Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

moorefield v sarsfields

Go down 
+14
backatlast
centreback
Sam1928
wingback
White Bridge
tomcruise
paddypower
steviegenius
kildarecat
Rex
TommyKeegan
Yellow Pearl
abl
Jimmy winning matches
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

moorefield  v   sarsfields - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: moorefield v sarsfields   moorefield  v   sarsfields - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 3:36 am

i don`t know about that paddypower i def think he is better than shorty but flood was doin well for maynooth and the athy keeper had a serious kick out on him also very commanding of his area all 3 should giving a chance next year

jtb will be back next year white bridge and as you say playing division 1 will bring them on even more, a very young team though but the sooner they get to senior the better and see how far they can go as 1 of the most promising young teams around.

tommy i think your a bit harsh on 2 teams in the final there every club has supporters who like to gloat when things are going well for them(these are the lads that put there team down when things are going bad) but lets be fair to some newbridge posters on here they have taking some serious gloating over the past year and they should be rubbing our faces in it now but they aint so fair play to them

stevie i think sash have come good at the right time they were poor in the league but they will take a champ final over a good league
Back to top Go down
backatlast
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: moorefield v sarsfields   moorefield  v   sarsfields - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 3:59 am

moorefield will walk over this over rated sarsfields team
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: moorefield v sarsfields   moorefield  v   sarsfields - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 4:10 am

backatlast wrote:
last time i heard cockyness like that was in the first round of the championship....game will be close!!fancy moorefield by 1
Back to top Go down
ripvanwinkle
Senior
Senior
ripvanwinkle

PostSubject: Re: moorefield v sarsfields   moorefield  v   sarsfields - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 4:56 am

Ah now walsheman, just because yous beat moorefield.......
Back to top Go down
paddypower
Junior A
Junior A
paddypower

PostSubject: Re: moorefield v sarsfields   moorefield  v   sarsfields - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 8:34 am

backatlast wrote:

Lads we will have none of that! yes I fancy Moorefield to win IF they play like they can. I certainly remember not too long ago when Moorefield played Sarsfield in the final and we never turned up leading to a Sarsfields victory.. Moorefield may be the better team but its all on the day when it comes to finals
Back to top Go down
GaaHead
Senior
Senior
GaaHead

PostSubject: Re: moorefield v sarsfields   moorefield  v   sarsfields - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 8:02 pm

backatlast wrote:

Lads seem to forget what the Sash did to the Moores when they talked like this two years ago in the semi-final....
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: moorefield v sarsfields   moorefield  v   sarsfields - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 10:00 pm

As much as I would love for both teams to come out and play football and may the best team win I can only envisage yet another war of attrition, Moorefield seem to thrive when a game is open like last Sundays game against Athy who to be honest seemed to freeze on the day and in truth could easily have been beaten by an even bigger margin
Sarsfields will almost certainly try to strangle any available open space by funnelling their half forwards back when they are not in possession, I just hope Moorefield have got the tactical nuance to counter this tactic?, a tactic they have overcome before but often struggle to assert any real authority on a game when a team employs a packed defence.
Then again maybe Sarsfields might surprise me and attack right from the start? but I very much doubt it!
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: moorefield v sarsfields   moorefield  v   sarsfields - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 11:44 pm

disagree kildarecat that athy could easily have been beaten by an even bigger margin due to the square ball goal that moorefield got.
i do agree that sash will funnell as many back to stop yer strong runners from the middle getting through, two years ago it was chalky playing sweeper that was the beaten of the moores that day i expect the same again
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: moorefield v sarsfields   moorefield  v   sarsfields - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 2:06 am

Chalky cant play sweeper this time. He is needed in the middle of the park where the Sash have been weakened with injuries and suspensions and he is actually playing very well there.

I cant see anything but an open game. I think it is in both teams interests to play an open game. The Sash have the forwards so I think they will try and get as much ball as possible into them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: moorefield v sarsfields   moorefield  v   sarsfields - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 2:39 am

I'd like to see Moorefield win this one. With all due respect to Sarsfield, I think Moorefield if they get Flynn back can do better and go further in Leinster than Sarsfield.
Back to top Go down
wingback
Senior
Senior

Location : Two Mile House and Poulaphouca, Blacktrench, Cutbush and Boolea

PostSubject: Re: moorefield v sarsfields   moorefield  v   sarsfields - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 3:43 am

fionnmccool wrote:
I'd like to see Moorefield win this one. With all due respect to Sarsfield, I think Moorefield if they get Flynn back can do better and go further in Leinster than Sarsfield.

