Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Loss to Laois

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lilylady11
Junior A
Junior A

Loss to Laois Empty
PostSubject: Loss to Laois   Loss to Laois Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 4:27 pm

Very surprised there has been no buid up or post mortem to Sundays game in here. To say it was disappointing wouldn't really suffice. It seems every time a Kildare ladies team strengthens in any area, theres another area that suffers.

Is it that hard to find a manager/coach who can 'Spot and Fix'?

As for the game - well where would you start?

Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

Loss to Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loss to Laois   Loss to Laois Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 8:08 pm

Didn't see it, but just looking from the outside, would it not be interpreted as another step in the right direction, losing by a point to a team that was very close to winning the Division 1 league title? Unfortunately, Emma Byrne won't be there the next day
Back to top Go down
Lilylady11
Junior A
Junior A

Loss to Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loss to Laois   Loss to Laois Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 11:33 am

With respect Ogie, Emma Byrne shouldnt have been there against Laois.
She never trained with the panel, didnt know the girls names and didnt know what to do with the ball - kickouts etc. Given that it must be 10 years since she last played football, Id doubt she was even registered to a club.

That aside. I saw warning signs when the league started, signs of imobile players, poor technical ability and indeed some laziness. I was rubbished and told that this team was going to win this year, that they were the best Kildare team in a long time. That this player was great and that player was great......

Im not going to go into the nastys of it all, but there are some serious serious issues with players on that team. They have gone 3 years now without identifying and training a good young goalkeeper. THREE YEARS a senior intercounty team has had no goalkeeper?

I said earlier i nthe year that I feared for this team and I do so even more now. With no managers and a lot of the players from senior clubs now refusing to commit to the playoffs (choosing to concentrate on club championship - mar ya) There is the distinct possibility that Kildare will end up at Intermediate level.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Loss to Laois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loss to Laois   Loss to Laois Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Loss to Laois
Page 1 of 1