Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Next Kildare Manager

Go down 
+58
Badger85
micky murphy
lily4fr
hawker
Kildare98
All down the line
murof
Botch
Ogie
maccie
lilysavage
Club fan
TheManInTheStands
Onechance
lomond
steviegenius
White Bridge
Gaa1928
seamymurphy
Flamingo
Ohtoohtobe
OutTheGap
moatesports
Rex
learmus
Kildaretothebone
bite the pillow
jj
KILL BILL
intheback
kelf
shortgrass
TommyKeegan
Taibi
JohnnyMarr
Shergar
lillyboy
Big Full Back
Snowwhite
Fear An Geata
jimmers
Cilldara_2000
Onhisboot
inexile
flourman
Highball
FionnMcCool
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Kildare-Tom
Cassanata
white boy
Bigfullforward
SeamusMurphy
if_in_doubt
Shay tompkins
kildareking
bigball
Sorrynotsorry
62 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

Next Kildare Manager - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2019 9:17 pm

From my own point of view, I hope the county board are outsourcing the appointment of a manager to well known respected football people within the county. Doing it this way means the IM is starting from a strong start as he owes the county board nothing, similarly, the county board owe them nothing if it goes wrong, no element of having to save face for appointing the wrong man.
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2019 12:09 am

The longer it’s left the worse it gets. A manager should be in place for the club championships. Procrastinating by the county board is unacceptable (if that’s what is happening).
No reason why word can’t be put out seeking expressions of interest. Two weeks of interviews and pick a manager at the end.
This should all be done and dusted by mid August.
Will it?
Highly unlikely.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2019 7:23 am

Yeah the ideal would be to have a manager in place by the club championship. But it's difficult to get the right person. I would like to think prospective managers would be interested. Important appointment as this manager will define a lot of careers of potential players. We all know of many players who are now known as great servants all because the right manager got their hands on them and
enfluenced them. I have nothing against con and thought he was a good appointment at the time but I cannot pick one player he improved.
Back to top Go down
Shay tompkins
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2019 7:56 am

The main county board officers are on holiday. Nothing will happen until they all return which is next week.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2019 1:26 am

the two boys on the left and right at top of forum would be a great start
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2019 3:26 am

The list of names put forward for the Monaghan job wouldn't exactly inspire confidence, you could argue they're a team whose big players are at the tail end of their careers but at the same time they're a solid Division 1 side who've won a pair of Ulster titles over the last few years and were a kick of the ball away from an All Ireland final last year.

Tony McEntee surely the standout candidate for them ahead of Banty and Matty McGleenan. If we managed to attract a candidate of McEntee's experience I'd be happy enough, the less said about us going for somebody like Banty the better though...
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2019 1:13 pm

Not sure tbh mor is the right fit for us.. we don't have that Ulster type design in our pedigree. 
For me it's the GR
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2019 6:50 pm

Expressions of interest HAVE been asked for and others have been submitted. The process is under way.
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2019 8:49 pm

Malachy O’Rourke didn’t want to be considered for the vacant Derry job and is supposedly taking a break from management for a year so that rules him out. Would have been a long shot anyway with all the traveling involved.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2019 9:39 pm

JohnnyC wrote:
Malachy O’Rourke didn’t want to be considered for the vacant Derry job and is supposedly taking a break from management for a year so that rules him out. Would have been a long shot anyway with all the traveling involved.

Heard (rightly or wrongly) MOR has declined an opportunity to discuss the Kildare job. Shame if true but probably to have been expected given the logistics.
I’d imagine in the next fortnight or so there’ll be a shortlist from which we’ll have a better idea of what to expect. Please god get it right lads
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2019 5:52 am

After watching cats outplay Limerick who were odds on to win the McCarthy cup ,the work rate was in epic proportions ,to me that's the blueprint for us to beat the dubs out run them ,out tackle them , and out score them ,
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2019 8:29 am

Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 12:00 am

Outhurl the Dubs?
Back to top Go down
Liffey Likes
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2019 7:29 am

Very quiet here so just to stir it a little, are there any wild card suggestions. For the craic I will start with Bryan Cullen who has been with Leinster and the Dubs of course or what about John Courtney former cork player, former Kildare and Sarsfield manager and Dublin coach but of course he didn't cut it years ago or a mad suggestion altogether Paul Galvin.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2019 8:24 pm

Dead right Sir...
Surely there has to be some whispers. The last time it was this quiet Geezer came in from left field...

A double whammy management team could do the trick and I would still hope the Glavin/ O'Connor ticket was explored.
Also you would hope O'Rourke has been chatted to along and likewise Glenn would have been given an airing.

Championship is around the corner so you would hope, if it was an outsider they would be in place to look at club games.
The local lads would be on the sidelines for their clubs anyway, so maybe it will be in-house...

Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2019 10:46 pm

We're going to make a balls of this aren't we. I hope I'm proved completely ignorant but I have no faith the right man will be appointed. I think we'll just "settle".

Last edited by Rex on Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2019 10:47 pm

Rory Gallagher would be very interesting, would we be happy with what he brings? He'd certainly bring the lads up to speed in the dark arts
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2019 12:06 am

lillyboy wrote:
Rory Gallagher would be very interesting, would we be happy with what he brings? He'd certainly bring the lads up to speed in the dark arts

If we got him we could say goodbye to any forwards we have. Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
Bigfullforward
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2019 4:57 am

John Sugrue anyone? Just stepped down as manager of our beloved neighbours!
Back to top Go down
Liffey Likes
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2019 5:52 am

Bigfullforward wrote:
Interesting. He appears fairly impressive bringing Laois up two divisions and was a coach in Kerry all Ireland winning team.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2019 8:07 am

Sir Gazelle wrote:
Bigfullforward wrote:
Interesting. He appears fairly impressive bringing Laois up two divisions and was a coach in Kerry all Ireland winning team.

I would have brought Laois up 2 divisions, Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kildare-Tom
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2019 4:46 pm

I heard from a very good source that Davy burke had a meeting over weekend with county board, & he told Sarsfields at start of year that he will be taking kildare senior job if it was offered. Expect an announcement in coming weeks I say.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Onechance
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2019 5:49 pm

One name not been mentioned much is John Divilly, although he is probably in line with Joyce to take the Galway senior job if Walsh departs. A serious operator by all accounts.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2019 9:32 pm

niall carew anyone ?
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2019 11:09 pm

Looking at the job Rainbow is doing with Ballyboden, unbeaten this season, would he be worth a phonecall?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next Kildare Manager
Page 5 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next