Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Geezers New Term

Go down 
+9
Jimmy winning matches
Ogie
walsheman
Rex
Stonecold
Cilldara_2000
kartman
rgb
Yellow Pearl
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Yellow Pearl
Senior
Senior

Geezers New Term Empty
PostSubject: Geezers New Term   Geezers New Term Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 9:00 pm

Ive seen this topic mentioned in other posts and feel it deserves a trend of its own.
Due to the reported clashes between Geezer and the chairman, is there a danger we might lose the best thing to happen to Kildare football in many a year? If this were to happen and he were allowed to walk out and into the Dublin job or even the Laois job, what would happen to the current setup?

This is a very serious situation, I cannot fathom why Geezer hasn't already been given the nod for a further term.
Or has he already been given this term and its not common knowledge yet??
Can anybody shed any light please?
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

Geezers New Term Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geezers New Term   Geezers New Term Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 9:09 pm

Oh ffs, here we go again. Big bad Padraig Ashe...
Back to top Go down
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

Geezers New Term Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geezers New Term   Geezers New Term Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 9:11 pm

I think he should be given a new 2 year contract but i dont think it should even be discussed until kildare are knocked out.Geezer and players have bigger things to concentrate on like monaghan.
Wait til september then sit down and work something out.He wont be running to dublin or laois just yet.He has a plan here and its 3 years into progression.Why would he go to another county to start again when,as he said himself,kildare have one of the best panels in the country.
Back to top Go down
Yellow Pearl
Senior
Senior

Geezers New Term Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geezers New Term   Geezers New Term Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 9:32 pm

rgb wrote:
Oh ffs, here we go again. Big bad Padraig Ashe...

Hit a nerve did I RGB??
Theres no harm in discussing these matters in a public forum. Read my post properly, I didnt mention anything about big bad Padraig Ashe. But there are constant reports of tension between the 2.

Apologies for daring to speak out............................pffffffffffffffttttttttttt
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

Geezers New Term Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geezers New Term   Geezers New Term Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 10:41 pm

No need to apologise, it's just that I'm disagreeing with your portrayal of the relationship between Geezer and Ashe. No, I read your post properly. Actually, when you mentioned the tension between the two, I presumed it was Padraig Ashe you were referring to. Was it not?

I'm just sick of the "Geezer good, Padraig Ashe bad" school of opinion on here. People are determined to see something underhand and conspiratorial in everything. There's a touch of tabloid hysteria about it: he must be up to something and we are determined to make him the scapegoat.

Supersub probably has it about right: we can sort these things out when the season is over (in late September hopefully!).

Why are people so determined to paint Padraig Ashe as waiting for the first chance to dump Geezer? Has it actually occurred to anyone that he might be chairman of the county board because he wants to see Kildare do well?

Throw in an evil "Mwuhahahaha" laugh and he's the perfect pantomime villain. Grab your torches pitchforks....

Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

Geezers New Term Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geezers New Term   Geezers New Term Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 10:45 pm

JME blathering on all the time about some supposed row between the two does not constitute "constant reports". You'd be sick and tired at the constant sniping at Pádraig Ashe. Right, we don't agree with him over the forum. Move on and stop going on about it.

I'd swear that some members of this forum tell children stories of Pádraig Ashe to scare them.

Edit: Also, what rbg said there in the post above this.
Back to top Go down

Geezers New Term Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geezers New Term   Geezers New Term Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 10:58 pm

Geezers New Term Dr-evil
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

Geezers New Term Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geezers New Term   Geezers New Term Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 10:59 pm

Exactly fionn.......there he is lads, get him.
Back to top Go down
Yellow Pearl
Senior
Senior

Geezers New Term Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geezers New Term   Geezers New Term Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 12:03 am

Wow........there is an outburst. Not sure where to start, but here goes.
The rumours on here arent the only place that people are talking about the tension/awkwardness/clash between the 2. I have heard it discussed at matches and it has come out of the ivory towers also.
One would assume that being chairman of the countyboard, he is there to see Kildare do well.
Perhaps the title of this topic escaped a few of you, nut iwas asking how long people thought Geezer should get in this new term. Maybe discuss who people would like to see added to the back room team etc.
If you dont like the title or the content you are free to ignore. This is a public foruym and theres a lot worse being discussed here.
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

Geezers New Term Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geezers New Term   Geezers New Term Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 12:08 am

I presume we are allowed to participate and disagree too, latebutgreat?

