Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

laois match

Go down 
+11
GaaHead
kelf
Admin3
kartman
SameoldSameold
nomorethefool
bob12
littleSam
centreback
Dual
lilylady
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
lilylady
Junior C
Junior C

laois match Empty
PostSubject: laois match   laois match Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 5:01 am

I`m sure alot of people seen this match on tv what ye think where did we lose it?
Will Paul Kelly stay on for another year?
Back to top Go down
Dual
Intermediate
Intermediate

laois match Empty
PostSubject: Re: laois match   laois match Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 10:20 pm

Because we scored less than the opposition! Sorry couldn't help it.
I didn't see the match just some highlights on TV, seems to be that some of our forwards just didn't preform, did better when Siobhan Hurley came on in the second half. Seemed slow to make changes in the first half if players aren't performing changes should be made quicker.
Back to top Go down

laois match Empty
PostSubject: Re: laois match   laois match Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 2:45 am

Laois were the better team on the day. A very sloppy goal to give away, that has happened in a number of games this year.
That is one area that need to be looked at.

I think the main difference was the Laois forwards were just better than ours.
Any time they got in the scoring zone, they were able to take their score.
We made very hard work for most of the scores we got.
Also I thought some of the Kildare players were not anywhere near as athletic as the Laois.
We carried players in a number of area's and you will never get away with this at that Level.

Its a Junior C or underage decision when you see a corner back or corner forwards being taken off when the problems are elsewhere.
Some of the subsititue decisions were strange.
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

laois match Empty
PostSubject: Re: laois match   laois match Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 6:04 am

yea laois were well worth there victory kildare didnt have anything up front, girls they lost this year showed big time in this match. kildare resorted to carrying the ball as they had no real ball winners in the forwards so they killed the likes of brianne and donna and ashlling holton by asking them to do everything.
i agree with ya fionn some decesions on the line were baffling took a corner back off brought one on and took her off again and the problem wasnt the corner backs but the goalkeeper and the full back who stayed on the field for the whole game also he must have known the problems after the donegal game as reguards the goalie, he still hasn`t sloved that downfall. surely an out field player would do better with kickouts and basics anyway
Back to top Go down
littleSam
Junior A
Junior A

laois match Empty
PostSubject: Re: laois match   laois match Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 12:16 am

i have to agree with you there centreback. i thought the goalie & fullback were at fault for the goals and just didn't perform. Just shows how poor the managment is for blaming the corner backs...easy escape goats.... i would happily see the back of paul kelly as i don't think he has done any good for kildares football, if anything we have gotten worse.
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

laois match Empty
PostSubject: Re: laois match   laois match Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 5:37 am

agree little sam some starnge decisions made or the lack of them on the line. Laois had the homework done they weren't great them selves just knew what to do they have a good sideline ex county player with some sort of a brain
Back to top Go down
nomorethefool
Junior C
Junior C

laois match Empty
PostSubject: Re: laois match   laois match Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 6:23 am

agree,agree,year one, took them down, year two took them back up as second best, if left in charge- -year three,take them back down again,not capable of reading a game or making changes that have a telling effect and is reluctant to introduce youth to the panel with 1 or 2 exceptions,but not near whats needed to have a future in top flight football,a lot of the team are around a long,long time and cant go on for ever,so providing for the future is vital NOW
Back to top Go down
SameoldSameold
Junior C
Junior C

laois match Empty
PostSubject: Re: laois match   laois match Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 12:37 am

Paul Kelly is as bad a manager as I have seen in Kildare in a long time. His lack of manners and respect are one thing, but his inability to read a game and/or make changes accordingly has been detrimental to this squad over the last 2 years.
In his first season he banged this drum about taking time to find players and their positions. Loada crap, he has managed club football in Kildare for 5 or 6 years. He also had all the so called big names available to him that year. But his inability and ignorance got them relegated.
This year they wanted praise for being beaten out the gate in the league final by an intermediate team.

If Kildare countyboard and thats a big if, want whats best for football in this county, this man will be sent packing.
Somebody with ability, knowledge of the game and above all else an ability to manage people is needed to remove the dead wood and egos and build a new panel.

