Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Antrim

Go down 
+29
Rex
lilysavage
OutTheGap
Badger85
Ohtoohtobe
Snowwhite
intheback
John_R
Kildare98
Shergar
murof
jj
LillieLad
if_in_doubt
Taibi
TommyKeegan
kelf
moatesports
jimmers
Gaa1928
SeamusMurphy
lillyboy
steviegenius
Botch
KILL BILL
Shay tompkins
Highball
flourman
tomoneillandhissisteranne
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Kildare v Antrim - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Antrim   Kildare v Antrim - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2019 6:40 pm

Yet again people catching up with one of my predictions... I was raving about Robinson on here three years ago. Said at start of year he should have been in senior squad, got the usual abuse.

Have also got it over the years for Daniel Flynn, Ben McCormack, Niall Kelly, you name it...

Robinson should have been in senior squad since start of the year along with plethora of U20s... O’Neill managing it all wrong, waffling on again saying “they’re not ready”... Looking at the lads who are apparently ARE ready all year, god help us.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Antrim   Kildare v Antrim - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2019 7:44 pm

He has to want to be in the squad HG, same as Masterson and Mcloughlin. It's the job of the next manager to achieve that. Then we might be a more formidable outfit.
Some tough teams to avoid tomorrow in the draw.
Back to top Go down
John_R
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Antrim   Kildare v Antrim - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2019 8:06 pm

We don't even know if he wants to play senior!!

Can't blame O'Neill for him not being around atm (unless someone has word that Jack put his name forward!). Not everyone wants to play senior with the restrictions on life it puts.
Back to top Go down
John_R
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Antrim   Kildare v Antrim - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2019 8:08 pm

Also to further add to some of my previous posts regards misconceptions of the u20s, there are at least 2 of the u20 panel (mainstays at that) off to America this Summer. Not everything is mismanagement.
Back to top Go down
Shergar
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Antrim   Kildare v Antrim - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2019 8:12 pm

Robinson wouldn't commit before Xmas. He was asked. Unlike a lot of the kids he has delivered in the Sigerson especially in the quarter final versus Jordanstown when he gave one of the McKaigue brothers from Derry his fill of it often as a one man full forward line. Masterson couldn't commit because of the hours involved in his garda training. Gibbons and Nash have been there throughout contrary to fake news on here. McLoughlin wouldn't commit to playing Sigerson never mind inter county. Not sure what a manager is supposed to do in that situation. The players who want to commit got the job done. Nothing much else can be said. Could do with getting a couple of injured players back for the next game. Tyrell has really played his backside off. Nice to see the bench get emptied earlier than usual. Hope it becomes a habit. Avoid Tyrone and everything else is possible. Laois or Offaly followed by the Royals, who apparently never bow to the dubs, would be nice.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Antrim   Kildare v Antrim - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2019 8:33 pm

That’s fair enough... Wasn’t aware of the background. Although if people don’t know the background it will inevitably lead to speculation.

Shame you have to read this stuff on message board rather than in local paper. Anyway we will need to get more of these lads to commit in next few years otherwise we’ll go nowhere.

Btw still doesn’t change the abuse - and it is abuse - I get on here for pointing out the potential certain players have. So, pipe down lads who are that.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Antrim   Kildare v Antrim - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2019 8:35 pm

Also, why does O’Neill not just come out and say “I can’t get these lads to commit” rather than “they’re not ready” which is what’s he’s always saying, including yesterday.

Not doing himself any favors.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Antrim   Kildare v Antrim - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2019 8:54 pm

Jim Gavin - straightfaced - after today’s game: “The funding has nothing to do with our success... I don’t think the scoreboard accurately reflected the game.”

The whole situation is beyond parody at this stage... Split them yesterday FFS.
Back to top Go down
John_R
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Antrim   Kildare v Antrim - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2019 9:05 pm

Saying lads refuse to commit surely opens them up to more abuse from the public, calling into question their pride desire etc. They're young lads no need to have the county upset with them - GAA supporters can be ruthless.

"Player B can't give up the pints and shite food, and he doesn't want to train so much a week so he isn't arsed with the seniors this year"

As if! He's a decent man and I think few intercounty managers would throw a player under the bus.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Antrim   Kildare v Antrim - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2019 9:14 pm

Certain GAA fans are idiots so let’s lie to the real supporters... Right.
Back to top Go down
John_R
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Antrim   Kildare v Antrim - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2019 9:31 pm

Don't see how it's lies. If players don't want to commit I don't see how that's not the same as they aren't ready for it. If you don't want to commit to the drinking restrictions, the diet, the training etc. then yes, you aren't ready for the senior life!