You asked four questions in your opening post- I took issue with one of them.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

Geezers New Term Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geezers New Term   Geezers New Term Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 12:13 am

Some people just like arguing for the sake of it.....................
Back to top Go down
Yellow Pearl
Senior
Senior

Geezers New Term Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geezers New Term   Geezers New Term Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 12:15 am

Absolutely......fair points too.
I just dont want it seen as a total one sided thing. Im in favour of McGeeney staying, regardless of who likes it or not.
That didnt apply specifically to the Führer!
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

Geezers New Term Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geezers New Term   Geezers New Term Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 1:03 am

The Fuhrer? Who is the Fuhrer?
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Geezers New Term Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geezers New Term   Geezers New Term Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 2:29 am

Cilldara_2000 wrote:
JME blathering on all the time about some supposed row between the two does not constitute "constant reports". You'd be sick and tired at the constant sniping at Pádraig Ashe. Right, we don't agree with him over the forum. Move on and stop going on about it.

I'd swear that some members of this forum tell children stories of Pádraig Ashe to scare them.

Edit: Also, what rbg said there in the post above this.

What's your problem, I was not even posting on this thread. I mentioned a reported row once which had already been mentioned on the old forum by a different poster in a thread weeks ago, how that constitutes blathering on about it only and idiot would know .

You did not mention the last four of five posts where I wished Mr.Ashe all the best and hoped his tenure was a successful one. Would that be blathering as well.

Maybe you have an ulterior motive, If you have something to say bloody say it. I'm not on here to read shite posted about me from you or anyone.

Say it and we'll have it out if not then just shut your mouth.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

Geezers New Term Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geezers New Term   Geezers New Term Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 2:52 am

win saturday and he stays for defo!!!
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Geezers New Term Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geezers New Term   Geezers New Term Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 2:56 am

I'll add for everyone's information as I seem to have got labeled with a view point by a couple of members

I have nothing against now or before in relation to Padraig Ashe. What i was disappointed at was that the old forum was shut down without ever giving it the chance it deserved.

I have repeated on numerous occasions that it is done now and there is no point getting worked up about it as in life there are more important things to worry about.

I have also wished Padraig all the best in his tenure and I hope he can set in place the circumstances to bring success to the County.

If that does not make it clear where I stand then it's your problem not mine.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

Geezers New Term Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geezers New Term   Geezers New Term Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 5:36 am

He'll stay even if they lose tomorrow, if he's wanted.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

Geezers New Term Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geezers New Term   Geezers New Term Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 8:15 am

he will stay on
Back to top Go down
whitetop
Junior A
Junior A

Geezers New Term Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geezers New Term   Geezers New Term Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 9:30 am

can any one tell me if its up to the county chairman or is there a committee set up for it?? surly in this day and age its up to a couple of people within the county and not the one dictator...a vote perhaps.
please excuse my lack of knowledge on the issue...im here for the football!!
Back to top Go down
Dinny Breen
Senior
Senior
Dinny Breen

Geezers New Term Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geezers New Term   Geezers New Term Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 9:35 am

McGeeney won't be going anywhere, continuity is vitally important particularly with the young players we have coming through, it would be madness to jetison him now especially after how he turned things around after the Louth defeat (The Leinster Champs).
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

Geezers New Term Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geezers New Term   Geezers New Term Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 6:53 pm

whitetop wrote:
can any one tell me if its up to the county chairman or is there a committee set up for it?? surly in this day and age its up to a couple of people within the county and not the one dictator...a vote perhaps.
please excuse my lack of knowledge on the issue...im here for the football!!
the clubs have vote on it
Back to top Go down
Yellow Pearl
Senior
Senior

Geezers New Term Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geezers New Term   Geezers New Term Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 8:30 am

This argument is now a no brainer.

Its a given that the current setup will be in place for the next 2-3 years.

Forget I even started it......
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

Geezers New Term Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geezers New Term   Geezers New Term Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 10:31 am

the geezer job is safe so lets hope that end of this subject
Back to top Go down
FearBan
Intercounty
Intercounty
FearBan

Geezers New Term Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geezers New Term   Geezers New Term Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 11:28 am

Dinny Breen wrote:
McGeeney won't be going anywhere, continuity is vitally important particularly with the young players we have coming through, it would be madness to jetison him now especially after how he turned things around after the Louth defeat (The Leinster Champs).

Sorry now for being pedantic but why have some people (not so much on this forum in fairness) got the need to continually call Louth the Leinster Champions....they were beaten!! I dislike Meath as much as the nxt lillywhite but for Gods sake let it go. Provincial titles were never given out to hard luck stories, if they were we'd be to of the pile
Back to top Go down
Dinny Breen
Senior
Senior
Dinny Breen

Geezers New Term Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geezers New Term   Geezers New Term Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 3:46 pm

No ifs no buts they did enough to win that game except one man took it away from them, it's a tainted Leinster for Meath pure and simple so IMHO Louth are champs nothing for you to get worked over...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Geezers New Term Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geezers New Term   Geezers New Term Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Geezers New Term
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next