Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Next Kildare Manager

Go down 
+58
Badger85
micky murphy
lily4fr
hawker
Kildare98
All down the line
murof
Botch
Ogie
maccie
lilysavage
Club fan
TheManInTheStands
Onechance
lomond
steviegenius
White Bridge
Gaa1928
seamymurphy
Flamingo
Ohtoohtobe
OutTheGap
moatesports
Rex
learmus
Kildaretothebone
bite the pillow
jj
KILL BILL
intheback
kelf
shortgrass
TommyKeegan
Taibi
JohnnyMarr
Shergar
lillyboy
Big Full Back
Snowwhite
Fear An Geata
jimmers
Cilldara_2000
Onhisboot
inexile
flourman
Highball
FionnMcCool
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Kildare-Tom
Cassanata
white boy
Bigfullforward
SeamusMurphy
if_in_doubt
Shay tompkins
kildareking
bigball
Sorrynotsorry
62 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Next Kildare Manager - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 9:48 pm

Before Jim McGuiness neither did Donegal and before Malachy O Rourke neither did Monaghan. The manager starts everything, it all flows through them. We may not have a All Ireland in us but we sure as shooting have more than what we have seen over the last few years. Apart from Mayo last year when was the last time you thought a Kildare team played to their fullest and left it all out there.

I don't think O' Rourke or a manager of that ilk would accept some of the performances we've put in lately. The foundation of any team is hard work. Can we say its the foundation of our current squad. They might feel or been told they are working hard but our eyes from the sideline tells a different story.

New manager, new standards and go from there.

Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 10:33 pm

Again who ever gets the job there backroom team is vital to get right you cant have what happen under Cian with new selectors trainers etc changing every year this has to be long term for the manager and backroom team.
Back to top Go down
Bigfullforward
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 10:48 pm

topcat wrote:
Sounds like the bookies don't have a clue, 3 different favourites in 3 days.......

More likely that a few quid has gone onto some of the candidates. A few three figure bets would probably be enough to change the odds on that book..
Back to top Go down
Bigfullforward
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 10:52 pm

I like Divilly. But he may not be "profile" enough to satisfy the powers that be.
Back to top Go down
shortgrass
Senior
Senior
shortgrass

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 11:32 pm

How about Pat Gilroy? Done a great re-structuring job with the Dubs - something we could do with?
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 12:39 am

Pat Gilroy is a class operator BUT his work commitments are serious. I doubt he would have the time.
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 12:46 am

Bigfullforward wrote:
I like Divilly. But he may not be "profile" enough to satisfy the powers that be.
currently involved in Galway u20 setup with Joyce.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 1:35 am

Newbridgeornowhere wrote:
Bigfullforward wrote:
currently involved in Galway u20 setup with Joyce.

I would imagine his involvement with 20s is with a view to moving up possibly next year as I can see Walsh stepping down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 2:20 am

Pat Gilroy wouldn’t manage any team unless it’s Dublin or St Vincent’s. Only in it for the love of place.
Back to top Go down
white boy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 10:16 am

Bang on the money Rex.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 10:42 am

Absolutely agree rex.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 12:07 pm

Jack o’connor is free now anyway
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 1:02 pm

I agree Rex totally with a new regime comes new standards. I suppose the questions are, is there enough quality within the current panel to go forward with genuine hope or are we being optimistic that a new man can work miracles with the current crop. A lot of optimism is that the U-20’s will step up but the reality is quite a few seem to have slid down the pecking order for one reason or the other and as is evident, the step up is a tough one for some. A lot also talk about our forward potential within the U-20’s from last year but my concern is not many backs are coming through. We have relied on the same 6-8 players and the back line has been porous and at times afraid to tackle. Can a new manager change things enough to create tough tackling backs or are there others who haven’t been available or not interested to shake it up a bit. The reality is any new man coming in needs 3-5 yrs to mound and shape a team to what he wants from them and the way he wants them to play. Patience is needed and if it takes two yrs for a new managers stamp to be put on the team well thats what it takes but unfortunately some look for instant results and these tend to be the noisy ones. Really the emphasis must be on trying as many as he can in the League and retain Div. 2 status to allow a building process without going straight up to Div 1.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 4:25 pm

I agree with John Doyle. The only year that matters is the next one. Otherwise you’ll be looking at three-to-five year plans forever.
Back to top Go down
white boy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 6:05 pm

Don't think jack o Connor is the man for us. After last night and last year with the 20 t word in kerry is, the can't wait to see the Back of him.I have a friend from Kerry and he thinks the same for a long time. He thinks the Game has moved on since jack won all Ireland's. Do we really want that for 3 year) ? we should move everything to get M.Rourke or go in House on Davy or Ross or Glen Ryan . That's the only show in town I see.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 6:55 pm

Have to agree, for all the talent in Kerry they have failed miserably after Minor. That result last night is a serious red flag.
Only two men for me. Malachy O Rourke and Glenn.
O' Rourke in my opinion should be prioritised over everything else.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 8:24 pm

O'Rourke on Sunday Game said he was really enjoying spending time with his family and playing golf. Didn't sound like a man who was in a rush to get back into management. And that's before you factor in commute involved. I think we will need to look elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 8:46 pm

Its Malachy O'Rourke for me and up to whoever in the County Board appointed to make the job 'attractive' enough for him to want it......…..
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 9:43 pm

Only on this forum would you read that guys dont want Jack O'Connor as manager. By some distance the best option (if it is a goer) out there.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 9:54 pm

lilysavage wrote:
Only on this forum would you read that guys dont want Jack O'Connor as manager. By some distance the best option (if it is a goer) out there.

In your opinion of course.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 10:29 pm

2 All Irelands in separate spells as Kerry manager. Ask anyone involved in preparing teams about him. Ask any of the Moorefield lads.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 10:37 pm

Just to put the Kildare job in context please remember that we haven't won a senior All-Ireland in 90 odd years..... and this year we struggled to get over Wicklow and only beat Longford after a replay and got cleaned out, walked and bullied by Dublin and Tyrone.... i would like Malachy but i would have no issue with Jack O'Connor and think he would bring a good backroom team to the table..
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 10:53 pm

To be fair to O'Connor, his U20s were missing their best players last night due to the stupid ruling that doesn't allow senior players to play for them.

He certainly wouldn't be my first choice either. As others have said, Ryan or O'Rurke would be ideal.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2019 12:36 am

Don’t get the attraction of Jack to be honest. Yesterday’s man in many respects.
3 u21/20 exists have shown a lack of kickout strategy and also no cover support for full back line.
In Germany they say Bayern have more big game players than anyone else and that they produce enough key moments to win the trophies they win rather than any system or philosophy of play.
When I think of Jacks All Ireland wins with Kerry they were all product of blowing teams away with their skill and power (Pat Flanagan). With the exception of Armagh in 2006 I don’t recall a real finely balanced game that they came out on top. Tyrone 2005 and Donegal 2012 come to mind.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2019 12:45 am

Hes won multiple senior, u21, minor, club and schools allirelands. Yesterdays man who has Moorefield MILES ahead of anyone else in Kildare.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next Kildare Manager
Page 3 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next