Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Conleths Park

Go down 
+6
littleSam
stayinwillya
woodie38
overthebar
lilywhites on tour
BelieveToAchieve
10 posters
AuthorMessage
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

Conleths Park Empty
PostSubject: Conleths Park   Conleths Park Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 5:27 am

Why the he'll was the football cancelled yesterday yet the hurling could
go ahead today?

Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

Conleths Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conleths Park   Conleths Park Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 6:27 am

Because Hurling is great!! and the weather wasnt as bad today as twas yesterday.
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

Conleths Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conleths Park   Conleths Park Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 6:44 am

Because the hurling fraternity whinge the most you mean!
It's a disgrace that the football matches were called off at a couple of hours notice.
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

Conleths Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conleths Park   Conleths Park Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 6:54 am

yeah more notice should have been given. So was the larries junior hurling final- changed venue today, with short notice aswell.
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

Conleths Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conleths Park   Conleths Park Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 7:14 am

Being a football county, with huge footballing support and properly organised competitions (more so than the stick monsters) and given the fact that the football was first on the weekend, the football should've gone ahead & either let the hurlers go play in Clane where they usually go or postpone it till next week.
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

Conleths Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conleths Park   Conleths Park Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 7:22 am

ah lad ya cant be saying that! thats disgraceful attitude. The hurling final has been in newbridge for donkeys years. And anyway the hurling is well organised aswell, and a lot of effert goes into it just like the football. Thats a very narrow attitude of you.
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

Conleths Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conleths Park   Conleths Park Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 7:27 am

Spot on there lilywhitesontour, hurling finals should always be in conleths park and also be held at premier grounds for major championship games...........
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

Conleths Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conleths Park   Conleths Park Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 7:37 am

The hurlers have looked to play county matches in
Clane for years but have been prevented by GAA rules.
Yes they are entitled to have the co final in Newbridge, but not
In place of a game which would've attracted a far bigger audience
and which had been scheduled before it on the calendar anyway.
Are we being told that hurling is more important than junior football?
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

Conleths Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conleths Park   Conleths Park Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 7:40 am

yes! A senior hurling final is. well it differs as people have their own opinions.
Back to top Go down
woodie38
Junior C
Junior C

Conleths Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conleths Park   Conleths Park Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 8:03 am

i doubt the player who were preparing for a county final would agree.A couple of hours notice is really a joke surely decision to cancel game could have been made earlier in morning.
Back to top Go down
stayinwillya
Junior A
Junior A

Conleths Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conleths Park   Conleths Park Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 8:33 pm

What time was the match called off at?
Back to top Go down
littleSam
Junior A
Junior A

Conleths Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conleths Park   Conleths Park Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 10:13 pm

My guess would be that the match was called off on Saturday to save the ground for the hurling county final on Sunday. Instead of calling off the games sat, why didnt they just move them to a new venue?
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

Conleths Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conleths Park   Conleths Park Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 10:59 pm

That's exactly what happened. We all know how hurlers don't like playing on the same
Pitch after a football match.
Why wasn't logic used, the Saturday matches were first on the calander so they go ahead. If the pitch isn't capable of holding a hurlin match afterwards, then find a new one.

Back to top Go down
FearBan
Intercounty
Intercounty
FearBan

Conleths Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conleths Park   Conleths Park Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 8:56 pm

FuturesWhite wrote:
Are we being told that hurling is more important than junior football?

The fact that the comment above is only intended to wind up tempers my response. Of course the SENIOR hurling final is more important than the JUNIOR football final, as is the intermediate hurling final, while the junior hurling and football final share equal importance.

Just because you (or whoever else) don’t grace hurling games by your presence does not make it any less important or any less significant.

All county finals, hurling and football should be played in the county grounds. In truth it’s a disgrace that the Naas Larries game was moved to Ros Glas but I presume they agreed to it on the grounds that they wanted it played on the day it was scheduled.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

Conleths Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conleths Park   Conleths Park Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 9:48 pm

I would have to agree that the senior herling final is more importatnt than the junior football final.
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

Conleths Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conleths Park   Conleths Park Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 9:48 pm

You'll only find agreement on senior hurling's superior status amongst the hurling fraternity in this county which everybody knows is minimal. Does the fact that the 'senior' hurling champions of Kildare competing in the Leinster INTERMEDIATE club championship not speak volumes here???

The junior football final will attract a far bigger audience than probably the senior,intermediate and junior hurling finals combined.
Yes the hurlers are entitled to play their final in Conleths Park - a privelage they opt to seek when it suits them.

The football fixtures for Saturday should've gone ahead as planned and if the pitch wasn't playable for the next day, then postpone the games till the following week.

Dosent matter now anyway, with the hurling out've the way the football can continue.
Back to top Go down
parcel
Senior
Senior

Conleths Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conleths Park   Conleths Park Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 10:35 pm

Agree with futuresack that the football should not have been called off to save the pitch...if the pitch is in bad condition Sunday mornin after it then call the hurlin off...don't agree with sayin one is more important than the other tho...you should talk to the coil dubh, Eire Og, ardclough lads who play senior hurlin and junior football which is more important...
Back to top Go down
stayinwillya
Junior A
Junior A

Conleths Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conleths Park   Conleths Park Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 12:35 am

Interesting stance FuturesWhite. Do all of the other people in Two Mile House share your opinion or are you just particularly annoyed that your club were brushed aside on this occasion?

I agree that the match should not have been called off to save the ground for the hurling (if that was the case) but I don't think there is any need to be-little the hurlers because of it. It looks now like there were plenty of other grounds un-playable on Sat so maybe the right decision was made.

If it had been played you probably would have been on here giving out that it should have been called off, (unless "the house" won of course, in which case you'd be as happy as Larry)

As for the game on Sat.... "Up the house" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

Conleths Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conleths Park   Conleths Park Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 10:18 pm

Do you get things arse about face often Stayinwilly??
I am nowhere near involved with TMH. I do happen to know a couple of their players, but have no club connections whatsoever.

My argument is based on the logical proceedings of a timetable. If match A is fixed for today and Match B is fixed for tomorrow both on the same pitch, then match A goes ahead and a pitch inspection is carried out afterwards to see if its still capable of holding match B.

Hurling was match B and should have been accomodated next week if the pitch wasn't playable. If they werent happy with that, they could've gone to Hawkfield or Clane etc.

Is that explained enough for you?
Back to top Go down
totalgaa
Senior
Senior

Conleths Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conleths Park   Conleths Park Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 2:09 am

Futureswhite, did you ever think it was inspected on Saturday and was unplayable and again inspected on Sunday and found to be playable. We had a lot more rain Friday / Saturday morning, than we had on Saturday / Sunday morning.
Back to top Go down
stayinwillya
Junior A
Junior A

Conleths Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conleths Park   Conleths Park Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 5:03 am

I was never confused so no need to explain. You don't really make a clear argument anyway, at least not one that makes sense (see above post by totalgaa). There are more holes in your argument than in the TMH full back line!!!

I said there was no need for you to be-little the hurlers and I stand by that.

For the record I'm only joking about the TMH full back line, I'm quite sure they'll be well able for Robertstown
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Conleths Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conleths Park   Conleths Park Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Conleths Park
Page 1 of 1