Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Meath

Go down 
+47
Caprea
TommyKeegan
Taibi
Club fan
DONTPULLOUT
Curraghplains
Botch
lomond
Gaa1928
GoDownOnIt
seamymurphy
steviegenius
Ohtoohtobe
topcat
CantonasCollar
Cilldara_2000
Liffey Likes
murof
Twentyeight
kelf
Cassanata
Highball
bite the pillow
jimmers
lilysavage
Micko lillywhite
Lanemusic
moatesports
John_R
Badger85
Flamingo
Onhisboot
BearintheSquare
micky murphy
ClaneLillywhite
parcel
tomoneillandhissisteranne
OutTheGap
TheGeneral
Ronburgundy2020
kildarecat
jemser
Frodo93
white boy
bigball
Borderline
Dinny Breen
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Meath - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2020 5:51 am

Botch wrote:
What is the best way to work on mental weakness?
The only way I know is through thought extreme training and I assume we are doing that.

I assume Micko ran and ran us in the 90s until the only lads standarding were lads willing to go through the pain

I'm sure I've read quotes and heard interviews confirming this.

Could you imagine the uproar if a manager did that now? You'd have all and sundry calling him a stone age manager and looking for yet another overpaid spoofer with a clipboard (or is it an app linked to the GPS now?)

Not that I'm having a go at the current manager. I've said it several times on this forum over the last few years that it's a psychiatrist that this team needs.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2020 6:00 am

The best way to become a great lad is to not make the county team, then everyone questions wtf the manager is at not picking this lad...
Like I do like Moolick but if he was really playing out of his skin in training and showing to the point there is no way he could NOT start he would be in there.
Masterson was another one for a while too, but did he do that either in all honesty?

Kirwan came in, was given a chance and fuckin took it. Now, I am not saying he a top class player but he went for it. How many lads really have done that in recent years?

Then we flip it and we don't give enough for the dogs we had down the years. Daryl Flynn is one who was not given enough appreciation.
Flanno would have some wayward passes and get grief but Geezer started him and he would go through a wall to win dirty ball.

Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2020 6:10 am

I've always been a huge fan of Glen but think that boat has sailed. He would have been a cert in 08 after the U21's but unfortunately we had Mcgeeney in and had to give him a chance. How we selected O'Neill over him I'll never know but it's history now.
Strange as it may seem but I think it all started to unravel in the corresponding game in 2012 against Meath. They ran through us that day, Cork took it to another level later on and no manager since has been able to arrest it.
The best defense we ever had almost won us an AI in 98, what would we give for characters like that now.
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2020 6:14 am

murof wrote:
I've always been a huge fan of Glen but think that boat has sailed. He would have been a cert in 08 after the U21's but unfortunately we had Mcgeeney in and had to give him a chance. How we selected O'Neill over him I'll never know but it's history now.
Strange as it may seem but I think it all started to unravel in the corresponding game in 2012 against Meath. They ran through us that day, Cork took it to another level later on and no manager since has been able to arrest it.
The best defense we ever had almost won us an AI in 98, what would we give for characters like that now.
Glenn has not setting club sense a light with towers lately
Back to top Go down
GoDownOnIt
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2020 6:19 am

Glenn needs to be the next manager.... He embodies what we lack.... how more obvious can it be... That ship hasn't sailed, he never got a chance to leave the harbour!
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2020 6:25 am

GoDownOnIt wrote:
Glenn needs to be the next manager.... He embodies what we lack.... how more obvious can it be... That ship hasn't sailed, he never got a chance to leave the harbour!
More chance of trump re-elected in 2024 that Glenn getting Kildare job

Botch, BearintheSquare and ClaneLillywhite like this post

Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2020 6:33 am

It's a tough task but I do think getting rainbow and Glen Ryan and D early involved would be beneficial. Bolton and Flanagan and lacey with under 21 team. Hopefully there is violence in the games at that end of each session. I would expect the defenders on that u21 team to be well coached in defending. No shadow marking there 😀