I'll not hold my breath though, nothing has changed with the administrators in this county. Nothing changed so everything has stayed the same.
Back to top Go down
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

laois match Empty
PostSubject: Re: laois match   laois match Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 1:20 am

Who would you recommend to take over?
Back to top Go down
SameoldSameold
Junior C
Junior C

laois match Empty
PostSubject: Re: laois match   laois match Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 4:13 am

Well God forbid they push the boat out and use some grey matter for a change.
Names like Gerry McGill who is finished with Dublin this year, Mick Ryan of former Wterford fame could be appraoced. What about Pat Critchley who took Laois from winning nothing to winning a number of Leinster titles. Those are just 3 off the top of my head.
Im sure when I think about it more, there will be plenty of names who could be listed and approached.

I dont believe there is anybody locally who could do this job. The new man should be free from the influences that have dogged this county for so long. Its time to filter the young talent that exists in this county, but has been repeatedly ignored for the big names and egos. There is plenty of talent that remains untapped.

But I dont expect anything to change. Same old same old.....
Back to top Go down
Admin3
Admin
Admin

laois match Empty
PostSubject: Re: laois match   laois match Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 5:22 am

A lot of anger in those posts, I sincerely hope that your are not going to be on here slagging people off all the time, but that user name does not fill me with confidence. Please think before you vent.
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

laois match Empty
PostSubject: Re: laois match   laois match Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 9:05 am

who is all this younger talent you talk about i follow ladies senior football and i thought the younger players were on board this year the likes of joanne timmons aine gately ciara hogan trish delahunt niamh quinn louise keatley samantha keatley ash holton miriam murphy sue o`connor siobhan hurley the 2 ballykelly girls not sure one is niamh something thats a fair few to come through?
Back to top Go down
SameoldSameold
Junior C
Junior C

laois match Empty
PostSubject: Re: laois match   laois match Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 3:32 am

Im only back off holidays so just getting to read your reply here now.
Sue O'Connor, Ciara Hogan, Niamh Quinn Siobhan Hurley and Aine Gately have all been around for the last number of years. All of them have committment issues and it could be argued are not good enough to play senior (Gately aside).
Louise Keatly has played for the last few years but was left on the line for the Laois game because she went on holidays this year for 2 weeks prior to the game. Yet Aoife Herbert had been away in Sweden for 4 months or so, Aine Gately in Canada for months, yet they were brought straight into the starting team. Dont waste your breath trying to explain that to me, there is no explanation.
Joanne Timmons is no where near good enough to play senior football, her inability to run, track, tackle or perfrm any basic skills has cost the team on more than one occasion. How in the name of God can you call Holton a new player? She played on the All-Ireland winning team and has been around for most of the time since then?

Im all for bringing in new talent, it simply has to be done. The prima donna's just have to go and go now.
But don't bring the new talent in 3 weeks before a game. FFS don't try justify that one either.

All in all, this an has had more time than most to prove that he could do something and has shown repeatedly he can't.
Look back over his various management tenures. Failed with Eadestown until they brought in 5 to 6 inter county players from around the country. Failed with Confey who had some of the best underage players around coming through at the time. And now he has failed miserably with Kildare.

As I have said before, nothing will change whilst things stay the same!
Back to top Go down
nomorethefool
Junior C
Junior C

laois match Empty
PostSubject: Re: laois match   laois match Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 5:52 am

usualshite,d other day i spoke wit a friend on this topic and u have just repeated word for word wat i said,when i read ur post i thought i was listenin to a playback of my own words,especially bout his track record,i cudnt agree wit u more,its ridiculous to think he even has A TRACK RECORD, unless hes handed a multi-national,ready made outfit, SPOT ON
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

laois match Empty
PostSubject: Re: laois match   laois match Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 7:14 am

you were the one that said its time for the younger talent, i named a load of players there and yes holton does fall into the category of young player so does donna berry no matter how long they are there so don`t attack me on this new player shit cause you said "Its time to filter the young talent that exists" so again il ask the question again who is this younger talent you talk about because for you to slate joanna timmons like that there you must be looking at some great talent cause there is hardly a midfielder in the club scene that can take joanna with the exception of brianne and holton
also think ciara hogan will be some player had some game in the county final last year maybe time aint right for her to committ but mark my words she will be good if she committs
Back to top Go down
Dual
Intermediate
Intermediate

laois match Empty
PostSubject: Re: laois match   laois match Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 8:18 pm

