Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2024 Allianz League

Go down 
+86
Nuxerfromthe50
Caprea
Taibi
Cassanata
Hurlerbehindtheditch
TheGreatof1928
Kildare-Tom
Anyonebutthedubs
Honthelillies
lilywhites on tour
Ogie
Cilldara_2000
Pr14
All down the line
smokey
Haggisgolf
Botch
bigball
Lanemusic
TheManInTheStands
OutTheGap
White Bridge
Ontheterrace
ChasingSam
Macckers1928
bite the pillow
CantonasCollar
MickosMen
shunta15
ClaneLillywhite
Sleeptight
proud_lily
Carburyhill
NorthernLily89
The flour bags
srg hartman
Shergar
lily4fr
Tawnbag123
bloodsub
totalgaa
cuttothebone
moatesports
centreback
Dermot Hennessy
Leead64
Southern Gael
KILL BILL
Clubman
jimmers
murof
LillieLad
Twentyeight
Thelillywhites
lily92
MD
DannyBoy
BearintheSquare
newornowhere
FionnMcCool
flourman
Kildarelilly
Gaa1928
Lilywhite forever
lomond
micky murphy
Onechance
lilysavage
Rex
if_in_doubt
gunnerman
Ohtoohtobe
SplitThePosts
Liffey Likes
Onhisboot
OutSideOfTheBoot
Badger85
Flamingo
rgb
Bigfullforward
Kildare999
TommyKeegan
Kildare98
TheBigDog#
FlourBag_1
really_unofficial_kildare
90 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

2024 Allianz League - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 2:33 am

Badger85 wrote:
Jimmy further out the field??

He has many fine attributes, tracking back, fielding high ball or winning breaking ball, holding onto the ball in the tackle, or holding up a player with the ball are none of them. He is too easily knocked off the ball.

Jimmy is an out and out corner forward, who takes the ball on the loop and chips over points under pressure and with little space to play in. Whether he’s in our best starting 15 is another debat. Form and injuries have affected his prospects.

I think you`ve read it wrong jimmy is inside with kirwin but id forgot about ben
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 4:03 am

In the disaster games of Cork and Derry our forward movement was atrocious and I noticed some lads mirroring runs. I'd stick Kirwan and Jimmy as close to goal as we can.

Let Dan roam in and out. if needed he can throw some weight around inside, or he can run from deeper and just pop it off to the finishers. I have to say and it was noted here, when we were in Div 1 last time he did a lot more dirty work and Jimmy and Ben benefitted.

Ben stays where he is and can still run but doesn't need to drop too deep. I'd rather him running off shoulders and towards goal than coming out collecting.

Feely sits ALL the time and just feeds it and organises the lads around him. If Doyle is back he is another man to direct things too.
Back to top Go down
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 10:09 pm

There are some injuries that would have knocked us way back a year or two ago but I think we have some good cover this year. Alex, Dan and Niall K are losses but if Jimmy and Ben are fit then we have that firepower up front along with Darragh.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 11:56 pm

really_unofficial_kildare wrote:
There are some injuries that would have knocked us way back a year or two ago but I think we have some good cover this year. Alex, Dan and Niall K are losses but if Jimmy and Ben are fit then we have that firepower up front along with Darragh.

I'd agree but Jimmy and Darragh need to be worked into good positions more this year. Ben can do a bit more on the run than them and create something from nothing.

That's why I'd still like to see some forward plan sooner rather than later. Also not having a hape of bodies back who are ball-watching.

As I keep saying Feely has the brains on the field to manage as he sees it, and when he is right and flying it's not just his actual play that is so important.

Back to top Go down
SplitThePosts
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2024 12:33 am

Is there anything further on the injury situation? Do we know lads are out for sure? Are we looking at long term injuries for anyone?
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2024 1:12 am

Before we all issue the usual rallyingh cry to get up and shout on the lads (travelling a couple of hours in winter) the County Board need to look at wtf they have done to help the build-up.

Someone was shot down a bit on another thread about the actual number of fans, but our core support is tiny and we don't exactly help the band wagoners.

