Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare player of the championship

Go down 
+15
stanley
flourman
Ohtoohtobe
kildaregaa365
micky murphy
Onhisboot
OutTheGap
SeamusMurphy
Gonzo
overthebar
kickingking
topcat
bag of white
lillyboy
Westside
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Gonzo
Junior A
Junior A

Kildare player of the championship - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare player of the championship   Kildare player of the championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 5:03 am

I see that it's a hard job at the moment.I don't think there will be to many in for it.Westmeath better of getting an up and coming manager from the area that has seen them from a young age.
Back to top Go down
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

PostSubject: Re: Kildare player of the championship   Kildare player of the championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 5:19 am

Fergal Conway player of the year, exactly what we were missing in the half back line. He is a leader in the making if he continues on from his first season. Honourable mentions for Moolick, Smithy and Ollie Lyons.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare player of the championship   Kildare player of the championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 5:36 am

Good post Umpire. I take the point on Kelly and Leper, although I don't think fitness was Leper's problem - it was his decision making on far too many occasions. Maybe you can put that down to lack of match sharpness. He certainly stays up there as one of my favourite players of the last 10 years, and I hope he can find his form again.

O'Neill gets a really bad press at times. I suspect he is the first name on Ryan's teamsheet as he knows he will get 100% effort and generally a good performance no matter where he plays him. Good shout for most consistent player. By the way, he also missed pre-season but it doesn't seem to have done him much harm (albeit he didn't have surgery, just a wedding!)
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare player of the championship   Kildare player of the championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 8:49 am

Who would believe that so much could change in a year? Donnellan taking over and doing so well in goal, O'Grady and Mulhall bursting on the scene in the league and then both missing the championship, Foley and McGrillen unable to put their poor league form behind them and Fitzpatrick finally getting a chance and taking it so well?
Flynn not playing any part and Moolick emerging as our best midfielder, Conway looking like he was born to be a no. 6 and Keith rather than Paul a regular starter?
Smith shedding some bulk and rediscovering the form of 09 and Fogarty getting some starts?
Who knows what next year will bring? Well apart from poor TOC being substituted in every game!
As for our best player this year any one of Lyons, Conway, Paidi, Moolick or Smith who all did really well.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare player of the championship   Kildare player of the championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 12:24 am

Great to see You so positive murof.. If we had lost to Claire as we should have, would we be as positive, and be as happy to get behind JR ?
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Kildare player of the championship   Kildare player of the championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 5:38 am

alan smith for me
Back to top Go down
gmaccc
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare player of the championship   Kildare player of the championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 5:42 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
gmaccc, Paudies conversion rate in terms of Points scored versus shots taken is fairly poor imo, and Im pretty sure the stats would back Me up here.. any decent Forwards Coach will tell You to shoot in the scoring zone and not from 50 Yards and behond, any moron would / should know that.

Where is this scoring zone that you refer to. Designating scoring zones creates fear to shoot. Pull the trigger is what I say. Trying to run through blanket defences in particular is the fruitless exercise and energy sapping. Any moron as you say knows that
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare player of the championship   Kildare player of the championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 7:18 am

Dublin don't seem to have much problem running through blanket defences. If a team has excellent support play and pace, running through the blanket defense is a hell of a lot more functional than taking on low percentage shots from out the field or kicking possession down the sweeper(s) throat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare player of the championship   Kildare player of the championship - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare player of the championship
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2