Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2024 Allianz League

Go down 
+80
Kildare127
Borderline
micky murphy
Boggerlad
White Bridge
Sleeptight
kildaregaa365
Admin
Columbo
kelf
Sam1928
centreback
srg hartman
Taibi
Snowwhite
Cassanata
ChasingSam
Nuxerfromthe50
Southern Gael
DannyBoy
SplitThePosts
Clubman
Highball
murof
bite the pillow
ontheline2024
ClaneLillywhite
Lily899
Leead64
Cilldara_2000
MD
if_in_doubt
Twentyeight
Onhisboot
totalgaa
Gaa1928
FlourBag_1
lomond
Liffey Likes
Kildare999
Thelillywhites
CillDara 2024
jimmers
Ontheterrace
Macckers1928
Flamingo
TommyKeegan
Football101
Kildare98
TheGreatof1928
TheBigDog#
Hurlerbehindtheditch
Earl_Kid
Kildarelilly
FionnMcCool
newornowhere
OutTheGap
MickosMen
lilysavage
KILL BILL
really_unofficial_kildare
TheSquire28
Ohtoohtobe
BearintheSquare
shunta15
Botch
gunnerman
Badger85
Rex
TheManInTheStands
rgb
NorthernLily89
Lilywhite forever
Wrecktheshop
LillieLad
lily92
Kildare-Tom
moatesports
Onechance
84 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 39, 40, 41
AuthorMessage
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

2024 Allianz League - Page 41 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 41 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 8:52 pm

Blue for you wrote:
It's a laughable suggesion to think Jim Gavin would go near any flourbag team.and espically as a number 2 to the Gaelic football dinosaur McGuinness what planet do you guys live on ???
Jesus Christ…..
Back to top Go down
Thelillywhites
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 41 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 9:34 pm

Blue for you wrote:
It's a laughable suggesion to think Jim Gavin would go near any flourbag team.and espically as a number 2 to the Gaelic football dinosaur McGuinness what planet do you guys live on ???

He gave that as an example of papering over cracks with an appointment.
Read through the lines Rolling Eyes its pathetic that a jackeen is on here anyway.

I will be keeping an eye out on how Armagh does Sunday and this year in Ulster.

It would seem to me realistically the options are
( depends on the chairman getting a sudden dose of cop on)

1. McGeeney
2. Brian Flanagan
3. Davy Burke
Back to top Go down
Anyonebutthedubs
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 41 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 10:42 pm

Not sure who the goalkeeping coach is or if they have one. Saw glenns young lad doing the warmup with them a few times and at training also. It looks terrible. But sure its a family day out for the Ryans at this stage.
Back to top Go down
MickosMen
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 41 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2024 1:47 am

Hoping Armagh get a good dousing in Ulster this year to dampen calls for McGeeney back. Been there done that. Let's back one of either Brian or Davey.

Look if we do manage to get to play the dubs again Glenn will just blame the hammering on having to go to croker. And lads here will be lapping it up, slapping him on the back for calling the GAA out and all of that shite.

Back to top Go down
Twentyeight
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 41 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2024 2:15 am

McGeeney is very unlikely to come back. Armagh will stroll to an Ulster final and might well win it.

Davy might well be the man but it will be a tough watch. He may grind out results but Roscommons scoring has nearly been as poor as Kildares this year.

Not sure on Flanagan, his only senior experience is managing Johnstownbrige to two championship quarter finals. There’s a big difference between senior management and underage football.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 41 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2024 2:32 am

Meath hurling manager resigned, can Glenn do the same?
Back to top Go down
Thelillywhites
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 41 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2024 2:53 am

LillieLad wrote:
Meath hurling manager resigned, can Glenn do the same?

I seen that I won't pretend to know the ins and out of the resignation because I don't and we can speculate. It could be personal reasons but Meath hurling were last in league standings.

Although the Meath Hurlers are only 3 weeks from their respective championship. The manager had the cop on to do what was best for that team and county.
Unlike the dream team as someone else said how the current management walk around in Kildare with faces held high telling people were improving is beyond me.

