Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Next Kildare Manager

Go down 
+58
Badger85
micky murphy
lily4fr
hawker
Kildare98
All down the line
murof
Botch
Ogie
maccie
lilysavage
Club fan
TheManInTheStands
Onechance
lomond
steviegenius
White Bridge
Gaa1928
seamymurphy
Flamingo
Ohtoohtobe
OutTheGap
moatesports
Rex
learmus
Kildaretothebone
bite the pillow
jj
KILL BILL
intheback
kelf
shortgrass
TommyKeegan
Taibi
JohnnyMarr
Shergar
lillyboy
Big Full Back
Snowwhite
Fear An Geata
jimmers
Cilldara_2000
Onhisboot
inexile
flourman
Highball
FionnMcCool
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Kildare-Tom
Cassanata
white boy
Bigfullforward
SeamusMurphy
if_in_doubt
Shay tompkins
kildareking
bigball
Sorrynotsorry
62 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

Next Kildare Manager - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2019 11:54 pm

Shay tompkins wrote:

Thank god the people on this forum are not making the decision or we’d end up with Cian o Néill again. There will be no change to co chairman this year as during a major capital development ie st conleths park there is a concession to allow the current officers remain in their positions to oversee the project they have started. We could be run by twits for a few years more. ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR A NEW COUNTY CHAIRMAN WHO CAN BRING PROFESSIONALISM TO THE POSITION ,,,,...everything else will look after itself if we get the right leader.

Would you ever fuck off this forum you absolute clown.
Back to top Go down
white boy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 12:10 am

M.Rourke and Davy Burke as Number 2. Best ticket out there. Dermot Earley I don't think he has managed a U/16 Team correct me if you can.A Great kildare man but it a bit much to ask him to make a jump to manage a inter county team. O Rourke for me has being at the cutting edge of things, just to listening to the man he understands the way the Game has moved on. A kick of a Ball away from a all Ireland last year with the same Team that just got over us in super 8. He miles ahead of everybody else we should do all we can to get him here. Spoke to a friend up north today he says, we would be mad in the head, not to get him. The again you Don't know what our C.b will do.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 12:53 am

Sorrynotsorry wrote:
Would like someone outside the County myself tbh. Is a massive decision I agree and one that cant be rushed just to get someone in there. I rather it takes two months to get the right person than two weeks to just get it done

I'd say the process is well under way sns. 
While CON only officially resigned Today.. it was arguably a done deal. 
Any new Man in would surely want to be looking at whats happening in the club championship, otherwise he's at a disadvantage from the getgo.. and the same squad.
Unless of course he's from inside the County.
Back to top Go down
bigball
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 11:27 am

Obviously if Jack O C was interested he gets it with Glavin and Wolfe with him. If O Connor doesnt want it, then Davy Burke has to get it. He is the man to get the best out of our recent underage teams. Any future success is dependent on these guys coming through
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 12:20 pm

Who ever gets the job will have to start from scratch with the panel its need a complete over hall no one is safe no matter who you are it wasnt good enough for the last 5 or 6 years.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 12:36 pm

steviegenius wrote:
Who ever gets the job will have to start from scratch with the panel its need a complete over hall no one is safe no matter who you are it wasnt good enough for the last 5 or 6 years.

Absolutely agree.. ones place shouldn't be a given.

Not sure Davey will be involved tbh.. he's on his first Year with d Sash, and I'd say he'd be hoping to add a SFC club title to his cv.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 8:14 pm

Paddy Power now have Burke as favourite at 11/4. After that it’s Glen Ryan at 3/1 and Jack O’Connor at 4/1.

Obviously he’d be a great appointment but isn’t O’Connor a school teacher in Kerry? Surely he wouldn’t have anywhere near the time to do the job.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 9:03 pm

Pretty sure Jack O'Connor has retired from teaching but its a hell of a journey from Portmagee,,,,,,,,,,

Surprised some suggesting Davey B as a number 2 as he refused that for this year declaring higher ambitions,,,,

If an insider has to be Glenn ( who I don't actually like personally !!) and an outsider O'Rourke,

Niall Carew is a good bet for coach...…..
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 9:14 pm

That makes more sense about O’Connor alright... I have to admit he & O’Rourke very intriguing propositions.

If it’s “homegrown” candidate, I’d prefer Burke. He is au fait with current tactical trends and, let’s face it, only Kildare manager from three main grades with All Ireland to his name in over half-a-century. Plus he has the trust of the next generation of stars. Viewed from one angle, it’s a no-brainer.

Alternatively, Glen with Burke in back room team could work as well. Glen minus serious back room team I’d be concerned about.

He really has been away from county game a very long time at this stage.

Yeah Geezer hadn’t managed before but he’d just stepped away from cutting edge county set-up.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 9:34 pm

If Carlsberg did managerial appointments...

Jim McGuinness given job with Stephen Rochford as number two. During their five-year tenure, we play in a series of exhilarating all-time classics & collect the full set of league, Leinster & All Ireland.

