Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Tipperary

Go down 
+17
White Bridge
white boy
murof
Snowwhite
Liffey Likes
OutTheGap
Kildare98
John_R
KILL BILL
TommyKeegan
Shergar
jimmers
moatesports
Ohtoohtobe
lilysavage
Curraghplains
Lanemusic
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tomoneillandhissisteranne
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Tipperary Empty
PostSubject: Kildare v Tipperary   Kildare v Tipperary Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2019 1:13 am

Sometimes it's better to look forward than backward! This might be one of those times
Back to top Go down
Lanemusic
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tipperary   Kildare v Tipperary Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2019 10:29 pm

If we had been promoted this year, realistically the majority of div 1 teams are too much for us at the moment. These u20 players need time to settle at senior level and another year of div 2 isn’t the worst thing to happen to them. We need a good win against Tipp now and give donegal everything we have. Need a stand up performance to end the league on a positive note.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tipperary   Kildare v Tipperary Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2019 11:13 pm

If Clare beat Meath and Armagh beat Fermanagh, we would go up with 2 wins from last 2. Hopefully at least one lose and we still have something to play for in Donegal.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tipperary   Kildare v Tipperary Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2019 8:32 am

Kildare football is like the life of Brian always look on the bright side of life , beat tipp and u never know
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tipperary   Kildare v Tipperary Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2019 10:43 pm

There's absolutely no way we're getting promotion as we're screwed on the head to heads vs Fermanagh & Meath, which supersedes score difference.

Of the teams who might get promoted, the only team with the quality to stay up are Donegal – the rest are coming straight back down.

Have no enthusiasm for this game or the rest of Kildare seniors' season, but all I can say to them is – stay in Div 2 as that will be good starting point for new manager next year.

No doubt they'll get relegated now!!
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tipperary   Kildare v Tipperary Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2019 1:43 am

Head to Head is irrelevant if we finish a point ahead of Fermanagh and Donegal.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tipperary   Kildare v Tipperary Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2019 2:11 am

Don't see Fermanagh losing twice. Also we haven't a prayer of beating Donegal. We'll be doing well to beat Tipp.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tipperary   Kildare v Tipperary Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2019 3:46 am

Fermanagh have 2 tough away games, they could easily lose both. If we win both we would go up.
Not saying that's likely or even a good idea!
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tipperary   Kildare v Tipperary Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2019 3:53 am

Don't think Fermanagh will lose both. Beating Donegal away with Michael Murphy – we couldn't even beat two very average teams in Fermanagh and Meath.

I don't like saying it as it really hurts, but we really are going nowhere at the moment.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tipperary   Kildare v Tipperary Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2019 4:37 am

i agree with t oneill look forward, beat tipp and lets see whats on after that
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tipperary   Kildare v Tipperary Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2019 8:39 pm

Healy and Kevin Flynn are available for section for this weekend

Paul Cribbin is out due a set back with groin injury
Back to top Go down
tomoneillandhissisteranne
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tipperary   Kildare v Tipperary Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2019 1:21 am

Newbridgeornowhere wrote:
Healy and Kevin Flynn are available for section for this weekend

I really, really, really hope not!!!!! Surprised Shocked Laughing
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tipperary   Kildare v Tipperary Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2019 2:15 am

'Healy and Kevin Flynn are available for section for this weekend' - I can think of one or two on this forum who could go with them
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tipperary   Kildare v Tipperary Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2019 4:12 pm

Just looking at stats from last year. Paul Cribbin, Daniel Flynn and Niall Kelly contributed 10-54 between them in 2018. We’re a shadow of the team we were and with McCormack out too, we just won’t score enough.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tipperary   Kildare v Tipperary Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2019 12:09 am

lilysavage wrote:
'Healy and Kevin Flynn are available for section for this weekend' - I can think of one or two on this forum who could go with them

Brilliant..

There's a lot of interest in this match.. NOT.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tipperary   Kildare v Tipperary Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2019 3:25 am

lads, win and a right result elsewhere and you never know
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tipperary   Kildare v Tipperary Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2019 7:40 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
lilysavage wrote:

Brilliant..

There's a lot of interest in this match.. NOT.

Can't recall such a low-key build to a game in a long, long time................
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tipperary   Kildare v Tipperary Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2019 8:04 am

Team v Tipperary

Donnellan, D Hyland, O'Grady, M Hyland, O'Donoghue, Doyle, P Kelly, Feely, Moolick, Conway, Brophy, K Cribben, N Flynn, Healy, J Hyland
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tipperary   Kildare v Tipperary Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2019 1:14 pm

Won't be to many high balls in to the ff line.
Back to top Go down
Shergar
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tipperary   Kildare v Tipperary Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2019 12:50 am

Best of luck to the lads. Hope they finish better than the ladies just did!
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tipperary   Kildare v Tipperary Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2019 3:13 am

Torturous stuff.
Something has to change.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tipperary   Kildare v Tipperary Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2019 4:26 am

Two things, and again only listening but I think the words painted 1,000 pictures for a change.

Firstly - and I don't mean this in a personal sense, rather in a footballing sense, and I don't mean every player but a large enough amount to take over - we aren't winners. Thus we are losers. We can overrate our players sometimes, but today skill-set and technical quality clearly wasn't the blame. We were easily about 10 points better and nearly threw it away. That's all upstairs. Winners when up by 10 win by 20. Losers get into a battle because of their own decision making, attitude and mental trailty. Not the first time I've said this about Kildare, in fact you could argue that aside from 97-00 and 09-11, we've been that way for most of history. I'm hoping a batch of the under-20s change that over time given they went all the way so ruthlessly, but the danger is they are dragged back to the mean.

Secondly, Division Two is not the place to be if we ever want to compete in summer. Say what you want about our level not being up to the top flight, but there's no point being in this desert. Won't improve players as standard is crap. Easy way to prove this. Look at our campaign so far and rate it. And yet heading into our last game, however unlikely we are to get a result in Donegal, if we do we'll likely get promoted. In fact if Clare beat Meath - again unlikely - means essentially two semi-finals.

and the 97-00 team and
Back to top Go down
Liffey Likes
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tipperary   Kildare v Tipperary Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2019 4:39 am

Awful second half, I think Tipperary won the 2nd half something like 2-5 to 4 points and 2 of Kildare's points came in injury time, despite the wind this is nowhere close to acceptable, to be in that position at 71 minutes was worse than the Meath game. Yet promotion is very much a live possibly. I can't understand what the problem is, it's too easy to automatically place 100% blame on the management, of course they have to accept responsibility but I wonder what is at the root of this slump, we are certainly gone backwards on last 2 year performances.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tipperary   Kildare v Tipperary Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2019 4:45 am

We are simply papering over the cracks, the skill set is there, but the mind set isn't, this weakness is as much a part of Kildare's tradition as our white jerseys, I have been going to Kildare matches since the 70's, same then, same now.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tipperary   Kildare v Tipperary Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2019 4:53 am

Yep, loads of ability in this squad but they are mentally weak.

Having said that... I actually thought Fermanagh might get a result today, so - shockingly - we do go into final weekend with something to play for.

But you can already write the script for next week. Strong first half performance & we’re leading at half time. Then Donegal drive in a goal in second half & we end up losing by five or six.

Fervently hope I’m wrong of course.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tipperary   Kildare v Tipperary Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Tipperary
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next