Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ladies championship fixtures

Go down 
+7
TheManInTheStands
ReturnPass
BarrowHermoine
Ogie
losthope
kelf
Topman
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Topman
Junior C
Junior C

Ladies championship fixtures Empty
PostSubject: Ladies championship fixtures   Ladies championship fixtures Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 10:06 pm

Hey folks, does anybody know if the championship fixtures have been released yet? If they have would somebody post them up? Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ladies championship fixtures   Ladies championship fixtures Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 12:42 am

Draws normally at April CB which may be next Tue, 29th ( or is it tonite ??)

If you post the question on Kildare Ladies FB page Donal Fitz normally responds sharpish.............

Dates for the games may have been in the Fixture Calendar issued back in Dec/Jan............( I don't have it !!)
Back to top Go down
Topman
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Ladies championship fixtures   Ladies championship fixtures Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 1:03 am

No worries, thanks Smile Do you know the grading's by any chance?
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ladies championship fixtures   Ladies championship fixtures Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 3:38 am

Sorry Topman, I don't have grading's or even know if they have been done............. not in the loop for info............
Back to top Go down
Topman
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Ladies championship fixtures   Ladies championship fixtures Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 4:22 am

Not to worry, I just heard thst there will be a local derby between Monasterevan and Ballykelly so I was just being curious to see if it was true or not Smile
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ladies championship fixtures   Ladies championship fixtures Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 5:06 am

I'll ask around for you top man, haven't heard it mentioned round the club yet, but I'm sure if true it will get the attention it deserves, locally anyway Wink
Back to top Go down
Topman
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Ladies championship fixtures   Ladies championship fixtures Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 8:30 pm

Oh, I thought that both teams would be competing in the intermediate championship maybe I am
wrong  Question  Would make for a mouth watering clash though considering the history between the clubs.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ladies championship fixtures   Ladies championship fixtures Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 2:23 am

Topman wrote:
Oh, I thought that both teams would be competing in the intermediate championship maybe I am
wrong  Question  Would make for a mouth watering clash though considering the history between the clubs.

What history is that? The local derby thing? Sure Ballykelly and Monasterevin have met plenty of times at a variety of grades and levels in the last 60-odd years - it'll just be another local derby. A bit of craic and probably an unfortunate element of bile for an hour and forgotten about again until the next clash, be it U10 boys or junior or ladies football. Will be a great day for the underage coaches to see so many of their graduates on the one pitch though.
Back to top Go down
BarrowHermoine
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Ladies championship fixtures   Ladies championship fixtures Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 8:06 pm

Couple of interesting points you have made there TOPMAN.

Interesting you should mention history.
Considering Ballykelly are the only club in the parish with any sort of history in ladies football, why are you only mentioning it now?

From what I hear of gradings, there will be a considerable push to have the blue side of Monasterevin moved up to senior. Anybody heard anything about this?
Back to top Go down
Topman
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Ladies championship fixtures   Ladies championship fixtures Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 11:25 pm

Do you think that will happen? Would that not be very unfair considering thry have had to make a step up in grade already this year.
In regard to the whole history thing, what I said was that there was history between the clubs I never said anything about either club having more history than the other in ladies football. I personlly think its great that there is two teams as strong as they are in such a small town.
Back to top Go down
BarrowHermoine
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Ladies championship fixtures   Ladies championship fixtures Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 4:53 am

What step up in grade have they made?

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on how strong both teams are aswell. Considering one club has shamelessly carried out a poaching campaign over the last few years.

