Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare Player of the Year

Go down 
+18
Could'nt Trap Cement
Always_White
Jimmy winning matches
if_in_doubt
tomcruise
shortgrass
Loads of Pints
Misneach
steviegenius
kickingking
kartman
shoutitout
walsheman
Rex
Stonecold
analysis
peile
wingback
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
wingback
Senior
Senior

Location : Two Mile House and Poulaphouca, Blacktrench, Cutbush and Boolea

Kildare Player of the Year Empty
PostSubject: Kildare Player of the Year   Kildare Player of the Year Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 10:58 pm

It has been a great year for Kildare after an indifferent league campaign, I thought it might be an interesting thread for people to list who is your Kildare Player of the Year so far and why?

JD/ Leper/ James Kavanagh are the likely candidates but lads like Peter Kelly, Alan Smith, P. O Neill are making a huge impact in the championship also. Your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
peile
Intercounty
Intercounty
peile

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Year   Kildare Player of the Year Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 11:14 pm

This is a tough call because this bunch of lads are true and true team players. JD and Earley always spring to mind when this question is posed and Leper and Jimmers have made headlines on different occassions. However, for me, our most improved and more importantly most consistent player is Daryl Flynn. He has been brilliant all year and really stood up against Meath when he was needed most.
Back to top Go down
analysis
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Year   Kildare Player of the Year Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 11:17 pm

Leper for me,with exception of meath game, has been outstanding, playing a tough role, his fitness, tacking, and the ability to run up field and take a score when needed, I believe he will shine v Down, don't think he particularly did anything wrong against meath either, the tactic of playing him as an extra back just didn't work as well and he wasn't getting enough ball.

But definatelty agree about Daryl Flynn, memories of the Antrim game in Newbridge always bring Flynn to mind, he was outstanding that tough day, and work rate is phenomenol, has been superb all year,

but as you said , this is the first year for me that one single player doesn't completely stand out , the team element has been strong all year - players playing for each other and supporting each other, has just been super to watch
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Year   Kildare Player of the Year Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 11:33 pm

At this moment in time Daryl Flynn
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Year   Kildare Player of the Year Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 11:43 pm

Again at the moment Flynn or Peter Kelly just for the impact he has had on the defence.

I'd give the vote to Flynn but a lot of football to be played yet.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Year   Kildare Player of the Year Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 12:05 am

Im gonna go with Leper,has been immense since the qualifers started against antrim!!
Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Year   Kildare Player of the Year Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 1:23 am

For me at the moment it is Flynn but there is a lot of ball to be played yet (lets hope) and a number of players could get it yet, Kavanagh, JD, Smith, P. Kelly.
Back to top Go down
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Year   Kildare Player of the Year Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 1:29 am

Flynn for me,he's beein immense all year,consistently playing well.Of course it wont mean much if if stops playin well now.

Peter kelly young player of the year(if theres such thing)
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Year   Kildare Player of the Year Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 1:35 am

Between Flynn, Leper and Morgan Flats for me.

JD as good as he's been, has had better years in lesser sides IMO. Jimmers has been brilliant since we hit Croke Park but I thought he was quiet enough by his standards in some of the earlier qualifiers - both Antrim & Derry games, in fairness to him though he was probably our best forward in the rain against Leitrim.
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Year   Kildare Player of the Year Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 1:38 am

Hard to say who at the moment who is the player of the year others come to mind Morgan o Flats probably the most consistent with his roll nearly starts all the attacks from the back Flynn Kelly JD Kavanagh hopefully by the end of the year they will give the award to the whole team.
Back to top Go down
Misneach
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Year   Kildare Player of the Year Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 1:44 am

At this moment there are so many contenders but I still can't look beyond JD. 1-43 (according to Wiki) and counting.

All year he has as usual been immense. Even against Monaghan when he had left his shooting boots at home he worked like a trojan and made a huge contribution to the winning of the game. Then he came back against Meath with, apart from the very early fluff, his shooting boots back on again!

One of many players showing sheer class for us this year.
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Year   Kildare Player of the Year Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 2:02 am

Its amazing to see that outside of the county people seem to be acknowledging the contributions of players who make headlines such as Jimmers, JD and even Dermot, however nobody outside of the county seems to be acknowledging the contribution and consistency of the likes of Flynner Kelly and even the improvement of Bolton and these lads.