GoDownOnIt likes this post

Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2020 6:39 am

Botch wrote:
It's a tough task but I do think getting rainbow and Glen Ryan and D early involved would be beneficial. Bolton and Flanagan and lacey with under 21 team. Hopefully there is violence in the games at that end of each session. I would expect the defenders on that u21 team to be well coached in defending. No shadow marking there 😀
Brain Lacey not involved with u20 this year that came from Brian himself.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2020 6:41 am

Newbridgeornowhere wrote:
Botch wrote:

Oh sorry. Thought I heard or read he was
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2020 6:49 am

Botch wrote:
Botch wrote:

Oh sorry. Thought I heard or read he was
county board slip up
Back to top Go down
GoDownOnIt
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2020 7:40 am

GoDownOnIt wrote:
  More chance of trump re-elected in 2024 that Glenn getting Kildare job

Unfortunately I think you're right. Its a pity in my opinion as I would have loved to see Glenn manage Kildare at some point.

But anyway Jack O'Connor won't be going anywhere for a while so we should get behind him and hope that he saw today what everyone on here saw.

I hope he did and that he's going to try to do something about it.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2020 8:14 am

By get behind him, do you realise the massive, massive cost? I mean massive. I mean why should anyone continue to fundraise, why should I buy jerseys,why anything given a lot of it is going to a man who produces that organisation and lives it up off such money that dwarfs an average wage?
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2020 8:31 am

Ewan,
I’m guessing you have info that the rest of us are privy to? When you say massive money, what are we talking? And how sure are you that your sources are correct?
Back to top Go down
GoDownOnIt
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2020 8:34 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
By get behind him, do you realise the massive, massive cost? I mean massive. I mean why should anyone continue to fundraise, why should I buy jerseys,why anything given a lot of it is going to a man who produces that organisation and lives it up off such money that dwarfs an average wage?

I don't know the specifics of how much he's getting but would love to! Feel free to enlighten me. If it was up to me he wouldn't have got the job in the first place. However, I can't see the county board getting rid of him this year so better to get behind him and his management team (who are quality people I believe) and hope that they see what we've all seen today and look to address it as a priority.

Then hope that we get Glenn Ryan or Davy Burke next time around.
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2020 8:39 am

Even mcGeeney might throw name in for job

Blackadder and BearintheSquare like this post

Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2020 9:18 am

I do think the forward line has looked better this year. But we still lack the aggression needed for a county team. So maybe Jack is working on that. I am hoping he is and maybe we will be a better outfit next year. The defence as a unit needs work. They need to be coached. Hard to believe but they need to be coached on how to defend. I do believe they lacked direction in how management want them to work together. Ie. Any extra men coming back? Man on man marking. Wing backs attacking but getting covered. Surely Jack can work on that
Back to top Go down
ClaneLillywhite
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2020 9:36 am

We continue to watch and except the same players doing the same thing every time they pull on a Kildare and club jersey, especially lads from the 2010 & 2011 minor teams if they haven't kicked on by now when will they?

Don't agree with blaming the manager off the bat but can someone here please tell me why there are 4 managers on the line? Why wasn't Brian Murphy giving the job after his underage success? Was he trusted to do the job then, no? Why now?

Tom Cribbin? What has he won this decade, except only beaten this Kildare team with Westmeath?

Glavin is clearly the one heard calling shots on the line but this team doesn't have the same attitude and character that his Moorefield team had.

Jack O'Connor - Couldn't make the decisions on the line with that great Kerry team he had nor with the minors & u20s.

Hindsight, the job should have been given to Burke or Glavin, with a free run at it to allow them to blood the u20 and minors teams of 2013+ over the next few years. It takes 18 months for them lads to get to the pitch of the game. What do we do? Stick with lads who have bottled it over an 8 year period.

Two Clane men on the line and Brian McLoughlin not on the panel ahead of Brophy, Flynn, Cribbin?

