Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare County Convention 2010 - Motions

Go down 
+20
Ogie
tomcruise
Dual
White Bridge
ElGuerrouj
SeeTheStars
HoA
centreback
TheBigFullForward
homerj
Big Full Back
Yellow Pearl
losthope
Rex
hawker
rgb
kildarecat
Stonecold
kartman
mrblobby
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
mrblobby
Senior
Senior

Kildare County Convention 2010 - Motions Empty
PostSubject: Kildare County Convention 2010 - Motions   Kildare County Convention 2010 - Motions Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 8:42 pm

Anyone any motions of interest?
Back to top Go down
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare County Convention 2010 - Motions   Kildare County Convention 2010 - Motions Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 9:10 pm

Stop giving 3 tickets to every club in ireland for all ireland finals.Sort out the counties involved and sponsors then think about the rest.

Sorry just realised its kildare not all ireland but you get the idea.not sure there'l be many changes at county level.

Last edited by supersub on Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Kildare County Convention 2010 - Motions   Kildare County Convention 2010 - Motions Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 9:48 pm

Disband the CCCC, DRA, CAC & CHC and get one proper workable system.

Define what a "tackle" is or isn't.

Do away with the "President" of the associaion and appoint a permanent person who can have long term goals & aims.

Mr Duffy to concentrate on grass root issues like refereeing standards, pricing structures and the appeals system working.
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: Kildare County Convention 2010 - Motions   Kildare County Convention 2010 - Motions Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 1:06 am

Stonecold mistook the post as well for All Ireland GAA Convention but for once I'm in total agreement with him, the whole organisation needs to be more centralised to eradicate the constant shirking of controversial issues by passing the buck or moving the goalposts almost at will when it suits them.

Unfortunately I've heard it muted already that the GAA have no immediate plans to introduce what the Ladies football have in place as regards stopping the clock for injuries and subs etc and when time is up a hooter goes off, ok it wasn't an innovative idea because it has been used in other sports but well done to ladies for introducing it.
It stops those sadistic refs adding on too much or too little at their own discretion and also leaves supporters in no doubt as to what time is left to play, so there can be no moaning or recriminations after the game as to how much time should or should'nt been added on.

From a Kildare perspective I'd love a major shakeup of the County Board executive posts as I think this lot are way out of touch with the paying public [possibly greed been their motivational factor?] and whats pretty evident too is they seem to believe that the County team is the be all and end all to the detriment of the Clubs concerns, its these clubs players that make up the county teams and its these clubs supporters who turn up to support the county teams, grass roots might be over used in GAA terminology but the Kildare County board seem to be totally oblivious to the grass roots that surround them!

Last edited by kildarecat on Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: Kildare County Convention 2010 - Motions   Kildare County Convention 2010 - Motions Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 1:48 am

How in heaven's name are the County Board executive motivated by greed?

It's not the six-figure salary they earn by doing the job, is it?

Are the cunning devils volunteering for these positions so they won't have to pay into matches in Newbridge and elsewhere?

I look forward to your candidancy for one of these posts, KC.
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: Kildare County Convention 2010 - Motions   Kildare County Convention 2010 - Motions Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 2:31 am

rgb wrote:
How in heaven's name are the County Board executive motivated by greed?

It's not the six-figure salary they earn by doing the job, is it?

Are the cunning devils volunteering for these positions so they won't have to pay into matches in Newbridge and elsewhere?

I look forward to your candidancy for one of these posts, KC.

Not the first time rgb has stuck up for the county board pretty obvious you're closely connected, but you know what I mean, they might have the good of the county at heart but their way of going about obtaining their goals while not exactly alienating the Kildare masses they're hardly endearing themselves, mistakes can be at times be rectified so I wait in eager anticipation what next season has to offer?.
Back to top Go down
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare County Convention 2010 - Motions   Kildare County Convention 2010 - Motions Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 3:23 am

One thing I could never understand is why intercounty and club matches differ in terms of the length of the game. Why not have all games 35 minutes per half? Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't know of any other sport where it differs.
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: Kildare County Convention 2010 - Motions   Kildare County Convention 2010 - Motions Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 3:41 am

If I have an issue with the county board, I tell them face to face. I don't make baseless points on an internet forum.

