Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2024 Allianz League

Go down 
+86
Nuxerfromthe50
Caprea
Taibi
Cassanata
Hurlerbehindtheditch
TheGreatof1928
Kildare-Tom
Anyonebutthedubs
Honthelillies
lilywhites on tour
Ogie
Cilldara_2000
Pr14
All down the line
smokey
Haggisgolf
Botch
bigball
Lanemusic
TheManInTheStands
OutTheGap
White Bridge
Ontheterrace
ChasingSam
Macckers1928
bite the pillow
CantonasCollar
MickosMen
shunta15
ClaneLillywhite
Sleeptight
proud_lily
Carburyhill
NorthernLily89
The flour bags
srg hartman
Shergar
lily4fr
Tawnbag123
bloodsub
totalgaa
cuttothebone
moatesports
centreback
Dermot Hennessy
Leead64
Southern Gael
KILL BILL
Clubman
jimmers
murof
LillieLad
Twentyeight
Thelillywhites
lily92
MD
DannyBoy
BearintheSquare
newornowhere
FionnMcCool
flourman
Kildarelilly
Gaa1928
Lilywhite forever
lomond
micky murphy
Onechance
lilysavage
Rex
if_in_doubt
gunnerman
Ohtoohtobe
SplitThePosts
Liffey Likes
Onhisboot
OutSideOfTheBoot
Badger85
Flamingo
rgb
Bigfullforward
Kildare999
TommyKeegan
Kildare98
TheBigDog#
FlourBag_1
really_unofficial_kildare
90 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

2024 Allianz League - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 5:52 am

gunnerman wrote:
Is it down to bad coaching or lack of tactics or average players or a bad manager ?

Yes, definitely, quite possibly, yes.
Back to top Go down
FionnMcCool
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 5:55 am

I told you all so. Its not a switch you can flick on and off when you feel like it .

The clear and obvious signs are there for 2 years now .

That was the single most pathetic Kildare performance I've seen in many many years in League and Championship.
I'm not going to overly analyse it as it wad just wrong all over the place in every aspect and facet of tye game.

There isn't one crumb of a positive to take from it . Not one single player can look in the mirror tonight.
The dressing room has been lost . It probably was early last year. This confirms it

KILL BILL and lilywhites on tour like this post

Back to top Go down
srg hartman
Junior A
Junior A
srg hartman

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 5:59 am

Cork,derry, louth and sligo performances last year every bit as bad as this latest shit show...when does enough become enough
Back to top Go down
gunnerman
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 6:08 am

Where/who are the leaders on the pitch .Who was captain?Who makes the decisions on the pitch ?
I know we are no world beaters but this a new low!Other teams have average players who seem to get the most from them but Kildare seem to have average to good players and Glen can’t seem to get a tune from them ?

KILL BILL likes this post

Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 6:15 am

Fermanagh seemingly unlucky not to win in Navan today. They will surely expect to pick up 2 pts against us next game. Very difficult to see any other result based on today. Div 3 is looking a real possibility already as this year's Div 2 looks stronger than last year.
Back to top Go down
The flour bags
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 6:17 am

New year same old kildare failings
Back to top Go down
lily92
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 6:21 am

Every January I come in full of hope.
Fermanagh and Meath will definitely fancy it against us.
I don't fancy us against any of the other teams in Div 2.
Back to top Go down
Thelillywhites
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 6:32 am

As I said all a little bit De ja vu......
could be even worse than last year.
But then again county board knew what they were getting even after the review ..
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 6:38 am

The Dark Knight has a quote "you die a hero or live long enough to be a villain". Glenn Ryan's management stint has made him the Villain.

I'm old enough to see football results as they are, just a game and in the grand scheme not that important so I don't get wound up like my younger self. However that tonight has infuriated me. We are abject, devoid of any coherent tactics, physicality, fitness, or defined way of playing.

Year three and we are worse that year one. It's utterly pathetic. Ryan should have been sent on his way last year, but we lack the backbone in this County to say this isn't good enough thanks but no thanks.
The CB as usual let things meander on in the vain hope Ryan suddenly becomes Jim McGuinness.

I'm not going to blame the players, they are being sent out to slaughter as they are I'll prepared for what they come up against. Not one person watching that could tell what we were trying to do. Year three yeah.

We have a better manager looking after the development team for God's sake. He was there tonight, penny for his thoughts watching that dirge.

Ryanball has failed completely and he should realise he's taking the County to a disastrous place.
Step down and let someone else steer us away from the iceberg.

