Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dermot Earley

Go down 
+15
peile
kickingking
lollypop
Muller
Athyman
Ogie
centreback
Rex
lilly-exile
fargo
lilysavage
stanley
TommyKeegan
Taibi
KFSAM
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Dermot Earley Empty
PostSubject: Dermot Earley   Dermot Earley Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 10:20 pm

I know there is a thread on Dermot a few pages back, but I felt that this needs a thread of it own.

Some great news on the return of both Dermot and Hughie. Has made my saturday. This has only been tweeted a few minutes ago.

Welcome back Dermot & Hughie.

Dermot Earley's first tweet:

Dermot Earley Dermot10
Back to top Go down
KFSAM
Senior
Senior
KFSAM

Dermot Earley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dermot Earley   Dermot Earley Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 10:26 pm

Very Happy Tremendous news. His dedication and application and pure will to return should be an inspiration to us all.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

Dermot Earley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dermot Earley   Dermot Earley Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 10:44 pm

Brilliant to see the legend coming back. And Hugh Lynch will be another big boost.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

Dermot Earley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dermot Earley   Dermot Earley Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 10:59 pm

Fantastic. Must have been some job to spend that much time getting back. Legend. Not that it's all that relevant given the good news, but can't imagine we'll be seeing either until last game of league at best.
Back to top Go down

Dermot Earley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dermot Earley   Dermot Earley Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 11:09 pm

If they played 35 minutes with Juniors last night, we might see them sooner rather than later.

They would be in a position to be named on the bench and get 10/15 mins from now on.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

Dermot Earley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dermot Earley   Dermot Earley Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 11:12 pm

Can't imagine management or players themselves will be rushing it though, and rightly so. All in good time.
Back to top Go down

Dermot Earley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dermot Earley   Dermot Earley Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 11:15 pm

Possibly not. But I know the Junior Kildare challenge games are even a step up in pace and standard from playing Senior League Club football.

They're in a good position to challenge for June. If things are going ok in the middle, and we're winning games they certainly won' be rushed.
Back to top Go down
stanley
Intercounty
Intercounty
stanley

Dermot Earley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dermot Earley   Dermot Earley Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 12:03 am

Great news for all Kildare supporters and absolutely delighted for the man himself to have made it back.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

Dermot Earley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dermot Earley   Dermot Earley Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 12:20 am

Didnt give Earley much chance of makibg a comback,fantastic dedication
Back to top Go down
fargo
Senior
Senior

Dermot Earley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dermot Earley   Dermot Earley Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 12:22 am

Good call Fionn .This man is an out and out hero ,up there with any national icon .Wish him the best too..
Back to top Go down
lilly-exile
Intermediate
Intermediate

Dermot Earley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dermot Earley   Dermot Earley Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 2:45 am

great news. does anyone know what position they played in last night?
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Dermot Earley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dermot Earley   Dermot Earley Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 3:11 am

Great great news for Dermot personally and a big lift for the rest of the squad. Also brilliant to see Hughie back as well.

Lets not forget Julie Davis in the lads recovery.

A very positive way to start an important weekend for Kildare.

onwards and upwards.
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

Dermot Earley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dermot Earley   Dermot Earley Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 6:04 am

what a boost for the whole squad
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

Dermot Earley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dermot Earley   Dermot Earley Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 10:23 am

There might be a possibility of some game time at the end of the league. Right now, playing championship is a long way off 35 minutes against Waterford. All our experience of cruciates tell you that.

It is a tremendous boost to have the two lads bursting their asses to be back and hopefully they will have a role to play. I remember lads were talking about Mikey all last year and the year before. The cruciate is a bastard, pure and simple. So fingers crossed. But the man is a legend to even want to put himself through all that again. Great about Hughie too and obviously Julie Davis has a big role.

Dermot started at full-forward before moving out midfield and from what I'm told sent some clever balls inside. Kildare won by a point in what was described to me as a very good game
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

Dermot Earley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dermot Earley   Dermot Earley Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 10:51 am

Dermot early a living legend, he must have some dedication to put his body on the line again, what a player and what a man,
Back to top Go down
Muller
Intermediate
Intermediate

Dermot Earley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dermot Earley   Dermot Earley Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 10:00 am

Today just drove it home to me that he is the greatest I've ever seen in Kildare jersey. JD, Glen and a few others not far behind . He has been through so much and suffered so many setbacks. He is a target for opposition players the minute he sets foot on the pitch. The shoulder inhury against Derry a number of years back proves it. His determination to come back after his injuries ( shoulder, knee, broken foot if memory serves me) and also serious illness not to mention that emotional day against Antrim in Newbridge. Its not only his determination and desire, he is one of the best all round midfielders in the modern game.

After he went down in Croker against Meath i thought that was it. I though for the sake of his health he would not be back. He owed us nothing.You could be here all night talking about his achievements. The reception today was unreal. Much like in Navan when he made the comeback from illness all those years back. What a man. What a legend
Back to top Go down
lollypop
Senior
Senior

Dermot Earley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dermot Earley   Dermot Earley Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 10:54 am

i dropped de young fella vec training one cold november night in hawkfield ,thought bad off gettin out for a look it was dat cold . earley and conway probably ran 30 laps de same night .would have loved to have had dere drive and commitment to get back playing .total respect boys ,no matter what else yous do
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

Dermot Earley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dermot Earley   Dermot Earley Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 11:00 am

Just a true gentleman and a credit to the county. What more can you say.
Back to top Go down
peile
Intercounty
Intercounty
peile

Dermot Earley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dermot Earley   Dermot Earley Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 6:34 pm

Brilliant to see Dermot coming on and the crowds reaction said it all. Thought JD's pass to him for the score was a really nice touch from one Kildare legend to another, Johnny could easily have scored himself. Looks like Dermot acknowkledged it too.

Looking forward to seeing Hughie back on the pitch too.
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

Dermot Earley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dermot Earley   Dermot Earley Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 8:21 pm

Very special occasion. Dont think that I have ever seen such a reception in Newbridge. And the final point. Get ready for a Hollywood blockbuster lol!
Back to top Go down

Dermot Earley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dermot Earley   Dermot Earley Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 8:30 pm

Haven't witnessed a roar like it in Newbridge in all my years going there, bit of a surreal moment. One which I'm glad I witnessed. The point at the end capped of a fantastic return.

It typifies what the GAA is all about and what it means to pull on your county colours. To have such drive and determination to come back from a double injury like that says what kind of man he is and what kind of team spirit McGeeney has created with these bunch of players.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Dermot Earley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dermot Earley   Dermot Earley Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 9:45 pm

Say what you like about McGeeney but bringing on Dermot showed a lot of class and reading the vibe of the crowd.

As I walked out yesterday all everyone around me was talking about was Dermot coming on and scoring the point. Great day all round.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

Dermot Earley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dermot Earley   Dermot Earley Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 10:46 pm

So much for game time at the end of the league! Should have known better than to apply normal rules to this man. In hindsight, it seems, he wasn't going to go out there til ready. And apparently, he's very much in the mix from now on. He won't start, but he'll be there. In short, it being only March, I'd say he might be four weeks ahead of schedule and should be A1 for the championship.
Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

Dermot Earley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dermot Earley   Dermot Earley Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 11:46 pm

Welcome back big man.

Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

Dermot Earley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dermot Earley   Dermot Earley Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 11:47 pm

anyone know anything about hughies recovery will he be making a return soon?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dermot Earley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dermot Earley   Dermot Earley Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dermot Earley
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next