Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

An end to pitch invasions (Good luck with that)

Go down 
+25
jnrwhite
gaaman
kartman
kickingking
Ogie
shortgrass
wingback
Kaiser Sóze
Loads of Pints
bag of white
Sam1928
rgb
Jimmy winning matches
hawker
Onhisboot
Stonecold
Dinny Breen
rubencarter
Oneill
Could'nt Trap Cement
walsheman
shoutitout
gaaweb
lilypremier
Rex
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

An end to pitch invasions (Good luck with that) Empty
PostSubject: An end to pitch invasions (Good luck with that)   An end to pitch invasions (Good luck with that) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 9:12 pm

I'm not going to jinx us by saying we are going to win or anything, so I'll just look at it from all semi finalists (nice ring to it) point of view.

Cork win: very excited fans doubt you will stop them.
Down win: even more excited fans, no chance of stopping them.
Dublin win: all the kings horses and all the kings men ain't going to stop an invasion.
Kildare win: chaos, pandemonium, all hell breaks loose. Plan B, C D or even E ain't going to keep em off the pitch.

Good luck Christy, Pauric and Peter. You have your wok cut out
Back to top Go down
lilypremier
Senior
Senior
lilypremier

PostSubject: Re: An end to pitch invasions (Good luck with that)   An end to pitch invasions (Good luck with that) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 9:16 pm

HAHA that is very true indeed. Well said JME , they definatley wont be keeping me off the pitch if we win!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An end to pitch invasions (Good luck with that)   An end to pitch invasions (Good luck with that) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 9:23 pm

I had to use all my strenght to restrain one of my mates from making a burst at one of the stewards at the bottom of the steps in Cusak at the weekend. He spotted a larger than life female steward and tried to convince me he could out run her, I'm pretty sure he would have but this was only after the Meath match.
I can only imagine the chaos should the dreamable happen.

Anyone else see RTE 1 last night , Croke Park Lives. Showed the amount of effort that goes into staging an all Ireland final, was excellent.

Last edited by fionnmccool on Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gaaweb
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: An end to pitch invasions (Good luck with that)   An end to pitch invasions (Good luck with that) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 9:23 pm

Or me cheers
Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: An end to pitch invasions (Good luck with that)   An end to pitch invasions (Good luck with that) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 10:33 pm

Was going to go on to the pitch after the final in 98 but stoped myself. Said I would never go onto it till Kildare won the Sam. When we do (which I hope/pray is this year) it will not matter how many stewards or what kind of a fence there is I am going onto that pitch.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: An end to pitch invasions (Good luck with that)   An end to pitch invasions (Good luck with that) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 1:19 am

ill take out 5 or 6 of the stewarts to get on!!!
Back to top Go down
Could'nt Trap Cement
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: An end to pitch invasions (Good luck with that)   An end to pitch invasions (Good luck with that) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 2:01 am

Probably on my own here , but i always think its a shame when fans invade the pitch the minute the game ends , think the players should be given more time to celebrate by themselves on the pitch..........
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: An end to pitch invasions (Good luck with that)   An end to pitch invasions (Good luck with that) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 2:03 am

ah they will love being lifted up into the air if they win!!!!
Back to top Go down
Oneill
Junior A
Junior A
Oneill

PostSubject: Re: An end to pitch invasions (Good luck with that)   An end to pitch invasions (Good luck with that) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 2:24 am

fionnmccool wrote:
I had to use all my strenght to restrain one of my mates from making a burst at one of the stewards at the bottom of the steps in Cusak at the weekend. He spotted a larger than life female steward and tried to convince me he could out run her, I'm pretty sure he would have but this was only after the Meath match.
I can only imagine the chaos should the dreamable happen.

Anyone else see RTE 1 last night , Croke Park Lives. Showed the amount of effort that goes into staging an all Ireland final, was excellent.

Fair play Fionn...forgot to record it last night...just watched it there...excellent documentary....some ammount of work and effort goes into it...hopefully we get there this year to experience the day Smile
Back to top Go down
Oneill
Junior A
Junior A
Oneill

PostSubject: Re: An end to pitch invasions (Good luck with that)   An end to pitch invasions (Good luck with that) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 2:25 am

Could'nt Trap Cement wrote:
Probably on my own here , but i always think its a shame when fans invade the pitch the minute the game ends , think the players should be given more time to celebrate by themselves on the pitch..........

