Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

County Final

Go down 
+24
ndog
murof
Moorefieldbhoy
Ohtoohtobe
SeamusMurphy
midfieldmaestro
Jimmy winning matches
lollypop
johnsmyth
Sam1928
lilysavage
the young lad
Botch
Dido
kickingking
Cilldara_2000
totalgaa
OutTheGap
micky murphy
BigG
losthope
kelf
Big Full Back
smokey
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
smokey
Senior
Senior

County Final Empty
PostSubject: County Final   County Final Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 4:41 am

A few thoughts after final,first thourally enjoyed game great stuff had everything. Think SASH will be most dissatisfied as had game won they will feel the ref let Naughton off the hook. Should have been a straight red and then later cud have had a second yellow.
What a display from Ray Cahill if O,Connor had played like that we wud all be saying this is the forward we need.
Big disappointment what were sarsfield doing with programme not getting their way doesn't give them the right to confuse neutral observers.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

County Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Final   County Final Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 4:54 am

Great to have another day out. No minor scenario to contend with this time. Sash didn't score in the last 12 mins and they would hopefully have their minors flying after they playing earlier. Cahill and I thought Ciaran Kelly were the two stand out players for both teams. The banter in Newbridge continues......
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

County Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Final   County Final Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 5:08 am

Be busy for Sash next Sunday

Ladies Football Leinster Finals Fixtures
Tesco Leinster Junior & Intermediate Finals.

Coralstown/Kinnegad GAA Grounds, Co. Westmeath.

Sunday October 26th

Junior game – 1.30pm Clane v Dee Rangers

Intermediate Game – 3.15pm Sarsfields v Kilmacud Crokes
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

County Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Final   County Final Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 5:53 am

Can we expect to hear the Sash chair on local radio this week Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

County Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Final   County Final Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 6:08 am

Only if u insist ,Ballyboy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Crofton was very clear after the game,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, no distractions,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Back to top Go down

County Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Final   County Final Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 6:24 am

Sarsfields acting the bollix with the program. €3 and it useless!
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

County Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Final   County Final Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 6:41 am

straffan played in newbridge next sunday in lenister club junior championship
Back to top Go down
BigG
Junior C
Junior C

County Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Final   County Final Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 6:54 am

I am very hesitant to be critical of referee's but today was the exception. How did the Moorefield FB stay on the pitch. After the play stopped he openly kicked the Sarsfields Corner Forward on front of the ref. It was either a red card or nothing (if he did see it), He gave a yellow which to me is the cowardly decision. It was the most obvious red I have seen this season even the Moores supporters expected it.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

County Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Final   County Final Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 7:28 am

Fair result in my opinion, no excuses next week. Would be worried about both sides switching off at times.
Referee was a bad choice from the county board weak and indecisive was never going to be up to it.
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

County Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Final   County Final Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 8:41 am

Well done to both teams on an entertaining game. I thought Sarsfields had it in the bag when they went 5 points up  with 10 minutes left. Tom Corley made a great save from Alan Smith at this stage and I thought moving Roli back to midfield turned the tide for the Moores.
Sarsfields dominated around midfield for most of the match which surprised me as I thought Moorefield would have the edge here. Moorefield would need to mark Ray Cahill a lot tighter in the replay. Ross Glavin gave him too much room and it nearly cost them.
Sarsfields were the better team for most of the match but they must be having a few doubts after not finishing the game off today.
Back to top Go down
totalgaa
Senior
Senior

County Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Final   County Final Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 8:19 pm

Sarsfield must be kicking themselves this morning, had game wrapped up and let Moorefield back in final 10 minutes. Happiest man at end of day was Martin Whyte but i think the most worried must have been Jason Ryan, no real standout players, no one prepared to take the game by the scruff of the neck and go and win it.
As regards the programne, I think Sarsfield should hang their head in shame, if this a two fingered gesture to the Co. Board it was also to the the paying public and fairly petty for a club that prides itself on its professionalism.
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

County Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Final   County Final Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 9:43 pm

fone wrote:
straffan played in newbridge next sunday in lenister club junior championship

From the Kildare fixtures this morning:

