Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

moorefield v sarsfields

Go down 
+14
backatlast
centreback
Sam1928
wingback
White Bridge
tomcruise
paddypower
steviegenius
kildarecat
Rex
TommyKeegan
Yellow Pearl
abl
Jimmy winning matches
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

moorefield  v   sarsfields Empty
PostSubject: moorefield v sarsfields   moorefield  v   sarsfields Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 4:33 am

well down final two moores to win

Last edited by fone on Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
abl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: moorefield v sarsfields   moorefield  v   sarsfields Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 7:15 am

football in newbridge is finished.need i say more
Back to top Go down
Yellow Pearl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: moorefield v sarsfields   moorefield  v   sarsfields Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 8:59 am

Just mentioned that in a previous thread ABL. Theres been some amount of shite talk goin round since the Larries ONE AND ONLY championship win last year. People saying how unattractive an all Newbridge fnal wud be, how football in Newbridge is dead etc.

Football in Newbridge is well and truely alive. Roll on the final......... cheers
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: moorefield v sarsfields   moorefield  v   sarsfields Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 9:10 am

abl wrote:

Who exactly said that? Seriously, the county has never been so united after the All Ireland, the best two teams are in the final and we all know that and offer our congratulations, so stop trying to annoy everyone outside of your town, try saying well done to the semi-finalists, work on being a good winner and stop being an arsehole, and we won't comment on those demons gnawing at your head... If you keep hearing "Newbridge football is dead" we'll try find a shrink, but enjoy the county championship and if it persists we are all here.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: moorefield v sarsfields   moorefield  v   sarsfields Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 9:19 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
abl wrote:

Who exactly said that? Seriously, the county has never been so united after the All Ireland, the best two teams are in the final and we all know that and offer our congratulations, so stop trying to annoy everyone outside of your town, try saying well done to the semi-finalists, work on being a good winner and stop being an arsehole, and we won't comment on those demons gnawing at your head... If you keep hearing "Newbridge football is dead" we'll try find a shrink, but enjoy the county championship and if it persists we are all here.

It's like you were never away TK.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: moorefield v sarsfields   moorefield  v   sarsfields Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 9:26 am

It's like Moorefield and Sarsfields were never away too, and the rest of Kildare never existed. I know its a derby, but for the last couple of years we've managed to crawl out of our own holes and incorporate the rest of the 200,000 people in our county for a great occasion. We are very proud of these clubs, so please don't exclude us from the county final by being even worse than Cork people. Christ, I'm nearly expecting the people of a decent football town, a mediocre living town, to look for independence and an extra star on the EU flag soon. Please, please, please, lay off... well done the semi-finalists, well done the finalists, look forward to the decider between two fine clubs, and the future of Kildare is bright. Is that enough?
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: moorefield v sarsfields   moorefield  v   sarsfields Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 9:32 am

not moorefield and sarsfield fault that they best two clubs over years.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: moorefield v sarsfields   moorefield  v   sarsfields Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 9:38 am

Indeed but there are bad losers and bad winners too. Please, be graceful my friends from the centre-of-universe Newbridge. We, in Kildare, are hugely admirable and thankful for the footballers you produce, but imagine being that good and not arseholes. Seriously, go win the county final, win Leinster and give the All Ireland a shot, because ye are easily good enough to. So go nuts, wonderfully talented teams. Teams that win the province don't waste time looking down and looking back on county semi-final wins, they shut up and go win it. Moorefield and Sarsfields showed this weekend they are capable, so heads down and make not just your town, but your county proud
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: moorefield v sarsfields   moorefield  v   sarsfields Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 9:51 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
Indeed but there are bad losers and bad winners too. Please, be graceful my friends from the centre-of-universe Newbridge. We, in Kildare, are hugely admirable and thankful for the footballers you produce, but imagine being that good and not arseholes. Seriously, go win the county final, win Leinster and give the All Ireland a shot, because ye are easily good enough to. So go nuts, wonderfully talented teams. Teams that win the province don't waste time looking down and looking back on county semi-final wins, they shut up and go win it. Moorefield and Sarsfields showed this weekend they are capable, so heads down and make not just your town, but your county proud

I refuse to comment when I've drink in me, but the innuendo's are striking!
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: moorefield v sarsfields   moorefield  v   sarsfields Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 10:26 am

I can see thread getting messy.