Suppose it goes to show that we are still a relative unknown bar the usual 'reliables', not a bad place to be!
Back to top Go down
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Year   Kildare Player of the Year Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 2:10 am

Doyle is 2nd fav at 4/1 to be AI Ireland player of the year so i suppose that says something.

After all the times we thought he should have gotten,or derserved an all star,especially 2008 when he was also top scorer,how good would it be to see him recieve player of the year.
Back to top Go down
shortgrass
Senior
Senior
shortgrass

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Year   Kildare Player of the Year Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 2:27 am

Be better to see him with an all-ireland winner's medal..
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Year   Kildare Player of the Year Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 2:37 am

Senior player of the year : Daryl Flynn

Who said that I do not like the Newbridge clubs ?

Young player of the year : Eoghan Flats or Peter Kelly

Most talked about Kildare player this year outside of Kildare : James Kavanagh

A lot of people now think that he is our best player Razz

Countrywide player of the year : Gooch ( by far the best player of his generation )

Sulk of the year : Jack O'Connor or Mickey Harte

All - Ireland champs 2010 : Cill Dara flower
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Year   Kildare Player of the Year Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 2:52 am

Rear of the year: Julie Davis!! cheers
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Year   Kildare Player of the Year Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 3:06 am

Rear of the year : Walsheman ????????????????????
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Year   Kildare Player of the Year Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 3:08 am

tomcruise wrote:

what you two lads do in your own time is your own personal business.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Year   Kildare Player of the Year Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 3:18 am

JME wrote:
tomcruise wrote:

what you two lads do in your own time is your own personal business.
rear of the year is that midfielder for kildare womens team bounce the captain bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Year   Kildare Player of the Year Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 5:09 am

In terms of big performances when we've needed them most then I'd say it'd be a toss up between JD and Jimmers, both have been outstanding over the last few games.

For consistency and all round improvement from last year then for me it has to be Daryl Flynn, covers every inch of the pitch, does all the ugly, donkey work around midfield that no panelist or analyst seems to notice and does a lot of good work defensively (catching balls under his own crossbar in injury time in the last two matches). Really stepped up to the mark when we were without Dermot and if he got half as much recognition as Galvin and Keenan he'd be a cert for an All Star.

Bolton has also been very impressive and consistent, wins a lot of breaking ball around the middle third and makes some great breaks forward to pop over the odd point or two.

For young player of the year, then it's between Peter Kelly and O'Flatherty. Kelly has transformed the full back line, definitely find of the year. Young O'Flatherty changed the game when he came on against Monaghan, was unlucky not to start after starting against Derry, and was again very lively against Meath. Probably deserves to be young player of the year for the sole reason of having the balls to look JD in the eyes, and take the ball off him for a '45 against Meath.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Year   Kildare Player of the Year Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 5:12 am

give award to team they are all winners

Last edited by fone on Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Always_White
Intermediate
Intermediate
Always_White

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Year   Kildare Player of the Year Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 7:41 am

I'd give it to JD for his workrate, leadership and scoring with Morgan O'Flats a close second.
Back to top Go down
Could'nt Trap Cement
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Year   Kildare Player of the Year Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 8:01 am

john doyle or kavanagh for me
Back to top Go down
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Year   Kildare Player of the Year Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 8:07 am

Loads of Pints wrote:
Rear of the year: Julie Davis!! cheers

Oi!! You ain't see nuttin yet. My pert buns will be on show in Croker this year. You'll be changing your choice after that.

Daryll Flynn for me. Has really upped his game again this year.
Back to top Go down
ripvanwinkle
Senior
Senior
ripvanwinkle

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Year   Kildare Player of the Year Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 4:18 am

i think callaghan is a class player but wasnt he also taken off against antrim in first game so hed have to be ruled out.... Dermot Earley not mentioned??? Very strange to be honest. Bolton has improved but still way 2 many mistakes. Flynn so far would have to get its for consitency.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Year   Kildare Player of the Year Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare Player of the Year
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next