How about you address my point rather than accusing me of bias?

To accuse the County Board executive of being motivated by greed is laughable. I addressed the point. Rather than responding to my point with a reply based on evidence or opinion, the best you can do is "oh you must be closely connected to them".

Make a point if you have one, KC.
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: Kildare County Convention 2010 - Motions   Kildare County Convention 2010 - Motions Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 4:09 am

I think I've explained myself on numerous occasions on here rgb so this is the last I will say about it, for the time being anyway, if they're in need of finances they don't seem to give two hoots what way they obtain it or who they walk over or pressurise in the process!.
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: Kildare County Convention 2010 - Motions   Kildare County Convention 2010 - Motions Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 4:36 am

That's not the same thing as accusing them of greed, kc.

Neither of us think they are perfect. You see sinister motives in their actions. I don't. It's that simple.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare County Convention 2010 - Motions   Kildare County Convention 2010 - Motions Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 4:49 am

Haven't been on here for a couple of days, and I see a KC post with the sentiments of greed, Club v County, alienating the grass roots and realise I've not missed much.

Kc as much as I don't want to get into another row on here but will you give examples of your perceived issues and we can all make a call on whether you have a point and give our reactions.
At the moment you seem to be using the scatter gun approach and just lashing out at all and sundry hoping to get a hit.

I particularly like you to expand on your Club v County statement.
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: Kildare County Convention 2010 - Motions   Kildare County Convention 2010 - Motions Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 6:14 am

We've been here before JME, maybe you should direct your question towards an executive committee member of each and every club in Kildare when the county team/teams get into full swing are the clubs concerns of little importance as far as the county board are concerned?, I can only speak for my own club talking to a few of the executive members, because don't forget they're members of that club and quite rightly their first priority is for their own clubs concern or welfare, and yes they do love the Kildare jersey also.

The county board appoint a manager and numerous mentors every year to look after each and everyone of the various kildare teams of different age groups and codes, these mentors of course will have their own agenda and will try and squeeze the county board to get their own way as much as they can, but the county board should remember that they also represent the clubs of the county and have to act as go between between club and county, the county teams seem to win hands down everytime as far as the Kildare board are concerned, the GAA heirarchy or archaic traditions are as much to blame? virtually allowing each county board a free rein to do as they please, no hard and fast rules, ah sure we'll leave it to your own discretion old chaps!.

Out of curiosity JME have you any affinity to any club team in the county? or are you one of those fans who just follow the county team blindly and are neutral as far as the club scene goes?, nothing wrong with that, but you do seem to jump to the defence of the county senior team at every opportunity, beyond any form of criticism constructive or otherwise!.

Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare County Convention 2010 - Motions   Kildare County Convention 2010 - Motions Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 6:16 am

KC the county convention is on the 11th of Dec so here is what you should do, firstly sit down and identify exactly the problems you have with the way the county board operate, draw up a proposal for change and present it to your clubs AGM which is should be held prior to convention, if you can get you club to back your motion it can then present it to convention for the other clubs in Kildare to accept or reject. If it's a national issue it will then go to that level and faces a vote at congress, now none of this is easy but if you feel strongly about the issues and you seem too, then get it changed, all you need is support.

Be clear on what issues you want to change, don't use as JME pointed out ''a scatter gun approach'' you will not get passed you club if you do, they will not give you the club soapbox for a personal rant and rightly so.

I have gone through the above process and was successful in changing a rule that my club and I had a problem with, so I am speaking from experience.

I am looking forward to seeing the CLAR for this years convention
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: Kildare County Convention 2010 - Motions   Kildare County Convention 2010 - Motions Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 7:06 am

I think one of the issues is already well and truely out in the open ballyboy, debated not only on here but also caused a bit of a stir on the Local radio not to mention a local sports reporter highlighted the issue, strange thing is the county board tried to blame the clubs, forgetting it was they who proposed it to the club representatives in the first place to vote on, no doubt with a bit of sweet talk and a poor mouth to accompany and strengthen their proposals to try and get it passed, begs the question even if it wasn't passed would they have just went ahead with it anyway??.
The club representatives are not in the dark about this issue either ballyboy, I've no doubt some of them were looking in here or like yourself are forum members?, or listening in on KFM, as they say watch this space and watch that bloody budget.