KILL BILL, lilywhites on tour, Kildare98 and Thelillywhites like this post

Back to top Go down
lily92
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 6:41 am

FionnMcCool wrote:
I told you all so. Its not a switch you can flick on and off when you feel like it .

The clear and obvious signs are there for 2 years now .

That was the single most pathetic Kildare performance I've seen in many many years in League and Championship.
I'm not going to overly analyse it as it wad just wrong all over the place in every aspect and facet of tye game.

There isn't one crumb of a positive to take from it . Not one single player can look in the mirror tonight.
The dressing room has been lost . It probably was early last year.  This confirms it  

I apologise for having a pop in previous posts.
There is something wrong with senior football in Kildare.
Back to top Go down
gunnerman
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 6:44 am

Kildare backs way off their men.Too easy for Cavan forwards to score .Lack of fitness shows .
What is happening in hawkfield during the week?

Tawnbag123 likes this post

Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 6:44 am

The year is 2137. Kildare have huge potential. The only problem is managers that win everything with anyone else.

Look this management is doomed. Not defending them. But I got endless abuse last summer for suggesting this team lack balls, brains and much more. The only thing they do not lack is excuses and endless opportunity. Funny thing is they might bounce back and beat an Armagh or Donegal and people will say that disproves my point when it literally proves it.

For the 4,000th time, they are such a talented group without any hunger or sense.

KILL BILL and Kildarelilly like this post

Back to top Go down
FlourBag_1
Intercounty
Intercounty

Foolishly travelled to Carlow this evening with a bit of enthusiasm. That 70 minutes was beyond dreadful, reminiscent of the dark days V Cork, Derry, Louth & Sligo last year. I was very disappointed with the performance of some of our senior players when we needed players to stand up and take the game by the scruff of the neck. Lost count of how many times we ran into tackles, our forward play was awful. Shane O’Sullivan came on and showed something at least. Defensively we were a shambles, gave them too much space and lacked aggression. Paddy McDermott missed a really easy chance to put us within one in the second half, however it’s clutching at straws, Cavan were full value for their win and 4 points absolutely flattered us. Where to now? Well for me it’s the pub and a few pints!!
Back to top Go down
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 6:45 am

Why the f**k do I continue you to waste my time with them 😂😂

Ah lads that was just shocking. As everyone said, three years and there’s just no plan whatsoever of what we’re doing. One league game in and I know o said earlier that we can’t be wetting the bed but I genuinely expected more especially with Colm nally on board.

One thing that stood out to me is the absolutely shocking standard of tackling. We look like a team who don’t know how to tackle whatsoever. The amount t of crappy frees we gave away was terrible.

Lose next weekend and we are going down for certain. I can’t see us beating Donegal Armagh Cork or Meath based on tonight.

The sooner this season is over the better and the sooner Glen Ryan is gone the better. The man got his chance and has fluffed it big time. But by the way, some of the experienced players looked well and truly off the pace tonight which even more worrying. Only one fella impressed me tonight and that was Ryan Burke.

I think I’ll settle for the telly next Saturday. Feel like an eejet going to watch that rubbish.

Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 6:51 am

And then these heroes will truly stand up.
MD wrote:
Why the f**k do I continue you to waste my time with them 😂😂

Ah lads that was just shocking. As everyone said, three years and there’s just no plan whatsoever of what we’re doing. One league game in and I know o said earlier that we can’t be wetting the bed but I genuinely expected more especially with Colm nally on board.

One thing that stood out to me is the absolutely shocking standard of tackling. We look like a team who don’t know how to tackle whatsoever. The amount t of crappy frees we gave away was terrible.

Lose next weekend and we are going down for certain. I can’t see us beating Donegal Armagh Cork or Meath based on tonight.

The sooner this season is over the better and the sooner Glen Ryan is gone the better. The man got his chance and has fluffed it big time. But by the way, some of the experienced players looked well and truly off the pace tonight which even more worrying. Only one fella impressed me tonight and that was Ryan Burke.

I think I’ll settle for the telly next Saturday. Feel like an eejet going to watch that rubbish.
Back to top Go down
Twentyeight
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 6:53 am

Nearly won the clean sweep of Leinster titles at club level. 3 Leinster and 2 All-Irelands in the last 6 years at under 20 level, not to mention all of the schools and colleges success and we could find ourselves in Division 3.

Hard to fathom really. There’s some seriously wrong with the senior intercounty set up.

Kildare98 and Thelillywhites like this post

Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 6:54 am

To quote The Hives, hate to say I told you so. Kept my counsel - in fact kept it positive - in build up, as like everyone, only want to see Kildare succeed.

