Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Minor County Final

Go down 
+6
White Bridge
leftfoot
hope
losthope
realfone
Dual
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Dual
Intermediate
Intermediate

Minor County Final Empty
PostSubject: Minor County Final   Minor County Final Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 8:13 pm

Well done to both Celbridge & Athy - brilliant match! If this is the standard at minor level I don't think we have anything to worry about. Celbridge were unlucky to come back from behind just to be pipped by a street wise Athy - Athy were probably just a bit more use to the big occassion & conleths.
3 in a row for Athy is a huge achievement for a club & Niall Kelly's free under pressure ! A crowd of Celbridge supporters behind me had a fit when he placed the ball on the wrong side of the line, screaming at the ref for it to be moved - Kelly calmly replaced the ball & took his shot - it could of been placed in the car park & he would of sent it over!
On the down side was very disappointed by some supporters from BOTH sides booing the free takers - these lads are mostly 17yrs & younger, yesterday was their stage & people who probably couldn't kick a ball themselves have no place calling themselves GAA supporters.
Back to top Go down
realfone
Junior A
Junior A

Minor County Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor County Final   Minor County Final Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 9:38 pm

Well done to both teams for a great game full of skill and excitement, this was easly the best game at any grade in the county this year.
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

Minor County Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor County Final   Minor County Final Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 11:09 pm

It has been a while since I was at a game as good as this one in Conleths, well done to both teams and congrats to Athy on their 3 in a row
Back to top Go down
hope
Intermediate
Intermediate

Minor County Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor County Final   Minor County Final Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 7:54 pm

Niall Kelly is a good player..I'd say he should be close to the kildare minors this year..
Back to top Go down
leftfoot
Junior C
Junior C

Minor County Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor County Final   Minor County Final Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 8:00 pm

Ye id say he might.Cant really handle the pressure tho
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

Minor County Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor County Final   Minor County Final Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 8:16 pm

leftfoot wrote:

What sort of a statement is that ffs?
Back to top Go down
Dual
Intermediate
Intermediate

Minor County Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor County Final   Minor County Final Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 8:23 pm

White Bridge wrote:
leftfoot wrote:

What sort of a statement is that ffs?

Calm down I assume its supposed to be funny - as in he kicked a 45 in injury time to win the match on sunday, can't handle the pressure! not a comment on Kelly
Back to top Go down
leftfoot
Junior C
Junior C

Minor County Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor County Final   Minor County Final Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 8:41 pm

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

Minor County Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor County Final   Minor County Final Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 9:00 pm

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Sorry!
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

Minor County Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor County Final   Minor County Final Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 11:25 pm

I'd imagine he'd be close to the minors next year, seeing as he played for them this year!!
Back to top Go down
sean boylan
Junior A
Junior A

Minor County Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor County Final   Minor County Final Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 1:43 am

Of course Niall Kelly will be on the minor team.. He is capable on winning a game on his own. Athy seem to have the nack of introducing these top class players. 1 every year for the last number of years. The likes of the Kinahans, Mcgoverns, Hylands, Gibbons, Renoylds and many other the future does really look like its shining the brightest in Athy over many of the other clubs. Look at the likes of the senior champions Moorefield who have no real talent coming through..
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

Minor County Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor County Final   Minor County Final Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 1:58 am

I wonder is Sean Boylan from Athy??

Just as you mention Kinahan there (Brian that is), he seemed to have put on a lot of weight and off the pace a bit when we played them in champ? Was he away for the summer or something?

Looked like a serious prospect around a year ago
Back to top Go down
Mooreman
Junior C
Junior C

Minor County Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor County Final   Minor County Final Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 2:00 am

Funny you should say that, I remember some conversations on an old GAA forum many years ago, when the Leixlip folk were getting well cocky over their 3 minor titles. Was "only a matter of time" we were warned.
We're still waiting on Leixlip to do something. I agree that Athy have some classy players but Tom Corley,Kevin Murnaghan, Ger Naughton, Ian Lonergan, James Lonergan, Keith Duane, Ciaran Kelly, are hardly old men. With players like Gary Lowe, Kevin O'Donnell, Daire Dunne, Ricky Maguire coming through, we're not exactly in the state you describe.
Back to top Go down
leftfoot
Junior C
Junior C

Minor County Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor County Final   Minor County Final Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 2:05 am

Kevin O Donnell is a very hot prospect coming through the ranks.As is Paraic Murphy
Back to top Go down
sean boylan
Junior A
Junior A

Minor County Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor County Final   Minor County Final Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 2:10 am

But i dont think that athy will flop with all this young talent coming through. Brian has bulked up a fair bit and i did hear he is struggling the burn it off but he will come good in the end. In fairness Brian was in America for the summer and we saw what that did to nuxer buckley.

Thats a fair point about Moorefield but them boys dont seem to have any chance in breaking into the Moorefield senior panel as that is a very hard thing to do.. There will be no younger lads breaking into the panal never mind the team.. Young Heavy is the only real one to do it.
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

Minor County Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor County Final   Minor County Final Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 2:11 am

Jesus, mooreman, way to get a dig in at Leixlip :-(

That's it I'm joining the Moorefield bashing from now on!
Back to top Go down
Mooreman
Junior C
Junior C

Minor County Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor County Final   Minor County Final Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 2:18 am

Jaysus I can't say anything right can I ha ha
Im not saying this Athy team won't win anything. Of course they are looking liuke they will. I am merely commenting on a post that claims we have no talent coming through.
Sean Boylan, "Young Heavey" as you call him (Eddie) has not broken into the team, he played some league games and some senior B. We are quite happy with our lot at the moment, although focus is now switching to the weekend. To beat Portlaoise in O'Moore Park will be a huge ask. But we have fond memories of that place. We have the players to do the job, hopefully we can.
Thanx for the concern but our underage is going fine...... Wink
Back to top Go down
sean boylan
Junior A
Junior A

Minor County Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor County Final   Minor County Final Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 2:22 am

Ye thats what im trying to mention at Mooreman when all these players on the senior team finish up i really havent seen or heard of anyone coming through.. Unlike Celbridge Athy Naas and clubs like that.
Back to top Go down
Mooreman
Junior C
Junior C

Minor County Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor County Final   Minor County Final Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 2:26 am

IM not with you at all Darroch. The guys currently on the panel are only in mid twenties. Daire Dunne and co are younger than you.
So what is your point?
Thanx a mill for your concern, but you guys have a nbig task ahead to make the step up from minor to senior lol!
Back to top Go down
leftfoot
Junior C
Junior C

Minor County Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor County Final   Minor County Final Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 2:28 am

Are you actually Darroch Mulhall from Athy??
Back to top Go down
sean boylan
Junior A
Junior A

Minor County Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor County Final   Minor County Final Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 2:30 am

I wish i was and had the football ability that he has.
Back to top Go down
Dual
Intermediate
Intermediate

Minor County Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor County Final   Minor County Final Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 2:33 am

sean boylan wrote:
I wish i was and had the football ability that he has.

It's ok we know you're not Darroch just trying to decide if its Darroch's Mammy or Daddy now!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Minor County Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor County Final   Minor County Final Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Minor County Final
Page 1 of 1