Looking at that Croke Park Lives on rte there...the head gaurd even said that as the Armagh minors were doing alap of honour with the cup,saying that the seniors miss out on that...
Back to top Go down
rubencarter
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: An end to pitch invasions (Good luck with that)   An end to pitch invasions (Good luck with that) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 2:26 am

if kildare win the all ireland,everyone will be invading the pitch fact.
Back to top Go down
Oneill
Junior A
Junior A
Oneill

PostSubject: Re: An end to pitch invasions (Good luck with that)   An end to pitch invasions (Good luck with that) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 2:28 am

I dont doubt it for a minute ruben.....

I'll be there on the pitch anyways!!!
Back to top Go down
Dinny Breen
Senior
Senior
Dinny Breen

PostSubject: Re: An end to pitch invasions (Good luck with that)   An end to pitch invasions (Good luck with that) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 2:30 am

All they need to do is organise it properly

Allow 5 minutes for players to celebrate and for officials to clear off and then you open the gates and allow people on...
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: An end to pitch invasions (Good luck with that)   An end to pitch invasions (Good luck with that) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 2:47 am

There was a bit on there last night where some one radios up to the control tower that a piece of the pitch was missing after someone wanted a souvenir.

If we do go all the way, it could be a scene like when the Scots beat the English in Wembley and decided to bring the pitch back with home with them.

Check list for All Ireland day,

Ticket.........Check
Money........Check
Jersey........Check
Bucket and spade.....Check
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: An end to pitch invasions (Good luck with that)   An end to pitch invasions (Good luck with that) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 2:55 am

Its like dogs chasing cars to me, like wtf you gonna do on the pitch. I remember being on it in '98 and didn't know what the attraction is with it. Direct family members I can understand but......
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: An end to pitch invasions (Good luck with that)   An end to pitch invasions (Good luck with that) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 3:01 am

Now that you say that SC your right, you get on there run around about then think to yourself "what do I do now" then you run around a little more.
Back to top Go down
Onhisboot
Intercounty
Intercounty
Onhisboot

PostSubject: Re: An end to pitch invasions (Good luck with that)   An end to pitch invasions (Good luck with that) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 3:48 am

Lets reign in the enthusiasm lads, A Bit of work left to be done before we can talk about all ireland final day, we should learn from 98 and try to keep a lid on the hype and keep it real, We all know what we want and how much it would mean, but one game at a time!
Back to top Go down
lilypremier
Senior
Senior
lilypremier

PostSubject: Re: An end to pitch invasions (Good luck with that)   An end to pitch invasions (Good luck with that) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 4:01 am

Well said ESB we all should let the lads get down to buisness, whilst enjoying ourselves for the next while.
Back to top Go down
gaaweb
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: An end to pitch invasions (Good luck with that)   An end to pitch invasions (Good luck with that) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 5:07 am

I agree ESB but then again I am a kildare fan and so at the beginning of every season I believe that this will be the year.

It's a well know fact that you're not a true kildare fan unless you're wildly optimistic......
Back to top Go down
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: An end to pitch invasions (Good luck with that)   An end to pitch invasions (Good luck with that) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 5:31 am

People lets not get ahead of ourselves here. We have another huge game against Down at the end of August. We saw them against Kerry and this is another big step up from Meath. I don't think its right to be talking about an All Ireland final pitch invasion when we're not even in one. As fans we should be giving the players a chance to play the semi and get over that first.

Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: An end to pitch invasions (Good luck with that)   An end to pitch invasions (Good luck with that) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 5:44 am

lads relax and enjoy the victory last sunday. we a huge game with down we need clam about it for players stake
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: An end to pitch invasions (Good luck with that)   An end to pitch invasions (Good luck with that) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 5:55 am

Yeah
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: An end to pitch invasions (Good luck with that)   An end to pitch invasions (Good luck with that) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 7:11 am

fone wrote:
lads relax and enjoy the victory last sunday. we a huge game with down we need clam about it for players stake

Fone me oul' segocia, you're definitely up there with James Joyce.
Back to top Go down
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: An end to pitch invasions (Good luck with that)   An end to pitch invasions (Good luck with that) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 7:19 am

fone wrote:

Something fishy about this post?
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: An end to pitch invasions (Good luck with that)   An end to pitch invasions (Good luck with that) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 7:19 am

good clams are hard to get these days.

Don't mind me I'm trouting nonsense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An end to pitch invasions (Good luck with that)   An end to pitch invasions (Good luck with that) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An end to pitch invasions (Good luck with that)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next