Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sarsfields hunt big in the transfer market

Go down 
+5
BarryTLyons
lomond
topcat
TommyKeegan
Dido
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Dido
Senior
Senior

Sarsfields hunt big in the transfer market Empty
PostSubject: Sarsfields hunt big in the transfer market   Sarsfields hunt big in the transfer market Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2015 3:38 am

Latest news, rumours and gossip for clubs in the transfer markets. Sarsfields plan a move for 2 players.

One is From the Rhode club in County Offaly.... Niall Darby,The son of the beaten Leinster finalist manager Stephen Darby when Moorefield beat them in 2006

The Other is Rob Kelly, the Straffan and Kildare player.

These 2 players would be a big addition to an already strong panel that Sarsfields have led by the staying on Manager Jonny Croften.......
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Sarsfields hunt big in the transfer market   Sarsfields hunt big in the transfer market Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2015 4:16 am

Why would a player transfer 16 and 25 miles from one club to another? And how would he be let?
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Sarsfields hunt big in the transfer market   Sarsfields hunt big in the transfer market Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2015 5:58 am

Hahaha Dido, had to double check that it wasn't April fools day then!! Sarsfields would obviously love to have two lads of that calibre on board but I don't think there is any truth whatsoever in these rumours!!
Back to top Go down
lomond
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Sarsfields hunt big in the transfer market   Sarsfields hunt big in the transfer market Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2015 6:16 am

[quote="topcat"]Hahaha Dido, had to double check that it wasn't April fools day then!! Sarsfields would obviously love to have two lads of that calibre on board but I don't think there is any truth whatsoever in these rumours!![/quote

Didn't Sarsfields go the DRA over an underage player from Ardclough...wouldn't be the first time they were poaching
Back to top Go down
BarryTLyons
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Sarsfields hunt big in the transfer market   Sarsfields hunt big in the transfer market Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2015 9:30 am

They have signed Richie Connor's son Ross. Be a big loss to Walsh Island but don't know will he be good enough for Sarsfields. (He's living in Newbridge though so seems v reasonable to me)
Back to top Go down
Dido
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Sarsfields hunt big in the transfer market   Sarsfields hunt big in the transfer market Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2015 11:59 am

topcat wrote:
Hahaha Dido, had to double check that it wasn't April fools day then!! Sarsfields would obviously love to have two lads of that calibre on board but I don't think there is any truth whatsoever in these rumours!!

No April fools day Topcat..believe me when i tell you these players have been approached ..you dont seem to know whats going on in the transfers into your own club....we will see who is in at the start of the year and then come back to me...remember in the early 80s the infamous banner on the hill..." we will blow out the blow ins"..lol
Back to top Go down
Dido
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Sarsfields hunt big in the transfer market   Sarsfields hunt big in the transfer market Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2015 12:02 pm

BarryTLyons wrote:
They have signed Richie Connor's son Ross. Be a big loss to Walsh Island but don't know will he be good enough for Sarsfields. (He's living in Newbridge though so seems v reasonable to me)

well Topcat .....now do you believe in April fools day
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Sarsfields hunt big in the transfer market   Sarsfields hunt big in the transfer market Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2015 8:34 pm

I knew about that transfer Dido but his name wasn't mentioned in your post above, anyway Merry Christmas, hope you have a good one and as you said we will see who is on board come the new year!
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Sarsfields hunt big in the transfer market   Sarsfields hunt big in the transfer market Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 11:18 pm

I heard Moorefield were also on the move for a couple of fellas.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Sarsfields hunt big in the transfer market   Sarsfields hunt big in the transfer market Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 5:15 am

Theyll need whoever they can get to keep apace with The Sash over next few years.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Sarsfields hunt big in the transfer market   Sarsfields hunt big in the transfer market Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 11:20 pm

Ah theyll always be in contention tbf Lily.

On a positive note, the Sash werent far off the pace Provincial wise, as Portlaoise really should have Won Leinster.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Sarsfields hunt big in the transfer market   Sarsfields hunt big in the transfer market Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 12:27 am

Moorefield are in the exact same position Sarsfields were this time last year, well beaten by the team that won the championship but having a minor championship winning team to boost the squad, right them off at your peril.

Back to top Go down
Bigfullforward
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Sarsfields hunt big in the transfer market   Sarsfields hunt big in the transfer market Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 2:29 am

BarryTLyons wrote:

If he's fit, he'll be well good enough for them. Played quite a bit for Offaly seniors as a young lad.
Back to top Go down
GaaHead
Senior
Senior
GaaHead

PostSubject: Re: Sarsfields hunt big in the transfer market   Sarsfields hunt big in the transfer market Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 9:52 pm

Both Darby & Kelly live in Newbridge, so maybe that's where it comes from...

But then again Niall McNamee lives in Newbridge too & has done for some years and we know how that started a rumour, once upon a time...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sarsfields hunt big in the transfer market   Sarsfields hunt big in the transfer market Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sarsfields hunt big in the transfer market
Page 1 of 1