For my sins, I rewatched that first half, if we had any tactical nuance, grit, determination, bottle, spacial or game awareness we could have gone in at HT 15 points up!

Con Kavanagh, wins the dirty ball and kicks it in only to get blocked by a Meath man 10 metres in front of him. They go up and score

Paddy Brophy * 2 wides and 1 handpass into the goal, can't use his left hand to hand pass the ball over the ball?
Kirwan *2 wides
Eoin Doyle handpasses over Hyland's head, no one there.

Jesus Christ

Hyland wide fee
Feeley potshot, it's still in the air.

We reach the halfway line and turn back and hand pass it to a man standing there, every time.

Brophy waltzing around the middle going nowhere.

Brophy fouls a lad aimlessly in the middle third, no reason.
Eoin Doyle back marking space, doing f all. Gavin roaring at him

Easy free by Conway.

Lose the ball in the tackle, Mattie Byrne

Kirwan wins a free, Brophy takes it from 30metre out only to kick it backwards.

The high ball kicked into Hyland. Obviously doesn't win it because he's 5ft even. Meath breakout and score an east free.

Brophy finally scores, after Kildare losing the ball and winning it back.

First "hard" tackle by McCormack. High shoulder. Yellow card

Ross Glavin clearly calling each play on the line, even telling certain players what to do and where to be

Ben Cormack, miss. No chance of scoring there.

Lose a High ball into the ff line, 5 Meath men. Why the need?

Not one goal chance created yet.

Kev Flynn misses a seater of a goal. 1 v 1. Serious momentum builder if that goes in.

Donnellan saves a serious shot. And the next 45.

Matte Bryne, great kick passing to the ff line inside.

Kirwan snatches a kick near the end.

Last 15 mins they could have really blown Meath away

Hyland kicks a score but if he passes the ball to Shea Ryan off the shoulder, it's a certain goal.

Could be 17-18 up going in at HT if we were anyway cyclical

Instead, we went in 6.

That's the difference. What was said at half time?, well done lads, well done your 6 points up, keep going you're doing great out there?

No, lads you should be up by 15 points in a Leinster semi-final. Game over. Run a few lads in after 15 minutes, don't concede any goals. Confidence high going to play the Dubs.

What happens next? Game over after 10 minutes.

Players need to take a serious look at themselves, I know they don't go out there to lose and they give it an honest effort but you got to wonder why you put your life on hold and live your life for football and to go out like that is a sin.

Hard luck to those players and give us something to shout and talk about but something has to change.

Onhisboot, shortgrass, jimmers, seamymurphy and BearintheSquare like this post

Back to top Go down
BearintheSquare
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2020 9:53 am

Excellent post clane lillywhite
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2020 10:15 am

Tell you another thing, Shea Ryan sums it up as I watch it again. Useless in actual play, zero fight, but cheap cowardly shot after being humiliated. Well done lads.
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2020 10:21 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
Tell you another thing, Shea Ryan sums it up as I watch it again. Useless in actual play, zero fight, but cheap cowardly shot after being humiliated. Well done lads.
Davy Burke rates Shea Ryan as footballer

lilysavage and ClaneLillywhite like this post

Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2020 10:28 am

Put away the cheap lager Tommy. You're embarassing yourself again.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2020 11:07 am

Tom Cribbin and Bryan Murphy - not an ouce of footballing acumen between them. Murphy still living off a tap in 22 years ago and Cribbin, well I don't really know what that guy has ever done. I remember flagging these two when they were appointed but was shot down by a few posters.

We are the laughing stock of Ireland. Look at Cavan today, 10 points down but claw it back to make it to an Ulster final, Mayo grinding out a result having not played well, Cork busting their holes until the bitter end to beat Kerry last week and of course Meath battering us today. All teams that would be around our level in the league.

Kildare just cannot seem to up the gears when needed and when things start to go wrong, just keep doing the same things at the same pace over and over again.