After joint captains Brian McLoughlin & Aaron Masterson lift Sam, we go on the beer & party for six months - then disband forum with holy grail having been secured Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 9:45 pm

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
If Carlsberg did managerial appointments...

Jim McGuinness given job with Stephen Rochford as number two. During their five-year tenure, we play in a series of exhilarating all-time classics & collect the full set of league, Leinster & All Ireland.

After joint captains Brian McLoughlin & Aaron Masterson lift Sam, we go on the beer & party for six months - then disband forum with holy grail having been secured Very Happy
mc Loughlin would show all how party
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 9:54 pm

Razz Fair play to ya Brian boy leading by example!!
Back to top Go down
Liffey Likes
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 9:58 pm

I like the idea of Glenn Ryan for the following reasons.
1. He has invaluable senior intercounty management experience, several managers with potential and who possess excellent club and underage experience take a season or two to adapt, learn and improve. Glenn has this experience and has survived and improved.
2. He is open enough to accept help from coaching team. while he is strong he is not a dictator. In his term as Longford manager the players asked to add an additional coach in order to improve, he accepted and everyone bought into it and they improved further.
3. He got Longford playing above their capabilities and got Kildare to u21 all Ireland final. He won't accept moral victories.
4. He is a born winner and leader. In his playing days Kildare hadn't beaten Dublin for decades and Kildare had a serious inferior complex. Glenn was one of the main reasons why Kildare got the upper hand, he drove the team on in adversity. I remember reading that when analysing Dublin they wouldn't call Dublin players by name so not to give them too much respect but identified them by their number. He was hard and abrasive and not always popular with our neighbors but loved by Kildare fans. I recall a challenge game against Dublin he was alleged to absolutely harsly upend a physically huge Dublin plaer which even some Kildare people thought was excessive but I am sure he was laying down a marker.

I felt 4 years ago was the time to appoint him, even more so than now. As other posters point out being out of intercounty management for the past few years doesn't help but then he did win intermediate with round towers and he is getting good form from average senior team.

Last edited by Sir Gazelle on Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Liffey Likes
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 10:04 pm

If outside manager then our best prospect of landing an all Ireland winner is Jack O'Connor. Amazing record of winning all Ireland's. No nonsense tough manager by all accounts. If Kildare manager is to be appointed and if it's not not Glenn Ryan then my vote is for Davy Burke but I would love to see him serve as number 2 in senior set up for couple of years first. The step up from under age to senior is massive, underage football is much more open and naive.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 10:17 pm

As I said earlier, think Glen would need serious assistant - a la Rochford with Bonner currently - but if that was in place could see it working.

Would be a popular appointment & players would definitely have no place to hide.
Back to top Go down
Shay tompkins
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 11:32 pm

Reality check reality check. Davy Burke’s inter-county experience in competitive games. 8 games 7 wins and 1 loss. That’s it. Ok he led a team to win an all Ireland. But that is it.
That competition started 28th May 2018 and finished 14th July 2018. 7 week competition. Don’t get me wrong to win an all Ireland at any level is a major accomplishment and especially in Kildare.
Best decision made by the powers to be last year was not to entertain him or bow down to his ego.
Kildare also won a ladies intermediate all Ireland recently bur I don’t hear people looking for Alan Barry to throw his hat in the ring. This all Ireland was as good as if not better than the lads under 20 victory and certainly was run over a longer period with more games.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 11:43 pm

Shay, Alan Barry’s reign as Kildare u21 manager was an unmitigated disaster
Back to top Go down
kildareking
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 9:09 am

Alan flynn of this years management panel i think might have an interest in it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 9:22 am

Kildareking, I’m sure Our junior c team manager would also be interested
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 9:53 am

Jack o Connor now 5/2 favourite
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 10:49 am

Alan Barry? Are you seriously suggesting he would be better than Burke? Burke's team beat Dublin, Kerry and Mayo to win an AI.
If O'Connor is showing any interest then do everything possible to get him. He is an outsider with good knowledge of club football in the county. That for me alongside his Kerry record is the perfect CV. Last 2 times we tried an AI winning player it worked well!

Last edited by murof on Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 10:49 am

Sounds like the bookies don't have a clue, 3 different favourites in 3 days.......
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 10:50 am

murof wrote:
Alan Barry? Are you seriously suggesting he would be better than Burke? Burke's team beat Dublin, Kerry and Mayo to win an AI.
If O'Connor is showing any interest then do everything possible to get him. He is an outsider with good knowledge of club football in the county. That for me alongside his Kerry record is the perfect CV. Last 2 times we tried an AI winning manager it worked well!

Micko obviously but who is the 2nd one?
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 10:54 am

topcat wrote:
murof wrote:
If O'Connor is showing any interest then do everything possible to get him. He is an outsider with good knowledge of club football in the county. That for me alongside his Kerry record is the perfect CV. Last 2 times we tried an AI winning manager it worked well!

Micko obviously but who is the 2nd one?
Meant AI winning player.
Back to top Go down
kildareking
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 11:09 am

we dont have the quality of players simple as
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next Kildare Manager
Page 2 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next