Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ryder Cup 2010

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

Ryder Cup 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Ryder Cup 2010   Ryder Cup 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 8:34 pm

Ryder Cup 2010 613x

G Mac closed the deal but Miguel Angel Jimenez is cool as fcuk...
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Ryder Cup 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryder Cup 2010   Ryder Cup 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 9:04 pm

He's a like a golfing Don!

I lovve the Ryder Cup, having played golf most my life I know how hard and frustrating it is, so to see the cream of the world's best players slugging it out and playing some unbelievable shots under extreme pressure is something I always look forward to.

When McDowell says that the last nine holes of the US Open where like playing nine holes with his Dad in portrush compared to the Ryder cup's last day you get an idea how they feel.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

Ryder Cup 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryder Cup 2010   Ryder Cup 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 10:02 pm

Yeah, I think the Ryder cup is one of the greatest sporting events on the planet. The pressure is immense and atmosphere electric.

I know what you mean too about hard it is. I'd crack up over a 3 footer on the 18th just to win 2 euro off the old man. I dunno how these guys hold it together with 40,000 on the course and 11 other team mates relying on you.

It was a really good ryder cup this year. The 5 and half points from 6 on Sunday for Europe was incredible.

Delighted for Monty. A really good USA team this year too and Corey Pavin seems like a very likeable guy.
Back to top Go down

Ryder Cup 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryder Cup 2010   Ryder Cup 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 10:39 pm

What did people think of Harringtons demeanor and body language over the 4 days?

The man looked like a kid amongst adults over the 4 days. He looked to have absolutely no confidence left in him whatsoever. Played some horrendous shots over the 4 days, if Europe had of lost he would have had to endure the Paul Casey selection deabte.

Realy felt for him.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Ryder Cup 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryder Cup 2010   Ryder Cup 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 1:23 am

I thought he did fine, he did a great job with Fisher and he did contribute two points in the pairs.
He was up against a man possessed in Johnson who was I think about -7 for fourteen holes. With scoring like that there is no one on the planet who would have matched him apart from Woods who was -8 for thirteen holes which is simply unbelievable golf.

Monty was at pains to point out that there was more to his selection than form, Harrington brings a lot to the dresing room and he even said himself that he tried very hard to help the rookies this year.

For anyone interested I seen Poulters twitter feed on the BBc website and I have to say that I usually find that kind of think boring but it was actually an excellent find.
A lot of behind the scenes photos and videos. Worth checking out.

http://twitter.com/ianjamespoulter
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

Ryder Cup 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryder Cup 2010   Ryder Cup 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 9:32 pm

Love the Ryder Cup, think its a great event. I'm not a fan of Harrington's, I think he is too anal. He has never performed in the Ryder Cup
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

Ryder Cup 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryder Cup 2010   Ryder Cup 2010 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 11:41 pm

Stonecold wrote:
Love the Ryder Cup, think its a great event. I'm not a fan of Harrington's, I think he is too anal. He has never performed in the Ryder Cup

Not true Stonecold - his record was outstanding in his first two or three, only losing one tie I think, but has been atrocious in the last two before this, until getting the two with Fisher... yeah, he's slow and tinkers like mad but he's made himself a three-time major winner even though Clarke would always have been a cleaner striker... he's done something similar to JD, becoming a top man in his game by dint of hard work, when as a young lad, in terms of natural talent, he was miles behind the best domestically, not to mind the top level.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ryder Cup 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryder Cup 2010   Ryder Cup 2010 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ryder Cup 2010
Page 1 of 1