But go on, do tell me your thoughts please
Back to top Go down
Topman
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Ladies championship fixtures   Ladies championship fixtures Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 10:48 pm

Am I wrong in saying that they won the junior A championship last year and have already made the move up to the division 2 league this year? Winning the junior A last year automatically steps them up to intermediate for the championship this year, correct me if I'm wrong?
In regard to my comments about having 2 strong teams in the one town what I meant was that both teams have won an awful lot at both grades over the last number of years and I personally think it's a great thing to see.
In regard to the poaching of players by one club, I don't know enough about the situation to comment!
Back to top Go down
Topman
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Ladies championship fixtures   Ladies championship fixtures Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 10:50 pm

*that was meant to say both teams have won a lot at all grades!
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ladies championship fixtures   Ladies championship fixtures Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 11:54 pm

Leaving aside the local rivalry which I am not going to engage in as it usually descends into a slagging match (view previous threads) but I think its quite remarkable that underage ladies football in the town/parish is so strong in comparison to other more populated areas. I know my own club following its trials and tribulations over the last few years (see previous threads) are in a good place. The senior team while in transition is starting to bring through some fine young players and it won't be long till they are back to winning ways.

Topman what's you thoughts on the rumour regarding you ladies being moved up, personally I think it would be unfair as I don't think they are nearly ready yet ??
Back to top Go down
Topman
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Ladies championship fixtures   Ladies championship fixtures Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 2:24 am

It's not that I think that they're not ready yet, I'm sure if they had to step up and play senior then I'm sure they would but could find themselves out of depth. It's just that I would find it very unfair if they had to make a jump from junior A to senior in the same year, it's something that I don't think we would ever see happen in men's football matter how strong the team are so why should it happen in ladies football?
Back to top Go down
BarrowHermoine
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Ladies championship fixtures   Ladies championship fixtures Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 3:52 am

You're sure they could step up but may struggle?

So tell me Topman. How did your games go against the decent teams in Div 2 go this year? How did your recent semi final with Sarsfields go?

You say it would be unfair and claim to know nothing of recent transfer activities by your club and a particular parent. But you claim to know of the strengths of both clubs.

Unfair is poaching 10 or more players, some from Intermediate clubs, and playing them against Junior D clubs.
So maybe its just a bit of karma rather than unfairness....

And why do you compare GAA with ladies football? They are seperate associations with seperate rules & organising bodies. What happens in one is of no consequence to the other.
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ladies championship fixtures   Ladies championship fixtures Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 4:14 am

They would only going up one grade inter to senior but I'd agree with you it would be unfair, there is a massive gulf between the top teams and the rest, this is made all the more glaring by the tendency of county players from smaller clubs to transfer into these clubs to the detrement of their own and everyone else, (one club had to disband because of this), I've only seen it apply the other way once. Just to clarify the rumour I heard relates to the league not the championship and hinges around the number of teams in each division and how it would affect clubs would depend on the number teams in each division. Personally I think this years format of having 1 round in a 6 team div giving you 5 games is not enough football 8 or 10 teams would be better
Back to top Go down
Topman
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Ladies championship fixtures   Ladies championship fixtures Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 4:48 am

I claim to know the strengths of both clubs because I don't live in a hole and the news of victories and success travels around a small town like monasterevan and I know that Ballykelly were a domineering force in ladies football for a long time. I am honestly very vaguely aware of any poaching that went on because I have not been very active in the club for a long time.
They finished 3rd in the league and lost to eadestown and sarsfields who finished above them. Sarsfields then beat them by a considerable amount in the semi final so what would be the reasoning to move them up a grade? It's not as if they completely dominated the league! Do you know what teams will be in the championship with them?
I would agree with you there ballyboy, it shortens the format of the league considerably and leaves a long gap for teams to wait for the championship to begin!
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ladies championship fixtures   Ladies championship fixtures Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 6:05 am

Ballykelly, Castlemitchell, Monasterevin, Naas and Sarsfields. The Sash would have to be favourites, with Noelle Earley back on board they will be hard to manage, there won't be much between the rest
Back to top Go down
Topman
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Ladies championship fixtures   Ladies championship fixtures Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 6:25 am

From what I seem on Tuesday night against Monasterevan, Noelle Earley wasn't the problem and they seemed to handle her fairly well! It was the wing forward and corner forward that did most of the damage. But I do agree with you that they would have to be favourites! I can't see eadestown beating them in the league final either!
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ladies championship fixtures   Ladies championship fixtures Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 6:56 pm

Rosin Byrne was more than likely thé half forward, when Noëlle gets back into her stride she will cause lots of problems, not sure who the corner forward is.
Back to top Go down
ReturnPass
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Ladies championship fixtures   Ladies championship fixtures Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 8:44 pm

To answer your question Topman, Intermediate championship this year consists of Sarsfields, Castlemitchell, Naas, Ballykelly and Monasterevan.