You've been too quick to jump down O'Neills throat this year over u20s when it's been very easy to suss out where players are at and why some are no where near the scene.
Back to top Go down
intheback
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Antrim   Kildare v Antrim - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2019 8:05 am

Dublin match yesterday wasn't really about Dublin, It was about Meath, the second best team in Leinster being unable to execute the basics in gaelic football.

As for players opting out of panels etc well then that is their choice. Make it more appealing for them to commit. Let them be with their clubs more. Training every day of the week has got a lot of counties absolutely nowhere. If a player commits he will know what to do himself.
Back to top Go down
Snowwhite
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Antrim   Kildare v Antrim - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2019 8:35 am

[quote="HauntedGraffiti"]That’s fair enough... Wasn’t aware of the background. Although if people don’t know the background it will inevitably lead to speculation.

Shame you have to read this stuff on message board rather than in local paper. Anyway we will need to get more of these lads to commit in next few years otherwise we’ll go nowhere.

Btw still doesn’t change the abuse - and it is abuse - I get on here for pointing out the potential certain players have. So, pipe down lads who are that.[/qu

HG, you have never received abuse on this forum, what people have done is rightly called you out on stuff you were saying... What you have done however is taken every opportunity to stick the knife in your fellow Moorefield man CON and finally people who actually have an idea about what is going on in the team are putting you straight. You are well able to give it so now it is time for you to take it! Now, on to the draw.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Antrim   Kildare v Antrim - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2019 8:54 am

Shite. Can’t see us beating Tyrone to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Antrim   Kildare v Antrim - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2019 8:56 am

It’s in Newbridge, they’re no great shakes. They don’t put up big scores and have a number of injuries. Fuck them. Let’s go for it. Would I be right in saying this will be Conleth’s last county match in its current condition.
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Antrim   Kildare v Antrim - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2019 9:12 am

It's a hard draw alright but at least we're at home. We're probably better to find out where we are now rather than getting a easier draw. 

Ironically, I think we'd have more chance if Tyrone were playing the more expansive game they tried earlier in the season. It looks like they are back playing their more defensive game which we usually struggle to break down and they hit us on the break.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Antrim   Kildare v Antrim - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2019 9:16 am

Could be a cracker on Saturday night. Weather forecast good. Mickey Harte a shrewd man in qualifiers but if we perform, we can beat them.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Antrim   Kildare v Antrim - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2019 9:35 am

Lets go all out, if Tyrone were anything special they wouldn't be in the draw this morning. Nothing to fear. Get the atmosphere up, get behind the team like Mayo and away we go again.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Antrim   Kildare v Antrim - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2019 9:43 am

These are the games we should want..... no point an easy draw need to be tested to see where we are at and what bottle that players really have...…. happy to get Tyrone
Back to top Go down
Cassanata
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Antrim   Kildare v Antrim - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2019 10:20 am

On the absent U20 players I would say CON is protecting them more and taking the blame onto his shoulders by saying they are not ready. On this one CON is blameless in my opinion. Unfortunately the way the game is gone your not going to compete against the best unless you have a panel willing to commit to the training, diet, lifestyle.

On the game Antrim weren't up to much but you can only beat what is in front of you and they did that with ease. It was great to see there was no let up and the subs coming on keeping the scoreboard ticking over. We have to continue to be ruthless against this level of team which unfortunately we won't be meeting again this year.

On the Tyrone game I don't see any reason to fear them. Our shape has being much better recently and with a half forward line willing to work. With a home game, a bit of a tighter pitch and Tyrell in the form of his life I don't see why we cant win. It will be tough but doable.
Back to top Go down
Kildaretothebone
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Antrim   Kildare v Antrim - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2019 10:36 am

Tony Archibald is another of the U20 team who has major talent that hasn’t featured this year in championship apart from 15 mins against Donegal in the league
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Antrim   Kildare v Antrim - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2019 11:56 am

Senior inter-county is a huge step up from under 20. The physicality required is on a different level. It could take a few years worth of s&c work to adjust to the demands of the adult game. I'm certain CON would like players like Nash, Masterson, Robinson, O Giollain etc on the panel gaining experience but you can't blame lads if they're not satisfied with being among numbers 20-30 on the panel - realistically that is the role they would have this year. They can tip away with their clubs and head off to the US for the summer.

Good performance on Saturday against a weak Antrim side. Mick O'Grady's return over the last few games has steadied the defence somewhat. It also looks like there is merit in giving Keith Cribbin and Tommy Moolick a half each. Neither really have the legs for a full 70 minutes anymore and I would go with the same plan again against Tyrone. Fergal Conway is developing into a real leader and has improved as an attacking threat. Adam Tyrrell is another who has come on a lot. Ben McCormack was not as productive as he was against Dublin but I was impressed with his work rate. I hope the knocks himself and Neil Flynn picked up towards the end are not serious.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Antrim   Kildare v Antrim - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Antrim
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4