Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

International Rules

Go down 
+11
Rex
kildaregaa365
TommyKeegan
Caprea
Ogie
SeamusMurphy
flourman
OutTheGap
Ohtoohtobe
teedee
MD
15 posters
AuthorMessage
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

International Rules Empty
PostSubject: International Rules   International Rules Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 8:44 pm

Anyone know if we have any lads on the panel for this?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: International Rules   International Rules Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 9:18 pm

Cribben & Doyle training at the moment
Back to top Go down
teedee
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: International Rules   International Rules Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 3:25 am

would imagine that brophy and hurley would be considered! both lads training full time with the top 2 teams in oz!
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: International Rules   International Rules Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 1:20 pm

Teedee neither of them anywhere near playing their first AFL game so it'd be a bit premature to have them in the Ireland team I think
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: International Rules   International Rules Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2015 11:24 pm

Well done to Eoin Doyle and Paul Cribben
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: International Rules   International Rules Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 1:16 am

Well done to the 2 lads who are on the 23 man squad for the match.

Ireland squad:
1 Niall Morgan (Tyrone)
2 Colm Begley (Laois)
3 Gary Brennan (Clare)
4 Bernard Brogan (Dublin) CAPT.
5 Eoin Cadogan (Cork)
9 Mattie Donnelly (Tyrone)
10 Eoin Doyle (Kildare)
11 Peter Harte (Tyrone)
13 Darren Hughes (Monaghan)
15 Lee Keegan (Mayo) VICE CAPT.
17 Paul Kerrigan (Cork)
19 Jack McCaffrey (Dublin)
20 Ciarán McDonald (Tipperary)
22 Philip McMahon (Dublin)
23 Conor McManus (Monaghan)
25 Rory O'Carroll (Dublin)
26 John O'Loughlin (Laois)
28 Aidan O'Shea (Mayo)
29 Michael Quinn (Longford)
31 Donnchadh Walsh (Kerry)
33 Diarmuid Connolly (Dublin)
34 Paul Cribbin (Kildare)
35 Paddy Mc Brearty (Donegal)

STAND BY PLAYERS:
16 Paddy O'Rourke (Meath)
6 Killian Clarke (Cavan)
7 Ray Connellan (Westmeath)
14 Kieran Hughes (Monaghan)
21 Gearoid McKiernan (Cavan)
24 Dessie Mone (Monaghan)
27 Colm O'Neill (Cork)
30 Enda Smith (Roscommon)
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: International Rules   International Rules Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 3:02 am

Two players who have been prone to injury in the last few seasons - let's just hope they come through unscathed.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: International Rules   International Rules Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 10:14 pm

Very strong squad.. although only one from kerry and donegal.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: International Rules   International Rules Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 4:52 am

I thought Kieran Hughes, Colm O'Neill and Gearoid McKernan would be suited but it seems strong enough.
Back to top Go down
Caprea
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: International Rules   International Rules Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 5:19 am

Presumeably Zach Tuohy didn't make himself available, always near our best player
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: International Rules   International Rules Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 7:11 am

Caprea wrote:
Presumeably Zach Tuohy didn't make himself available, always near our best player

Tied up with Portlaoise I'd guess.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: International Rules   International Rules Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 7:04 pm

None of the AFL players have been made available. Carlton were terrible last season, are on their third coach in 12 months, they're all in on pre-season. Tuohy didn't play for Portlaoise against Sarsfields (the umpteenth edit of my life), he's back at work now. Same with Ciaran Sheehan and Ciaran Byrne, and Pearce Hanley with Brisbane.

Last edited by Ogie on Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: International Rules   International Rules Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 12:17 am

Jesus Ogie - "Moorefield" again ??
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: International Rules   International Rules Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 1:03 am

International Rules Latest?cb=20150126124156
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: International Rules   International Rules Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 4:47 am

Crofter wrote:
Jesus Ogie - "Moorefield" again ??

It's a glitch in the wiring... I remember my very first game after I came to Kildare, late 2002 early 2003, Sarsfields v Moorefield in a thirds final or thereabouts, reserve something. Gearóid Ó Tiarnáin (bona fide legend) provided the entertainment, taking notes for a report and presenting the trophy at the end. That day I kept calling one the other and it's just gotten worse with age, and especially after I left the Nationalist.

I can hear the teeth grinding from here!
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: International Rules   International Rules Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 5:00 am

Rex wrote:
International Rules Latest?cb=20150126124156

It happens so often, I'm all out of embarrassment!
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: International Rules   International Rules Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 8:08 am

Well done Paul and Eoin - can only be a benefit to be around and training with the best talent.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: International Rules   International Rules Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2015 7:39 am

Great to see Paul and Eoin playing and not looking out of place at all. Well done to both.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: International Rules   International Rules Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 4:28 am

Enjoyed the game and I thought the concept of the Kickouts having to go outside the 45 was a plus.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: International Rules   International Rules Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 5:07 am

I think to be fair they should either do away with the goals or else decrease the value for a goal, 6 points is too much. As the Aussies rules don't have goals I think it's the way forward.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: International Rules   International Rules Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 12:54 pm

Completely agree Gaa1928 in fairness goalscoring and goalkeeping are both alien concepts to the Australians and getting rid of six-pointers would make it a bit more of an even compromise between the sports.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: International Rules   International Rules Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2015 12:45 am

I've always thought the game suits our lads much more than theirs - round ball, rectangular pitch, goals and goalkeepers. The game is clearly closer to ours than theirs other than the four quarters, tackle and mark. Possibly that is fair as they are professional and we are "amateur".
On another note - and I'm just going to come right out and say it - I thought out two lads were very peripheral on Saturday and it reminded me of when we play Dubs/Kerry - we look a bit star struck. Eoin made one good tackle I'll give him that but I didn't think either lad were at their best. Probably both a bit ring rusty.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: International Rules   International Rules Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2015 1:54 am

I thought Doyle was good. He seemed to play as a corner back for most of it and the man he was marking did not see much of the action.

Cribbin was used mainly as interchange player. He was in the half back line when he was on and I don't think that position sees him to best effect. It's no coincidence that he had his best year for Kildare this season when he has been given more freedom to push forward and less defensive responsibility.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: International Rules   International Rules Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

International Rules
Page 1 of 1