Back to top Go down
Yellow Pearl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare County Convention 2010 - Motions   Kildare County Convention 2010 - Motions Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 7:06 am

Lads I dont agree with all of what KC says but he is right in one thing, there are some changes needed at CB level.
Its very easy to sit back and ridicule Kildarecat for his points, but I don't know of too many clubs or GAA folk who were impressed with the CB this year. A number of items I would have issues with are as follows:

1. Fixtures - Very obvious that the vice chairman/committee hadn't a clue what they was doing.

2. Finance - For those who watch the matches from the expensive seats in the offices, we are in the middle of a recession. Maybe some don't mind paying €10-20 every week to go and watch whatever matches are in Newbridge. But there are some of us who love going from one match to the other when championship is being played. The current prices are not realistic and need to be addressed

3. St. Conleth's Park - This place is a slum. The seating is a joke, the water pisses in thru the roof on a wet day. Toilets...............are 3rd world standard. No running water, stale p**s and s**t all over the place, the stench is putrid. No running water to wash hands.
I'd be interested to hear the defence of this shambles.

4. Referee's - The standard of refereeing in this county is disgusting. We've had incidents of ref's telling lies, ref's not showing up, and basic piss poor undertsanding of the rules for far too long now. ITs painfully obvious that despite all the new jerseys and kit, these guys are not up to the job.
One simple solution might be to get one of the best modern day referee's who is a Kildare man, to take over the referee's and overhaul it. Put some sort of budget in place to ensure that these guys are being trained properly and reviewed on a regular basis.

There are many other item I would like to list but they'll keep for another day. I have no doubt Padraig Ashe will remain in situe for the year ahead. I would hope that we could have competition for all other positions as its this competition which keeps things fresh and prevents a return to the by gone eras of Aldrighe, Whelan and co.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Kildare County Convention 2010 - Motions   Kildare County Convention 2010 - Motions Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 7:15 am

Lads and Ladies,

I think we're getting too serious here..... We all know that things aren't a bed of roses . For years there were never any changes at the Top Table.... Same faces and names and it was run like a concentration camp... Nobody dare ask who was doing what or how much things were etc.......

The county board have come on from the old days. Maximum terms for positions, fresh faces and audited accounts. This has and can only help open up the county board.

I am not going to say that they are pefect. On some occasions, they can make decisions that doesn't please everyone but if there was a quickfix solution, we'd never have anything to write or moan about!!!!!!

Every club is entitled to put forward motions so the hurdlers on the ditch who aren't attached to a club well...... Your voice won't be heard!!!!
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: Kildare County Convention 2010 - Motions   Kildare County Convention 2010 - Motions Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 7:42 am

The Big Full Back makes a lot of sense. Hard to argue with a lot of NewbridgeFan's issues either

I just don't think it's as black and white as Kildarecat portrays it.

1. The county team is a top priority for the county board. Nothing wrong with that but it is probably hoovering up the money that would otherwise be spent on things like refurbishment of St. Conleth's etc.

It is a question of priority. We could be in a position like Laois where they had a local doing the job (badly) for the past two years simply because they couldn't afford an outsider. They have a nice stadium though. I think I'd rather have a good team that is given every opportunity to be the best they can be because they are the County Board's top priority. Can we have both? Of course, but not right now, it seems. Money problems, I'm guessing.

2 Fixtures. Yes there have been problems with fixtures. Even the executive themselves acknowledge that.

However, it should not be forgotten that the second round of the club championship was fixed for early May against the express wishes of both Geezer and the executive. This idea that the county team is dictating everything just isn't true and there's the proof. It just doesn't suit people's agenda to accept that though.

3. I 100% agree with pricing issues. I actually attended the semi-final and final of a certain competition this year where I was charged more for the semi-final than the final!
Some serious imagination needed here to bring people back. I'm the guy that will get to as many games as I can over a championship weekend and there needs to be an incentive brought in to encourage people to attend. I believe there was a weekend ticket available but it was the best kept secret in the world.

