Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dermot Earley set back?

Go down 
+2
FearBan
Rex
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Dermot Earley set back? Empty
PostSubject: Dermot Earley set back?   Dermot Earley set back? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 6:30 pm

Heard on the radio this morning that Dermot has had a set back, it was also reported in the independent yesterday.

"Meanwhile, Earley is understood to have jarred his knee in recent days, prompting fears that he has suffered a significant setback.

The Kildare midfielder underwent surgery last autumn to repair three separate problems in his troublesome knee, including corrective work on damaged cruciate and medial ligaments.

He has been out of action since his knee collapsed beneath him in the early stages of the All-Ireland quarter-final against Meath.

Earley was due to start running again this weekend but the setback has apparently left him sore. He is due to have another consultation with his surgeon in a couple of weeks, but an expectation that he would be back before July now looks most unlikely"

Bad news if true.

Back to top Go down
FearBan
Intercounty
Intercounty
FearBan

PostSubject: Re: Dermot Earley set back?   Dermot Earley set back? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 6:41 pm

He was in Dungannon on Sunday anyway.

I doubt he would be asked to travel 6 or 7 hours in a car / on a bus if he had just hurt himself.

Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Dermot Earley set back?   Dermot Earley set back? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 10:23 pm

marcus wrote:

I doubt he would be asked to travel 6 or 7 hours in a car / on a bus if he had just hurt himself.

He wouldn't have to be asked
Back to top Go down
FearBan
Intercounty
Intercounty
FearBan

PostSubject: Re: Dermot Earley set back?   Dermot Earley set back? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 11:46 pm

Ogie wrote:
marcus wrote:

He wouldn't have to be asked

asked / allowed. I would think he would be told to rest up if he had done more damage.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Dermot Earley set back?   Dermot Earley set back? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 12:04 am

Sensible assumption Marcus. For his own sake though I hope he is still on the road to fitness.
Back to top Go down
FearBan
Intercounty
Intercounty
FearBan

PostSubject: Re: Dermot Earley set back?   Dermot Earley set back? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 12:21 am

Yep, Setback or not, I really doubt he will feature for us at all this year, no matter how far we go.

As you say, for his own sake I hope he gets back to full fitness. Rehabilitation is the worst form of training, a lonely graft with very few rewards.
Back to top Go down
Derfil
Senior
Senior
Derfil

PostSubject: Re: Dermot Earley set back?   Dermot Earley set back? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 8:58 am

You may have been right Marcus Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GaaHead
Senior
Senior
GaaHead

PostSubject: Re: Dermot Earley set back?   Dermot Earley set back? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 9:10 am

Reports are untrue.... He was in great form at training last Thursday.... Wasn't due to start running until next Monday anyway. Your assumption wouldn't be too far off Marcus I feel, but that ain't going to stop him trying...
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

PostSubject: Re: Dermot Earley set back?   Dermot Earley set back? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 1:14 am

Just hope the chap is Ok would be a terrible pity not to see him play again even at club level he deserves a bit of luck get well soon Dermott
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Dermot Earley set back?   Dermot Earley set back? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 1:21 am

GaaHead wrote:
Reports are untrue.... He was in great form at training last Thursday.... Wasn't due to start running until next Monday anyway. Your assumption wouldn't be too far off Marcus I feel, but that ain't going to stop him trying...

Sound Head, I wonder where these reports come from.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dermot Earley set back?   Dermot Earley set back? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dermot Earley set back?
Page 1 of 1