Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

County Final 2013 Moorefield V Sarsfields

Go down 
+32
steviegenius
Dido
Highball
Pinkman
ndog
johnsmyth
micky murphy
thelads
Loads of Pints
patw14
overthebar
murof
House Man
kickingking
jimmers
stanley
BelieveToAchieve
Gaa1928
the young lad
SeamusMurphy
kildarecat
midfieldmaestro
bk 1
Kildare98
rob11
Taibi
topcat
OutTheGap
Moorefieldbhoy
paddyr
Athyman
Big Full Back
36 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

County Final Winners 2013
Moorefield
County Final 2013 Moorefield V Sarsfields Vote_lcap50%County Final 2013 Moorefield V Sarsfields Vote_rcap
 50% [ 15 ]
Sarsfields
County Final 2013 Moorefield V Sarsfields Vote_lcap50%County Final 2013 Moorefield V Sarsfields Vote_rcap
 50% [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 30

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

County Final 2013 Moorefield V Sarsfields Empty
PostSubject: County Final 2013 Moorefield V Sarsfields   County Final 2013 Moorefield V Sarsfields Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 11:22 am

Well lads and ladies, looking forward to the Newbridge renewal

Fancy the Moores all year but with Whyte and Flynn away and prob. Chalky back it will be an interesting tussle. There'll be some banter in Newbridge for the next fortnight.
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: County Final 2013 Moorefield V Sarsfields   County Final 2013 Moorefield V Sarsfields Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 11:51 am

I have to fancy the moores I don't think sash have enough to win the champship but fair play to them they are in another final, it is always very difficult to retain a champship, it will be an interesting battle, moores by 6 Smile
Back to top Go down
paddyr
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: County Final 2013 Moorefield V Sarsfields   County Final 2013 Moorefield V Sarsfields Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 12:05 pm

sarsfilds for me, Athy played in to moorefields hands going man for man at the back . I think crofton will have a plan for moorefield and might set up more defensively than athy did. will be tight though. Dont think g white is playing though but dermot looked fairly fit yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Moorefieldbhoy
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: County Final 2013 Moorefield V Sarsfields   County Final 2013 Moorefield V Sarsfields Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 12:22 pm

Flynn is suspended but was already due to be missing as he is getting married that weekend abroad. David Whyte could be back.

chalky is only home on holidays and will be missing for the final.

It will be a close game no doubt. Looking forward to it!
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: County Final 2013 Moorefield V Sarsfields   County Final 2013 Moorefield V Sarsfields Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 12:34 pm

I'll go for Sarsfields by a couple of points. I think they have the better forwards and Daryl will be a big loss for Moorefield. I thought he was excellent yesterday.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: County Final 2013 Moorefield V Sarsfields   County Final 2013 Moorefield V Sarsfields Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 1:31 pm

Can't go against my own obviously. The lads have possibly already overachieved in getting this far having been written off by so many b4 a ball was even kicked and then discounted completely after the Athy game but they have been improving with every game if that improvement continues I hope it will be enough to get us over the line.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: County Final 2013 Moorefield V Sarsfields   County Final 2013 Moorefield V Sarsfields Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 6:47 pm

It's a very hard game to call, I couldn't go to the semis yesterday so I'm none the wiser. I believe Gary White won't be around for the final, he will be a big loss as will Flynn for Moorefield. Anyone think Dermot Earley will start?

I think Niall Kelly was badly missed for Athy in their last few games, he really makes them tick. I watched them against Celbridge in their QF and they looked toothless in attack, only for Mullhall they would have been knocked out that day.

I would think Moorefield will need to score a few goals, if they don't I think The Sash will win. Should be a good final either way.

Sarsfields by 3.
Back to top Go down
rob11
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: County Final 2013 Moorefield V Sarsfields   County Final 2013 Moorefield V Sarsfields Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 7:12 pm

Niall kelly played for athy yesterday. This is gonna be some tussle, i fancy the sash to get one over the rivals.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: County Final 2013 Moorefield V Sarsfields   County Final 2013 Moorefield V Sarsfields Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 7:30 pm

I meant before yesterday, he can't have been too fit.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: County Final 2013 Moorefield V Sarsfields   County Final 2013 Moorefield V Sarsfields Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 8:02 pm

For the amount of talent in their squad Athy were very disappointing yesterday, no doubt they'll feel a bit shellshocked by how poor they were. They looked tired and disjointed and Hyland was the only one who took the fight to them. The normal fluidity they have in their attack was completely absent, they'll probably be asking hard questions of themselves. Final's too close to call really, maybe Sash's better forwards and the return of Mr Earley will swing it, just.

Did anyone else think it was surreal that Athy brought Cian Reynolds on at corner back to mark Roli?
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: County Final 2013 Moorefield V Sarsfields   County Final 2013 Moorefield V Sarsfields Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 8:44 pm

That was Brian Kinihan who came on to mark Roli, was sent off with Daryl at the end.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: County Final 2013 Moorefield V Sarsfields   County Final 2013 Moorefield V Sarsfields Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 9:14 pm

Apols - Reynolds was down as No.11 in the programme. Goes to show what a waste of money programmes are!
Back to top Go down
bk 1
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: County Final 2013 Moorefield V Sarsfields   County Final 2013 Moorefield V Sarsfields Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 12:22 am

the sash has the better scoring forwards and with conor tiernan coming forward at pace and getting his usual few scores i think this will get them over the line,,flynn will be a big loss for the moores and dont know if dave whyte be playing,,looking forward to the final sash by 2-3
Back to top Go down
midfieldmaestro
Senior
Senior
midfieldmaestro

PostSubject: Re: County Final 2013 Moorefield V Sarsfields   County Final 2013 Moorefield V Sarsfields Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 10:13 am

I think it'll be very much who plays better on the day and takes their chances. Finals are always tense and cagey type games and the local rivalry will add to that also.