Now before anyone accuses me of any agenda with those comments, I have been involved in club management for four out of the last five years so I'm not a CB apologist.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Kildare County Convention 2010 - Motions   Kildare County Convention 2010 - Motions Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 7:51 am

rgb..... You make me laugh!!!!!

You only know too well whats needed to run a team....... No apologies needed on my behalf.....

You make good points..... We'll have our own convention......
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare County Convention 2010 - Motions   Kildare County Convention 2010 - Motions Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 7:57 am

The one thing that always bugs me when people question the action or in-action of a county board is the way they attach no blame to club delegates, they are voted in as voices for clubs and seem to do nothing. All of the things mentioned on this thread would not come to pass if the delegates did not vote them in and I would bet that most of the issues at county board are never brought back to the club for discusion.
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: Kildare County Convention 2010 - Motions   Kildare County Convention 2010 - Motions Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 8:02 am

BFB, don't be getting flirty now. I'm strictly crumpet.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Kildare County Convention 2010 - Motions   Kildare County Convention 2010 - Motions Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 8:14 am

RGB...

bom cherry
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: Kildare County Convention 2010 - Motions   Kildare County Convention 2010 - Motions Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 8:19 am

BFB and RGB..... I sense a poem in the near future
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Kildare County Convention 2010 - Motions   Kildare County Convention 2010 - Motions Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 8:22 am

Now...... Back to Kildare GAA........
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: Kildare County Convention 2010 - Motions   Kildare County Convention 2010 - Motions Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 8:33 am

Really good idea. Ballyboy makes a fair point about the delegates though.

Reminds me of what Ger Loughnane once said about treating county board delegates like mushrooms- keep them in the dark and feed them shite!
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare County Convention 2010 - Motions   Kildare County Convention 2010 - Motions Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 9:10 am

kildarecat wrote:
We've been here before JME, maybe you should direct your question towards an executive committee member of each and every club in Kildare when the county team/teams get into full swing are the clubs concerns of little importance as far as the county board are concerned?, I can only speak for my own club talking to a few of the executive members, because don't forget they're members of that club and quite rightly their first priority is for their own clubs concern or welfare, and yes they do love the Kildare jersey also.

The county board appoint a manager and numerous mentors every year to look after each and everyone of the various kildare teams of different age groups and codes, these mentors of course will have their own agenda and will try and squeeze the county board to get their own way as much as they can, but the county board should remember that they also represent the clubs of the county and have to act as go between between club and county, the county teams seem to win hands down everytime as far as the Kildare board are concerned, the GAA heirarchy or archaic traditions are as much to blame? virtually allowing each county board a free rein to do as they please, no hard and fast rules, ah sure we'll leave it to your own discretion old chaps!.

Out of curiosity JME have you any affinity to any club team in the county? or are you one of those fans who just follow the county team blindly and are neutral as far as the club scene goes?, nothing wrong with that, but you do seem to jump to the defence of the county senior team at every opportunity, beyond any form of criticism constructive or otherwise!.

First of all as rgb has pointed out one of the biggest rows of the year was because fixtures were set before the Louth game in opposition to what the County management wanted so to keep saying the get their own way is false. In fact if I recall they did not even inform the County set up of the decision who heard it off KFM first.

To be honest you wrote a lot but said feck all, most of it was filling no real specific instances of said favoritism.
Taking the one point you did make who would have thought that these mentors in charge of a team would want the best for their team, the audacity of it staggers me.

Thirdly, yes I'm guilty of wanting my county team to do well, you seem to be one of these people that has no graw for your county and so doesn't really care what happens outside your Club.

Lastly I do have an affinity to a club, which my grandfather played for, my father played for and I played for many moons ago (can you say the same), but since this is an internet forum for views and not for divulging personal information it matters not who I support. Those that want to let their club be known can do so, I like to keep a little anonymity thanks and let people debate my views without club matters coming into it. You of all people know how letting your club be known can tarnish how people view your stance.

The best thing you can do as been said is if you want to change they way things are ran you'll have to start with your club delegate and take if from there, venting on an internet forum ain't going to change jack shit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare County Convention 2010 - Motions   Kildare County Convention 2010 - Motions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare County Convention 2010 - Motions
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next