gary Connaughton is back for Westmeath - hopefully we can keep him busy on Sunday...

Westmeath (FL Division 2 v Kildare) – Gary Connaughton; Mark McCallon, Kevin Maguire, John Gilligan; Killian Daly, Kieran Martin, John Egan; Paddy Holloway, John Heslin; Paul Sharry, Ger Egan, Jamie Gonoud; Lorcan Smith, Callum McCormack, Denis Glennon.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 3:21 am

For some reason a draw to me looks a good bet on this one! hopefully not but
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 7:02 am

I know these have improved since last year and we have looked to have regressed but if we draw or lose to these serious questions have to be asked. I think we will win the break would have do us well and we have players like Bolton, Smith and Cribbo coming back. Kildare by 5.
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 8:51 am

Team for Sunday announced:
Mark Donnellan
Ollie Lyons
Ciaran Fitzpatrick
Mick O'Grady
Keith Cribbin
Daryel O'Brien
Eoin Doyle
Hugh Lynch
Padraig O'Neill
Eoghan O'Flaherty
Eamonn Callaghan
Paul Cribbin
Darroch Mulhall
Fionn Dowling
Padraig Fogarty
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 9:30 am

Is Peter Kelly injured again or just not selected? I would have expected Fergal Conway to have taken the centre back spot by now. O'Brien has done okay but I think Conway is the better long term bet. Good to see Paul Cribbin back.

There are only 2 changes since the Meath game (Lynch for Chalky and P Crbbin for Kelly) I think some players are lucky to have been selected again and need to deliver in this match.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 10:58 am

Decent team would have liked to see Fergal Conway in there too, absolutely delighted to see Paul Cribbin back he's fast tenacious and has skill which is badly needed. Hope to god P Kelly isn't injured hope it's just precautionary measures.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 11:11 am

I worry about Keith and O'Brien defensively and taking Peter Kelly out seems strange if he's not injured.
No Niall Kelly either, and Smith, Bolton and Moolick not ready yet obviously. That leaves us a long way short of full strength. I think we might scrape a win but 3-1 for Westmeath looks good value.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm   Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Westmeath, 1 Mar, 2pm
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next