Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General GAA - AOB

Go down 
+74
Sorrynotsorry
totalgaa
Curraghplains
tomoneillandhissisteranne
bite the pillow
Pkmie
DONTPULLOUT
Cassanata
moatesports
lillyboy
Flamingo
Onechance
Sam1928
Hang sangich
Fear An Geata
Bulldog
realmoore
Jimmy winning matches
bk 1
Lillywhite88
centreback
TheHulkHoganCowardFund
intheback
standhimup
bloodsub
parcel
sarsno1
Hurlerbehindtheditch
OutTheGap
topcat
hawker
Horsebox
LillieLad
learmus
steviegenius
lomond
All_right_in_white
White Bridge
whiteknight
bigball
Loads of Pints
Botch
jim
Lily8
if_in_doubt
murof
Caprea
kelf
shortgrass
flourman
lilywhites on tour
jj
Big Full Back
Ohtoohtobe
Xavi
Gaa1928
micky murphy
Shergar
Cilldara_2000
Highball
TommyKeegan
kickingking
Ogie
lilysavage
Taibi
MD
jimmers
Dinny Breen
reichenhall
kildaregaa365
SeamusMurphy
Kildare98
rob11
Rex
78 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

General GAA - AOB Empty
PostSubject: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 1:20 pm

Hi lads. Just thought I'd get this going here to get some chat going on apart from our own business.

Just one bit of news that hit this week was the continued transfer of inter county men to Dublin clubs. This is something that annoys me a bit to be honest. Although people point that these lads are living and working in Dublin they ignore the fact that most of the year they hit the road home for county training anyway.
Looking at it most clubs only have their county men for a few games a year anyway and during the league they don't train with the club at all really and are just parachuted in for a match.
I could be way out here but for the sake of a few extra round trips these lads should stick to their own club.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

General GAA - AOB Empty
PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 1:30 pm

They should not be allowed to pick their club but most of all they should not be allowed play in the Leinster Club Championship. Let the other Dublin Clubs be at a disadvantage, but no way should clubs outside the Dublin Championship be.

Back to top Go down
rob11
Senior
Senior

General GAA - AOB Empty
PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 1:49 pm

I dont know if any of you seen Allianz Leagues extra on setanta last night but they talked about this. And while I wouldnt be Woolys biggest fan he made great points about outside lads not being able to play in Leinster club for 3 years which would be fair enough.

These clubs are strong enough already without getting stars from everywhere.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

General GAA - AOB Empty
PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 1:52 pm

Dub fans booing Seanie Johnson a few years ago, and now you have this carry-on, plus the frankly outrageous poaching of Meath and Kildare players at underage level. Also, they love to boast about the purity of their GAA setup and how outside influences are beneath them, all the while having a Cork man managing the senior hurling team.

Is it any wonder everyone hates them.
Back to top Go down

General GAA - AOB Empty
PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 7:21 pm

I'd feel for the smaller senior clubs in Dublin like St Maurs and St Pats who pick from relatively small basis and are already massive under dogs when they come up against these super clubs.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

General GAA - AOB Empty
PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 4:03 pm

Roscommon u21s at 6/4 to beat galway is value imo.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

General GAA - AOB Empty
PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 12:50 pm

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Roscommon u21s at 6/4 to beat galway is value imo.

Certainly was considering their minor team from 3 years ago
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

General GAA - AOB Empty
PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 1:41 pm

U21 result. Roscommon 1 - 16. Galway 2 - 10.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

General GAA - AOB Empty
PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 12:32 pm

Miracles do happen. WM u21 hurlers beat kilkenny last night in the leinster championship.
Back to top Go down
reichenhall
Senior
Senior

General GAA - AOB Empty
PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2016 12:06 am

Big Kildare crowd on the Hill at the San Siro tonight............

Hope they make it back to Croker in time for the Semi..... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

General GAA - AOB Empty
PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2016 12:07 am

Seanie j didn't do mcgeezer any favours today, and then brolly really stuck in the knife.. I'd say he's a gonner.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

General GAA - AOB Empty
PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2016 1:10 pm

More like the Armagh players didn't help him.

I presume the GAA will be throwing money into Mayo or whoever now that Rugby is the big sport on the rise like they did Dublin and Leinster.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

General GAA - AOB Empty
PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 6:00 pm

More likely mc geeney is gonner now
Back to top Go down
Dinny Breen
Senior
Senior
Dinny Breen

General GAA - AOB Empty
PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 6:30 pm

Wonder does he ever say to himself "Seanie Johnson, what the f*ck was I thinking"....

No doubt he had better players with Kildare but I definitely thought away from Dublin's shadow in a county that loves him he would have done better than he has, and let's be frank Armagh have been pretty sh*t under him...
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

General GAA - AOB Empty
PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 8:45 pm

Well done galway
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

General GAA - AOB Empty
PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 5:39 pm

Dinny Breen wrote:
Wonder does he ever say to himself "Seanie Johnson, what the f*ck was I thinking"....

No doubt he had better players with Kildare but I definitely thought away from Dublin's shadow in a county that loves him he would have done better than he has, and let's be frank Armagh have been pretty sh*t under him...

So was it the players or McGeeney that brought the (limited) success in his tenure with us? A good manager makes average players good and good players great. I'd contend our good players merely played to their full potential under him - not sure he made them better. Grimley and O'Rourke probably had as much impact with the players as Geezer
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

General GAA - AOB Empty
PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 1:14 pm

How many subs in total can be used? I'm thinking 6 but wouldn't be certain. Laois used 7 against Armagh
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

General GAA - AOB Empty
PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 1:27 pm

lillyboy wrote:
How many subs in total can be used? I'm thinking 6 but wouldn't be certain. Laois used 7 against Armagh

6, but I'm not sure if that includes or excludes blood subs.

This square ball rule is crazy, David gibney was clearly in the square before the ball was hand passed for the equaliser v Tyrone. . Following on from donegal one last week.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

General GAA - AOB Empty
PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 1:33 pm

both the 2nd and 3rd goals were sq balls but if fairness were really difficult to spot in real time.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

General GAA - AOB Empty
PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 2:12 pm

lillyboy wrote:

You were spot on lilly, and it looks like this game could now be replayed, another farcical occurrence.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

General GAA - AOB Empty
PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 3:59 pm

Laois v armagh to be replayed in portlaoise.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

General GAA - AOB Empty
PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2016 8:41 pm

Result. Donegal 17. Monaghan 2 - 10.
Pity this wasn't on the box.
Back to top Go down
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

General GAA - AOB Empty
PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2016 3:19 am

Aidan O Sheas slippery feet is worth a mention!
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

General GAA - AOB Empty
PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2016 10:37 am

He's been watching the euros soccer md.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

General GAA - AOB Empty
PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2016 11:00 am

It was typical GAA refereeing. O'Shea launches himself forward through the air and lands about six foot from where he started and the horrendous Joe McQuillan runs full pelt for the first time all day indicating O'Shea had been pulled backwards by his jersey.
Now a child could tell you that you can't move in two directions at once. Once again the referee in GAA games become the deciding factor. As a County we know more than most about bad decisions and yet the same refs keep getting used.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

General GAA - AOB Empty
PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General GAA - AOB
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next