Sun 26 Oct 2014
Joe Mallon RENAULT Senior Football Championship Final Replay ET 2 x 10
Venue: Newbridge, Moorefield V Sarsfields 14.30, Ref: Fergal Barry

From the Leinster fixtures:

AIB LEINSTER CLUB IHC ROUND ONE
Sunday 26th October 2014
Newbridge (2.30) - Coill Dubh (KE) v Setanta (D)

AIB LEINSTER CLUB JFC ROUND ONE
Sunday 26th October 2014
Kildare Venue (2.30) - Straffan (Kildare) v Sean Connolly (LD)
Back to top Go down
midfieldmaestro
Senior
Senior
midfieldmaestro

County Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Final   County Final Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 9:47 pm

Strange sort of a game that saw both teams only playing in patches really.

Very strange for Moorefiled to take off P O'Flynn, Glavin and D Flynn. Not sure if they were all injured or not.

Moorefield are playing well below last years levels. Not exactly sure why. Just no flow to the play and seem unable to get goals (where last year they couldn't stop scoring).

I think they should start Kevin Murnaghan (or maybe James Murray either) at centre back the next day on Ray Cahill. Not sure if Ross Glavin will be fit. I'd drop Cian O'Conor from midfield and put Roli back there to start with Daryl (not sure if he's fit either as he didn't manage to catch 1 ball which is very unusual for him).

Sarsfields I think should try to get Smith involved more. Maybe let him drift out to the half forwards for a while the next day.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

County Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Final   County Final Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 10:04 pm

Having McCormack, Dempsey, Scully and Kavanagh available without the distraction of the minor match may just be enough to push Sarsfields over the line next weekend. Moorefield's bench had the bigger impact and enabled them to finish the stronger. That might not be the case again next Sunday.

Some of Moorefield's older players look like they are playing on memory because the legs just aren't there anymore. Fair play to them for digging out the draw, their resolution cannot be questioned. Sarsfields will need to get a bit more out of a number of players. Smith wasn't really on it yesterday and Chalky has had better days.

The County Board will be delighted with another big gate guaranteed!
Back to top Go down
Dido
Senior
Senior

County Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Final   County Final Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 12:47 am

Great game fair play to both teams,could not work out who was Moorefields manager Kean ONeill was calling all the shots on the sideline ..even remonstrating with the referee ..
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

County Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Final   County Final Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 1:50 am

Was surprised yesterday. I had expected Moorefield to win but after what I saw yesterday I think I will change my mind. The sash look hungry and were the better team imo. Fair play to moorefiel for getting a draw and one last thing.

The sash defender who blocked o connor at the end should be knighted.

O connor knew he may be blocked and adapted his kick to avoid it but the defender was so tight he was still able to block. WHAT A BLOCK
Back to top Go down
totalgaa
Senior
Senior

County Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Final   County Final Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 8:13 pm

Just a note on the replay for the Co. Board, as this looks like a stand alone fixture maybe they should take an example from Croke Park and reduce the price for next Sunday, i'd say a tenner would be fair to all, both supporters and Co. Board
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

County Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Final   County Final Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 8:29 pm

Hurling match @ 12.30 football @ 2.30 Sunday €10 in
Back to top Go down
totalgaa
Senior
Senior

County Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Final   County Final Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 8:34 pm

Thanks Fone, what hurling game, is it the Leinster Championship
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

County Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Final   County Final Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 9:32 pm

totalgaa wrote:
Thanks Fone, what hurling game, is it the Leinster Championship

Coill Dubhs Match.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

County Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Final   County Final Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 1:37 am

10 is reasonable. Looking forward to a good game in both actually
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

County Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Final   County Final Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 12:09 am

Im surprised there hasnt being more reaction to the Point that wasnt in the first Half.. Smiths shot was clearly inside the post.
Back to top Go down
the young lad
Senior
Senior

County Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Final   County Final Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 12:16 am

From where I was sitting I thought it was a pint but the 2 umpires said no so the ref went with them
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

County Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Final   County Final Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 3:04 am

Yeah, I was behind the Goals, and it certainly looked over to Me.. "Hawkeye for Conleths",
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

County Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Final   County Final Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 7:07 am

Pity they didnt have Straffan match on beforehand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

County Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Final   County Final Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

County Final
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next