It’s the easiest thing in the world to come on to a forum and anonymously slag off players, but those girls committed to the county. They gave up their time and effort when others weren’t willing or able to. If there’s young players or better players out there great, now’s the time for them to step forward. I have the greatest respect for any person who tries out for the county, even if for whatever reason they don’t make it at least they tried. Its unfair and cowardly to list a number of players and just dismiss them, if you don’t like how the team is being run then go to a county board meeting, that’s the place to air your grievance not on a public site naming young girls who’ve given up a lot to wear the jersey. By the way your user name is very appropriate – we’ve all stood on side lines listening to people who think they know better but don’t want to do any of the work.
Back to top Go down
SameoldSameold
Junior C
Junior C

laois match Empty
PostSubject: Re: laois match   laois match Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 8:36 pm

How very noble of you Dual, take a bow, infact stay up there o nthe soap box and tell me what you think of talented and promising players who have been turned away by incompetence? Tell us what you think of young players being turned away and put off by older and supposedly better players bullying?
I have no problem in players putting themselves forward and trying with honest endevour to imporve themselves and the overall setup. But there are a number on the current panel who see themselves as an elite crew, who don't have to mix or help the rest. WHo will not if their lives depend on it, take a young girl aside and show her how to imporve a kick, or work on a block. Instead they will abuse them for a missed pass or score. These same players when being judged as intercounty players, are no where near as good as they think they are.
Young players that could and should be draughted in? Aoine Donoghue, Clionagh McNamara, Siofra Daly, Erica Burke, Careen Farrell,Clionadh McSweeney, Dervla Kelly are ones that I know of. Theres also a young Earley girl that plays for Celbridge who is excellant.
Its far to simple and lazy to accept a wholesale panel back every year without getting off the arse and go looking at players.
When this current group of mentors took over, there was meetings and trials with players and clubs from all over the county. All the talk was of how this would continue and how the 2nd team would continue to give players their platforms.
Why then has there been no more trials and why was the 2nd team dispanded?
I will repeat again, this management group havent got a clue. Their 2 years in place have proven this.
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

laois match Empty
PostSubject: Re: laois match   laois match Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 1:09 am

think that erica girl will be very good but is she only 15? maybe next year might be the year to give her a try out but i still think you are way off the mark saying he didnt try new talent or young players
Back to top Go down
SameoldSameold
Junior C
Junior C

laois match Empty
PostSubject: Re: laois match   laois match Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 8:26 pm

I would say she is at least 16. If shes good enough to come on in a senior final against current champions ans score 2-3 in the manner that she did, she is good enough to at least be on the panel.
I don't accept what you say about me being way off the mark. INfact go and speak to some of the current players and they will echo these sentiments. I dont just mean the so called superstars!
Why are you so keen to defend the management group? Did you actually go to see any of the games this year? Have you not seen how tactically inept the whole thing was? Have you not seen the players and what they feel?
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

laois match Empty
PostSubject: Re: laois match   laois match Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 9:19 pm

like how many players do u want a manager to call up? kelly must have tried out about 20 new players over his 2 years to say he didn`t try new talent is way off cause he did try new talent and plenty of it but this county will never succeed in the senior championship if all the "superstars" and everyone else don`t pull together and give it there all this county can`t afford to be missing the likes of noelle earley ashling jennings kate leahy julie cunningham gillian behan or elaine dillion.
however i would agree that the team is lacking in tactical knowledge something they will have to look at for next year cause as far as i know kelly and co will be there next year and everyone needs to get behind them and give it there all.

also i`m not too sure what you mean about the superstars but i can tell ya kildare ladies would be lost without them.

Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

laois match Empty
PostSubject: Re: laois match   laois match Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 3:54 am

Aoine Donoghue, Clionagh McNamara, Siofra Daly, Erica Burke, Careen Farrell,Clionadh McSweeney & Dervla Kelly have been mentioned as potential County Seniors

Erica Burke: She is a current County Under 14 and missed some games this year due to injury. Would it not be better to let Erica play a few years Under 16 first and hope she can then make the step up.
Aoine was on the Panel this year but was injured & not able to play the Championship games.
Clionadh did not play football this year ( concentrated on Camogie) but if she returns to football she would be an addition as would Clionagh McNamara, Siofra Daly & Dearbhail Kelly and I would add Rachel Divilly & Carol Bergin to that list. Here's hoping that if they are invited that they will accept !!!
Careen Farrell has struggled since her knee problems and is not yet back to her form as an Under 16. She has the talent and lets hope she too can make it.
The other point I agree with is Kildare cannot afford to be without Noelle, Aishling Jennings etc but what is most neded in 2011 is full support for the team from the fclubs & fans.
Back to top Go down
GaaHead
Senior
Senior
GaaHead

laois match Empty
PostSubject: Re: laois match   laois match Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 9:51 am

Kildare need commitment.... Girls don't want to train... Pick and choose games they turn up for... Still playing with a Junior attitude...
Back to top Go down
gaaweb
Senior
Senior

laois match Empty
PostSubject: Re: laois match   laois match Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 7:40 pm

Lets see what commitment comes out of this.

http://www.kildaregaa.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=481:ladies-your-county-needs-you-&catid=189:ladies-news-archive&Itemid=179

Kildare Senior Ladies Football Management are currently finalising their preparations for next season. Having watched a significant amount of Club games both in the League and Championship they are in the process of making contact with a specific list of players to invite them to join a provisional training panel for 2011.

They have also recently written to each Club Chairperson & Secretary seeking nominations of players from their respective clubs.

In addition to the above processes, if you feel you can demonstrate the appropriate level of skills and commitment to football to represent your County in the coming year, please contact your club representatives asking them to submit your details or contact either

Paul Kelly at 087 9575746 ( pwkelly@statestreet.com This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ),
Ger Deasy 087 1210890 or
Tony McConnell 086 3867966 directly.
It is their intention to commence collective training on Friday and Sundays from the start of November working through until end December at which point they will finalise a National League panel.

Please note you must be aged over 16 entering into the 2011 season.

We would appreciate your nominations by cob Friday 8th October.

Back to top Go down
SameoldSameold
Junior C
Junior C

laois match Empty
PostSubject: Re: laois match   laois match Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 8:46 pm

Same management team in place, shame on you countyboard!
I thought with the changes at last years AGM that things might change but the same weak, lazy and pathetic decision making is going on.
WTF do management want clubs to nimonate players if they have " watched a significant amount of Club games both in the League and Championship" ?
If these bunch of clowns had indeed been out watching games they wouldnt need clubs to nominate girls t play.
Also, theres little point in people trying to contact Paul Kelly, he rarely if ever answers his fon and merely gets his secretary in work to send emails, text messages and memos.
THE WORST manager Kildare ladies have ever had.

GAAHead is indeed correct, certain players train when they choose. Other times they just claim to be injured and stage a miraculous recovery just in time for a match at the weekend.

The whole setup is a sham. 2010 has bee na sham and with these same clowns in place 2011 will be as bad.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

laois match Empty
PostSubject: Re: laois match   laois match Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 3:25 am

Dont you luz a bit of optimism.

Now this is a challenge to supporters

How many of these games can you attend this Sunday.

Leinster Club Championship Quarter Finals

Leinster Senior Club Championship

Balyna v Ballyboden St Enda’s In Johnstownbridge at 4:30pm

Leinster Intermediate Club Championship Quarter Final

Kilanerin v Castlemitchell, in Killanerin at 12:45pm

Leinster Junior Club Championship Quarter Final

Ballykelly v Rochfortbridge in Stephen O'Rourke Memorial Park, Ballykelly on Sunday October 3 at 2pm.

Kildare Junior B Championship Semi Finals

Kilcullen v Kilcock In Kilcullen at 11:30 am
Carbury v Na Fianna In Carbury at 2pm

I expect the County Selectors will be at most of them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

laois match Empty
PostSubject: Re: laois match   laois match Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

laois match
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next