I'd feckin like to know a panel or have any info a few days out from the start of the league.

Badger85 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2024 1:50 am

Flamingo wrote:
Before we all issue the usual rallyingh cry to get up and shout on the lads (travelling a couple of hours in winter) the County Board need to look at wtf they have done to help the build-up.

Someone was shot down a bit on another thread about the actual number of fans, but our core support is tiny and we don't exactly help the band wagoners.

I'd feckin like to know a panel or have any info a few days out from the start of the league.

It’s abysmal. How the hell do they expect to attract anyone who’s 50/50 or less about going to a game? It’s almost like they don’t care! And I know, or I think I know, that they do.

They have zero idea about how to attract new fans from our growing population.

I’m a repeat offender on this topic, but I get the impression that there’s a core, at the centre of Kildare Gaa, who don’t want to attract new people in. Same faces in different spaces.

Huge populations in the north of the county and the new communities feel closer to the places they lived, hours away then their new county.

Ah, I don’t know. I’ll be saying the same thing next year.

Looking forward to the game and the same familiar faces. Hopefully there’s plenty of new ones too.
Back to top Go down
newornowhere
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2024 9:44 pm

All the forwards need to step up this year and give McCormack and Alex b a hand. The only one in the last few years playing near their level was Neil Flynn and he is a massive loss. We might get away with it against lesser teams but against the good ones we need more than 2 forwards performing. Hopefully Darragh kirwan steps up as he has the potential but in 3 games against division 1 teams in the all Ireland series Dublin, Roscommon, armagh he scored 3 points.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2024 9:51 pm

newornowhere wrote:
All the forwards need to step up this year and give McCormack and Alex b a hand. The only one in the last few years playing near their level was Neil Flynn and he is a massive loss. We might get away with it against lesser teams but against the good ones we need more than 2 forwards performing. Hopefully Darragh kirwan steps up as he has the potential but in 3 games against division 1 teams in the all Ireland series Dublin, Roscommon, armagh he scored 3 points.

I think Kirwan is class but at the Div 1 level both himself and Jimmy do need more help to be on the end of things and can get swallowed up. I really don't think we can add Alex Beirne to Ben's level considering he was in and out of the team two years ago.

That being said he has come on a lot. I do think Dan has been poor at times but did a lot more grunt work when we were up in Div 1 and didn't do the Hollywood stuff. He also is someone that the opposition still double mark. The management need to make use of that to open things up.

Neil Flynn was very undervalued and it's a terrible pity his hamstrings are so dodgy.

KILL BILL and Anyonebutthedubs like this post

Back to top Go down
newornowhere
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2024 1:13 am

Flamingo wrote:
newornowhere wrote:

I think Kirwan is class but at the Div 1 level both himself and Jimmy do need more help to be on the end of things and can get swallowed up. I really don't think we can add Alex Beirne to Ben's level considering he was in and out of the team two years ago.

That being said he has come on a lot. I do think Dan has been poor at times but did a lot more grunt work when we were up in Div 1 and didn't do the Hollywood stuff. He also is someone that the opposition still double mark. The management need to make use of that to open things up.

Neil Flynn was very undervalued and it's a terrible pity his hamstrings are so dodgy.

Imho I don't how Dan was starting in the matches last year, he was miles off the pace. I know there were circumstances but the mgmt should of put there trust in someone else rather than keeping with him. His confidence was shot by the end of the year. Hopefully this year is better for him.

Flamingo likes this post

Back to top Go down
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2024 6:35 am

Dan is supposedly out through injury along with Harry O'Neill, Alex Beirne and Niall Kelly.
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2024 6:54 am

Fairplay to you really unofficiall… without you, there would be no buzz about this match at all.

Any chance you could takeover the Public Relations side of the county board? You put them to shame.

lilywhites on tour, Twentyeight, TheBigDog#, Southern Gael and FlourBag_1 like this post

Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2024 12:09 pm

Assume we’re looking at something like:
Donnellan
O’Grady Ryan Burke
Sargent K Flynn Houlihan
O’Callaghan Feely
McDermott McCormack O’Sullivan
Hyland Kirwan Woodgate
?
Back to top Go down
TheBigDog#
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2024 7:04 pm

Badger85 wrote:
Fairplay to you really unofficiall… without you, there would be no buzz about this match at all.