I expect a lot of humble pie being offered about and the woodwork will be well and truly crawled out off. I'll check back in tomorrow afternoon and pick over the remains.

Have fun.

Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: moorefield v sarsfields   moorefield  v   sarsfields Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 9:54 pm

Well done to both Sarsfields & Moorefield I taught that Moorefield would win well and they did but Sarsfields pull off a great win. Anyone that is saying that the two best teams are in the final are wrong Moorefield yes but not Sarsfields They had a poor league but the draw was kind to them up to the semi final of the championship. To me its the shock of the championship you have to give it to them they turned up on the day and got a great result.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: moorefield v sarsfields   moorefield  v   sarsfields Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 10:20 pm

who are the 2 best teams in the county so stevie?

It was men against boys there yesterday, completely over powered athy with strenght and pace.

They will take some stopping.

On a side note and for a bit of banter does the lady from KTV think she is Glenda Gilson, going around with sunglasses half the side of her head in St Conleths Park? at a GAA game? in October?!?
God be with the days when you had half paper hats with CillDara ABU on them on your head to keep the october sunlight out of your eyes at GAA games...
Back to top Go down
paddypower
Junior A
Junior A
paddypower

PostSubject: Re: moorefield v sarsfields   moorefield  v   sarsfields Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 10:41 pm

Just want to say I was delighted for Roli yesterday. He gets a lot of stick from both Kildare and Moorefield fans but yesterday he showed what he can really do. He scored 10 points in total with 7 of them in the second half! Great performance.

On another note, I have said this before but Corley is without doubt Kildare's best and must be given back the number 1 next year...
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: moorefield v sarsfields   moorefield  v   sarsfields Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 10:46 pm

agree with paddypower roli got some points near end of match were class . roli has been great display for moorefield since the 3 round of championship. for me he would player of championship. corley the safe pair hands in county
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: moorefield v sarsfields   moorefield  v   sarsfields Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 10:47 pm

paddypower wrote:
Just want to say I was delighted for Roli yesterday. He gets a lot of stick from both Kildare and Moorefield fans but yesterday he showed what he can really do. He scored 10 points in total with 7 of them in the second half! Great performance.

On another note, I have said this before but Corley is without doubt Kildare's best and must be given back the number 1 next year...

Basing this on what paddypower?

He wasnt tested yesterday, well he was and it ended in the net but other than that he had nothing to do.
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: moorefield v sarsfields   moorefield  v   sarsfields Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 10:53 pm

I was surprised with the margin of Athy's defeat yesterday.Even though they are young , they would be behind clubs like Allenwood , Carbury etc in the pecking order based on that result alone.Neither Newbridge team will fear the other in the final.

I was shocked by the JTB V Ballymore result yesterday.A really dark day for the bridge.
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: moorefield v sarsfields   moorefield  v   sarsfields Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 11:43 pm

Tom your concern for your neighbours is touching! It was indeed a dark day for us taken in the context of the here and now. However as I've said in another thread earlier these lower championships are hard won. Look how long it took Kevins to win the Intermediate or Straffan to win the junior. We are frighfully young and all we can do is take on board yesterdays loss and try and learn from it. Whereas Carbury got the draw from hell in the senior we had a very easy draw in all 4 rounds of group stage and Straffan collapsed against us which left us not tested for the tough challenge that Ballymore presented. Congrats to Ballymore!