People saying re: Mc Geeney been there done that.
Sure you could say that with Micko's second coming. Justin Mc Nulty is back in Laois for a second stint too he was in Laois in and around the time McGeeney was here.
Look McGeeney may never be back here but apparently he said he wouldn't rule out a return and still has a soft spot for Kildare even after what happened.
Out of the three I listed the dream team for myself would be McGeeney returning with Flanagan in as no.2 as Flanagan would gain huge experience at senior level this way and be in line then to overtake when the time comes.
Well McGeeney returning would just bring Kildare back into the headlines for all the right reasons.

KILL BILL, LillieLad, Liffey Likes, Southern Gael and The rising sun like this post

Back to top Go down
Clubman
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 41 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2024 7:03 am

Twentyeight wrote:
McGeeney is very unlikely to come back. Armagh will stroll to an Ulster final and might well win it.

Davy might well be the man but it will be a tough watch. He may grind out results but Roscommons scoring has nearly been as poor as Kildares this year.

Not sure on Flanagan, his only senior experience is managing Johnstownbrige to two championship quarter finals. There’s a big difference between senior management and underage football.

Brian has a huge future with kildare football but , you would wonder was this year a wasted year for him . Surely a year to 2 in intercounty lower divisions would give him the experience to take the kildare job . As mentioned above the step up from club or underage intercounty to senior intercounty is colossal. Funnily enough the kildare job next year is probably a very attractive job to any potential manager as surely the only way is up. Hopefully the CB don't employ the same adviser as last time. Would love to know if he got paid for his "expertise "

Twentyeight likes this post

Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 41 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2024 7:58 am

Savage win for the minors. Always good to hammer Meath. Mad how we’re at such a low level at senior. Hopefully it lifts with a proper management team next year.

lilywhites on tour, OutTheGap, lilysavage and Twentyeight like this post

Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 41 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2024 8:40 am

Blue for you wrote:

Nice to see even as bad as we are we're still living rent free in your head. Good man!

really_unofficial_kildare likes this post

Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 41 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2024 9:04 am

LillieLad wrote:
Savage win for the minors. Always good to hammer Meath. Mad how we’re at such a low level at senior. Hopefully it lifts with a proper management team next year.

Cant beat them enough

KILL BILL, lilywhites on tour, OutTheGap, moatesports, LillieLad, Twentyeight, SplitThePosts and like this post

Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 41 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 2:40 am

Watching the two league finals here… Jesus it’s like watching a different sport. We’re so far off the pace it’s almost laughable.

We’ve absolutely no right to be on the same pitch as these teams.
Back to top Go down
Thelillywhites
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 41 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 6:01 am

Well we have fallen as far  as we have as a result of three years of this mediocrity management. No doubt in my mind we would be competing in division 2 with any other management.
And before anyone says it
NO I am not deluded
NO I do not think divison 3 or Tailteann is our level.
And NO way would any other county accept the drop we have.

Last edited by Thelillywhites on Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:54 am; edited 2 times in total

KILL BILL, Liffey Likes and The rising sun like this post

Back to top Go down
FionnMcCool
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 41 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 6:07 am

Thelillywhites wrote:
Well we have fallen as far  as we haveas a result of three years of this mediocrity management. No doubt in my mind we would be competing in division 2 with any other management.
And before anyone says it
NO I am not deluded
NO I do not think this divison 3 or Tailteann is our level.
And NO way would any other county accept the drop we have.

There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that under a different management set up we'd be competing and pushing for promotion from Div.2.

The absolute biggest thing for me over this weekend is how unfit, lacking energy, explosiveness we seem to be. We look just so so slow and laboured . Even our quick players.

It's an absolute scandal that this has been allowed rot and fester for 3 years to this.
Its the county boards fault its came to this.

It's mamsgements fault it's continuing by not stepping aside.

When Westmeath beat us comfortably in 2 weeks time it will be the cherry on top of a complete and utter shit show. Dog shit at that.

KILL BILL, lilywhites on tour and Thelillywhites like this post

Back to top Go down
bite the pillow
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 41 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2024 2:56 am

5 years ago Derry played in Division 4...Last Sunday Derry won Division 1. Was this the greatest "5 vear plan" in the history of sport, never mind Gaelic Football ?

Lilywhite forever and Thelillywhites like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 41 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2024 Allianz League
Page 41 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 39, 40, 41