Any chance you could takeover the Public Relations side of the county board? You put them to shame.

100%. The work he puts in is unbelievable. Definitely puts the county board to shame
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2024 8:10 pm

Are players still in the sigerson allowed to play?
Back to top Go down
SplitThePosts
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2024 9:33 pm

centreback wrote:

Yes. It’s a great competition but poorly timed. The lads still involved you would hope will put county first.
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2024 10:47 pm

SplitThePosts wrote:
centreback wrote:

Yes. It’s a great competition but poorly timed. The lads still involved you would hope will put county first.

Not ideal kirwin could have 3 matches in the space of a week
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2024 1:02 am

The night before the game...anyone know anything. And to echo everyone here Really Unofficial and Kildare365 befoire him do trojan work to keep things going.

I feckin have a thing to go to, so it's a KFM job.
Back to top Go down
FlourBag_1
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2024 1:10 am

Any word on a starting 15? Cavan announced their team last night.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2024 1:33 am

Dan played last few matches as captain did he not in tullamore v Monaghan ?
Anyway need to
kick on from Saturday with a win and same again in Enniskillen next week sets us up nicely for a good summer

Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2024 1:52 am

FlourBag_1 wrote:
Any word on a starting 15? Cavan announced their team last night.

Ah no. Keep the head down. Say nothing...
Back to top Go down
cuttothebone
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2024 4:10 am

Flamingo wrote:
The night before the game...anyone know anything. And to echo everyone here Really Unofficial and Kildare365 befoire him do trojan work to keep things going.

I feckin have a thing to go to, so it's a KFM job.
There is actually more info about Kildare on the We Are Cavan podcast (Kildare preview) than anything from within Kildare itself, with the exception of the guys you mentioned..
Back to top Go down
Liffey Likes
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2024 6:26 am

In the absence of any teams news, I am interested in our Division 2 opposition. Tough it certainly is. Division 2 has to be the most competitive division because of Tailteann Cup risk.

We all know Armagh, Donegal and Cork are in prime position followed by Meath, Kildare and Cavan with Fermenagh and Louth likely to drop.

Armagh should take number 1 spot. Donegal appear to have embraced some obsessive training and already done a foreign training camp. They are really looking to start 2024 in a blaze and expect mad fitness levels, of course they will target division 1 and then try to be still be playing in July, but I am not convinced that they have players to edge Dublin or Kerry when it really matters.

Cork had some fantastic results last year and I am still scarred from the hiding we got in Newbridge.

The vibes from Meath is that they are rejuvenated and ready to go to the next level, personally I think they have too many debutants and they need to be put down smartly, before they pass us out.

I am really looking forward to the league campaign, the first 2 games are 100% vital to win and could create a springboard before really tough opposition. Cavan can be like ourselves, you could expect anything, especially with bounce from new management. They won Ulster a few seasons ago so who knows what to expect.

There are plenty of positive vibes about Kildare's new coaching methods, I am delighted Glen Ryan has finally embraced it and I am looking forward to seeing what style and tactics are employed. Here's to 2024.

Onhisboot likes this post

Back to top Go down
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2024 6:37 am

Thanks everyone for your kind comments! Still waiting on the white smoke but the team put down above is what I am also hearing with the possibility of Luke Killian starting at half forward for Shane O'Sullivan. Shane was brilliant the other night but these games do stack up so early in the year. Paddy McDermott, Ryan Burke, Luke Killian and Darragh Kirwan were all on top form the other night against a class UCC side.

Liffey Likes and Southern Gael like this post

Back to top Go down
totalgaa
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2024 7:49 am

It gets worse, while I am not a fan of having to purchase tickets online I went on to Kildare GAA web page went to tickets to be told there is no current event, had to go to Cavan GAA to get the link which I now know is Ticketmaster, but no promotion of game even to buy a ticket on our web page.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2024 Allianz League
Page 7 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next