I cannot believe Paul Cribbin is deemed not good enough to be starting on this team, cannot get my head around that. Mattie Byrne wing forward? Seriously? Kicked a few nice scores but the man is a midfielder.

Masterson is just not good enough at this level. Ryan at FB is weak. Daniel Flynn is only there because he can't travel.

Eoin Doyle is injured for some games, out of position when he's fit, nasty when things don't go his way and generally seems lost. What has happened to him? A few short years ago he was Glenn Ryan incarnate.

We have Jimmy Hyland in the corner, country was raving about him 2 years ago and rightly so, the best U20 player in the country by some way. 14 others should be donkeying and making sure he is given perfect ball, the lad is capable of hitting 10 points a game. But our lads ignore him, kick it in high to him and offer no support when he does get it. Feely kicked for a score at one stage, it nearly left the planet, David Moran type stuff. Recycle and wait. Seems alien to these lads. Jamie Clarke is similar stature to Hyland and Armagh mostly utilise him very well in the hard hitting Ulster SFC.

No words to describe Brophy today. He epitomises everything that is wrong with this current team.

A dark day for Kildare football.

moatesports, white boy and ClaneLillywhite like this post

Back to top Go down
John_R
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2020 12:24 pm

Ah jeez a tad unfair on Brophy. He's a usual scapegoat on here but he's done well this year to turn his form around and has been one of our better players, whether people like it or not.

Bad day at the office for him but let's not twist the knife.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2020 12:28 pm

18-point turnaround against Meath since 2017, just saying.
Back to top Go down
BearintheSquare
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2020 8:13 pm

Taibi wrote:
Tom Cribbin and Bryan Murphy - not an ouce of footballing acumen between them. Murphy still living off a tap in 22 years ago and Cribbin, well I don't really know what that guy has ever done. I remember flagging these two when they were appointed but was shot down by a few posters.

We are the laughing stock of Ireland. Look at Cavan today, 10 points down but claw it back to make it to an Ulster final, Mayo grinding out a result having not played well, Cork busting their holes until the bitter end to beat Kerry last week and of course Meath battering us today. All teams that would be around our level in the league.

Kildare just cannot seem to up the gears when needed and when things start to go wrong, just keep doing the same things at the same pace over and over again.

I cannot believe Paul Cribbin is deemed not good enough to be starting on this team, cannot get my head around that. Mattie Byrne wing forward? Seriously? Kicked a few nice scores but the man is a midfielder.

Masterson is just not good enough at this level. Ryan at FB is weak. Daniel Flynn is only there because he can't travel.

Eoin Doyle is injured for some games, out of position when he's fit, nasty when things don't go his way and generally seems lost. What has happened to him? A few short years ago he was Glenn Ryan incarnate.

We have Jimmy Hyland in the corner, country was raving about him 2 years ago and rightly so, the best U20 player in the country by some way. 14 others should be donkeying and making sure he is given perfect ball, the lad is capable of hitting 10 points a game. But our lads ignore him, kick it in high to him and offer no support when he does get it. Feely kicked for a score at one stage, it nearly left the planet, David Moran type stuff. Recycle and wait. Seems alien to these lads. Jamie Clarke is similar stature to Hyland and Armagh mostly utilise him very well in the hard hitting Ulster SFC.

No words to describe Brophy today. He epitomises everything that is wrong with this current team.

A dark day for Kildare football.

Paul hasnt set the world alight when he played this year either for club or county.
Daniel is a waste of time tbh.. a shadow of the man he was in 18 and i cant see him ever returnign to that kind of form. Id like to see luke at 6 though. Hes a hardy bastard and not afraid to mix it. Lads like him are what we need. Lads with a bit of toughness and a touch of a tinker about them. Id have Paschal Connell in my panel too.

Kildare players are all a nice bunch of lads... The sort of fellows youd like to see dating your Daughter...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Meath
Page 5 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next