I agree that Sarsfields forwards are slightly better but I'd also say Moorefields defence is better than Sarsfields so that sort of cancels out. Just to note, Paddy Murrary was excellent against Athy on Sunday and a big boost to the forwards after not playing up to now in the championship.

Sarsfields have been dropping 1 or 2 half forwards back into defence this year too which will make it hard for Moorefield to get the goals they've been getting this year. If Moorefield manage to move the ball fast up the pitch they've shown they are well capable of scoring a few goals and abit like the Dubs this year - goals win games (as was the case against Athy).

The midfield will be crucial. Lots of stories about who is and isn't available. If Moorefield start without Flynn (definitely out) and Whyte I'd be worried as I think Sarsfield most likely will have Chalky and Early playing some part.

Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: County Final 2013 Moorefield V Sarsfields   County Final 2013 Moorefield V Sarsfields Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 11:47 am

Obviously I'm biased and just fancy Moorefield might have a little bit more in battling qualities.

Finals are usually tense affair particularly a local derby like this one, nerves can play a huge part fear of making a mistake can often lead to players making mistakes.

Moorefield have been very strong in midfield in the last few matches, Flynn is an obvious loss and Davy Whyte has been playing as well as he has ever done and his long range free taking has improved no end.

He's currently on a very tough Army course with a pretty poor completion rate so who knows he might be back for the final yet?.

Ross Glavin covered for Whyte very well on Sunday but who will cover for Darryl?, Sweeney seems the only real option unless the mentors think Kevin O'Neill is back to near full fitness but I doubt it?.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: County Final 2013 Moorefield V Sarsfields   County Final 2013 Moorefield V Sarsfields Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 12:47 pm

Sash for me.. But a close encounter I expect..
Ray Cahill was the class Forward on display Sunday, and will surely get a call up.. Roli was exellent when woved to FF, A real handful.
Back to top Go down
the young lad
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: County Final 2013 Moorefield V Sarsfields   County Final 2013 Moorefield V Sarsfields Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 1:05 pm

i think sash will win this one,,its all being kept quite to who the ref will be,, i thought it betweem brendan calwey and dave coady, sash or even the moores in it ruled cawley out,, coady i see has got the senior hurling final on sunday so that prob rules him out but i dont no why it should,, but if what i was told lastnite in who the ref is to be i might just put my money on the moores,,he does all there in house matches and challenge matches,,but best ok luck to all involved, im really looking forward to this game
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: County Final 2013 Moorefield V Sarsfields   County Final 2013 Moorefield V Sarsfields Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 1:08 pm

the young lad wrote:
i think sash will win this one,,its all being kept quite to who the ref will be,, i thought it betweem brendan calwey and dave coady, sash or even the moores in it ruled cawley out,, coady i see has got the senior hurling final on sunday so that prob rules him out but i dont no why it should,, but if what i was told lastnite in who the ref is to be i might just put my money on the moores,,he does all there in house matches and challenge matches,,but best ok luck to all involved, im really looking forward to this game
What are you talking about.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: County Final 2013 Moorefield V Sarsfields   County Final 2013 Moorefield V Sarsfields Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 1:25 pm

Judging by the refs who have already got finals this year and Cawley ruled out and with Niall Colgan having got last year's I would imagine it is between, Peppard, Hickey and Herbert all good refs who I don't think Sash or Moores would have any problem with.
Back to top Go down
Moorefieldbhoy
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: County Final 2013 Moorefield V Sarsfields   County Final 2013 Moorefield V Sarsfields Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 1:36 pm

The referee wont matter to either team! as long as it isnt Fergal Barry.. ill b happy!! Smile 
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: County Final 2013 Moorefield V Sarsfields   County Final 2013 Moorefield V Sarsfields Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 2:04 pm

Can't see either Fergal or Noel McKenna getting it as both got a semi final each.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: County Final 2013 Moorefield V Sarsfields   County Final 2013 Moorefield V Sarsfields Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 2:40 pm

topcat wrote:
Can't see either Fergal or Noel McKenna getting it as both got a semi final each.
TG for that Basketball 
Back to top Go down
the young lad
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: County Final 2013 Moorefield V Sarsfields   County Final 2013 Moorefield V Sarsfields Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 5:01 pm

i heard colgan has it again, very funny how this can be as he does all there challenge games,,thou it be cawley,,coady for there 1st senior final,,cawley [sash][moores], coady [hurling final] so wont happin, and if not i agree hickey or peppard,
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: County Final 2013 Moorefield V Sarsfields   County Final 2013 Moorefield V Sarsfields Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 5:10 pm

the young lad wrote:
i heard colgan has it again, very funny how this can be as he does all there challenge games,,thou it be cawley,,coady for there 1st senior final,,cawley [sash][moores], coady [hurling final] so wont happin, and if not i agree hickey or peppard,
Jesus none of those names would inspire me with any confidence. The standard has gone way down since Mick Monoghan retired .......WAY down.

Who's challenge matches is he supposed to ref?
Back to top Go down
bk 1
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: County Final 2013 Moorefield V Sarsfields   County Final 2013 Moorefield V Sarsfields Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 5:12 pm

coady is a club man of mine,would of being nice for him to get football final but id say he doesnt mind as he big into the hurling aswell so it good for him to get hurling final and repersent his club, ballykelly and ros glas,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: County Final 2013 Moorefield V Sarsfields   County Final 2013 Moorefield V Sarsfields Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

County Final 2013 Moorefield V Sarsfields
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next