Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hard luck to league finalists

Go down 
+4
Jimmy winning matches
Cluabú
walsheman
gaaweb
8 posters
AuthorMessage
gaaweb
Senior
Senior

Hard luck to league finalists Empty
PostSubject: Hard luck to league finalists   Hard luck to league finalists Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 12:53 am

Monday 2nd August 2010
Tom Cross Senior Football League Division 5 Final @ 6.00PM (ET 2*10 Min if Necessary)
At Naas Straffan V Moorefield
Tom Cross Senior Football League Division 6 Final @ 6.00PM (ET 2*10 Min if Necessary)
At Kilcock Maynooth V Clogherinkoe
Tom Cross Senior Football League Division 7 Final @ 6.00PM (ET 2*10 Min if Necessary)
At Rathcoffey Confey V Sallins

Hope ye weren't planning on celebrating too much after the Kildare games. I'd imagine most clubs will reschedule these to Friday night or Saturday????
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Hard luck to league finalists   Hard luck to league finalists Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 3:54 am

yeh,stupid day for them,do they ever think in the county board
Back to top Go down
Cluabú
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Hard luck to league finalists   Hard luck to league finalists Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 6:29 am

Once again sense has failed to prevail with the Kildare county board. To put an ounce of thought into those in the lower leagues would be a little too much to ask. Couldn't do it saturday or friday night because it doesn't suit the fat cats making all the calls. Disgraceful!!!
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Hard luck to league finalists   Hard luck to league finalists Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 8:40 am

brainless are county broad
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Hard luck to league finalists   Hard luck to league finalists Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 9:01 am

TBF to the county board, these fixtures were published before the CCCC meeting today. Kildare could just as easily have been playing in Saturday rather than being the headline fixture on Sunday. If Kildare had turned out to be playing on Sunday, would we have the same indignation?
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Hard luck to league finalists   Hard luck to league finalists Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 10:34 am

Lads you'd want to take a deep breath before ye wade in with the insults. Fat cats? They're volunteers for the love of jaysus.
As CillDara points out, fixtures were made before the draw. Plus, it is not the GAA's responsibility to to plan fixtures around drink. If you're playing in a league final, surely to God you can stay off the beer one weekend out of the year.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Hard luck to league finalists   Hard luck to league finalists Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 10:45 am

yeh and these are players training all year who deserve a bit of respect
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Hard luck to league finalists   Hard luck to league finalists Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 10:48 am

Yeah but I don't get what's disrespectful about it Walsheman?
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Hard luck to league finalists   Hard luck to league finalists Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 11:00 am

bank holiday weekend,im sure players have plans.
Back to top Go down
Cluabú
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Hard luck to league finalists   Hard luck to league finalists Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 7:18 pm

I agree walsheman. Ohtobe, would i be right in saying your probably not involved in any of the above games, in such a case its easy for you not to be annoyed. I had plans for the weekend and there gone up in smoke. Why not play satuday? Teams do it every other week. Monday of a bank holiday is harsh!
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Hard luck to league finalists   Hard luck to league finalists Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 9:54 pm

Cluabu you're half right I actually usually play for one of the teams involved, not doing so this year because I work Monday nights.
All I'm saying is you should put yourself in the fixture-makers shoes.
If they put it on Saturday or Sunday they would be inundated with teams saying lads had booked weekends away. By putting it on Monday evening anyone with such plans will be back, and that applies to supporters too.
Plus they knew Kildare would be playing one of those days (Sat or Sun) but not which one. Therefore, at the time they made these fixtures, they couldn't put it on Saturday or Sunday.
Now you might say why play it this weekend at all, and I would have to say you have a point.
BUT - again put yourself in their shoes. With Kildare going well they have a nightmare backlog of fixtures coming down the track, so they'll be anxious to get played what they can. Plus it's a few weeks now since these teams played their last round-robin match, leave it off this week and who knows when the next window will be.
If I was playing this year, I would probably say it was not ideal, but I'd also be starting to get sick of waiting around to play a very big game for the club and say fcuk it, I can go to Croke Park and stay off the beer, let's get it played.
Now I'm not saying they always get it right - far from it, and like everyone here, I've been left tearing my hair out in the past - but nor are they morons who fix games without thinking about it.
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: Hard luck to league finalists   Hard luck to league finalists Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 9:59 pm

Don't be silly o2b, the county board are evil..................EVIL, I tells ya.
Back to top Go down
Cluabú
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Hard luck to league finalists   Hard luck to league finalists Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 10:06 pm

Oh to oh to have to listen to the likes of that!!! Fair enough they didn't know whether it would be on sat or sun so why put it on at all this weekend. Back log of matches my eye, the leagues be over for 4 weeks. what was wrong with the last 3 mondays. I know the organisers and match fixers have a tough job but they don't do themselves any favours. Whats wrong with playing it on a weekday. Any weekday? I genuinely think no though goes into it at all and they do whatever suits them regardless of the lads who've trained hard since Feburary.

And another thing Ohtoohtobe, I know well if you we're still playing you'd be annoyed by this as it would put sunday night in the court in jeopardy for ya!!!!! geek
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Hard luck to league finalists   Hard luck to league finalists Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 12:02 am

We'll have to agree to disagree but I'd rather play it on a bank holiday monday than a regular Monday, when a lot of lads would have to head from work.
Truth be told Cluabu I'd probably still hit the nightclub and take me chances...
Back to top Go down
Cluabú
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Hard luck to league finalists   Hard luck to league finalists Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 12:10 am

Ohtoohtobe, I won't even agree to disagree with ya on this one. I feel strongly about it and its wrong. I bet if you ask every one of the 60 lads starting the three games would they rather it on a week night instead of bank holiday monday. At least 50 would say yes. Well if you'd of gone to the nightclub anyway that explains why you don't have a problem with the fixtures being on next monday. You obviously don't take it as serious as many others involved! Not to worry, at least I got to the base of your thinking!
Back to top Go down
totalgaa
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Hard luck to league finalists   Hard luck to league finalists Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 1:03 am

Cluabu, I hope there will by 90 lads starting
Back to top Go down
Cluabú
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Hard luck to league finalists   Hard luck to league finalists Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 4:25 am

True total gaa. Apologises maths was never my forte.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hard luck to league finalists   Hard luck to league finalists Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hard luck to league finalists
Page 1 of 1