Lads, Glen should have been removed at end of 2022. That was a beatable Dublin team in that Leinster final & the tactical cluelessness was conclusive evidence Glen wasn’t up to the job. There will be inevitable debate about whether the players are good enough. It may well they’re short of being a top Div 1 team, but I’m afraid I totally disagree that, with the right prep, tactics & mental approach they shouldn’t be beating Cavan today.

Glen & Co. will always be legends of Kildare football, but unfortunately it looks like this last year is going to get pretty ugly, maybe even Tailteann Cup ugly. To see this group of legends go out in that comp would be a desperate sight, but we can’t say we didn’t have prior warning. I’ve been saying it for 18 months.

It’s particularly infuriating that, for the first time since I’ve been following Kildare, we have proper internal management options with Burke, Flanagan, Ward & others. Shame the season is already a bust but realistically this whole era has been a bust since we conceded five goals to Dublin.

The management’s playing careers will spare them the worst, but realistically the last 18 months has been a return to the Jason Ryan years. Absolutely woeful & likely to get worse. Christ!

KILL BILL likes this post

Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 6:57 am

murof wrote:
Fermanagh seemingly unlucky not to win in Navan today. They will surely expect to pick up 2 pts against us next game. Very difficult to see any other result based on today. Div 3 is looking a real possibility already as this year's Div 2 looks stronger than last year.

Clare and Limerick have been replaced by Cavan and Fermanagh and already we have seen they are better teams. Lose to Fermanagh next weekend and we are in real fear of relegation.

People dismissed our defeat a couple of weeks ago by the hurling stronghold of Wexford - to be beaten by a team of that pedigree was a sign. 2 years on and we are going nowhere.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 7:00 am

Didn’t want to open this can of worms either, but all I’ve heard about Nally is that he’s a bit clueless. An apt recruit then I suppose.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 7:01 am

Think its fair to say we are ill prepared. Cant make excuses about being first game of the league. Everyone knew this was a key match to set tone for rest of the league. A match we should be winning. Cavan better than us in every line. They must have had double figures turnovers. At no stage did we look like winning.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 7:07 am

The idea that the mgmt would miraculously turn it around in year 3 was laughable… If you want to know what serious counties do in this situation, Mayo squad gave Connelly & Holmes the bullet after one year. ONE FUCKING YEAR. That’s the ruthlessness you need. Unfortunately we continually accept the senior team’s mediocrity. It some ways I’m amazed at the players… They’re the ones putting their lives on hold & yet they put it up with county board & mgmt being substandard… Lads anyone heading for a few I don’t blame ye, truly dire evening.

Twentyeight and Thelillywhites like this post

Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 7:10 am

Just in from the game. Awful, awful stuff. I couldn’t tell you what the idea was. We sat back but never put a hand on them. We went short with our kickouts, allowing them to filter back. I’d say Cavan couldn’t believe their luck on that one.

Other than give the ball the Darragh, there was no plan.

We’ve now got a recognised coach and I couldn’t see any improvement. Fitness wise we’re way off. One particular occasion a Cavan defender nearly ran the length of the pitch and pulled away from the Kildare forward chasing him! The Cavan player had to hop and solo the balll! Shocking!

The Don pushing up on their kickouts and it caused Cavan no fuss. On that, he’s not quick enough to pull that off if he has to sprint back.

No signs of any improvement from last year. Glenn should’ve put the county ahead of himself last year and stepped away.

KILL BILL and Thelillywhites like this post

Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 7:10 am

We have talented players when teams let them play and everyone is in the mood. That translates to them actually not being that good at all.
Managers always take the heat and I've said many times that Jason Ryan was a great mudguard.
That trend continues.
We do well underage but then there are no real leaders to bring these lads on and so they regress.
Like even at club level we have all seen lads who are established county players where you are just scratching your head.

Take Cavan. McKiernan was a one speed lad who always showed up and wanted to get on the end of the move. We have lads who will only demand that ball on the good days and just ship it 5 yards when things aren't going well.

NOW, that's not to excuse no tactics or system. Like that must be bad for players.

lilysavage likes this post

Back to top Go down
NorthernLily89
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 7:20 am

Don't know how people are surprised? As I said it's a write off year once the CB decided to stick with Glenn. No stadium, no management, no plan. I'd say a few players that were on the bench will be sickened to see a goalkeeper come on to play outfield over them. Hopefully it's not a scarring year for the young lads on the panel. Uphill task for the league.
Back to top Go down
Carburyhill
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 7:22 am

Kildare remind me of Man Utd at the moment. I think we need a clear out starting from the top & work our way down the county board is unfit for purpose. Glenn should have went last year Kildare players also really show a lack of interest.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2024 Allianz League
Page 9 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next