And I can't help but comment on some of your claims. Firstly, and with all due respect. Ballykelly have never dominated ladies football. They have a strong and proud tradition in ladies football and have had some fine success at underage and the occasional at junior. To say they have dominated is a fallacy.

Youre quite smart and say you "don't live in a hole" yet you plead ignorance when it comes to your club's garnering of players from a few different clubs.

You refer to playing one round of the league as shortening the format of the league. Can I ask, was your club delegate present when the vote was taken on the format of this years league? If he was, and if he reported back to the club (as he is mandated to do) then you will realise that the clubs voted on this format as it suits the availablility of players at a particularly tricky time of the year  for lady footballers.

And finally, you claim to have handled Noelle "fairly well" and that the "wing forward and corner forward" did all the damage.

Were you smoking something?

Noelle may not have ran up a big individual score but did you miss her dropping out the field in the second half to handle a ton of ball and pull all the strings?
Did you miss the 3, 4 and 5 players overlapping at will when Sarsfields attacked?
Did you miss the Monasterevan players inability to mark their own direct opponent throughout the game?  And did you miss the fact that the pace of the Sarsfields game had your team destoryed from early on?

Perhaps I may have seen the game differently. But I would love to hear your thoughts on the game.
Back to top Go down
ReturnPass
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Ladies championship fixtures   Ladies championship fixtures Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 8:20 am

Topman you've read my message a couple of times over the last 2 days. Is it that hard for you to understand what I said? Would you like me to break it down for you? Smile
Back to top Go down
Topman
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Ladies championship fixtures   Ladies championship fixtures Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 9:39 pm

I actually only seen your reply there now! Firstly when I said I don't live in a hole that was regarding me being aware of ballykelly and monasterevans success over the last few years. As I have stated already I am not an active member of monasterevan but I do follow their teams so I am not aware of any poaching that went on.
Once again I am not an active member of the club so I don't know if the delegate was at the meeting or not, that was just my opinion maybe the opinion of the rest of the club is different I don't know!
Regarding the sarsfields game what I said was also my opinion (I think I'm entitled to that) maybe we did see the game differently but that was my opinion and I'm sticking to it. But to say the pace of the sarsfields game had monasterevan destroyed early on? Were they not 3-02 to 0-01 up after the first 20 mins? I know sarsfields got back into the game quick enough with two quick goals but monasterevan certainly weren't off the pace in the 1st 20 minutes of the game.
Back to top Go down
ReturnPass
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Ladies championship fixtures   Ladies championship fixtures Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 10:48 pm

Wow......... it always amazes me how people attending the same game yet choose to view things entirely differently.

I'll agree, your team did get 3 quick goals which was quite surprising. Sarsfields were spending a lot of time in your half, yet coughed up 3 goals on counter attacks.
You are indeed correct, it was 3-2 to 0-1 after 20 mins or so. But the final score was something like 4-13 to 3-4.
That means your side scored only 2 points for the final 40 mins. Would that be right?

You say not off the pace. I recall your two corner backs being completely cleaned out from start to finish. Your centre back looked to be switched off her player after a few mins and one of the defenders should been sent off for pulling the Sarsfields girl hair as she ran past.

I mentioned previously about Noelle pulling all the strings for the Sash in the second half. Did you spot that?

Look its no shame losing to an established and hard working team like Sarsfields. Their underage players have worked hard to build on the reputations they earned at underage.
Seems to me like you guys have a few ego's who think they're a lot better than they really are.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ladies championship fixtures   Ladies championship fixtures Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ladies championship fixtures
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next