Looking to next year at least we are back up to Division 1 to play stronger opposition including yourselves on a more consistent basis!
Back to top Go down
wingback
Senior
Senior

Location : Two Mile House and Poulaphouca, Blacktrench, Cutbush and Boolea

PostSubject: Re: moorefield v sarsfields   moorefield  v   sarsfields Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 12:12 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
It's like Moorefield and Sarsfields were never away too, and the rest of Kildare never existed. I know its a derby, but for the last couple of years we've managed to crawl out of our own holes and incorporate the rest of the 200,000 people in our county for a great occasion. We are very proud of these clubs, so please don't exclude us from the county final by being even worse than Cork people. Christ, I'm nearly expecting the people of a decent football town, a mediocre living town, to look for independence and an extra star on the EU flag soon. Please, please, please, lay off... well done the semi-finalists, well done the finalists, look forward to the decider between two fine clubs, and the future of Kildare is bright. Is that enough?

Tommy from what I am reading you are the main instigator in stoking these 'Newbridge is the centre of the universe' claims. Moorefield have deservedly always been there or there abouts adn have been the best team in the country over the last few years ,Sarsfields has been going trhough a difficult time and have done well to get to the final especially without dermot. I have not heard one sarsfields person bragging, in fact, they are mostly surprised they have done as well as they ahve and are enjoying the underdog tag that they have this year..no one is suggesting the "the rest of Kildare never existed" , get a grip man
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: moorefield v sarsfields   moorefield  v   sarsfields Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 12:14 am

White Bridge

It was not my intention to gloat or anything like that over the result yesterday.I was just a bit shocked as I thaught this was your year.The older I get the less joy I get out of seeing any of our neighbours getting beaten.That is why I would like to see Robertstown winning the junior title or that I am heading to Limerick next weekend with 30 Allenwood footballers for a stag.You seem like a genuine GAA man and I wish JTB the best of luck in 2011.
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: moorefield v sarsfields   moorefield  v   sarsfields Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 12:46 am

tomcruise wrote:
White Bridge

It was not my intention to gloat or anything like that over the result yesterday.I was just a bit shocked as I thaught this was your year.The older I get the less joy I get out of seeing any of our neighbours getting beaten.That is why I would like to see Robertstown winning the junior title or that I am heading to Limerick next weekend with 30 Allenwood footballers for a stag.You seem like a genuine GAA man and I wish JTB the best of luck in 2011.

Ah sorry Tom - in fairness I hadn't you down for gloating on this occasion. If you beat us in the derby next year I'll but you a pint in the Turn Inn or Hamlet!
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: moorefield v sarsfields   moorefield  v   sarsfields Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 12:57 am

fionn going on form up to the weekend Moorefield & Larries were the two best teams and I still think that Larries are a better team than Sarsfields. If you look at the teams that they played they got an easy route to the semi's, Look at Carbury who i think are a better team than Sarsfields also they had 2 wins then they drew Larries & Moorefield. What Sarsfields have is tradition and are always hard beat in the championship the same for Allenwood in the championship not the best team but hard to beat.
Back to top Go down
paddypower
Junior A
Junior A
paddypower

PostSubject: Re: moorefield v sarsfields   moorefield  v   sarsfields Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 1:36 am

"He wasnt tested yesterday, well he was and it ended in the net but other than that he had nothing to do"
I have to disagree with you on this one Fionn. It certainly was not his fault for the goal because he pulled off a save just before it and if anything his defenders let him down. He pulled off another fine save in the 2nd half and his fielding in the past 3 games have been excellant! Thats why I think he is the bes we have..
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: moorefield v sarsfields   moorefield  v   sarsfields Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 8:36 pm

Is Alan Barry out for the final with his red card?
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: moorefield v sarsfields   moorefield  v   sarsfields Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 8:47 pm

Sam1928 wrote:
yes
Back to top Go down
Yellow Pearl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: moorefield v sarsfields   moorefield  v   sarsfields Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 11:52 pm

fone wrote:
Sam1928 wrote:
yes

Time will tell....... bom
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: moorefield v sarsfields   moorefield  v   sarsfields Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

moorefield v sarsfields
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next