Forgive me for being picky but this is a pet hate of mine, can I just point out that there is a third 's' in Sarsfield'S'....

If it was a typo on your behalf apologies in advance...however even the thread has it called Sarsfield... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: moorefield v sarsfields   moorefield  v   sarsfields - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 3:48 am

wingback wrote:
fionnmccool wrote:

Forgive me for being picky but this is a pet hate of mine, can I just point out that there is a third 's' in Sarsfield'S'....

If it was a typo on your behalf apologies in advance...however even the thread has it called Sarsfield... Evil or Very Mad
i put other s in wigback
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: moorefield v sarsfields   moorefield  v   sarsfields - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 6:24 am

Pfizer SFC Final 2010 Preview
Pfizer Kildare Senior Football Championship Final 2010 preview by John Holden

Sarsfields v Moorefield

All Newbridge Final
Following last weekends semi final games the Dermot Bourke cup is bound for Newbridge again for the 8th time in 12 years.

Sarsfields who were reduced to 13 men during the second half of their game against holders St Laurences still ran our convincing 0-13 to 0-7 winners. They had Alan Smith, Gary White, Morgan O'Sullivan, Robert Murphy, Conor Tiernan, Aidan McLernon and Ciaran Dempsey all showing top form as Sarsfields reached their seventh final in twelve years and remain the only unbeaten team in the championship.

Moorefield who easily overcame Athy by 1-16 to 1-6 in the other semi final were awesome with David White, Brian McGrogan, Ronan Sweeney, Kevin O'Neill, Ian Lonergan and Liam Keane all in tremendous form for the Moores who remain hot favourites and have reached the final for the seventh time in eleven years despite having lost their opening group game to St Kevins.

Recent Wins
Sarsfields have won 3 titles in the last eleven years following wins in 1999, 2001 & 2005.
Moorefield have won 4 titles in the last ten years following wins in 2000, 2002, 2006 & 2007

Recent Final Defeats
Sarsfields were beaten in 2002, 2007 & 2008
Moorefield were beaten in 2001 & 2009

County Final Meetings
This the 4th Meeting of the teams in a county Senior final.
Sarsfields won in 2001.
Moorefield won in 2002 & 2007.

Last Senior Championship Meeting
The teams last met in the championship in 2008 with Sarsfields winning in a low scoring semi final game to stop Moorefields attempt for 3 titles in a row.

Facts
Newbridge teams have lost in the last two Senior finals
Sarsfields lost in 2008 to Celbridge
Moorefield lost in 2009 to St Laurences.
2004 was the last time a team from Newbridge has not appeared in the Senior Final.

Personnell Changes
Sarsfields will be without Midfielder Alan Barry who was sent off in the semi final
Moorefield will have midfielder Daryl Flynn fit to start the final.

Managers Experience
Sarsfields manager Sean O'Sullivan has won five senior championship medals with Sarsfields in 1982, 1986, 1993, 1994 & 1999 and he was also manager the last time Sarsfields won the title in 2005.
Moorefield manager Jack Sheedy is in his first year with the Moores and has already led Moorefield to the Senior League Div 1 crown while in his playing days he won an All Ireland Senior Football championship medal with Dublin in 1995.

Path to the final
Sarsfields beat Naas, Athy, Clane & Maynooth in the group stages
Sarsfields beat Naas in the Quarter final
Sarsfields beat St Laurences in the Semi final.

Moorefield lost to St Kevins and beat Suncroft, Celbridge & Carbury in the group stages.
Moorefield beat Allenwood in the Quarter final.
Moorefield beat Athy in the Semi final.

Prediction
Sarsfields v Moorefield - Sarsfields to win

Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: moorefield v sarsfields   moorefield  v   sarsfields - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 8:33 am

nice preview all the same!!!
Back to top Go down
ripvanwinkle
Senior
Senior
ripvanwinkle

PostSubject: Re: moorefield v sarsfields   moorefield  v   sarsfields - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 9:35 pm

not 2 sure about the prediction tho!
Back to top Go down
Yellow Pearl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: moorefield v sarsfields   moorefield  v   sarsfields - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 11:31 pm

He's not a ppular man in Sarsfields, he'd be even less popular if he didnt predict that result!

Can somebwhat his official role is with the Countyboard? At a lot of the games early in the year he was doing the announcements etc on the PA. He also seems to be around the offices a lot on matchdays. Has he finally been elected to a position?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: moorefield v sarsfields   moorefield  v   sarsfields - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

moorefield v sarsfields
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2