Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Next Kildare Manager

Go down 
+58
Badger85
micky murphy
lily4fr
hawker
Kildare98
All down the line
murof
Botch
Ogie
maccie
lilysavage
Club fan
TheManInTheStands
Onechance
lomond
steviegenius
White Bridge
Gaa1928
seamymurphy
Flamingo
Ohtoohtobe
OutTheGap
moatesports
Rex
learmus
Kildaretothebone
bite the pillow
jj
KILL BILL
intheback
kelf
shortgrass
TommyKeegan
Taibi
JohnnyMarr
Shergar
lillyboy
Big Full Back
Snowwhite
Fear An Geata
jimmers
Cilldara_2000
Onhisboot
inexile
flourman
Highball
FionnMcCool
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Kildare-Tom
Cassanata
white boy
Bigfullforward
SeamusMurphy
if_in_doubt
Shay tompkins
kildareking
bigball
Sorrynotsorry
62 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Cassanata
Senior
Senior

Next Kildare Manager - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2019 1:32 am

Even giving the point that he may not be the best strategist, which I am not so sure about, he can obviously get the best out of players which I will gladly take.
Back to top Go down
lily4fr
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2019 2:06 am

Would have to agree. Who are we to turn our noses up at a multiple all Ireland winning manager?! My preference would be for Glen but I'd have absolutely no issue with Jack O'Connor, that's if he'd be willing to take the thing in the first place!
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2019 2:30 am

I have absolutely no issue with JOC, I would be very exited if he made himself available, but if it came down to him or Malachy O' Rourke then O'Rourke for me is a better fit for the players we have and what we need them to do and improve on.
Back to top Go down
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2019 2:49 am

lily4fr wrote:
Would have to agree. Who are we to turn our noses up at a multiple all Ireland winning manager?! My preference would be for Glen but I'd have absolutely no issue with Jack O'Connor, that's if he'd be willing to take the thing in the first place!

Sure why not Sean Boylan so?
Back to top Go down
white boy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2019 4:48 am

When Moorefield win a big Game it all about Jacks Coaching behind closed Doors When the loose it Ross that training the Team.I think Ross is a Good Manager, that's still learning,he very Good man Manager and that what you need with Lads today .No problem with him for the Kildare job.As for the fans expecting big things ,why should we not. Ask any of the Kildare players and, the will tell you the would rather have it that way from the supporters. Don't see why we want to talk ourselves down at every opportunity we get. Does not happen in any of the top 5 countries at the moment. Our underage age is as Good if not better that most countries. We now need to learn how to transfer this to senior. Out side Dublin at the moment we, should be able to compete with the rest. This is why we need to get the best available.I am involved in underage in kildare and believe me go to a Felie, Get to a final and that the hardest match you get outside Kildare. As we say fuck the History Books, that's not these Lads fault.Up Kildare
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2019 10:12 am

Look. Let's get off Ross. He is not going to get the job. Anyone who thinks he has a chance is deluded
Back to top Go down
white boy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2019 9:06 pm

I think we are deluded,if we think J O C in going to bring us forward. Don't see anybody in kerry moving mountains to keep him inside the kerry setup at inter county level. if he not good enough for Kerry why should we have him ?.Monaghan would have done anything, to Hold on to M.Rourke to Build another Team, but he said no it need a change.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2019 10:11 am

Philly Wolfe could be in the running now, Shocked
Back to top Go down
lily4fr
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2019 10:27 am

Hahaha
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2019 8:18 pm

Phille Wolfe is similar to Ross imo. Good lads to have involved but not at county manager level yet.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2019 8:52 pm

Sean Mcgovern a fairly random also runner for Paddy Power to throw in at only 25/1 too😛
Back to top Go down
Liffey Likes
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 9:25 pm

I am not hearing any noise yet about the management appointment. It would be interesting to hear, is there a timeline on it? Is there a committee appointed to seek, interview and shortlist candidates, is this imminent or delayed during holiday season.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 9:50 pm

I'd say there will be a meeting about that!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Shay tompkins
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2019 9:38 am

There was obviously no meeting about the games in st conleths park. Embarrassing scenes for the county board and mr Donnelly in st conleths park over the weekend where a Rheban player was left on the pitch for nearly one hour with a broken leg and no medical personnel or ambulance in attendance. Does this render the insurance null and void. Does a division 4 final not matter are caragh and rheban not entitled to be treated the same as Sarsfields or Moorefield. Where was the county boards event management plan a document club insurers are now insisting clubs have in place for events and games. The confusion and lack of anything near a plan at the game was embarrassing. The behavior of the very few county board officers in attendance gives headless chickens a bad name. We seriously need a significant change of personnel at the county board or we are going no where. I know some of you disagree and that is your right but we are going no where with our current leadership or lack thereof. If these people can’t arrange fixtures properly why are we placing the future of our games in their hands.
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2019 5:21 pm

Will you please stop posting on multiple threads about the same issue
Back to top Go down
shortgrass
Senior
Senior
shortgrass

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2019 5:29 pm

Highball wrote:
Will you please stop posting on multiple threads about the same issue

I agree with this sentiment...
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2019 6:25 pm

Cilldara_2000 wrote:
TommyKeegan wrote:
If admin doesn't block Shay I'm sadly gone from this forum. Dublin counter to truth and we get enough elsewhere, even from Alan Milton and other association knuckledraggers brought in on this Dublin project. Admin you've a choice but always found this place for all disagreements to be for people who care about Kildare GAA. If it's open to this scourge, bye.

Wishful thinking. There hasn't been an admin online here in years EG see my post months ago about clearing the out of date stickied threads and deleting the spam bots.

Regarding the game, like most other supported the most reaction I can manage is an apathetic meh. At this stage I can't really bring myself to care anymore.

I posted this in a different thread when the question arose.

If the current admins don't even bother visiting once a year, they should hand the forum over to someone else who's willing and able to keep the place up and running.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2019 7:21 pm

Shay may have an agenda but at least he seems to be closer to Kildare football than most on here. The multiple posts are a bit annoying alright.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2019 8:14 pm

lilysavage wrote:
Shay may have an agenda but at least he seems to be closer to Kildare football than most on here. The multiple posts are a bit annoying alright.

Yep it’s between Allenwood and Carbury
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2019 8:26 pm

Is it Reilly stirring it for his campaign to become chairman
Back to top Go down
shortgrass
Senior
Senior
shortgrass

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2019 9:33 pm

lilysavage wrote:

I have no problem with his views - just have a problem with him posting the same post on multiple subjects. So annoying..
Back to top Go down
lily4fr
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2019 7:55 am

+1
Back to top Go down
Shay tompkins
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2019 9:28 am

Sorry guys I’ll tone it down. Just trying to make a point. The Kildare county board is a mess at underage and senior level and needs a change of personnel to bring a level of professionalism to the administration of our great games. If any of you are members or administrators of clubs in Kildare please encourage your chairpersons to encourage ambitious people to engage with the process of representing the clubs at county level. Also please encourage your clubs to select the right people as county board delegate for your club.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2019 12:57 pm

Think the main point Shay is that this thread is about the next Kildare manager. Posts about county board politics should go in the thread you started on that issue.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2019 7:16 pm

Ohtoohtobe wrote:
Think the main point Shay is that this thread is about the next Kildare manager. Posts about county board politics should go in the thread you started on that issue.

Exactly! Putting across three threads is pointless. No need to tone it down on the specific County Board thread.
No need to tone down chat on who is going to be next County Manager here.

So back to the point in hand...are there any developments?
Surely with Championship looming large there should be some movement and you would imagine that they must have, privately, been thinking about what happens if/ when O'Neill left.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next Kildare Manager
Page 4 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next